Can you only be saved in the right denomination?

Can you only be saved if you are in specific denomination?

• Yes, you have to believe in a specific denomination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, anyone who believes in Christ can be saved

Votes: 51 100.0%
  • Only those who are in the original Church of Christ can be saved

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you only be saved if you pick the right denomination? Or can be people be saved in any Christian denomination, as long as they believe in Jesus?

Once someone told me that everyone in a denomination of Christianity was going to Hell, unless they went to the original Church of Christ? But which one is that? Is it even still here today?

What do you think?

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is a matter of the heart.
John 3:3English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
I would think the denomination would need to worship Christ, and there are many who do not, so that you are not misled on important issues.
The thief on the cross belonged to no denomination.

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
I would think the denomination would need to worship Christ, and there are many who do not, so that you are not misled on important issues.

I totally agree with the words above.

There are so many denominations.. why can't we all come together as one in the name of Christ, the name above all names.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can you only be saved if you pick the right denomination? Or can be people be saved in any Christian denomination, as long as they believe in Jesus?

Once someone told me that everyone in a denomination of Christianity was going to Hell, unless they went to the original Church of Christ? But which one is that? Is it even still here today?

What do you think?
I think that anyone who gives his life to Christ as Lord and Savior most likely has saving Faith. He's a part of the "body of Christ" whose membership is known only to God. On the other hand, different church bodies teach different concepts about our relationship to God, so it does matter which one we affiliate with for everyday, ongoing participation in the "visible" church of Christ.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

Yes, the original Church that Christ started is still here.

This obviously depends on who you talk to, but I will tell you that it is the Catholic Church.

And none of us are in the position to decided who is saved and who isn't. I perfer to leave that up to God.

There are so many denominations.. why can't we all come together as one in the name of Christ, the name above all names.

Because there are too many (particularly Protestants) and not all of them agree on very important aspects of Christianity (baptism)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are three different forums here on CF for members of the Roman Catholic Church, and that's because they disagree with each other on doctrine and practice to the point that they cannot get along on one forum.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are three different forums here on CF for members of the Roman Catholic Church, and that's because they disagree with each other on doctrine and practice to the point that they cannot get along on one forum.
That does not change that, in the Catholic Church, her teachings and beliefs are clear.

I think you are misunderstanding what I wrote. I said in Protestants, as in between different denominations.

[staff edited]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 23:37-40 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".

The entire Bible has one big and great message, love God and your neighbour.

I needed to say this because we all believe in God and Jesus, but we all have different views, separating one from another, when we all should see the true message of the Bible...

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus4Ever
Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That does not change that, in the Catholic Church, her teachings and beliefs are clear.

I think you are misunderstanding what I wrote. I said in Protestants, as in between different denominations.

So please, make sure you understand what I write before going and making a fool of yourself. :)

I am not challenging you but I am asking you so I can learn. But what is it that makes you so sure that only Catholics go to Heaven? (Btw...this is in response to your signature and not this comment.)

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you only be saved if you pick the right denomination?

Nope. End of discussion (in other words, I'm not gonna respond even if Wolf_Says OR his wife have anything to say about it).
:ahah:

@Wolf_Says: Just teasing you. If the below was sent in a spirit of good-hearted humor then I'm just returning the favor. Kinda bored tonight. :)
So please, make sure you understand what I write before going and making a fool of yourself. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obviously not to her own members. A little time spent here reading the different teachings that Catholics insist is what their own church teaches--but which it does not--is really stunning, if you want to know the truth.

Mine is in complete accord, from all that I can tell. But the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox, Armenian, Old Catholic churches and Independent and Liberal Catholic churches are in terrible discord....therefore, we must be right and your churches must not be right--by your own reckoning, that is.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the original Church that Christ started is still here.

This obviously depends on who you talk to, but I will tell you that it is the Catholic Church.

And none of us are in the position to decided who is saved and who isn't. I perfer to leave that up to God.

Because there are too many (particularly Protestants) and not all of them agree on very important aspects of Christianity (baptism)
Hello Wolf_Says.

How many denominations exist under the Catholic umbrella?

Upvote 0

Mrs.PGL

Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2015
windsor ontario
✟69,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think in the 1900's, I'm not sure if they exist, they tried to do that in Canada. What happens is one guy is right here, and another disagrees, so to compromise, they water down the scripture further until there is no power or authority to the scripture - they form a consensus, rather than accepting the scripture for how the Lord taught it. We see this dangerously happening all over today where people are going to die in Hell because of a compromise on God's Word.
I don't believe there is a perfect church. You just find the one you feel represents Christ best, I guess.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged

What do you think?
You must be a member of the Western Branch of American Reform Presbylutheranism in order to be saved.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jesus4Ever
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
He's a part of the "body of Christ" whose membership is known only to God.

No, that is wrong. When St. Paul wrote about people being part of the body of Christ, he referred to a specific group of Christians to whom he wrote, not to some abstract group "whose membership is known only to God".

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by" one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, that is wrong. When St. Paul wrote about people being part of the body of Christ, he referred to a specific group of Christians to whom he wrote, not to some abstract group "whose membership is known only to God".
Sorry, I didn't think that that peculiar interpretation would be on anyone's mind.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
As I said.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mrs pgl hit the nail right in.
THEY NEED to worship Christ , but sadly she is right, many don't.
So then HOW do we KNOW we worship CHRIST becomes the real question.
IFye love ME , KEEP MY SAYINGS should sum this up.
ps, how is the kitty mrs pga. Be blessed.

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So why don't we all start over, and just read the bible and agree with those words.
Its that simple. Man has complicated what CHRIST will make simple.
IF ye love me, keep MY sayings. don't let men twist or omit them. KEEP THEM .

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 14:6
The only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we can Truly See that denomination means nothing unto Salvation .

The meanest woman raping serial killer , if he repented and asked Christ into his heart seconds before he was killed. He was saved and will be in Heaven.

Blessings
FCJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Amen , not in the name of interfaith or religion , but the name OF CHRIST only.
for their is a gathering occurring in which many are beginning to unite as one
but its the wrong unity . Let us follow the Christ who was recorded in the bible
and test all against HIS RIGHTOUES life and teachings .
For I say, IF JESUS were to appear as a man today
or if the real apsotels were to walk in many churches today
they would be run off as haters for speaking the very words they did many years ago
to this generation.
Worse yet.........they would tell JESUS he needs to FIND JESUS and learn to love .
we have serious problems today. serious and worse it will soon get.

Upvote 0