CAN YOU HAVE GOD'S GRACE WITHOUT GOD'S LAW?

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is correct and why we are not to bind ourselves to the Law.

The new covenant is to love. If we love, we have fulfilled the law, so why bind oneself to the Law.

Yes, and Grace comes through faith. Abraham received Grace because he believed. There was no Law for Abraham. He just followed God's Spirit. The same goes for Christians. We receive Grace through baptism. We are born into Eden, God's rest. or righteousness.
We receive the saving grace of God the very moment we first believed in Jesus as our Lord and our God!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, im asking a simple question that you refuse to answer.

I know you don't like my answer.

As I said. God's written law is obsolete and he provided the Jews as a living example of it's failings. We follow God's law written in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

"So who do you say we should follow, mans law that allows lying or Gods law that forbids it?" - QUOTE=W2L

Follow man's local government approved law along with your personal morality in your heart anytime "the instructions on how to think are missing."

Man's law includes personal morality and guides what man writes down as law.
Personal morality, such and when to lie or not, is in mans heart.
Never follow God's obsolete written laws. If you break just one, you are guilty of breaking them all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I said. God's written law is obsolete and he provided the Jews as a living example of it's failings. We follow God's law written in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

"So who do you say we should follow, mans law that allows lying or Gods law that forbids it?" - QUOTE=W2L

Follow man's law along with your personal morality in your heart.
Man's law includes and guides what man writes down as law.

Personal morality, such and when to lie or not, is in mans heart.
Never follow God's obsolete written laws. If you break just one, you are guilty of breaking them all.
As i said before, im referring to the commands given by Jesus and His apostles. You deny those commands it seems, in favor of mans law, but its based on your misunderstanding, not biblical truth. Remember the great commission? Jesus sent the apostles to teach us to observe all that he commanded.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As i said before, im referring to the commands given by Jesus and His apostles. You deny those commands it seems, in favor of mans law, but its based on your misunderstanding, not biblical truth. Remember the great commission? Jesus sent the apostles to teach us to observe all that he commanded.

Sounds good. I'm in.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does? Please specify.
"As i said before, im referring to the commands given by Jesus and His apostles. You deny those commands it seems, in favor of mans law, but its based on your misunderstanding, not biblical truth. Remember the great commission? Jesus sent the apostles to teach us to observe all that he commanded."

I accept your viewpoint.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We receive the saving grace of God the very moment we first believed in Jesus as our Lord and our God!
The Holy Spirit is given to us by God thru faith in Jesus, and not thru any rite or sacrament!
But what about Gods commands? Have they been replaced by mans law?
There are no Law given to us to save us, but the moral aspects of the law we are to keep once now saved!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"As i said before, im referring to the commands given by Jesus and His apostles. You deny those commands it seems, in favor of mans law, but its based on your misunderstanding, not biblical truth. Remember the great commission? Jesus sent the apostles to teach us to observe all that he commanded."

I accept your viewpoint.
But do you accept the commands of the Lord, given by Himself and His apostles, as the law we are suppose to follow?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are to obey the Moral law of God, but that is not to save, but to instruct us how to live once having been saved!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Spirit is given to us by God thru faith in Jesus, and not thru any rite or sacrament!

There are no Law given to us to save us, but the moral aspects of the law we are to keep once now saved!
Im not referring to salvation in the least. Im only refuting the assertion that Gods commands have been replaced by mans law.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But do you accept the commands of the Lord, given by Himself and His apostles, as the law we are suppose to follow?
We obey the Moral aspect of the law, but do that by walking by faith in the empowering of the promised Holy Spirit given to us once we believed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We obey the Moral aspect of the law, but do that by walking by faith in the empowering of the promised Holy Spirit given to us once we believed!
But what role do the commands of the Lord and His apostles play? Were they not given to guide us into proper christian living and thinking?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not even related to grace.

So grace is favor, "unmerited favor." Salvation by Grace. Grace is, therefore, God's unmerited favor - His goodness toward those who have no claim on, nor reason to expect, divine favor. The principal manifestation of God's grace has been in the form of a gift.
"THE GRACE OF GOD"

"THE GRACE OF GOD"

We could not accept Jesus as our Savior without grace. Grace enables us to repent and turn to God.

Upvote 0