we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
A shoe has to be well designed, the prettiest shell means nothing if the designer lacked a basic understanding of balance, stability and comfort. Wearing shoes, particularly heels, should not be painful other than the unnatural position one is forcing their feet into for extended periods of time and that relates to practice rather than function.

As I generally don't opt for shoes that are anything other than comfortable the deciding factor is looks, even my running shoes were ultimately selected because they were prettier than the other options.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
funny thing is my mother has told me for years to stay away from heels because they're uncomfortable and she's got some strange paranoia that I'll break my ankle in them (yes I know how to walk in heels, she's just a mother).

but I noticed during my west coast tour that I was most comfortable when I wore my boots (with heels). It made me about 5 inches taller, but my feet were happy.

Upvote 0

Megablue

아름사자암사랑해왜내마음을아프게했어
Feb 7, 2012
✟8,800.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
funny thing is my mother has told me for years to stay away from heels because they're uncomfortable and she's got some strange paranoia that I'll break my ankle in them (yes I know how to walk in heels, she's just a mother).

but I noticed during my west coast tour that I was most comfortable when I wore my boots (with heels). It made me about 5 inches taller, but my feet were happy.

My Ex used to wear 5 inch heels. She doesn't wear heels anymore at all after she broke her ankle and need surgery. She used to wear heels everyday, but accidents can happen.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
oh I was exaggerating. It did make me much taller, but they weren't five inches. maybe 3. Maybe.

And for a woman who is already 6 feet tall... that can definitely make you look much taller when you're in heels. No matter the height of the heel.

I should have gotten a picture of me next to Keri when I was wearing them for perspective. I looked like Amazon Woman or something.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would like these shoes

Summer-Shoes.jpg

also. I would buy these just to see the reactions I would get from people.

alexander-mcqueen-gold-butterfly-shoes-spring-summer-2011.png

Reactions: Socktastic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh shoes. I love looking at heels/boots/fancy shoes. But I'm a flats person. I think it has to due with the fact that I grew up barefoot, on the sandy beach.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It was early morning. I was walking to class. Instead of walking on the pavement like a normal person, I purposely cut through the dirt paths full of rocks, sticks, leaves etc. The first thought that came to my mind is how I love to feel the contours of the earth below me. I don't like the disconnected feeling that athletic shoes with their inch of foam, or heels give me by being separated from the ground I'm walking on. Kinda like Donna said earlier when she posted her Vibrams, it's nice to feel the earth. Anyway.

What I am wearing most frequently.

SO42026-2-0.jpg

Toms-Mens-CordGrey2.JPG

And since I couldn't find a picture online, I took a picture. I bought these in tan and black.
dy61bt.jpg

With that said. I'm very, very picky about the shoes I choose. I know the moment I put them on whether they are going to end up giving me blisters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i would sport these too 'cept they don't make them in my size. :(
Bummer. Sometimes websites have extended sizes, when stores don't.

I've only ever purchased black. I think my next pair needs to be something different. I'm sure I could find a color that goes with the majority of the colors I wear.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And ooh yey, I can finally get these off my computer:

shoes-boots-op-miley-22white_3.jpg

Nice job of putting white boots against a white background. Smaaaaaart.

Speaking of white boots, I think it would be cool if my future wife decides to wear something like these with her wedding gown. Maybe slightly taller, and without the fur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
how do they do for support though?
I think that's what I was trying to get at in my post. For people who have grown up in shoes with "support", flat shoes kill their feet. But I grew up in flats or barefoot so my feet have gotten accustom to the natural positions (I don't think our feet were meant to land on the heel...which is how the majority of support type shoes force your feet to land. Which is the reason for all that foam padding.) I can wear any of the above shoes for 12 hours and my feet are fine. I think you'll just have to wear a pair for a few days and see if your feet tolerate them.

Upvote 0