Can you have a Premillennial Kingdom with an Amillennial Christ?

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Premillennialism divorces Christ from the eternal city He is preparing now. It also evacuates the New Jerusalem at the second coming and forbids the saints entry to it for 1,000 years. Why would Christ emphasise the eternal glory and comfort of this city He is preparing for His people if they were not going to immediately enjoy it when they die or when He appears? The whole promise of John 14:1-3 is negated by this theological school of thought. Premillennialism must also ignore Revelation 3:11-12, which, whilst speaking of the Coming of Christ, describes the accompanying descent of the heavenly abode.

No wonder 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, “as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

I guess if I was to sum up the great difficulty I have with Premillennialism on this matter, it is its constant focus upon the natural city Jerusalem, and their notion that God's favour is upon this Christ-rejecting people, rather than focusing like Abraham upon that city that embraces the true chosen of God – the New Jerusalem. The New Testament constantly directs our eyes toward the heavenly Jerusalem, whereas Premils are constantly speaking of, and speculating about, the old Jerusalem, which we know is likened today unto Sodom and Egypt (Revelation 11) and is now "in bondage with her children" (Galatians 4:22-26).
Actually your false assumptions about pre-mill are just wrong and unfounded. The church is not going to be on earth during the Millennium. Chapter 7 says, the church will be for ever in the temple of God. Paradise will be the New Jerusalem. Because that has always been the spiritual temple, since God placed Adam there. His descendants were supposed to live spiritually there for 7000 years. When Adam disobeyed, he was banned from the Garden. The Cross opened it back up as Paradise. In the next reality it will still be the spiritual Jerusalem.

Those resurrected in Revelation 20, are not the church. They are not glorified. They only have incorruptible bodies, and populate the earth. They will populate the new earth. The church populates the huge New Jerusalem that is 1200 miles square. It will be God’s connection between heaven and earth.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

Can you please tell me your view on where the Lord Jesus will physically rule and reign in the new heavens and new earth?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already pointed out, that 1 Thessalonians 4:17 shows that where Jesus goes, we go. So if you have a rapture at all, then when Jesus comes to earth, we come with Him. Only way you would not have a return to earth is if there's no rapture at all (so we'd never leave earth). But ultimately, millennial kingdom, saints would be on the earth, new heavens and new earth, saints on the earth. So at some point, if Sants are in heaven at all, they come back to earth.

Revelation 19, to me at least, shows where, that return is.

So can you also please tell me your view on where the Lord Jesus Christ will physically rule and reign in the new heavens and new earth?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your suggestion that animal sacrifices will be literally restored in the house of God after the coming of Christ is prohibited by clear New Testament Scripture. Moreover, the one-off nature and eternal significance of the cross coupled with the explicit (and repeated) teaching pertaining to the same in the New Testament strongly forbids the Lord reintroducing the old covenant temple, animal sacrifices and priesthood. The expiatory nature of the sin offerings associated with Ezekiel’s temple restricts a literal understanding of it to a time-period preceding the Cross. The fact is, the old covenant was temporal and imperfect and could never satisfy God’s eternal plan for man. It has been eternally abolished.

Scripture describes the old covenant sacrificial system as “that which is done away” (2 Corinthians 3:11) and “that which is abolished” (2 Corinthians 3:13). It makes clear: the old testament … vail is done away in Christ" (2 Corinthians 3:14). Hebrews 10:9 confirms: “He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.” Hebrews 10:2 confirms they “ceased to be offered.”

Can you not see this or grasp this? How can any of us serious take the Premil boast that they are literalists? They aren’t.

Ezekiel is talking about the full operation of the OT sacrifices. For the Premillennialist to insist on their return is both startling and highly objectionable. The Premillennial system re-introduces the full abolished old covenant sacrifices: meat offerings (Ezekiel 42:13, 44:29, 45:15, 17, 24, 25, 46:5, 7, 11, 14, 15, 20), sin offerings (Ezekiel 40:39, 42:13, 19, 21, 22, 25, 44:27, 29, 45:17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 46:20), trespass offerings (Ezekiel 40:39, 42:13, 44:29, 46:20), burnt offerings (Ezekiel 40:38, 39, 42, 43:18, 24, 27, 44:11, 45:15, 17, 23, 25, 46:2, 4, 12, 13, 15), peace offerings (Ezekiel 43:27, 45:15, 17, 46:2, 12), drink offerings (Ezekiel 45:17).

Which one of these sacrifices did Calvary not remove forever?

The Premillennialist would try and take us back to the old covenant system and re-introduce an abolished system that is unpleasing to God. What they fail to grasp, the substitutionary atonement of Christ is simply prefigured in the Old Testament sacrifices.

The ceremonial law was simply a signpost to Christ. No more. The cross removed this imperfect system. The shadow and the temporal could only remain until the real and eternal arrived. Why would God restore animal sacrifices when He sent His Son to make one final all-sufficient sacrifice for sin? After Christ comes there is no need for the typical sacrifices on the new earth? The fulfilment, the reality, the substance, will be in the midst of God's people. The shadow has been long discarded.

Hebrews 10:5-6 tells us, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.”

There is no room in the plan of God for the return of the imperfect Old Testament sacrifices. Once Christ (the final sacrifice) came and fulfilled His destiny by dying for man’s sin the former was done away. The old has been eternally abolished. God took upon human form. The Son of God being perfect could testify: “a body hast thou prepared me.” That body was perfect and His sacrifice was the sacrifice of sacrifices – the one that ended all the old covenant sacrifices.

Hebrews 10:8-10 confirms: Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

The old covenant was temporal and imperfect and could never satisfy God’s eternal plan for man. It has now been replaced by the new covenant with its focus upon the one individual all-sufficient perfect eternal sacrifice. The New Testament disallows the re-introduction of the abolished sacrifices and offerings. Christ is that final offering for sin.

Hebrews 10:14-20 then affirms, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh.”

Many Premils say there are more offerings for sin in the millennium, presenting the old covenant passages of Ezekiel 40:39, 42:13, 19, 21, 22, 25, 44:27, 29, 45:17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 46:20 as supposed evidence.

Hebrews 10:26 says, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.”

I can assure you: I will never accept this offensive doctrine. It is anti-biblical and antichrist. It is an attack upon the character of Christ, the truth of His Word and the eternal nature of His office, sacrifice and new covenant. You failed to prove your theory. You will never prove it.

It is both alarming and sad how many (that sincerely profess Christ) champion the re-starting of rival sin offerings in the future to compete with Calvary when Christ fulfilled and eternally removed them at the Cross. Most of this error has emanated from false teaching of men that should know better. The fact is, the New Testament totally forbids the resurrection of the old covenant including the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem, the restarting of the abolished animal sacrifices, and the resuming of earthly high priest’s office, as part of a God-ordained arrangement. Their expectation to return to the Old Testament type, shadow and figure is gravely misplaced.

It is as if Christ’s perfect life, atoning death and glorious resurrection are not enough for Premils; not perfect enough, not satisfactory enough, and not final enough.

Christ is man's only substitute for sin. Why would we need other substitutes for sin? Surely this is a serious assault upon the merits and value of the atonement. Premillennialism demeans the work Christ did on the cross . It anticipates countless competing substitutes on the new earth with Christ in the midst in all His glory practising rejected old covenant sin offerings.

There will be no need for animal sacrifices, human priests, and a physical temple – because Christ will be all in all on the new earth. Christ is the final covering for sin. He is the fulfilment of every sin offering. There is therefore absolutely no biblical warrant for resurrecting the old covenant Judaic sacrificial system outside of rebelling against the fact that Christ is the one eternal sacrifice for sin. This is a very serious matter. Christ has made that final satisfactory sacrifice for sin. The old ordinances were nailed to the tree with Christ. The old covenant was removed with the introduction of the new, yet Premils insist on the re-starting of these abolished sacrifices.

The shedding of His blood satisfied the Father and reconciled the sinner to God, securing eternal redemption (1 John 1:7). By attempting to reintroduce animal sacrifices, Premillennialism does great injury to the work of Christ on the Cross, undoes the once all-sufficient sacrifice that Christ made for sin, undermines the eternal nature of the atonement, and disregards numerous New Testament passages that conclusively prove that Christ’s blood sacrifice was final and eternal. The Old Testament system that employed animal sacrifices was nailed to the Cross and blotted out according to the New Testament.

I can understand your view (& concern) regarding these sacrifices. It would seem to make null and void the Lord`s sacrifice. However we need to look at God`s great purpose.

In the book of Hebrews as you pointed out we read of how much better the Lord is than any of the sacrifices, the temple, the priests etc. And the writer was very concerned that those early Jewish Christians who were wavering in their faith. The writer did not want them to go back to their Jewish rites and ceremonies.

We as the Body of Christ are blessed to receive the wonderful revelation of Christ and what He has done. However after the Body of Christ has come to the maturity of the faith by the Holy Spirit, then we will go to our eternal setting. it is then that there will still be God`s purpose for Israel and the nations to be completed.

God planned that Israel would be a light to the nations and teach the of God`s ways. Israel was rebellious but that does not over ride God`s purpose. We see in the prophet Micah that in the millennium that the nations do go up to Jerusalem to worship and learn of God`s ways.

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it.
Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; he will teach us of His ways. And we shall walk in His paths."

For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and rebuke strong nations afar off; they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.` (Micah 4: 1 - 3)

The people are an earthly people and as such need to understand what Christ did. The feast days with their sacrifices are all a tangible picture of Christ the Passover, His pure life, His atoning for their nation and land, His high priestly office and more. There is much these earthly people will learn. If they don`t obey then there will be the `rod of iron` to bring consequences.

Mankind will have the opportunity to learn of God`s ways, without Satan & his demons. God is just and reveals that even then mankind will go astray. So no one can say that man could rule himself or would have without Satan. God would have given mankind 7,000 year, the number of completion, every opportunity to show his true nature.

Israel would have been exalted over the nations and learnt to rule under the Lord. They will then be ready for the New heavens and new earth where they will rule over the nations on the new earth.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Saved and lost.

So in your view we are all on the new earth. Can you please tell me where you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will rule and reign in the new heavens and new earth?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So can you also please tell me your view on where the Lord Jesus Christ will physically rule and reign in the new heavens and new earth?

Revelation 20:1-9 is the most direct about it. That there's a 1000 year period, after Jesus has returned to earth in Revelation 19.

I especially want to point out Revelation 20:7-9 in particular
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

As you can see, there is 1 final revolt on Earth, and they surround Jerusalem (the beloved city. New Jerusalem has not come down from Heaven yet at this time and the wicked will NEVER surround THAT city), and the camp of the saints. Meaning that the saints must be on earth when this happens.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My view means nothing. What does the Bible say?

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Please do not tell me what your "view" is.
Instead, show me what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand your view (& concern) regarding these sacrifices. It would seem to make null and void the Lord`s sacrifice. However we need to look at God`s great purpose.

In the book of Hebrews as you pointed out we read of how much better the Lord is than any of the sacrifices, the temple, the priests etc. And the writer was very concerned that those early Jewish Christians who were wavering in their faith. The writer did not want them to go back to their Jewish rites and ceremonies.

We as the Body of Christ are blessed to receive the wonderful revelation of Christ and what He has done. However after the Body of Christ has come to the maturity of the faith by the Holy Spirit, then we will go to our eternal setting. it is then that there will still be God`s purpose for Israel and the nations to be completed.

God planned that Israel would be a light to the nations and teach the of God`s ways. Israel was rebellious but that does not over ride God`s purpose. We see in the prophet Micah that in the millennium that the nations do go up to Jerusalem to worship and learn of God`s ways.

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it.
Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; he will teach us of His ways. And we shall walk in His paths."

For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and rebuke strong nations afar off; they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.` (Micah 4: 1 - 3)

The people are an earthly people and as such need to understand what Christ did. The feast days with their sacrifices are all a tangible picture of Christ the Passover, His pure life, His atoning for their nation and land, His high priestly office and more. There is much these earthly people will learn. If they don`t obey then there will be the `rod of iron` to bring consequences.

Mankind will have the opportunity to learn of God`s ways, without Satan & his demons. God is just and reveals that even then mankind will go astray. So no one can say that man could rule himself or would have without Satan. God would have given mankind 7,000 year, the number of completion, every opportunity to show his true nature.

Israel would have been exalted over the nations and learnt to rule under the Lord. They will then be ready for the New heavens and new earth where they will rule over the nations on the new earth.

Your teachers have badly misled you on this matter. The old covenant is gone forever. Your advocation of natural Zionism and your desire to restart the old arrangement are forbidden by so much NT Scripture that is difficult to know where to start.

Your veneration of natural Christ-rejecting Israel and your affection for the old failed old covenant rites, rituals and offices blinds you to NT truth. You fail to see that the old covenant was an imperfect type and shadow of the NT reality and fulfillment. Christ has abolished toe the Old. You refuse to let go of it. Your teachers have deceived you.

Racial favoritism is over in the New Testament. The whole theocratic focus on Israel / Jerusalem / temple has ended. The land focus of the old covenant is totally gone in the new covenant to focus on the whole globe. Jesus revealed the enormity of the change that was coming throughout His earthly ministry.

The Lord frequently called out the spiritual impotence of national Israel by way of symbol and by way of a parable. In Luke 13:6-9 He used the fig tree to symbolize natural Israel’s demise. He taught: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.”

Contained within these comments was proof that major change was coming. Here Christ is speaking of Israel’s lack of fruitlessness as a fig tree. He presents this as the reason why the fig tree must be cut down. Here, He is referring to how the nation generally rebelled against His message of salvation and hence brought forth no fruit acceptable unto God. That ministry lasted 3 ½ years on this earth and culminated in the Jews crucifying the Messiah. In the parable Christ refers to the length of His ministry.

On the day after His triumphant entry into Jerusalem, many of the citizens of Jerusalem heralded Him, saying, “Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest” (Mark 11:9-11).

But the text continues in Mark 11:13-14, “seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever.”

Did Christ curse this fig tree simply to prove His deity? Did He do it for no obvious reason? Or was He impressing some great spiritual truth upon His disciples in regard to natural Israel?

This was not some pointless irrelevant act to prove Christ’s deity or omnipotence; it was an object lesson in regard to Israel. The fig tree symbolically represents the physical nation of Israel whereas the olive tree represents the spiritual people of Israel. When Christ cursed the fig tree He was demonstrating the removing of the exclusive theocratic favor of God from the physical nation of Israel, whereas, the olive tree will exist forever. Years of abusing God’s favor, years of successive misrule among the national judges and kings, and the spiritual leaders, especially among the priests, and ongoing idolatry and stubborn rebellion among the people, finally brought the theocratic reign to an end. Never again will God’s favor be restricted to a genetic temporal earthly nation, but rather to a spiritual eternal heavenly nation.

Verse 12-14 records, in the NKJV: “Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. In response Jesus said to it, ‘Let no one eat fruit from you ever again’.”

After this the Lord significantly headed straight for the very epicenter of the Jewish religion – the temple – and overturned the tables, demonstrating that He had had enough with their religious hypocrisy and stubborn rebellion.

Verse 15-17 in the KJV says, “they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.”

The favor of God was never intended to be limited to one nation. It was always God’s plan to reach the nations. This was the great turning point in history where kingdom blessing was transferred from the physical entity of natural Israel to the spiritual entity of the New Testament Church. With the introduction of the new covenant arrangement that move occurred. His house would no longer be considered a physical house in Jerusalem, but rather a spiritual house that would be a home throughout “all nations.”

The arrival of the new covenant arrangement, and the broadening out of the people of God, coincided with the removal of the old covenant apparatus. This was Jesus revealing His heart and plan for a fallen world.

Dispensationalists frequently argue that “this teaching misrepresents God as one who breaks His promises.” They rationalize: “If God breaks His promises, then how is one to know His salvation is secure? How may the Church know that God will not find another people to replace it for the sins it has committed?” Or, “if God did not keep His promises to Israel 2000 years ago, how then can we be sure He will keep His word to us in the future?”

The whole basis of this thesis is wrong. It is a red herring! It is a moot argument on a number of counts. Firstly, who said God is finished with natural Israel? Definitely not those who believe in Covenant Theology. Even though national Israel largely rejected Christ they still have an opportunity (if they humble themselves) to encounter Him and experience full redemption and be integrated into the New Testament Church as fellow-citizens of true Israel. They basically overlook the personal nature of salvation.

Secondly, while God did dismantle the old covenant arrangement, and end His exclusive theocratic relationship with ethnic Israel, broadening out the Gospel opportunity to all nations, He did not abandon His true chosen people – the elect of Israel. As always, there was a small remnant within the overall nation that remained faithful to the Lord. This remnant put their faith in Christ, and were the building blocks of the infant New Testament Church. The good olive tree is still available to them up until Christ’s returns.

Thirdly, Dispensationalists fail to see the difference between the broad outward nation and a faithful elect remnant within Israel. They have God bound to the wrong Israel!

Fourthly, they ignore the incredible work that God did achieve through believing Israel when He used a small remnant to touch a lost world with the Gospel, as predicted in multiple Old Testament passages. Dispensationalists don’t seem to see the incredible global expansion that accompanied the introduction of the better covenant. Because of that the fail to see that God is only bound to true Israel, not national Christ-rejecting Israel.

Christ’s message to apostate Israel in Matthew 23:37-39 was sobering: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord” (the consummation, as Daniel predicted).”

This was a prologue to what He was going to say, in Matthew 24. After all, there is no chapter divisions in the original.

The next verses and chapter – Matthew 24:1-2 – then significantly commences, “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The temple in Jerusalem was the focus of old covenant worship for Israel since ancient times would now be rendered redundant through Christ and would be replaced by a better spiritual temple that was located all over the world – Christ being the cornerstone, and believers being the lively stones. What was going to replace the old physical Jewish building in Jerusalem was not something that was restricted to one race but a global spiritual temple that embraced all nations equally.

We observe the time of this change when the woman of Samaria declared unto Jesus, in John 4:19-24, “Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship” (vv 19-20).

Christ replied, “Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth” (vv 21-24).

Jesus was informing this lady that a major shift was coming from the old covenant temple system. Here we see the movement away from a central geographical worship (and location), to the nations of the earth. This change came with the earthly ministry of Christ and the willful rejection of Him by the Jews. The theocratic nation was removed and replaced by a spiritual nation throughout all nations.

What Christ was teaching here was that a new economy was being introduced through His earthly ministry that would forever replace the old. No longer would the worship of the living God be restricted to a natural geographical land-mass or be centered upon a physical temporal brick building built with hands in earthly Jerusalem, rather, it would now be concentrated in a spiritual eternal temple (the redeemed Church) which is spiritual located within the heavenly New Jerusalem. That temple would not be restricted to one physical nation but would be situated throughout all the nations of the world.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said in Matthew 21:33-41, “There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen (natural Israel), and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen (the Gentiles), which shall render him the fruits in their seasons."

In this parable Jesus tells a story that most could grasp. It was a familiar illustration to the Hebrew audience that was designed to represent an important spiritual truth. It talked about a vineyard, and the whole subject of legacy. Jesus communicated about a vineyard owner sending his servants, to reason with his unreasonable employees, but they were “beat,” “stoned” and “killed” one by one. He finally sent his son, hoping they would listen to him. However, they would not. They killed him also. This was enough for the vineyard owner. The whole thrust of the parable was: if you kill the Son, God will take the inheritance from you. He is going to remove it from you and give it to someone else.

This whole parable is focused in on Israel’s inheritance. It shows that through their wanton and continuous rebellion they forfeited their original heritage. The kingdom of God is shown here to have been taken off Israel and given unto “other husbandmen.” In His summing up of His message, Christ predicts, in this vivid parable, the Jews rejection of Himself and His ultimate crucifixion. The new inheritors would be a fruit-bearing people possessing the necessary spiritual credentials. They would do what Israel refused to do, which was “reverence” God’s Son. This company would never be based upon or restricted to one nationality, color or geographical location – it would be international and trans-national, incorporating all the peoples of the world. There is no hint or inclination in this parable that the vineyard would then be given back to these Christ-rejecting husbandmen (representing the old physical economy that was restricted to natural Israel), but that it would be given to the whosoever believeth of all nations, including repentant Jews.

This conclusion is supported upon many similar passages. The prophets didn't go to Iceland or Ireland. Christ didn't go to Iraq or Iran. This is speaking of the corporate nation of salvation. This was a consistent message that Christ brought to Israel. The messengers came and the messengers were destroyed. God then “let out his vineyard (God's vineyard) unto other husbandmen" (speaking of the Gentiles) “which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.” This was talking about the Gentiles being integrated into faithful Israel. The vineyard was taken off the nation (singular) and given over to the nations (plural).

The parable was addressed to corporate Israel the only nation to receive the prophets and receive the Messiah. This can be applied to other people. This is talking about a collective people. It is talking about a “vineyard” (which was God's place of favor) which described the nation of Israel generally. God had no other vineyard. He had no other “husbandmen” but the Jews. Your denial of this is evidently required to sustain your pro-Israel theology rather than being built on any viable scriptural basis.

Jesus reinforced that throughout His teaching. We that in Matthew 21:42-46: “Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.”

Because of disobedience, God’s glory and exclusive favor was removed from ethnic Israel and given to a wider community of followers of Christ, containing both Jews and Gentiles. God’s whole purpose with man extends out beyond the borders of Israel and stretches out to the whole world.

The phrase “taken from you” literally reads:

airo meaning to lift up
apo meaning away
humon meaning you

But who would receive “the stone which the builders rejected”? A broad international New Testament Church who would bring “forth the fruits thereof.”

The kingdom would be “given” to them!

The phrase “given to” literally reads:

didomi meaning to give.

A careful analysis of this passage undoubtedly reveals the person and power of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is here described as “this Stone.” The reading succinctly outlines the contrast between God’s dealings with His elect and that of the wicked. It is Him alone who breaks the stubborn will of man in salvation and brings him into perfect union with an offended God. For those who reject God’s only provision for sin, they meet Him as judge and are crushed.

This discourse showed these unbelieving religious Jews that because of their wanton rejection of Himself, Christ would extend His mercy to the Gentiles. The Stone here is unquestionably Christ, and evidently how one sees Him determines one’s ultimate and final eternal destiny. This nation, which is carefully identified with the kingdom of God, is the Church. This is clearly seen in the Lord’s wording. It would be a nation that brings forth the spiritual fruits of kingdom of God. Admittance into this nation is conditional upon one’s approach to, and acceptance of, this figurative stone in the reading. Christ said, “whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”

The near exclusive favor that natural Israel had formerly enjoyed would now be graciously widened to include the previously darkened Gentile people. How could any Christian miss the spiritual import of this teaching? The kingdom has been taken from Israel as a nation and given to another nation. Who is that nation? It is the largely Gentile New Testament Church comprised of all believers (both Jew and Gentile).

Jesus said in John 1:10-13: “He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

Who was His own?

It was Israel – the husbandmen in the vineyard – God’s only vineyard then. This is corroborated by many other similar passages. Jesus encountered the hostility of the religious Jews many times during His earthly ministry. They were, by and large, a people that had “a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof” (2 Timothy 3:5). Many times, He presented them with the simple Gospel, and many times they rejected it. They were a people that had turned their back on the living God.

Christ outlines an important truth, that is repeated elsewhere in the New Testament, that salvation is not secured by one’s racial makeup, or one’s biological makeup, or one’s DNA, it is also not secured by human striving, or by religious efforts, but, rather, by the sovereign workings of Almighty God in the heart of an individual, according to His sovereign grace.

The Messiah that came was to be received as heaven's final sacrifice for sin. He was to be loved and trusted. The Jews would not have Him. Not only did they reject Him, they cruelly nailed Him to a tree. Since the cross the natural Jew has largely rebelled against God’s gracious provision for sin, Jesus Christ. Israel as a theocratic nation has therefore been rejected by God, so that they no longer constitute His kingdom or His chosen people.

Jesus declared to “the Jews” in John 10:27, after they questioned His deity, “ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”

These religious zealots did not belong to the Israel of God – true Israel, they belonged to the natural seed of Abraham, not the spiritual seed. The belief that God has one plan of salvation for the ethnic relatives of Abraham and another for the Gentile people of the world is both mistaken and in conflict with clear and repeated Scripture. There is only one life-changing Gospel, containing one set of standards and requirements – it is open equally to both Jew and Gentile.

While the name Israel is fundamentally spiritual, like most spiritual names, it has evolved over time to carry a broader and more general sense. It became a title and description for all Abraham’s offspring, and those who have attached themselves to the same. Accordingly, many Israelites have been Israelite in name only. They had all that biological pedigree, but they have not experienced salvation. Many have mistakenly taken their racial credentials to represent their elect status. The prophets and apostles have repeatedly challenged this error over the years.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Paul declares in Romans 9:6-8: “For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God.”

Here we see two Israels in view – one according to the flesh and one according to the Spirit. These are significantly identified in Romans 9:8 as “the children of God” or “the children of the promise.” The chosen seed obviously does not include every natural Israeli – as most, even in the Old Testament, seemed to rebel against God’s holy demands. Moreover, one could never call such “the children of God” or “the children of the promise” unless they were of the family of faith.

Paul was showing that it wasn’t by being genetically born Jewish that one was considered part of true Israel by God, but it was only those that belonged to Christ and were the children of promise, that were such. Regardless of how loud the Dispensationalists shout: Scripture makes it abundantly clear that the Israel of God is not Israel after the flesh.

Paul continually differentiates between the Israelite according to “the flesh” and Israelite according to “the Spirit.” He frequently qualifies his use of the Israeli or Jewish label, showing that there is both a natural and a spiritual understanding in these designations. 1 Corinthians 10:18 says, “Israel after the flesh.” In Romans 9:3 he describes the natural Jew as “my kinsmen according to the flesh” and in Romans 9:4-5 describes them as “Israelites ... as concerning the flesh.” Paul describes natural Israel as: “them which are my flesh” (Romans 11:14).

Acts 13:26 talks about “children of the stock [Gr. genos or genealogy] of Abraham” and Philippians 3:5 those “of the stock [Gr. genos] of Israel.” The Bible is here speaking in a natural sense. The Greek word genos basically means kindred or offspring.

Acts 14:2 speaks about “the unbelieving Jews” or in Acts 17:5 “the Jews which believed not.”

Romans 10:1-3 tells us: “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.”

National Israel didn’t get it. They were sold on a religious delusion. What is more, “the zeal of God” they had was “not according to knowledge.” They were ignorant. They were blind. They had a false perception of truth in their head, which resulted in them practicing a faulty religious system. The nation had invented a religion of good works, which was an anathema to God. The reason they did this was because they were “ignorant of God's righteousness.” They had no revelation of imputed righteousness.

Romans 9:32 tells us: “Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone.”

Basically, they stumbled because of Jesus Christ. They didn’t get who He was and what He came to do. They rejected man’s only hope of redemption.

National religious Israel missed the boat because they rejected Christ (“they stumbled at that stumblingstone.”). Also, they were bound to an apostate system that revolved around keeping the law. The fact is: none of them could keep it. They were totally deceived in thinking they could. They were not a believing people which is why they were cut out of the good Israeli olive tree.

Romans 11:7-10 demonstrates, “What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day. And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them: Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.”

National Israel did not carry the favor of God, the elect did. This much misunderstood passage actually says the opposite to what Premillennialists suggest. It clearly says: “Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for.” This reinforces the fact God’s favor did not automatically rest upon ethnic Israel. They were overwhelming lost. It also reiterates that there were 2 Israels in existence: one that was mere racial Israel, and the other that was elect Israel. It tells us “the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.” This description of “the election” was not an abstract reality but rather a chosen people.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So in your view we are all on the new earth. Can you please tell me where you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will rule and reign in the new heavens and new earth?

As BABerean keeps showing you and you keep ignoring: the New Jerusalem.

Before His death, in Matthew 23, we see Christ condemning the Jews rejection of Himself (and His impending atonement). He thus pronounced eight ‘woes’ upon them, and declared, “ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”

He continued, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.”

This was a prologue to what He was going to say, in Matthew 24. After all, there is no chapter divisions in the original. The next verses and chapter – Matthew 24:1-2 – then significantly commences, “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Luke’s account embodies both the end of Matthew 23 and the beginning Matthew 24, saying, “And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it” (Luke 19:41). The disciples asked two important questions in response, in Matthew 24. Christ then said, “if thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! But now they are hid from thine eyes” (Luke 19:42).

And continues, “for the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, and shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation” (Luke 19:43-44).

Christ’s denunciations are in full keeping with the New Testament’s view of earthly Jerusalem. Old Jerusalem is likened in this new covenant period unto Sodom and Egypt in Revelation 11. Revelation 11:8 describes physical Jerusalem today as: “the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” This description was definitely not intended to be a commendation of Jerusalem, but to describe it for exactly what it was/is. Many modern pro-Israel commentators today would probably throw the charge of anti-Semitic at such a charge, however, this indictment came from the Holy Spirit.

Jerusalem, Sodom and Egypt are three very prominent biblical places, all of which are notable for their great rebellion against Almighty God and His repeated warnings. Notwithstanding, they are all especially remembered for the terrible judgment that befell them as a consequence of their iniquitous transgressions. All, significantly, stand to this day as a solemn and perpetual warning of how God deals with the wicked and their gross disobedience against His precepts.

As you get into the New Testament you quickly realize that physical Jerusalem is no longer considered true Zion (or Sion). Under the new covenant, Zion is heavenly, spiritual and eternal not earthly, physical and temporal. Natural Jerusalem was decimated because of the rejection of their Messiah in AD70. Christ-rejecting Israel was stripped of its favored position by rejecting its Messiah. It is depicted in Scripture as an example of religious apostasy and stubborn rebellion.

Paul (that Hebrew of the Hebrews) says of earthly Jerusalem, in Galatians 4:25, “Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.”

We see the two Jerusalems compared and contrasted here, representing two different distinct peoples – God’s elect and the lost. The earthly city is a symbol of bondage, ruin and rebellion, whereas the heavenly city is used as a picture of freedom and spiritual prosperity. Unfortunately, many today look to the wrong Jerusalem and elevate the wrong Israel. They seem to forget: the old temporal earthly type has been replaced by the new heavenly eternal reality.

Paul continues, “Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son [Jerusalem below and her offspring]: for the son of the bondwoman shall NOT be heir with the son of the freewoman [those who belong to Jerusalem above]. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman [Jerusalem below], but of the free [Jerusalem above]” (Galatians 4:28-31).

The offspring of the bondwoman relates to the natural progeny of Abraham “after the flesh.” The Holy Spirit instructs: “Cast out the bondwoman and her son.” Why? “For the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” The fact is, they are not the children of promise. Under the new covenant, natural Jerusalem is no longer the Zion of God. That city and its children (natural Israelis) are considered to be in religious bondage. Those who belong to true Jerusalem (heavenly Jerusalem) are all those that know Christ. Those who do not know Christ are in bondage and are of their father the devil.

Hebrews 11:8-10 describes how our great father of the faith, the Patriarch, Abraham looked for that great heavenly city, saying, “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.”

The Greek word for “strange” here (as in “strange country") is allotrios which actually means another's, or not one's own; by extension foreign, not akin, hostile. The earthly Promised Land was not the true home of God’s Old Testament people. It was not the place of true peace and rest. Many enemies resided within those borders, and much trouble and strife continued there even when Israel took her promised borders. The children of Israel were indeed “strangers and pilgrims on the earth.” This world was not their home. Basically, they were strangers in a strange land.

Hebrews 11:8-10 is clearly talking about Old Testament earthly Israel. It is talking about the ancient promised land. The text is talking about the patriarchs’ sojourn in the earthly Canaan land. It notably describes Abraham’s experience there as “a stranger in a foreign country.” There is no other interpretation. It also describes his honorable son Isaac and grandson Jacob’s experiences to be the same as his own. This totally blows apart the premillennialist fixation with the Old Testament promised land. This shows that physical Israel and its ancient boundaries were never intended to be the true promised land or the eternal inheritance. It confirms that it was never envisioned to be the eternal possession of natural Israel or God’s people. It was clearly conditional and temporal land.

Hebrews 11:9 tells us that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were “the heirs with him of the same promise” (Hebrews 11:9). What promise? The next verse explains: “For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God” (Hebrews 11:10).

The Patriarchs eyes were on higher, better and longer-lasting things than Canaan. This is something our Dispensational brethren would be wise to imitate. The Patriarchs eyes were on the heavenly city that Christ is preparing for those that are His. Their eyes were upon eternal matters. Their focus was heavenly. Even though they were promised an earthly piece of real estate their hope was always heavenly. It says here that Abraham: “looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” That city was clearly the New Jerusalem. The possession of this city has been the goal of every believer from the beginning.

Hebrews 11:13-16 says, specifically speaking of the great Old Testament champions of faith, “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”

Here, in easily comprehensible language, we see the focus and overriding desire of these Old Testament heroes of the faith (nearly all of whom had accessed the old Jerusalem in their lifetime) revealed. They plainly desired a “prepared” heavenly city. Like Abraham and the Old Testament saints of old, our eyes should be fixed upon another country, not an earthly, and a city that is not built with hands or can be touched or visited in this fleeting life. This is repeated throughout the New Testament. The children of God regardless of their birthday are born from above.

It wasn’t just Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that were strangers in their ethnic homeland; so were all the rest of the old covenant saints who populated national Israel. Hebrews 11:12 describes Abraham’s natural seed as “so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. the sand of the sea.” And even though most of them at some juncture populated the area promised from the Euphrates River to the River of Egypt, the Hebrew writer testifies to the fact that “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth” (Hebrews 11:13).

Obviously, the taking of the natural, earthly, temporal land was not what it was all about. There was something better, higher and longer-lasting that was promised to them that would fulfil Israel’s deepest desires – something greater than real estate in the Middle East. It was the Messiah Jesus Christ and the perfected state that comes at His appearing in the form of the new corrupt-free, sin-free, death-free, wicked-free, eternal perfect earth.

Even though the Old Testament giants of the faith are described as “not having received the promises,” the Scripture say that they “seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them.” What is more, they “confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth”

The Old Testament saints, like those in the New Testament, looked forth to a “prepared” eternal heavenly city, not a physical temporal earthly one. Their eyes were therefore not below but above. Scripture plainly tells us that that “place” is called the New Jerusalem – the eternal home of the beloved. The Premillennialist that looks for old Jerusalem at the Second Coming is evidently focused upon the wrong city.

When Hebrews says: God has “prepared” for them (the Old Testament saints) a city (Hebrews 11:16), it is not talking about earthly carnal man-made Jerusalem, that has rejected and killed Christ, the prophets and the Apostles. It is not talking about a city that is denounced under the new covenant by the Holy Spirit as “spiritually … called Sodom and Egypt” (Revelation 11:8) and is further condemned as being “in bondage with her children” in Galatians 4:25. This is speaking of the heavenly city, which we belong to today, which is “free.” This is the only city that God is preparing! It is unbiblical and nonsensical to believe that he is preparing earthly Jerusalem for the saints. The new Jerusalem is being prepared in heaven, as we can see through many Scriptures.

Like Abraham and the Old Testament saints of old, our eyes should be fixed upon another country, not an earthly, and a city that is not built with hands or can be touched or visited in this fleeting life. That “place,” which Christ is preparing us, and for which His people are patiently waiting, is identified as an actual city in Hebrews 13:14. The passage says, for here (that is on this earth) have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.” The city we look for is not a physical temporal earthly city sitting in the center of natural Israel, but rather a heavenly eternal city. It is the New Jerusalem, which Christ is presently preparing. Earthly Jerusalem is clearly with us now, and under judgment, whereas the New Jerusalem in all its glory is still to come.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually your false assumptions about pre-mill are just wrong and unfounded. The church is not going to be on earth during the Millennium. Chapter 7 says, the church will be for ever in the temple of God. Paradise will be the New Jerusalem. Because that has always been the spiritual temple, since God placed Adam there. His descendants were supposed to live spiritually there for 7000 years. When Adam disobeyed, he was banned from the Garden. The Cross opened it back up as Paradise. In the next reality it will still be the spiritual Jerusalem.

Those resurrected in Revelation 20, are not the church. They are not glorified. They only have incorruptible bodies, and populate the earth. They will populate the new earth. The church populates the huge New Jerusalem that is 1200 miles square. It will be God’s connection between heaven and earth.

The Church has been on earth since the first resurrection in full compliance with Revelation 20.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your teachers have badly misled you on this matter. The old covenant is gone forever. Your advocation of natural Zionism and your desire to restart the old arrangement are forbidden by so much NT Scripture that is difficult to know where to start.

Your veneration of natural Christ-rejecting Israel and your affection for the old failed old covenant rites, rituals and offices blinds you to NT truth. You fail to see that the old covenant was an imperfect type and shadow of the NT reality and fulfillment. Christ has abolished toe the Old. You refuse to let go of it. Your teachers have deceived you.

Racial favoritism is over in the New Testament. The whole theocratic focus on Israel / Jerusalem / temple has ended. The land focus of the old covenant is totally gone in the new covenant to focus on the whole globe. Jesus revealed the enormity of the change that was coming throughout His earthly ministry.

The Lord frequently called out the spiritual impotence of national Israel by way of symbol and by way of a parable. In Luke 13:6-9 He used the fig tree to symbolize natural Israel’s demise. He taught: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.”

Contained within these comments was proof that major change was coming. Here Christ is speaking of Israel’s lack of fruitlessness as a fig tree. He presents this as the reason why the fig tree must be cut down. Here, He is referring to how the nation generally rebelled against His message of salvation and hence brought forth no fruit acceptable unto God. That ministry lasted 3 ½ years on this earth and culminated in the Jews crucifying the Messiah. In the parable Christ refers to the length of His ministry.

On the day after His triumphant entry into Jerusalem, many of the citizens of Jerusalem heralded Him, saying, “Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest” (Mark 11:9-11).

But the text continues in Mark 11:13-14, “seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever.”

Did Christ curse this fig tree simply to prove His deity? Did He do it for no obvious reason? Or was He impressing some great spiritual truth upon His disciples in regard to natural Israel?

This was not some pointless irrelevant act to prove Christ’s deity or omnipotence; it was an object lesson in regard to Israel. The fig tree symbolically represents the physical nation of Israel whereas the olive tree represents the spiritual people of Israel. When Christ cursed the fig tree He was demonstrating the removing of the exclusive theocratic favor of God from the physical nation of Israel, whereas, the olive tree will exist forever. Years of abusing God’s favor, years of successive misrule among the national judges and kings, and the spiritual leaders, especially among the priests, and ongoing idolatry and stubborn rebellion among the people, finally brought the theocratic reign to an end. Never again will God’s favor be restricted to a genetic temporal earthly nation, but rather to a spiritual eternal heavenly nation.

Verse 12-14 records, in the NKJV: “Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. In response Jesus said to it, ‘Let no one eat fruit from you ever again’.”

After this the Lord significantly headed straight for the very epicenter of the Jewish religion – the temple – and overturned the tables, demonstrating that He had had enough with their religious hypocrisy and stubborn rebellion.

Verse 15-17 in the KJV says, “they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.”

The favor of God was never intended to be limited to one nation. It was always God’s plan to reach the nations. This was the great turning point in history where kingdom blessing was transferred from the physical entity of natural Israel to the spiritual entity of the New Testament Church. With the introduction of the new covenant arrangement that move occurred. His house would no longer be considered a physical house in Jerusalem, but rather a spiritual house that would be a home throughout “all nations.”

The arrival of the new covenant arrangement, and the broadening out of the people of God, coincided with the removal of the old covenant apparatus. This was Jesus revealing His heart and plan for a fallen world.

Dispensationalists frequently argue that “this teaching misrepresents God as one who breaks His promises.” They rationalize: “If God breaks His promises, then how is one to know His salvation is secure? How may the Church know that God will not find another people to replace it for the sins it has committed?” Or, “if God did not keep His promises to Israel 2000 years ago, how then can we be sure He will keep His word to us in the future?”

The whole basis of this thesis is wrong. It is a red herring! It is a moot argument on a number of counts. Firstly, who said God is finished with natural Israel? Definitely not those who believe in Covenant Theology. Even though national Israel largely rejected Christ they still have an opportunity (if they humble themselves) to encounter Him and experience full redemption and be integrated into the New Testament Church as fellow-citizens of true Israel. They basically overlook the personal nature of salvation.

Secondly, while God did dismantle the old covenant arrangement, and end His exclusive theocratic relationship with ethnic Israel, broadening out the Gospel opportunity to all nations, He did not abandon His true chosen people – the elect of Israel. As always, there was a small remnant within the overall nation that remained faithful to the Lord. This remnant put their faith in Christ, and were the building blocks of the infant New Testament Church. The good olive tree is still available to them up until Christ’s returns.

Thirdly, Dispensationalists fail to see the difference between the broad outward nation and a faithful elect remnant within Israel. They have God bound to the wrong Israel!

Fourthly, they ignore the incredible work that God did achieve through believing Israel when He used a small remnant to touch a lost world with the Gospel, as predicted in multiple Old Testament passages. Dispensationalists don’t seem to see the incredible global expansion that accompanied the introduction of the better covenant. Because of that the fail to see that God is only bound to true Israel, not national Christ-rejecting Israel.

Christ’s message to apostate Israel in Matthew 23:37-39 was sobering: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord” (the consummation, as Daniel predicted).”

This was a prologue to what He was going to say, in Matthew 24. After all, there is no chapter divisions in the original.

The next verses and chapter – Matthew 24:1-2 – then significantly commences, “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The temple in Jerusalem was the focus of old covenant worship for Israel since ancient times would now be rendered redundant through Christ and would be replaced by a better spiritual temple that was located all over the world – Christ being the cornerstone, and believers being the lively stones. What was going to replace the old physical Jewish building in Jerusalem was not something that was restricted to one race but a global spiritual temple that embraced all nations equally.

We observe the time of this change when the woman of Samaria declared unto Jesus, in John 4:19-24, “Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship” (vv 19-20).

Christ replied, “Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth” (vv 21-24).

Jesus was informing this lady that a major shift was coming from the old covenant temple system. Here we see the movement away from a central geographical worship (and location), to the nations of the earth. This change came with the earthly ministry of Christ and the willful rejection of Him by the Jews. The theocratic nation was removed and replaced by a spiritual nation throughout all nations.

What Christ was teaching here was that a new economy was being introduced through His earthly ministry that would forever replace the old. No longer would the worship of the living God be restricted to a natural geographical land-mass or be centered upon a physical temporal brick building built with hands in earthly Jerusalem, rather, it would now be concentrated in a spiritual eternal temple (the redeemed Church) which is spiritual located within the heavenly New Jerusalem. That temple would not be restricted to one physical nation but would be situated throughout all the nations of the world.
Stop applying the first century condition to Revelation and all your false objections will blow away like vapor. You keep placing Satan as co-buddies with Christ's Second Coming. Revelation 13 points out than Satan is left to do as he pleases for 3.5 years. Christ leaves and comes back at the battle of Armageddon. But it is still all the Second Coming. Recap is a private interpretation forcing symbolic pattern where it does not belong. It forces Revelation to be split apart, and arranged in private chronological interpretation, never intended by John. The very dire warnings that John gives, go unheaded, but corrupted.

The above Scripture has nothing to do with Revelation and the Second Coming. They were about the first coming of Christ in the 1st century.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Church has been on earth since the first resurrection in full compliance with Revelation 20.
No because you claim there was no bodily resurrection of OT saints, who are still alive on earth today in new incorruptible bodies. They were judged by the church on thrones in Revelation 20. The church did not exist before the Cross. You have to butcher Revelation 20, to prove your point.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop applying the first century condition to Revelation and all your false objections will blow away like vapor. You keep placing Satan as co-buddies with Christ's Second Coming. Revelation 13 points out than Satan is left to do as he pleases for 3.5 years. Christ leaves and comes back at the battle of Armageddon. But it is still all the Second Coming. Recap is a private interpretation forcing symbolic pattern where it does not belong. It forces Revelation to be split apart, and arranged in private chronological interpretation, never intended by John. The very dire warnings that John gives, go unheaded, but corrupted.

The above Scripture has nothing to do with Revelation and the Second Coming. They were about the first coming of Christ in the 1st century.

Total avoidance of every Scripture and every argument i presented. I will take that as an admission that you have no rebuttal. I refer you back to the avoided post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This whole parable is focused in on Israel’s inheritance. It shows that through their wanton and continuous rebellion they forfeited their original heritage. The kingdom of God is shown here to have been taken off Israel and given unto “other husbandmen.” In His summing up of His message, Christ predicts, in this vivid parable, the Jews rejection of Himself and His ultimate crucifixion. The new inheritors would be a fruit-bearing people possessing the necessary spiritual credentials. They would do what Israel refused to do, which was “reverence” God’s Son. This company would never be based upon or restricted to one nationality, color or geographical location – it would be international and trans-national,

This parable will not be complete until the 6th seal, in Revelation 6, when God comes and the final harvest is completed. The church will be judged according to her false theology and being a harlot, instead of being a good steward herself.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No because you claim there was no bodily resurrection of OT saints, who are still alive on earth today in new incorruptible bodies. They were judged by the church on thrones in Revelation 20. The church did not exist before the Cross. You have to butcher Revelation 20, to prove your point.

Not so! You deep to study deeper. The word interpreted "Church" in our English language is actually the Greek word ekklesia. It repeatedly and overwhelmingly refers to the assembly or congregation of God's people, although it can relate to a public congregation (Acts 19:29-41) or a congregation of the wicked (Psalms 26:5. It relates to the people of God as much in the OT as it does to us in the NT. That’s why Stephen could declare, in reference to the Old Testament saints, in Acts 7:36-38, “he (Moses) had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years. This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us.”

Stephen locates the Old Testament saints in Acts 7:36-38 in the Church, even though he is describing OT Israel. There can be no doubt Israel is described as "the church in the wilderness." Nothing could be clearer. I feel that to deny that is denying the clear emphasis of the reading.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Total avoidance of every Scripture and every argument i presented. I will take that as an admission that you have no rebuttal. I refer you back to the avoided post.
No, I just reject your interpretation, as applying to today. I agree that it applies to the 1st century.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not so! You deep to study deeper. The word interpreted "Church" in our English language is actually the Greek word ekklesia. It repeatedly and overwhelmingly refers to the assembly or congregation of God's people, although it can relate to a public congregation (Acts 19:29-41) or a congregation of the wicked (Psalms 26:5. It relates to the people of God as much in the OT as it does to us in the NT. That’s why Stephen could declare, in reference to the Old Testament saints, in Acts 7:36-38, “he (Moses) had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years. This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us.”

Stephen locates the Old Testament saints in Acts 7:36-38 in the Church, even though he is describing OT Israel. There can be no doubt Israel is described as "the church in the wilderness." Nothing could be clearer. I feel that to deny that is denying the clear emphasis of the reading.

You agree there was a full OT bodily resurrection of all OT believers who were judged by the church at the Cross?

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You agree there was a full OT bodily resurrection of all OT believers who were judged by the church at the Cross?

No! Many were physically raised, like Lazurus was during Christ's ministry, in a show of the power of the cross. But the dead in Christ were caught up in spirit to heaven to reign with Christ, awaiting the physical resurrection at the end.

Upvote 0