Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Orthodox Church. Presently made up of imperfect people so it is unlikely you would find it perfect this side of the grave.

The Orthodox Church cannot even come to a complete consensus on the doctrine of Theosis so I would definitely say no that it is not a perfect church by any means.

Upvote 0

Love First

Houston We Have A Problem
May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Okay then, it only seems logical then that one would want to join this Church..... right? If you wanted to join the New Testament Church, could you find it? Could you point out its leaders and learn its particular doctrines?

Please elaborate further.

Have a Blessed Evening!

1. The NT Church as it existed in the first century does not exist today.

2. If we are to converse further and totally on my thoughts on the RCC we should do so through PM.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Lovefirst, did you happen to actually read what Wikipedia said in this link you provided? I usually I would not use them as a reference, but I will post the very first paragraph from your link.

Notice the very first three words? ;) The Church may be "referred" to as "The Roman Catholic Church," but you will not find an official document from the Vatican showing a Rite as "Roman Catholic."

Here is an explanation from Fr. Charles Groudin over at Catholicanswers.com.

Yeah, but not to be rude, that doesn't mean you were properly catechized. We see a lot of that from folks that claimed to be "Former Catholics" that seemed to be poorly catechized. Which is no fault of their own.

I have never claimed to be infallible. Is it your belief the writers over at Gotquestions.com are infallible, and that what these writers interpretations and opinions of Luke 17:20-21 is absolute and without error? It kind of seems so.

In what way? And why do you find the writers over at Gotquestions.com more credible than the writers of the USCCB?

Kool.... I hope that you do more than just take "a look" at them. If you know what I mean. ;)

Have a Blessed Evening!

1. I never said that it was “Catholic doctrine” to call the Catholic Church “Roman” I only said that it was a title that was given to it which I did prove by what I posted.

2. I never suggested in any way that Got Questions is “infallible” just like I would never suggest that the RCC is “infallible”.

3. I’ve done massive amounts of studying on Catholic Doctrine and history. Do I have a perfect understanding of the Catholic Church? No, of course not and neither does the Pope.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,724.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Orthodox Church cannot even come to a complete consensus on the doctrine of Theosis so I would definitely say no that it is not a perfect church by any means.
:scratch:
Where do you get this from? I know of no lack of consensus regarding Theosis in the Orthodox Church.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,724.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Really? Then where are the miracles, the tongues of fire, the meetings from house to house, and the sharing of common property? Just to name a few of the many many differences.
The Orthodox Church is humble. Though there are innumerable miracles occuring in the Church we do not trumpet them loudly to the world. While we are grateful for the outpouring of God's grace, we do not for a moment consider ourselves worthy of such grace.
Tongues of fire was a singular event on the day of Pentecost.
As soon as Christians were able, they built temples expressly for the worship of God where the increasingly large numbers of converts could gather. You seem to have some foolish idea that as the Church grew and matured that it would remain identical to how it was in its infancy. We see in Acts that such a view cannot stand, since early on the Apostles established the order of Deacons which had not existed prior. One thing that has not changed is the liturgical worship. Every Church established by the Apostles is liturgical, whether in Palestine, Greece, Armenia or Africa. All follow roughly the same liturgical form of worship with Holy Communion at its centre.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Orthodox Church is humble. Though there are innumerable miracles occuring in the Church we do not trumpet them loudly to the world. While we are grateful for the outpouring of God's grace, we do not for a moment consider ourselves worthy of such grace.
Tongues of fire was a singular event on the day of Pentecost.
As soon as Christians were able, they built temples expressly for the worship of God where the increasingly large numbers of converts could gather. You seem to have some foolish idea that as the Church grew and matured that it would remain identical to how it was in its infancy. We see in Acts that such a view cannot stand, since early on the Apostles established the order of Deacons which had not existed prior. One thing that has not changed is the liturgical worship. Every Church established by the Apostles is liturgical, whether in Palestine, Greece, Armenia or Africa. All follow roughly the same liturgical form of worship with Holy Communion at its centre.

No, you’re the one who was suggesting that the Orthodox Church is the same church as the New Testament church not me so don’t even try and twist my words.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,724.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No, you’re the one who was suggesting that the Orthodox Church is the same church as the New Testament church not me so don’t even try and twist my words.
I'm not twisting your words.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
@prodromos

Don’t get me wrong I do respect and value the Orthodox Church. For me though I don’t find it’s doctrine and teaching flawless. I especially disagree with the teachings of the Orthodox Church on the sabbath. But I do study your churches doctrine and value it. I do listen to ancient faith radio sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not twisting your words.

Actually you did. You said this: “You seem to have some foolish idea that as the Church grew and matured that it would remain identical to how it was in its infancy.“

And actually what I was saying was the exact opposite of that. That the church is not the same.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,724.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually you did. You said this: “You seem to have some foolish idea that as the Church grew and matured that it would remain identical to how it was in its infancy.“

And actually what I was saying was the exact opposite of that. That the church is not the same.
I am not the same as when I was a child but I am the same person. The Church today is the same Church established at Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came as Christ had promised, and began to lead the Church into all truth. It is the same Church, albeit all grown up.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am not the same as when I was a child but I am the same person. The Church today is the same Church established at Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came as Christ had promised, and began to lead the Church into all truth. It is the same Church, albeit all grown up.

I can agree with that in some ways. But do you seriously believe that the church has been led into “all truth” as it exists today in it’s current state? I suggest that you study the doctrine of the Seven Church Ages to fully understand.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
still looking for where Christ said or scripture says the Church Jesus founded is invisible.

I already told you. Luke 17:20-21. Yeshua is saying that God’s Kingdom is on the insides of our hearts and minds.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I already told you. Luke 17:20-21. Yeshua is saying that God’s Kingdom is on the insides of our hearts and minds.
this DOES NOT say the Church Christ founded is invisible, no matter how many time you try to say it does. You are trying to twist scripture to suit your own needs, not a good practice.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
this DOES NOT say the Church Christ founded is invisible, no matter how many time you try to say it does. You are trying to twist scripture to suit your own needs, not a good practice.

Have a nice day!

Bye For Now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.