USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your confusing the body of Christ with the Church. They are not the same thing. The body of Christ is those who are devoted servants of Christ who abide in Him. The Church is the people within the body of Christ who continue to preach the apostolic teachings. One example would be the Corinthians who were saved and in the body of Christ but they were still carnal and unable to discern matters of the Spirit. The Church is to teach the body of Christ thru the guidance of the Holy Spirit. There is only one Church of God because there is only one truth of His word. Churches who disagree on the interpretation of God’s word cannot all be the Church of God but believers within those churches can still be in the body of Christ.
I agree there is only one Truth and one Gospel. You do not have to be "the Church" to receive the Holy Spirit. The bible very plainly tells us who God's saints are and most churches, no longer teach on the principles of the Bible. When the church changed the commandments of God and instead taught traditions of man, which Jesus warned us about Mathew 15:3-9, they are no longer guided by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said He gives us the Holy Spirit to help keep His commandments, not give guidance to change God's laws. Mathew 14:15-18 There is one Truth and one Gospel and one God and He changes not and told us to not add one word to His teachings. Proverbs 30:5,6

According to scripture this is who God's saints are. Few churches teach about God's commandments which is why it's a remnant.

Revelations 12: 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

God's saints make up God's church.

Hope this helps. God bless.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree there is only one Truth and one Gospel. You do not have to be "the Church" to receive the Holy Spirit. The bible very plainly tells us who God's saints are and most churches, no longer teach on the principles of the Bible. When the church changed the commandments of God and instead taught traditions of man, which Jesus warned us about Mathew 15:3-9, they are no longer guided by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said He gives us the Holy Spirit to help keep His commandments, not give guidance to change God's laws. Mathew 14:15-18 There is one Truth and one Gospel and one God and He changes not and told us to not add one word to His teachings. Proverbs 30:5,6

According to scripture this is who God's saints are. Few churches teach about God's commandments which is why it's a remnant.

Revelations 12: 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

God's saints make up God's church.

Hope this helps. God bless.

God commanded that Gentiles living among the Jews must be circumcised and the Church changed that in Acts 15.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God commanded that Gentiles living among the Jews must be circumcised and the Church changed that in Acts 15.
Circumcision is not in God's Commandments found in Exodos 20. It was a ceremonial law of Moses meant to help the Israelites during their time in the wilderness. Circumcision along with blood sacrifices and annual feasts days was nail to the cross with Jesus as our sacrifice.
Which is why Paul went on to say:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Few churches teach about God's commandments which is why it's a remnant.

I agree with you in that context but in your previous post I believe you were referring to the falling away. Each group that fell away seem to be smaller than the group that remained. Keep in mind that protestants were never in the apostolic Church of God so they couldn’t fall away from it. That’s not to say that they are not in the body of Christ mind you.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision is not in God's Commandments found in Exodos 20. It was a ceremonial law of Moses meant to help the Israelites during their time in the wilderness. Circumcision along with blood sacrifices and annual feasts days was nail to the cross with Jesus as our sacrifice.
Which is why Paul went on to say:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

God gave more than 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God gave more than 10 commandments.
God only personally wrote the Ten on stone and those Ten were placed inside the ark of the Covenant and stored in the upmost holy in God's Temple.

God spoke other commandments that Moses wrote down, the law of Moses, but God made a distinction between these two Covenants.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God only personally wrote the Ten on stone and those Ten were placed inside the ark of the Covenant and stored in the upmost holy in God's Temple.

God spoke other commandments that Moses wrote down, the law of Moses, but God made a distinction between these two Covenants.

Yes and where are they now?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Are the 10 Commandments the most important Commandments? Is that what you’re saying?

Upvote 0

Love First

Houston We Have A Problem
May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Or maybe you don't want your thoughts of the Catholic Church to be refuted in a open forum. ;)

Have a Blessed Day!

Nice. I already told you why I cannot discuss it on the open forum but still you reply with this arrogant response. Why is that?

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Im not so sure about that. According to history the churches seemed to fall away one at a time. First the Assyrian Church, then the OOC then the RCC. Protestants fell away from the RCC who were already fallen away from the EOC. So technically they didn’t fall away from the apostolic Church of God. So it seems like the remnant fell away at different times.

The church was already starting to fall into apostasy even in Paul’s day hence the writings of the epistles. What do you think the purpose of the Protestant Reformation was if not to try and correct apostasy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The church was already starting to fall into apostasy even in Paul’s day hence the writings of the epistles. What do you think the purpose of the Protestant Reformation was if not to try and correct apostasy?

Some of the churches needed correction and guidance but not all of them. In any case according to Matthew 16:18 all of the churches could not possibly fall to apostasy. I agree that the reformed churches tried to correct the apostasy, unfortunately I think they were a bit too focused on rejecting anything that was remotely Catholic and in doing so they were unsuccessful in their attempt. If reformed theology was correct then that would mean that evil did prevail over Christ’s church for 1500 years. Rome had been excommunicated from the Catholic Church 500 years before the reformation. So their actions during that time did not reflect the teachings of apostolic Church of God.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Some of the churches needed correction and guidance but not all of them. In any case according to Matthew 16:18 all of the churches could not possibly fall to apostasy. I agree that the reformed churches tried to correct the apostasy, unfortunately I think they were a bit too focused on rejecting anything that was remotely Catholic and in doing so they were unsuccessful in their attempt. If reformed theology was correct then that would mean that evil did prevail over Christ’s church for 1500 years. Rome had been excommunicated from the Catholic Church 500 years before the reformation. So their actions during that time did not reflect the teachings of apostolic Church of God.

All churches need correction. Even members of God’s Holy Remnant need correction.

I never said that the Reformation sparked perfect theology but it did work to correct issues.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All churches need correction. Even members of God’s Holy Remnant need correction.

I never said that the Reformation sparked perfect theology but it did work to correct issues.

I agree that their heart was in the right place and that leaving the RCC at that time was absolutely imperative. They made a move in the right direction but just did get the theology correct.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I agree that their heart was in the right place and that leaving the RCC at that time was absolutely imperative. They made a move in the right direction but just did get the theology correct.

Well I am a Messianic Jew and I have my own personal system of theology that is constantly developing. I realize that the Reformation didn’t work to totally correct things. I do find some truth in most churches that I study but I’ll be honest with you I’ve never found a Church that I felt was spot on and totally correct. Even amongst the Messianic churches I find things that I disagree with. So personally I choose to seek the truth on my own and try and find what I personally believe is right.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I am a Messianic Jew and I have my own personal system of theology that is constantly developing. I realize that the Reformation didn’t work to totally correct things. I do find some truth in most churches that I study but I’ll be honest with you I’ve never found a Church that I felt was spot on and totally correct. Even amongst the Messianic churches I find things that I disagree with. So personally I choose to seek the truth on my own and try and find what I personally believe is right.

Yes I also do the same which is why I consider myself to be a nondenominational who has a tendency to lean towards the EOC doctrines on salvation. I’ve never stepped foot in an EOC church in my life. I just realized that my beliefs are very closely in line with the EOC. I didn’t get my beliefs from the EOC I came to them thru my own study and noticed that our theology has many similarities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes I also do the same which is why I consider myself to be a nondenominational who has a tendency to lean towards the EOC doctrines on salvation. I’ve never stepped foot in an EOC church in my life. I just realized that my beliefs are very closely in line with the EOC. I didn’t get my beliefs from the EOC I came to them thru my own study and noticed that our theology has many similarities.

The Eastern Orthodox Church has some very good doctrine but I do disagree with them on some things.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bible very plainly tells us who God's saints are and most churches, no longer teach on the principles of the Bible.
Jesus never commanded us to listen to the Bible. HE DID command us to listen to the Church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.