Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator... Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor." Galatians 3:24-25

When attempting to ascertain the meaning of a verse or group of verses it is essential that we examine the context of the whole - the big picture as it were.

Who is "us" in Galatians 3:24-25?

St Paul is the author of the book of Galatians. His epistle was written to a newly established group of believers in the Roman province of Galatia in Southern Anatolia. The primary issue addressed by Paul's letter was the controversy of the application of Mosaic Law to new gentile believers, specifically the act of circumcision.

a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person's praise is not from other people, but from God. - Romans 2:29

In his letter to the Galatians, Paul utilizes comparative and repetitive methods to teach a single point - the method of justification before God as prescribed by the Law.

Paul's purpose is to show how [Mosaic Law] and [faith through grace] work together unto salvation. In Galatians, Paul writes in the same poetic-prose form as that which may be seen in the Old Covenant (Law Prophets & Writings). Since Paul was a Jewish scholar, he continued to use the methodology of Jewish scholars and scripture to teach new believers in Christ. If something works, use it.

In the third chapter we see three divisions of the text which serve to illustrate Paul's main argument three different ways.

1. The first section verses 1-14 is a comparison of [faith vs. works].
2. In the second method, verses 15-22, Paul repeats his attempt to teach the same idea by approaching the subject from the point of view of [Law vs. Promise].
3. Verses 23-29 are the final method which reiterate Paul's assertion a third way, by [reviewing Jewish history vs. Gentile conversion].

Again, Paul's method is to teach a spiritual principle by demonstrating opposites.

Bear in mind the Law is NOT abolished. Neither does the Law oppose God's promise of salvation by faith through grace (vs. 21). The Law, as a form of righteousness, was temporary (vs. 23 &24) until Christ came to fulfill the requirement of the Law.

What was the form of righteousness required by the Law that only Christ could fulfill?

Both gentile and Jew are now justified through Jesus' fulfillment of the Law and not our own works of the Law. Jesus fulfilled the Law. We can not. Thus the Law still stands. Those that do not obey the Law, fulfilled as it is in Christ Jesus, will die according to the requirements of the Law. The Law still stands.

Stated another way, because Jesus provided the ultimate and permanent sacrifice for sin we (Jew & gentile) are now justified IN HIM. Jews are no longer justified, even temporarily, by any act of Law. Jews as well as gentiles are justified by substitution in Christ's death - justified by faith according to the Law.

What then is the purpose of the Law today? It is the same as it was when given. It convicts of sin. It points us to a need for justification in Christ. It shows how Jesus fulfilled the demands of the Law in its requirement of a death as payment for sin. Being justified and forgiven we (Jew & Gentile) are now sanctified by obedience to the Law so as to live justly before God.

- The Law points to the need for salvation - by conviction.
- The Law demands a penalty be paid for sin.
- Jesus pays the penalty for sin according to the Law, thus FULFILLING the Law.
- Those who abide BY THE LAWful provision for salvation and who accept Christ are thus justified by that same Law.
- Those who are justified by the Law are then enabled by the Holy Spirit to live by the Law and are thus sanctified unto God according to the Law.

For all those Jews who thought being Jewish was sufficient to be justified before God, St. Paul says that justification is and always has been by faith. Paul cites Abraham's faith as an example.(vs 29) Being a Jew and an observer of the Law will not save.

For all those gentiles who think joining a church and participating in its programs is sufficient to be justified before God, St. Paul says the same thing. It's a work of the flesh and has no currency in the Bank of Heaven. Church membership does not save. Calling upon the name of God and performing work in His name is not sufficient to save. (Matthew 7:23)

Only faith in the redeeming work of Jesus Christ upon the cross will save. Outward religious acts are bogus. They always have been and always will be.

In summation, St. Paul's epistle points to the spiritual principle of substitution in that Christ died upon the cross for us. Those who are justified by Christ's fulfillment of the Law are called to sanctification according to the Law. We are saved for good works of the Law not by them.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Again the word of the Lord came to me: 17 ‘Son of man, when the people of Israel were living in their own land, they defiled it by their conduct and their actions. Their conduct was like a woman’s monthly uncleanness in my sight. 18 So I poured out my wrath on them because they had shed blood in the land and because they had defiled it with their idols. 19 I dispersed them among the nations, and they were scattered through the countries; I judged them according to their conduct and their actions. 20 And wherever they went among the nations they profaned my holy name, for it was said of them, “These are the Lord’s people, and yet they had to leave his land.” 21 I had concern for my holy name, which the people of Israel profaned among the nations where they had gone.

22 ‘Therefore say to the Israelites, “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: it is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.

24 ‘“For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Ezekiel36:16-27

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Again the word of the Lord came to me: 17 ‘Son of man, when the people of Israel were living in their own land, they defiled it by their conduct and their actions. Their conduct was like a woman’s monthly uncleanness in my sight. 18 So I poured out my wrath on them because they had shed blood in the land and because they had defiled it with their idols. 19 I dispersed them among the nations, and they were scattered through the countries; I judged them according to their conduct and their actions. 20 And wherever they went among the nations they profaned my holy name, for it was said of them, “These are the Lord’s people, and yet they had to leave his land.” 21 I had concern for my holy name, which the people of Israel profaned among the nations where they had gone.

22 ‘Therefore say to the Israelites, “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: it is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.

24 ‘“For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Ezekiel36:16-27
Continue this with the following:

1 "And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! 2 Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,' " ' 3 therefore prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people"-- 4 therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around-- 5 therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country." ' 6 Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8 "But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9 For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. 12 Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children." Ezekiel 36:1-12

This unique prophecy, which is addressed to a piece of real estate, explicitly says that "the mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, and the valleys" will again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it."

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

1 "And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! 2 Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,' " ' 3 therefore prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people"-- 4 therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around-- 5 therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country." ' 6 Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8 "But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9 For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. 12 Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children." Ezekiel 36:1-12

This unique prophecy, which is addressed to a piece of real estate, explicitly says that "the mountains of Israel," along with "the hills, the rivers, and the valleys" will again be inhabited by "all the house of Israel, all of it."
Yes, very true. It really is nonsense to say once the new covenant came into operation OT prophecies concerning the nation of Israel were negated. Many of those prophecies concerned the time the new covenant was in operation. Ezekiel36:26&27 refers to the new covenant, and the preceeding verses can refer to no one but the nation of Israel.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, very true. It really is nonsense to say once the new covenant came into operation OT prophecies concerning the nation of Israel were negated. Many of those prophecies concerned the time the new covenant was in operation. Ezekiel36:26&27 refers to the new covenant, and the preceeding verses can refer to no one but the nation of Israel.
It is really very simple. God said it would happen. Therefore one of two things is correct. Either, it will happen. Or, God lied.

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

The Holy Qur'an also states that God (Allah) gave the land, the geographic real estate, to the Jews. Here are a few verses to prove it.

God gives Palestine to Jews———————

And We made the people who were deemed weak to inherit the eastern lands and the western ones which We had blessed; and the good word of your Lord was fulfilled in the children of Israel because they bore up (sufferings) patiently; and We utterly destroyed what Firon (pharaoh) and his people had wrought and what they built.
- Qur’an 7.137

And when Musa (Moses) said to his people: O my people! remember the favor of Allah upon you when He raised prophets among you and made you kings and gave you what He had not given to any other among the nations. O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.
- Our’an 5.20-21

And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.
- Qur’an 17.104

And surely they purposed to unsettle you from the land that they might expel you from it, and in that case they will not tarry behind you but a little.
- Qur’an 17.76 (prophecy of attempts to remove Jews from Palestine)

Unfortunately we clearly see that Muslims today do not respect the words of their own holy book, which they claim is inspired of God.

Until recent retirement, I worked for a local college and enjoyed visiting the coffee shop for a brew and conversation. One day I encountered four Muslim students sitting at a table. At the time I'd been reading the Qur'an cover to cover and was near the end. I had a question to ask of them about a passage in the Qur'an, but already had looked up the answer just to see if they knew it also.(*)

They asked several questions such as what language translation I was reading and what Surah (chapter) I was looking at. After several minutes all four said, "you shouldn't read that book. It's too confusing."

True story.

Apparently Muslims do not read their own book and do not respect the words in it.

Shocking.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
(*) The question:
The Qur'an says that when the Apostle of Allah speaks one should do what he says. Who is the Apostle of Allah? Is it Mohammad [pbuh] or is it another person anointed to preach Islam and establish Mosques?

The answer:
The Muslim students didn't know the answer to the question. The correct answer is Mohammad [pbuh]. The Prophet wears many hats, so to speak, and is the Apostle of Allah as well as Prophet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Dr. Renald Showers is a promoter of John Nelson Darby's Two Peoples of God doctrine, brought to America about the time of the Civil War.

Replacement Theology:

The true form of "Replacement Theology" replaces the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

It replaces the children of the promise, with the children of the flesh in Romans 9:8.

It replaces the word "so", which is an adverb of manner, with the word "then", which is an adverb of timing in Romans 11:26.

It replaces a Church which began on the Day of Pentecost with about 3,000 Israelites and later included Gentiles, with a Church made up only of Gentiles.

It replaces the "son" as the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone".

It replaces a Gospel only of Grace, with one that includes race.

It ignores the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

It replaces the New Covenant of Christ, with a "treaty" broken by an antichrist not found in the chapter, by adding a "gap" of time not mentioned by the angel Gabriel, in Daniel 9:27.

It is the Two Peoples of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology, which is the true form of "Replacement Theology"."

Matt.16:28 fulfilled in 70 A.D. & the second coming?

=========================================

"The old covenant carcass that Bro. Showers constantly attempts to exhume has been dead, decayed, and vanished for about 2,000 years (Hebrews 8:13).

In God's New Will and Testament, all promises are fulfilled in Christ and those who are in Christ.

The OT promises are the promissory clauses of God's Old Will and Testament, and they are both revoked and fulfilled in the promissory clauses of His New Will and Testament, written in the Blood of His Son Jesus Christ, the Divine Testator, coming into full force and effect upon His death.

If you have made your own Will and Testament, you will see that the very first clause states the following or its equivalent:

"I HEREBY REVOKE all former Wills and other testamentary dispositions by me at any time therefore made and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament."

This means that all former wills and testaments, and all of their promissory clauses in their entirety, are completely null and void. In their place, the promissory clauses of the current last new will and testament are the only ones in force and effect. Any promissory clause which appeared in the old will and testament, but does not appear in the new will and testament, is irrevocably null and void unless yet another new will and testament is made which re-includes it.

Thus we see:

Hebrews 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 10
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 8
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God`s New Will and Testament is everlasting:

Hebrews 13
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

There is none greater.

We see other new promissory clauses of the New Will and Testament in:

Matthew 21:33-45
In this parable, the son, who is identified as the heir, typifies Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1:1,2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In them, we see that the Heir and Beneficiary is Christ alone, that all of the promises are affirmed and confirmed in Him, and that He is Heir of all things. All includes the OT land promises, the restoration promises, the blessings promises, and all else. There are noexceptions.

And His New Will and Testament contains even better promises:

Hebrews 8
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Such as:

Hebrews 11
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Additional promissory clauses in...:

Romans 8:16-17
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

...make us who are in Christ joint heirs with Him.

But notice:
There are no promissory clauses for anyone, Jew or Gentile, who is not in Christ."

=========================================

"Of course The Church Is Israel.
It was (and still is) the Nazarene sect of Judaism, the faithful remnant who followed Israel's Messiah. The "church" is not something separate from Israel, but rather is the remnant of the faithful within Israel.

Isaiah pointed out that in times of Israel's great apostasies, the faithful of the nation were reduced to a tiny remnant of elect ones (Isaiah 1:8-9). So it was in the first century, where Paul identifies himself as an example of the faithful remnant (Romans 11:1-5).

The apostles continually say that the members of the Nazarene sect are the true elect ones (2 Tim 2:10; Col 3:12; Galatians 6:15-16; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Peter 2:9-10 ).

However, many here have a bizarre idea of who is Israel (they count the disobedient sons of Abraham as Israel while discounting entirely the faithful sons of Abraham).

St. Paul said that when the nation was in mass apostasy, the TRUE Israel was carried on not through the lineages of the wicked sons but rather through the OBEDIENT FEW (called the "remnant"), such as was true in Isaiah's day (Romans 9:27-29) and Elijah's day (Romans 11:3-5).

Peter says the same thing at Acts 3:22-24, where it is clear that the wicked jews who refuse Christ were to be "cut off from among the People of Israel" while the faithful jews (John the Baptist, Joseph and Mary, the Twelve, the Seventy, the three thousand on Pentecost day, and many other jews) were the True Faithful Israel.

Just as the jewish church abode with Moses in the wilderness (Acts 7:37-38), so Jesus had HIS jewish church (Mt. 16:18-19). And within a few years after Pentecost, the faithful Israel learned how to start accepting both jewish and also gentile followers from all over the empire to convert into their Nation (1 Peter 2:9-10; Mt 21:40-45). And so the tiny remnant True Israel grew into a worldwide Judaism living under the promised NEW covenant of Israel's Messiah.

And so it was also in Moses' day, when the countless thousands of wicked sons of Abraham were slain in the wilderness while the faithful sons of Abraham survived and "Israel" got to enter the Promised Land. We must NEVER count the continuation of Israel through the wicked sons but rather always through the faithful remnant!

The Church is the faithful ones of Israel.

"Replacing" the everlasting Gospel and eternal Church of Israel with a future temple Judaism, complete with blood animal sacrifices and forced circumcision is the TRUE replacement theology of BACKWARD REDEMPTION.

A concept that, according to the apostles, is a rebuke against the Blood of Christ, a falling away from salvation."

The more relevant question concerning a line in scripture was always dependent on bondage or freedom, 2 Corinthians 3:6 is that demarcation between the earthly off spring born in bondage verses the heavenly off spring of freedom, that ancient allegorical dualism was explained in Galatians 4:20-31, reaching back into the OT dark sayings to show their original intent was to be spiritually discerned to light the way, not literalism's untenable dogmas. The historical was and is a veil that has created the doctrinal mazes of separation, its fruit is condemnation resulting in generational servitude in bondage to traditions of men who have built ecclesiastical towers of Babe keeping the mind stuck in knowing Christ after the flesh Hebrews 6:1-5 instead of the divine seed in flesh till it is aroused Ephesians 5:14, Colossians 1:27, Luke 17:21..........
The Jew and Gentile, male or female, don't exist in Christ so the futurist and historical view are siblings of vanity.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The more relevant question concerning a line in scripture was always dependent on bondage or freedom, 2 Corinthians 3:6 is that demarcation between the earthly off spring born in bondage verses the heavenly off spring of freedom, that ancient allegorical dualism was explained in Galatians 4:20-31, reaching back into the OT dark sayings to show their original intent was to be spiritually discerned to light the way, not literalism's untenable dogmas. The historical was and is a veil that has created the doctrinal mazes of separation, its fruit is condemnation resulting in generational servitude in bondage to traditions of men who have built ecclesiastical towers of Babe keeping the mind stuck in knowing Christ after the flesh Hebrews 6:1-5 instead of the divine seed in flesh till it is aroused Ephesians 5:14, Colossians 1:27, Luke 17:21..........
The Jew and Gentile, male or female, don't exist in Christ so the futurist and historical view are siblings of vanity.
When you deny that God will actually keep the promises He made to the nation of Israel, to the sub-nations of Judah and Ephraim, to the twelve tribes of Israel by name, to the land of Israel, to the city of Jerusalem, as well as to the descendants of several specifically named individuals, you are calling God a liar.

Upvote 0

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's your opinion based on a mixture of dividing the literal interpretation, which is elementary teaching like a belief in Santa clause is a temporary belief based on symbolic appearance , which is a allegory for rewards for good behavior, sowing and reaping etc......I read scripture in like manner as stories told with fictional characters with some historical inferences like any typology its uses familiar allegorical references.

I'm not calling the God of the elementary level of interpretation a liar just a temporal level to leave behind, Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more, Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.

You either know Christ is within you! Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. or you are looking for a Christ, and kingdom that after eons just came into the world two thousand or so years ago, offered it then rescinded the offer until some futuristic appointment, when its always at hand, And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Either you rightly divide by spirituality applying scripture to your consciousness awareness or to the reflective world that can't inherit the kingdom of God who is Spirit, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by ( riddles, parables, dark sayings) the prophets, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That's your opinion based on a mixture of dividing the literal interpretation, which is elementary teaching like a belief in Santa clause is a temporary belief based on symbolic appearance , which is a allegory for rewards for good behavior, sowing and reaping etc......I read scripture in like manner as stories told with fictional characters with some historical inferences like any typology its uses familiar allegorical references.

I'm not calling the God of the elementary level of interpretation a liar just a temporal level to leave behind, Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more, Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.

You either know Christ is within you! Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. or you are looking for a Christ, and kingdom that after eons just came into the world two thousand or so years ago, offered it then rescinded the offer until some futuristic appointment, when its always at hand, And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Either you rightly divide by spirituality applying scripture to your consciousness awareness or to the reflective world that can't inherit the kingdom of God who is Spirit, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by ( riddles, parables, dark sayings) the prophets, Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
The Bible does not tell of fictional characters. Every word of God is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berl

Jan 22, 2018
Missoula
✟5,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not tell of fictional characters. Every word of God is true.

Sure it does, it's plagiarized from ancient stories from the past, a new age religion symbolized by a fish rehashed old teachings put new costumes on them and claimed them for it's own just like prior civilizations done before.

Its silly to divide an esoteric allegory about mans dual natures as a past reality where that daul nature was portrayed by separate characters in two physical bodies, its behavioral traits in one body, For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: (not historical but an ongoing fact in everyone) for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all., your missing the point of the Christ narrative and kingdom taking place in your world, you can stay in servitude and play a character in the dead letter riddles where God is outside you our wake up to who you are.

Galatians 3-1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among (IN) you? 2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among (IN) you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? There's the divide in scripture flesh mentality (outside)verses spiritual mentality (inside) not some Jew or gentile of the dead letter waiting for some futuristic dreamland when the kingdom is closer than hands or feet: same divide Paul mentions in 2 Corinthians 3:6-for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Only one kingdom, One Spirit in all, your belief in two powers is dreamland,
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. You ignore that so Who is calling the Spirit a liar ?
Ephesians 5:14-Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. About Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Upvote 0