Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi all !
I really want my own place,
I have lived with my parents all my life and it would just be wonderful to just be able to walk out and make no account of where I am going!
But it is getting harder and harder for people to be living alone though,because of the cost of living, People are even splitting mortgages between 4 people, they are getting that desperate its not fair!

Anyone else just want that little place of there own ?

Sleaker

Victory of the People
Sep 9, 2006
Portland, OR
Visit site
✟15,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
mm I don't have a desire to live alone, but I have a desire to get out of my Parents house. still looking for that relationship of course, but that will come in God's time.

I had a room to myself when I was at college for half a year, it was nice, but it was more like living in a house with a bunch of guys and having a room to myself. Honestly, because I know myself well enough I don't think I could live by myself and keep my sanity, I need someone to check in on me and make sure I get out and see people and socialize sometimes.. :)

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi all !
I have lived with my parents all my life and it would just be wonderful to just be able to walk out and make no account of where I am going!
But it is getting harder and harder for people to be living alone though,because of the cost of living, People are even splitting mortgages between 4 people, they are getting that desperate its not fair!

Just a little sharing for you: From where I come from, we don't really shift out of our parent's place to stay unless we are working/studying somewhere real far away (taking two hours of travelling or more) or to get to our work/study place is very expensive whereby staying out is a wiser idea. For my family, for example, it's a disgrace if the child were to live outside of the house just because they want to be out. In my country, people stay in with their parents until they get married or when they buy another house to live in.

However, I prefer to stay out of my parent's place rather than living with my whole family. I prefer to have my own privacy and my own space. There's not much room in my parent's place. Just to make things look good on their side, I've immigrated myself to another place (about 8 hours of driving from my hometown).

Ever since I've started working, all my living expenses comes from my earnings and if I cannot afford to pay, I'll get another job and the list goes on and on. I never ask money from my parents and even if I do, they wouldn't give it to me. That's how I live here....

Living out alone may sounds great and fun and exciting but be prepared to face the challenges that might be coming up.

Upvote 0

EmberFae

Jul 14, 2006
Valinor
✟508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Just a little sharing for you: From where I come from, we don't really shift out of our parent's place to stay unless we are working/studying somewhere real far away (taking two hours of travelling or more) or to get to our work/study place is very expensive whereby staying out is a wiser idea. For my family, for example, it's a disgrace if the child were to live outside of the house just because they want to be out. In my country, people stay in with their parents until they get married or when they buy another house to live in.

However, I prefer to stay out of my parent's place rather than living with my whole family. I prefer to have my own privacy and my own space. There's not much room in my parent's place. Just to make things look good on their side, I've immigrated myself to another place (about 8 hours of driving from my hometown).

Ever since I've started working, all my living expenses comes from my earnings and if I cannot afford to pay, I'll get another job and the list goes on and on. I never ask money from my parents and even if I do, they wouldn't give it to me. That's how I live here....

Living out alone may sounds great and fun and exciting but be prepared to face the challenges that might be coming up.
I would have killed myself by now!
The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of my own space !

Upvote 0

floridasun

Sep 26, 2006
Florida
✟8,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I lived on 2 separate occasions with another roommate...Christian roommates are great and we got along very well...The problem was they decided to get married, which is great and I'm happy for them !! After those 2 separate happenings, I decided to live on my own and have been for over 8 years... I guess I don't want to rely on another roommate for financial responsibilities...It is great living on your own, as long as you can swing it financially...

Lord bless,

...Nestor...

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't move out until I was 24. I had roomates and I hated that. I didn't enjoy living with other girls after college. I firmly believe that females should not live together after a certian age or point in life. I recently bought my own home, which was a tremendous blessing. I love having my own place, but I hate living alone. It's miserable to me. I want to share my life with someone. I really don't want more female roomates. Anyways living all alone is not all that fun. I have never ever ever wanted to live alone, and I don't know how I ended up this way. I get scared by myself alot. And I'm home odd hours so I don't really think it would be fair to get a pet; I can't afford a pet and my morgage anyways. Life's weird. I just hope it changes someday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

+RubiesFire+

Senior Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
✟18,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm 24 and still living at home, due to finacial reasons not on me though.

I want to move out so badly, but I'm working on it!

Somehow everytime I got the chance to move out, and before I'd make the move, I get sucked back in by either a family emergency.

So I working on a new goal-get out when I'm 25, hopefully the Lord will bless me with it.

I'm not keen on having roommates-it's not my cup of tea.

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all !

I've been there. Living at home was hellish for me. There were so many bad things about it, it was nothing of what a home should really be. Sure I had a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head but that was about it. I also had to stay at home because of financial reasons, while i saved up money during and after highschool for a year and worked my way through college with no outside support. I came so close to moving out many times but simply couldnt afford it. When I finally did move it was not under the best circumstances but things got so bad and emotionally unhealthy that I had to throw some things in a bag and go out the door in the middle of the turmoil. I moved in with a young christian couple who I had become super close friends with; who just happened to live 2 blocks away.

All I ever dreamed of was having a place of my own. After living with those friends and with a roommate, and also staying on a few floors and couches, I finally got that dream and God gave me the most amazing place of my own in a wonderful area at a price that was a steal, it was seriously a dream place and my landlords were awesome. I lived there for about a year and a half. But have since felt called to move and no longer desired to live alone. After moving in with this pshycotic older lady and her psychotic cat which actually attacked me repetitively and tore pieces of my flesh and skin off my legs, and the lady would go crazy on me and try to get me to give her money I didnt owe and would lock me out of the house. . . .(ok that was a nightmare, understatment in even saying that) By God's amazing grace, I now live with awesome christian roommates who I get along great with, a pastor and his wife and tow adorable kids, and another guy going to bible school to become a pastor. I love having people around and do not ever desire to live on my own again as I know I'd be sooo lonely. But I am glad that I had the experience I did. It was good for me and I do reccomend it to everyone to try as you learn alot about yourself and about God.

I hope that dream does come true for you. There will possibly be some transitioning in between the place that is just right for you. But I totally understand your desire and trust that in God's timing which can seem to take FOREVER sometimes, that he is preparing you for that season in your life and for the right place to live, people to live with, etc.

God bless and hang in there. :hug:

B4A

Upvote 0

Taylor43

Jesus loves everyone!
Feb 26, 2006
Alberta
✟67,737.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I still live at home i do not intend to move out in anytime soon. I feel i am indpendant i do help pay for the food and the bills. I even will go grocrey shopping on my own and stock up for me and Grandpa. Me living here it is like Grandpa and me have become like good friends. I wish all young adults felt the same way, but it is not that way. It does cost allot to live on your own bills, food, and others it is not cheap. I am afraid it's not going to get cheaper but allot more because of taxes are increasing.
Love
Taylor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Definitely. I'm disabled, though, and won't happen for me. A guy can dream though, right?

Even disabled people get married and move out. It depends on the disability, I think. I know someone with severe cerebral palsy that lives on his own and has a steady girlfriend of two years.

And besides that, God could heal you tomorrow... we just never know. :)

Love!

Edit!: I just read your profile. Thought it was quite cool that you have cerebral palsy after I talked about my friend that has it. :) There IS HOPE, and His name is Jesus! :D

LOVE!

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Everyone needs their own space and privacy. Some people can get that while living with their parents. Others need to move out. I moved out and I am thankful I did.

Can't afford my own place, but sharing with other Christian women has been fine. I urge you to keep praying about it. God can bring you to amazing housing situations. You may think you want one thing, but God will give you something different and better!

Once when I was forced to move out of a place, people asked me if I'd move back to live with my parents. I'm still incredulous that anyone would've asked me that, as though I don't need my own space ... and life. I am NOT dissing anyone who does live happily with their parents or grandparents. It's just that, for me, I've become a much happier person after moving out. I wouldn't go back to the person that I was for the world.

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once when I was forced to move out of a place, people asked me if I'd move back to live with my parents. I'm still incredulous that anyone would've asked me that, as though I don't need my own space ... and life. I am NOT dissing anyone who does live happily with their parents or grandparents. It's just that, for me, I've become a much happier person after moving out. I wouldn't go back to the person that I was for the world.

A few people asked me that also, thinking I'd be better off financially or wouldnt have to work as hard or it would b easier or something....but these were people, 2 different men in my life who were supposed to know and understand how bad it had been at home and just why I needed to be on my own.....how they could even suggest such a thing is beyond me. Oh well, neither of them are in my life anymore.

I have become sooooo much happier and healthier and better since moving out also. I also wouldnt go back for anything. Though my mom had tried to get me to move back many times too but I knew that wasn't right and wouldnt be good. I know what you are saying. And no, this isn't to dis those who do have a a good life at home and like to live at home.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You betcha I'd like to be out on my own. Not literally by myself, but definitely under my own roof. There's this cute little box house a few minutes away from here that's apparantly abandoned. It needs quite a bit of work, a true fixer-upper, but dang that'd be so fun to do. A remodeling. My mom was like, "Me and dad should buy that house and rent it out to you, huh?" I was like YEAH!! She's such a tease, so I don't think she was that serious. However, I rather like that idea.

But alas, it's quite expensive out there. Quite expensive indeed. :sigh:

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

But alas, it's quite expensive out there. Quite expensive indeed. :sigh:

Yup, sure is. According to one Christian financial web site, people living without a roommate should expect to spend 38 percent of their budget on housing. Those with a roommate spend about 22 percent.

Also, I was looking for a place to rent by myself, and the online ratings on various apartment complexes were getting depressing (too noisy, bad managers, things falling apart, etc.).

Upvote 0