• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Cant stop feeling very sad, here is why.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there.
I know this may sound juvenille for a woman in her 30's but just recently this guy that I had a huge crush on moved far away unexpecedily. :( I also heard that his wife is pregnant as well. I am very happy for them but I sure do miss seeing him around. :( I talked to my doctor about my feeling about this and got prescribed some more meds. He said that I am dealing with a loss. I have never ever felt this crushed before about any other guys that I had a crush on. As I told my doctor this guy was litterally one of the best looking guys I have EVER laid eyes on, he was OFF LIMITS because he was married, I just liked looking at him is IT! Please give me the best advice on how to deal with this extreem pain that I am going through!!!!

Thank you so much in advance for your advice. I really could use it!

God bless you all!:hug:

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have found that for me, there are so many good looking people that I don't totally get hung up on any one good looking woman. I just am looking for a relationship that would start as a friendship, I hope it happens in the future. You know what you may miss him now, but he is somebody else's husband and you were smart to not turn into a home wrecker, so I guarantee you'll get over him, and you might even forget about him, and you'll go onto someone else.

Hang in there, you'll be alright!

Upvote 0

AlbertanFarmGirl

Jun 25, 2008
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This will likely sound silly, I'm only 18, but last year we had someone helping here on the farm who I had feelings for. The reason was likely that I was simply lonely (I do not really have any friends around here and do not leave the farm much) and he was my age. In reality I think that God just knew that I needed a friend for a couple of weeks. He lives across the ocean and I will never see him again and even though he promised to e-mail people never do. I was very sad and the pain was there for a very long time. I could not stop crying for days and for months after he left I would just start crying whenever anything reminded me of him.

It is hard to see or accept at the time, but the pain gradually subsides and eventually you just wake up one morning and it is gone. All I can say is the obvious, pray. Besides that allow yourself to cry it out and try to remind yourself that they are simply emotions and emotions are not logical. There was no hope for a relationship so try not to ponder it and though it asn't easy you just have to let go. It will be hard, I have had to let go of a lot of people for different reasons, but eventually, somehow you get through it.

God be with you and grant you peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First of all...docs [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] me off so bad these days. you are dealing with a LOSS, correct...so you need meds WHY? Deal with this as it is...you put a little too much into this guy and it made his move a devastation...is there a bigger reason why you did this? A lot of times when a person becomes idolized to a bigger than real life version, it is for another reason, not just because he is so good looking or that you are merely lonely...it might be very helpful to talk to a counselor to find if there is a bigger picture that you should be viewing so that this doesn't happen again and cause more pain.

Upvote 0

johnabaptist

Jul 9, 2008
Owensboro, KY
✟15,150.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
May god bless you, and work wonders in your life
If your meds work for you, great!! I wouldn't let anyone tell you not to take them, as only a medical professional can advise of such
I have had many heartbreaks in my life, the most recent is always the most significant
as time goes on, so does life, and my heart has healed
I have issues in my life now that really break my heart, but all I can do is pray, try to be a good person, and look for guidance from above
I've never seen a burning bush, but I certainly have had a gut feeling, and I will take that as god letting me know which way to go

Upvote 0

johnabaptist

Jul 9, 2008
Owensboro, KY
✟15,150.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
May god bless you an guide you through this troubled time
As for meds, follow professional advice, and don't stop and start them on your own, follow the advice of your doctor
As for heartbreak, well, it is the worst pain of all
For me, I've tried filling in holes in my life, with people, places, and things
None of that has worked
Only time, and focusing on my own needs, has helped me to overcome heartbreak
I'll face it again, its part of life
I try to look up to god, and let him guide me in what I need to do
I've never seen a burning bush, but I have had a gut feeling, and that generally is right, as far as what I should do in life

Upvote 0

johnabaptist

Jul 9, 2008
Owensboro, KY
✟15,150.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
May god bless you an guide you through this troubled time
As for meds, follow professional advice, and don't stop and start them on your own, follow the advice of your doctor
As for heartbreak, well, it is the worst pain of all
For me, I've tried filling in holes in my life, with people, places, and things
None of that has worked
Only time, and focusing on my own needs, has helped me to overcome heartbreak
I'll face it again, its part of life
I try to look up to god, and let him guide me in what I need to do
I've never seen a burning bush, but I have had a gut feeling, and that generally is right, as far as what I should do in life

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.