✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually they are,

Since there was only one conditional covenant, there was only one covenant which could be done away with, and that covenant as paul said was a covenant which was given as a achoolmaster as a hope to lead to christ, ut people, decided that was hiw God wanted to save people, so they determined to obay that law as a means to be enter heaven. The law, or mosaic covenant is the ONLY OT covenant the NT said was done away with, because it was weak, as it could not save anyone,

The NT is the mosaic or old covenant fulfilled, as it did what the old could not do,

The abrahamic covenant is being fulfilled today, in christ all the nations are being blessed, in the future, it will see its climax, when christ rules the world and there is world peace. The davidic covenant will be fulfilled when christ ascends to davids throne in jerusalem as KING messiah.

Niether of those covenants were salvic in nature, so the New covenant has no bearing on those, plus as scripture said, those are eternal covenants, given to the world,

Again, believe what you want, but what you say makes no sense

You still seem unable or unwilling to understand the meaning and mechanism of wills and testaments.

You still seem unable or unwilling to allow God to update His Own Will and Testament.

You still seem unable or unwilling to recognize that the beneficiaries in God's New Will and Testament are His Son Christ, and those who are in Christ; and no one else.

Until you do, God's New Will and Testament will be a continuing enigma.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟441,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Abrahamic Land Promise was conditional.
Genesis 17:
8“I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

9God said further to Abraham, “Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. 10“This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. .....14“But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”

Acts 3: 22“Moses said, ‘THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you. 23‘And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

My question is: What inheritance can those who are no longer the people of God pass on?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 17:
8“I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

9God said further to Abraham, “Now as for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations. 10“This is My covenant, which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: every male among you shall be circumcised. .....14“But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”

Acts 3: 22“Moses said, ‘THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you. 23‘And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

My question is: What inheritance can those who are no longer the people of God pass on?
This depends on how you now define exactly who "the people of God" actually are.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟441,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This depends on how you now define exactly who "the people of God" actually are.
Gal 6: 14But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.16And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Gal 6: 14But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.16And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
Yep. No doubt about that. So, if a person rejects the Prophet whom Moses talks about, who is actually Jesus, then they are destroyed from among the people of God, who are the host of born again believers.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You still seem unable or unwilling to understand the meaning and mechanism of wills and testaments.

You still seem unable or unwilling to allow God to update His Own Will and Testament.

You still seem unable or unwilling to recognize that the beneficiaries in God's New Will and Testament are His Son Christ, and those who are in Christ; and no one else.

Until you do, God's New Will and Testament will be a continuing enigma.
You seem unwilling to be able to discuss rationally, all you do is is declair your way is correct, and everyone elses is in error, and as a last resort, you make strawman arguments such as this to support your cause.

While you may think you know covenants, you seem to be lacking in understanding different types of covenants, even though a few have tried to show you.

Instead of blowing people off, why dont you study up some historical context. Look up the difference between a conditional covenant and a non conditional covenant, and the ramifications of each. Open your mind, i did about 20 years ago, and it was amazing how refreshing it was to be free of religious thinking and denominational bickering, and thinking i knew wverything and everyone else was ignorant.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 17:

If you look, for the CHILDREN the covenant was unconditional, God said I Give, I Do, And the length of this covenant is FOREVER.

Induviduals however, could be cut off, but nationally, it was still binding. Mosaic law gave even more conditions, if you read lev 26, if the nation disobeyed it would be punished, in steps, each step 7 times greater. The final step total destruction of the city and sanctuary, and total removal of the people from the land, all while her enemy will partake of the land, yet if she repents, even after this, God will remember his covenant with the fathers, he will remember the land, and he will keep his promise.

Twice in her history, this final form occured, once with babylon, although she still was allowed to live in her land, and once in 70 ad, where she was completely removed from her land.

The first one was prophesied by the prophet jeremiah, it was the context for daniels prayer in chapter 9 of his book,

The second was also prophesied by many prophets, yet in these prophesies, there was always a prophsy of hope, that even while in her enemies lands, god will not forget her, he will not let her die, he will keep a remnant, and one day, she will repent, and because of her repentance, god will restor her to her land, he will make the dry bones live, he will take the northers and southern kingdomes (Israel and Judah) and make them one again, he will be their God and she will be his people, and all the world will know he is God, and they too will be blessed and honor and serve the chosen messiah.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It depends on context, his true children have always been those who have recieved him in faithm from adam until today

Yet God chose a certain people decended from abraham, for specific purpose, and he gave them some land, to accomplish that purpose, and to have as an eternal inheritance

All of th first group are saved, there is no guarantee all of the second group is saved. But god promised there would always be a remnent, even in unbelief, he would never forget her or his promise to her fathers

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To claim that the unconditional promises made in the Old Testament have been annulled, is to claim that God is a liar. For at the time God made these promises, He already knew what He would do in the future.

Some of the promises in the Old Testament were conditional. And as the conditions contained in them were not kept, the promises lapsed. But many of these promises were unconditional, and if they have been set aside, then God lied when He made them.

Thus we see that is is serious heretical doctrine to claim that the unconditional promises God made in the Old Testament have been set aside. For that claim makes God out to be a liar.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To claim that the unconditional promises made in the Old Testament have been annulled, is to claim that God is a liar. For at the time God made these promises, He already knew what He would do in the future.

Some of the promises in the Old Testament were conditional. And as the conditions contained in them were not kept, the promises lapsed. But many of these promises were unconditional, and if they have been set aside, then God lied when He made them.

Thus we see that is is serious heretical doctrine to claim that the unconditional promises God made in the Old Testament have been set aside. For that claim makes God out to be a liar.
if God will not keep his OT promises he said were eternal. why should we have any faith he will keep his NT promises he says are eternal?

We could not, and be honest with ourselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Biblewriter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if God will not keep his OT promises he said were eternal. why should we have any faith he will keep his NT promises he says are eternal?

We could not, and be honest with ourselves.

Why do you refuse to allow God to update His Own Will and Testament?

Revelation 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And He does, whether or not you allow Him to.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Dude stop with your silly attacks and strawman.

Nohing i have said does what you just judged me for.

Keep his crap up and i will report you, if you want to have a discussion, discuss. Keep this crap up, its over

God replaced the mosaic covenant, so i do not refuse to allow god to do anything. Period!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dude stop with your silly attacks and strawman.

Nohing i have said does what you just judged me for.

Keep his crap up and i will report you, if you want to have a discussion, discuss. Keep this crap up, its over

God replaced the mosaic covenant, so i do not refuse to allow god to do anything. Period!
I should have depersonalized.

There are those who refuse to allow God to update His Own Will and Testament.

But He does, whether or not they allow Him to.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem unwilling to be able to discuss rationally, all you do is is declair your way is correct, and everyone elses is in error, and as a last resort, you make strawman arguments such as this to support your cause.

While you may think you know covenants, you seem to be lacking in understanding different types of covenants, even though a few have tried to show you.

Instead of blowing people off, why dont you study up some historical context. Look up the difference between a conditional covenant and a non conditional covenant, and the ramifications of each. Open your mind, i did about 20 years ago, and it was amazing how refreshing it was to be free of religious thinking and denominational bickering, and thinking i knew wverything and everyone else was ignorant.

I've supported everything with New Testament Scripture.

Some of us haven't.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I should have depersonalized.

There are those who refuse to allow God to update His Own Will and Testament.

But He does, whether or not they allow Him to.
Well i have not,

When you learn the differences between covenants, you will find that out also

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

if God made unconditional promises, (and He did) and at the time He made them, He, being all knowing, knew that He would not keep these promises, then He lied when He made them. So you are making God out to be a liar. So when you say this, you are calling God a liar.

There is absolutely no escape from this necessary conclusion.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if God made unconditional promises, (and He did) and at the time He made them, He, being all knowing, knew that He would not keep these promises, then He lied when He made them. So you are making God out to be a liar. So when you say this, you are calling God a liar.

There is absolutely no escape from this necessary conclusion.
The only ones making God out to be a liar are those who deny that He has the right, privilege, and prerogative to update His Own Will and Testament in any way that He chooses.

And He has, with a better covenant containing better promises, making all things new. (Hebrews 8:6, Revelation 21:5).

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟441,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look, for the CHILDREN the covenant was unconditional, God said I Give, I Do, And the length of this covenant is FOREVER.

Induviduals however, could be cut off, but nationally, it was still binding. Mosaic law gave even more conditions, if you read lev 26, if the nation disobeyed it would be punished, in steps, each step 7 times greater. The final step total destruction of the city and sanctuary, and total removal of the people from the land, all while her enemy will partake of the land, yet if she repents, even after this, God will remember his covenant with the fathers, he will remember the land, and he will keep his promise.

Twice in her history, this final form occured, once with babylon, although she still was allowed to live in her land, and once in 70 ad, where she was completely removed from her land.

The first one was prophesied by the prophet jeremiah, it was the context for daniels prayer in chapter 9 of his book,

The second was also prophesied by many prophets, yet in these prophesies, there was always a prophsy of hope, that even while in her enemies lands, god will not forget her, he will not let her die, he will keep a remnant, and one day, she will repent, and because of her repentance, god will restor her to her land, he will make the dry bones live, he will take the northers and southern kingdomes (Israel and Judah) and make them one again, he will be their God and she will be his people, and all the world will know he is God, and they too will be blessed and honor and serve the chosen messiah.
The question is, who would inherit the land(earth)?
Psalm 37:
9For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

10Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.

11But the humble(meek) will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
Matt 5:5 "Blessed are the gentle(meek), for they shall inherit the earth(land).

Do you believe the Son is heir of all things except the land?
Hebrews 1: 1God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Gal 3:16 Now the promises(plural) were spoken to Abraham and to his seed(singular). He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

2 Cor 1:20 For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.

Does the new testament say anything about going back to the Law and the Prophets and the kingdom of Israel?
Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

Weren't Judah and Israel restored together in Christ?
Jesus, from the tribe of Judah, "came not but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". At Pentecost, there were Jews gathered from every nation under heaven. Paul was an Israelite.

Acts 26:6“And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers; 7the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews. 8“Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?
James 1:1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question is, who would inherit the land(earth)?
Psalm 37:
9For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

10Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.

11But the humble(meek) will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
Matt 5:5 "Blessed are the gentle(meek), for they shall inherit the earth(land).

Do you believe the Son is heir of all things except the land?
Hebrews 1: 1God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Gal 3:16 Now the promises(plural) were spoken to Abraham and to his seed(singular). He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

2 Cor 1:20 For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.

Does the new testament say anything about going back to the Law and the Prophets and the kingdom of Israel?
Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

Weren't Judah and Israel restored together in Christ?
Jesus, from the tribe of Judah, "came not but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". At Pentecost, there were Jews gathered from every nation under heaven. Paul was an Israelite.

Acts 26:6“And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers; 7the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews. 8“Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?
James 1:1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
The earth and a particular plot of land are not the same

Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth

God said I give you this land as an eternal inheritence to you and your generations after you.

One is given to the meek, (conditional)

One is given as a gift (unconditional - I Give to you!)the only prerequisite is to be a physical descendent of abraham, Issac and Jacob..

Are we under law (conditional)

or Did we recieve a grace gift (unconditional - i give you eternal life). The prerequisites were paid in the cross, through faith we recieve it.

As you see, if god does not keep his grace gift to Israel, nothing will stop him from not keeping his grace gift to us, thus what reason do we have to continue in faith.

John said the power that keeps us in faith, is the knowledge we have eternal life, the power that will bring Israel to repentence is not only christ and eternal life, but that he will keep his promise made to the fathers concerning their physical grace gift

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The only ones making God out to be a liar are those who deny that He has the right, privilege, and prerogative to update His Own Will and Testament in any way that He chooses.

And He has, with a better covenant containing better promises, making all things new. (Hebrews 8:6, Revelation 21:5).
If I say “I will do such-and-such,” when I knew I would not do that, I lied. There is no escape from the hard fact that you are accusing God of lying.

Upvote 0