Can you only be saved in the right denomination?

Can you only be saved if you are in specific denomination?

• Yes, you have to believe in a specific denomination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, anyone who believes in Christ can be saved

Votes: 51 100.0%
  • Only those who are in the original Church of Christ can be saved

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Listen, no one is SAVED until they get to heaven. The Bible says
Actually, Scripture speaks of salvation in THREE verb tenses: past (I have been saved), present (I am saved) and future (I have hope of being saved).

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I already demonstrated that he was speaking about the washing of hands. You countered, by saying that Mark doesn't have that in it, so unclean food must be clean. To which I countered, and said that if the Messiah taught that all food is clean, then Peter wouldn't have refused to eat the unclean animals in the vision.

But he did refuse, which means that the Messiah did not teach that all food is clean. Because as I pointed out, He was talking about the washing of hands.

Peter, after thinking on the vision, realized it wasn't about meat, but about men. We know this because Peter interpreted the vision, and told us what it meant. He said the vision was referring to men, not animals. Your statement that it's literal meat is entirely unsupported.

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any ***man*** common or unclean.
Sorry, I'm not seeing your case. If you feel compelled to follow Jewish dietary restrictions, then do that. Based on Mark, no Christian should feel any religious obligation to do so.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
to which being joined is absolutely necessary for salvation.

This contradicts to the salvation of one of the robbers crucified with our Lord Jesus Christ. The robber never joined any church, Orthodox or not, and yet met Jesus in paradise that same day. Powerful!!!

Jesus is stronger than all churches together. Only He can save. Church has no power to save. Jesus only. Jesus only.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,893.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually, Scripture speaks of salvation in THREE verb tenses: past (I have been saved), present (I am saved) and future (I have hope of being saved).

Quite true. Therein lies the subject of justification (having been saved) and sanctification (am being saved). Thank you for this good post and the thread on sanctification.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Quite true. Therein lies the subject of justification (having been saved) and sanctification (am being saved). Thank you for this good post and the thread on sanctification.
You are using Protestant semantics. The former Catholic semantics were that what you call justification and sanctification were BOTH justification/salvation to us. However, after our dialogues with the Lutherans, they and we have developed a common language: initial justification and ongoing salvation/sanctification. Interesting, yes?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,893.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You are using Protestant semantics. The former Catholic semantics were that what you call justification and sanctification were BOTH justification/salvation to us. However, after our dialogues with the Lutherans, they and we have developed a common language: initial justification and ongoing salvation/sanctification. Interesting, yes?

Indeed it is.

Upvote 0