• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

can yoy calm me down?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God due to ocd ocd was giving me 2 compulsions ocd compulsion 1: do not call a specific person ocd compulsion 2: call her and tell her somethibg. i did not know what to do. ocd tells me something like ocd: better do the first comupuksuon because it is less worryibg for your ocd. all these were random thoughts without ny will. later, i accidentally called her and ocd was like ocd: what have yoy dine? you may have broke a promise to the Generic God because you may have made a choice without your will about which compulsion to do.

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you, as you're clearly distressed. I appreciate that English is probably not your first language, however I cannot give you any advice based upon what you have written above, as I don't fully understand your predicament.

Psalm 46:10 - 'Be still and know that I am God' is the Biblical passage that springs to mind. If I were you I would sit still and quiet, take slow, deep breaths and try to understand that God loves you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you may have broke a promise to the Generic God because you may have made a choice without your will about which compulsion to do.
God, of course, is not generic.

Jesus is personal, and caring about us. Jesus suffered and died for our sins, so we can be personally sharing with God.

So, if you let ocd stuff have you seeing God as theoretical and distant and only judging you and keeping a record on you, the ocd is not being honest with you. Don't trust it, then!!

But yes God does want us to do His will. But not only like He is distant and impersonal with us. Doing His will is not only about what choices we make on our own, but God wants to share with us in everything :)

Upvote 0