Oregon
✟109,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gender and race have nothing whatsoever to do with your feelings of inadequacy. I really hope you come to understand that. The solution is taking all of that to God and asking Him to reveal the truth about yourself to you. He has promised us healing if we ask for it believing and He will keep His word because that is who He is. It is His nature to be loving, kind, just, and caring.

Ask Him.

Wait a minute.....did you just flip things?
Thought you were struggling
I'm confused

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟109,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can we ever get over racism?

While there's a lull in the action
and the topic is floating around 'Poor me' stuff

Thought I'd post a little something a bit lighter

racists.jpg

Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,682.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I thought getting hit by a hurricane was bad, wow.
We need to turn from looking at self and letting our feelings control us...

"If you form too high an opinion of yourself, you will think that your labours are of more real consequence than they are, and you will plead individual independence which borders on arrogance. If you go to the other extreme and form too low an opinion of yourself, you will feel inferior and will leave an impression of inferiority which will greatly limit the influence that you might have for good. You should avoid either extreme. Feeling should not control you; circumstances should not affect you. You may form a correct estimate of yourself, one which will prove a safeguard from both extremes. You may be dignified without vain self-confidence; you may be condescending and yielding without sacrificing self-respect or individual independence, and your life may be of great influence with those in the higher as well as the lower walks of life. 3T 506

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for not getting to this sooner, we are packing up my dads house and he is living with us.

Another question that is also asked is whether racism is individual or systemic (institutional). There is a substantial group of people who admit there may be some individual racism, but claim systemic or institutional racism does not exist anymore in the US. This claim I believe is false.

To me, to be systemic means that there are laws that are inherently racist or company policies that are. What laws do you have that are racist? Which company's have racist policies? Claiming that there is systemic racism only works if you have examples to back up your belief, otherwise your claim may be built on nothing more than rumor or due to false placed emotion.If there are such laws then why are those never shown in the media?
I will preface this by saying I am a fan Candace Owens. She is black so she wins nothing if the country has systemic racism in its laws. She doesn't see the type of systemic racism most claim but rather a system that is crippling the black community by coming in the back door making them feel like victims while claiming to be helping them. The biggest murderer of black people she said is by abortion, that more black babies are aborted then born and this is the main course of the lowered black population. But instead of focusing on those millions the media wants to focus on police shooting black men. Why? Because it wants to stir up hate. She then talked about the literacy rate amongst black children, boys in particular. She talked about how the black family is being splintered. Illiterate boys with absent fathers grow up admiring gangs and get into crime. She also talked about black on black crime which far exceeds white on black. Her whole list of real issues is ignored while the media and government instead focus on blown out of proportion things, issues that stir emotions. I am much more swayed by her facts then overly emotional types taking something out of context and blowing up all over the media yelling racism.

The loudest voices claiming there is racism seem to be coming not from the victims (or supposed victims) of racism, but from those of privilege who recognize their privilege (like me) and feel moved to advocate on behalf of those that are victims of racism. There probably are people with a victim mentality that claim there is racism against them, but there at least as many non-victims that claim the same thing on their behalf. So I would not so easily dismiss claims of racism based on a victim mentality.

So something else I watched. White liberals were being asked questions about black people. The answers all seemed to be saying black people don't have access to this or that, or black people don't know how to use this or that. The overwhelming feeling from it was that these white people all viewed the black community as victims, all felt racism was a huge issue, all had this unintended condescending air of pity the poor blacks. They then went and talked to black people who were amazed by the answers and said yes they had access to this and that and yes they knew how to use this or that and did those white people think they were all stupid and that their pity was offensive.
So while you feel moved on behalf of victims you might want to check those victims truly are victims and are not some straw men made victims the media has put in front of your eyes to make you feel there are more victims around you than there really are.
Also feeling like a victim is one of the most debilitating beliefs for someone to hold. Encouraging someone to feel like a victim does that person no favours. Victim Mentality: 16 Signs and Tips to Deal with It now imagine millions in a community feeling like that, is that how a community becomes strengthened and capable? Quite the opposite, it cripples that community. No one would wish a victim mentality on their loved ones so it again begs the question of this so called 'help' the black community are getting. As Candace said in another video, the black community were incited to riot and burn down buildings, many apparently were black business, that gained them nothing except hurting their own community.

This is actually a good example to explain some things about the claims of racism. As an individual example, the shoplifter was wrong and deserved to be caught. The employee who stopped him cannot be faulted for doing so. There is no proof of racism in that individual case. But behind that individual case is a statistical generalization that tells a different story. What this one example does not tell us is how many times innocent blacks were questioned for shoplifting compared to whites. Focusing on this one case where the man was guilty of shoplifting is a form of cherry-picking when applied to the larger generalization of suspicion against blacks in stores where they appear out of place because of their race. The bystander in the example may have been thinking of this statistical fact, although she probably should not have brought it up in this case where the man actually was guilty. She should have saved her accusation for one of those other times when a black shopper is questioned or searched and found to be innocent.

Many similar cases are being used to blow up racism. Instead of looking at all the facts or at all of what was said something will be pulled out of context or shown from one angle all desired to drum up the perception of racism across the country. I believe you as an American are being sold hard on racism. Of course there will be individual racism, there will always be that Karen yelling at the delivery guy because he is black or Asian. If some store guard is racially profiling someone, is it store policy or is it his individual racism? Its an important thing to differentiate. Did you know in the 80's and 90's most people, both black and white felt racism was very low? This new wave is being whipped up by the media. Once people get riled up they get angry on both sides. Then from that anger there will come racism. If you expect racism this will reflect in your manner and speech. If you come over as being angry and mistrustful don't expect to get a warm reception. You will create ill will where there was none before.

A few days ago I saw something about a black little leaguer whose head was covered in some white cotton type material which sparked outrage. Instead of looking further, racism was assumed. Later on another picture was shown of both the black boy and a white boy with this on their heads. Apparently the white boy was emulating some player he held in high regard and had it first and the black boy had wanted it too. They weren't stuffing the black boys hair with cotton as an act of racism but because he wanted what the other boy had.
Quote "the organization stated that ESPN’s cameras “did not show the boys putting stuffing on the heads of multiple players and of Jeremiah laughing and loving his new ‘look.’ ” But no one wants that story. Lets assume racism first, second and third.

I agree. Most people are not racist. But the few people who are racist can do a lot of damage, as we saw in February 2020 when Ahmud Arbery was murdered while jogging in a white neighborhood.

I would have to look this up and gather all the facts. Wiki says this was a race based crime and maybe it was, no on is saying there are not raced based crimes, but I would want more facts.
Just because a person is black and is killed by someone who is white or the other way around is not a guarantee of racism. It's a possibility among many possibilities. But making white people out to be the oppressors and black people the victims and teaching that to children will not lead to some kumbia moment, it will lead to segregation, less understanding and worsening racism.

I agree with that too. In fact I was going to bring up that point to support the claim of racism. Since most black people in the US today are descended from slaves who had zero wealth, and whose families experienced undeniable institutional racism at least until the 1960's, the (racist) wealth gap was bound to persist. We can look at inheritance law as a form of institutional racism in that it helps keep wealth in the hands of the families that had it in the past.

If a family has money to pass down it isn't their fault. Yes there was slavery, yes that was a horrible thing, but that is not the fault of those children receiving the inheritance now, and dwelling on it helps no one. They are not to blame for what their ancestors did, because everyone can play that game. Slavery was world wide. Black slavery, white slavery,Asian slavery. Then most every country has been invaded often multiple times. The English invaded America, that was wrong but they had previously been invaded by the
Romans, the Germanic peoples, the Vikings, the Normans, the French, and by the Dutch who raped and murdered just as the English went on to do in the Americas. Point being no one is exempt, no one is special and no one race is the opposer and no one race the oppressed. I have Irish ancestry, there use to be signs saying "Irish need not apply" and the English withheld food to the Irish during the potato famine and thousands died. Did you know two native American tribes sent over money to help and there is a Kindred Spirits stainless steel statue in Bailick Park Ireland. I've always felt a connection and empathy for native Americans due to that, yet where are they ever in these 'black vs white' talks on racism? They are ignored.
Point being no one is exempt and no one is a class of special victim because of the past, except perhaps the ignored native Americans who do seem to still have things very bad. That seems to be more of an ongoing thing.
People sin and always will do. You can always look back over your shoulder and say they did this to me! And yes they did, but they can also point back over their shoulder and point to someone too. With black American slavery you can look back at those who bought them but they can also look back to the Africans who sold them in the first place. [/quote]

I had not heard that one before, but it makes sense to me. This factor is likely due to the fact that their family members are likely black as well, and are more likely to be in need. But if the poverty of their family members is caused by racism, then the effect of the middle income black families is by extension also indirectly due to racism. I can't help noticing that this factor of needing to help family members is, from a Christian perspective, a laudable act. It is odd that the
tendency of blacks to engage in this laudable act should be used against them. If anything, they should be rewarded for it, just like we have tax deductions for charitable contributions.

Again you have gone to racism as the reason for poverty. How about poor school systems and absent fathers. So long as the only focus is racism, which I believe is a small problem, then no focus is going on that list that Candace outlined.
Then you need to look at American laws which are all about keeping the rich rich and the poor poor and that goes for white poor people too. $7,000 to have a baby? Every other developed nation you can have a baby for free or very little. Then the US is the only developed nation with no paid maternity leave. This isn't racism is economic privilege/disadvantage. It's government in the pockets of big business.
To me the US hates babies and children and families and loves money and profits.

That is true. I do not blame racism for every individual inequity. But I am satisfied that you recognize the possibility of discrimination is the loss of black wealth after it is achieved.

I don't think I have been very specific on the "extent" of racism that you could confidently claim I go too far.

Exactly! And why should that be? Why should children in rich families get better government-supported education than children in poor families? Funding schools from local property taxes is an unnecessary inequity that could be remedied by spreading school funding over a larger area that includes both rich and poor neighborhoods alike. The same goes for public safety. Any service provided by the society at large (government) should serve all classes of that society equally. (There is still private schooling for those that want to pay extra for it.) The preservation of inequitable school funding is another form of racism. State governments do not consider poor neighborhoods and the people who live in them as important as the rich neighborhoods. That is why when the interstate I-94 when it came through St. Paul, Minnesota, avoided the rich neighborhoods and destroyed the vibrant black neighborhood of Rondo. That is why cities grant permits to industries that pollute to relocate to areas that already have a concentration of pollution, and where the poor (who are predominately black) live. These are not instances of individual racism where one person looks at another person of a different race and treats him unfairly. These are instances of institutional racism where no one is consciously making any racist decisions. Yet these institutional factors have a far greater impact on racial minorities than any individual act of racism.

There is more to your post that I should probably respond to, but maybe I will do that in a separate post.

Honestly going to have to wrap up I have rambled on long enough and I have another day of packing ahead to be able to do justice to this last section.

Basically your whole system needs an overhaul.
Affordable health care:
The average cost for one brand-name asthma inhaler is $292.91 without insurance.
How Much Do Asthma Inhalers Cost Without Insurance in 2021? | Mira
You know how much an inhaler costs here?
The cost of asthma medicines
$39.50
Education that focuses more on the basics like reading and history
Parental leave, get into the 21 century.
Your minimum wage? Is a laughing stock outside of the US. Something like $4? Its about $23 here. So long as the general public pay 20% plus in tips, business have no need to pay fairly. This doesn't just help black people but all poor people.
They happen to be mostly black, but I don't think any rich person or company cares about poor people no matter the colour of their skin.
Not that you as a US citizen can do much about it but gosh something has to give.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To me, to be systemic means that there are laws that are inherently racist or company policies that are. What laws do you have that are racist?
That definition is too restrictive. Systemic means anything related to the system of society in the way society as a whole functions. If racial covenants are written into property deeds, that is not a specific law, but it does systematic keep certain racial groups out of certain neighborhoods. If cities systematically locate polluting industries in poor neighborhoods composed mostly of racial minorities without much say in city government, that is systemic racism too, even though there is no specific racist law involved. If state governments systematically locate polling places that are difficult for the poor neighborhoods to access, while providing more convenient polling places with shorter lines, that is systemic racism too.

Many similar cases are being used to blow up racism. Instead of looking at all the facts or at all of what was said something will be pulled out of context or shown from one angle all desired to drum up the perception of racism across the country. I believe you as an American are being sold hard on racism.
On the contrary, America is more in denial of it's racism then most developed nations. Better examples are Germany in their acknowledgment of their Nazi past, and Canada in their more earnest attempts at respecting the "First Nations" (indigenous peoples).

I would have to look this up and gather all the facts. Wiki says this was a race based crime and maybe it was..
It was more then Wikipedia. The killers were found guilty of Federal hate crimes. If you want to look up the facts, review all the evidence that was presented at the trial. Do that before Googling "Were Gregory and Travis McMichael falsely convicted" because I'm sure you will find plenty of white supremacism websites that will say they were. You can find support for anything you could imagine on the Internet.

If a family has money to pass down it isn't their fault.
If a person unknowingly possesses stolen property, it is not his fault either. Yet he still has to give it back. Restitution does not imply moral guilt.

Again you have gone to racism as the reason for poverty.
I do not claim racism is the reason for each case of poverty. But when poverty is disproportionately correlated with race, some sort of racial reason is strongly suggested. I see two possibilities. One is that the races that are disproportionately poor are racially inferior and that is why they are poor. The other possibility is that they are systematically oppressed. Can you think of a third or fourth possibility that correlates with race?

How about poor school systems and absent fathers.
That just pushes the question one level deeper. Why do blacks have inferior school systems in their neighborhoods? As far as absent fathers, that is a myth. Black fathers of the same economic class are no more likely to be absent from their children's lives than white fathers of the same economic class.

Then you need to look at American laws which are all about keeping the rich rich and the poor poor and that goes for white poor people too. $7,000 to have a baby? Every other developed nation you can have a baby for free or very little. Then the US is the only developed nation with no paid maternity leave.

Amen, brother (or sister?)! I totally agree!

This isn't racism is economic privilege/disadvantage.
That is true, but given the starting conditions, poverty functions as a proxy race. Those that want to keep a racial minority in their place without actually using overt racial laws can do so by keeping the poor in their place. It serves the same functions, even if it does also catch a few poor whites. But people who are against certain races are often against certain economic classes too, so they don't mind doing that.

Basically your whole system needs an overhaul.
You are preaching to the choir here. I agree. It is terrible.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since none of you have any respect for those with differing viewpoints it's time all of you leave this thread as this the SDA members forum. I realize none of you knew that as very few people look to see what forum the are posting in.

No problem in that regard except none of you respect the opinions of the SDA's posting to this thread. Sorry you can't be respectful.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was looking at the news and they had a item on how even for popular figures in our culture they still are faced with racism at many levels...

"Racist 'Star Wars' fans aren't new. Why doesn't Disney do more to protect its actors?"

Racist 'Star Wars' fans aren't new. Why doesn't Disney do more to protect its actors?

Star Wars pushes back against racist backlash to new Black character

I come from a diverse background and grew up in South Florida with friends from all ethnicities and so didnt consider it issue to come into contact with underlying racism. But one incident was a eye opener that I never forgot. We had gone up North for a convention and needed shoes to be resoled, so we went to a shoe repair shop and asked if we could get them done. Well the answer was they were too busy, so we asked if we could bring it the next day and the answer was no, so we asked if at the end of the week and still it was no, so we asked when we could bring it and the answer was still they were too busy this or the next week or basically ever. I didnt think anything of it as we turned to leave, but my mother whose accent was definitely picked up, turned back and uncharacteristically called the owner out. That is when I saw the true cost and affects of racism..

I dont have a accent or look Hispanic so I had never really experienced it, but now my eyes were opened. Some say you just let it go no matter what, while others say that words cant hurt, but even they have a breaking point or line that can be crossed as there is usually action associated with the words. So is racism something that can be stopped or overcome, or will it be with us to the end?

Racism will die when there are no more stupid people in the world, if that answers your question. I’m guessing some time around when Revelation 20 takes place.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As long as people do not acknowledge it exists, we will never get over it.

Personally I don’t know anyone who doesn’t acknowledge that it does exist. I think there are differences in opinion of how prevalent it is.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question was: "Can you get over stealing, murder, corruption, adultery, etc....?"

Yes, I have gotten over the stealing, murder, corruption, adultery, et cetera, that white perpetrated upon the black people they brought from Africa for 350 years. I'm over that.

I’d just like to point out two things about this topic. It’s was the South Africans that kidnapped and sold those slaves to Americans and that slave trade had been going on with Arabians (POC) for centuries before America was even discovered.Just wanted to throw that out there. Not trying to justify what the American settlers did in any way but just wanted to make sure that we point the finger at others who were responsible for what took place as well.

• Informative
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the Democratic Party did foster racism around the time of the Civil War and shortly after as well. The Democratic Party was primarily in control in the slave holding states that had a vested interest in slavery and subsequently in keeping former slaves down. But the people in those areas have now switched parties. The former slave states are now the stronghold of the Republican Party. This transition happened during the time period around 1964 with the passage of the Civil Rights Act mostly by Northern Democrats. The Southern Democrats did not like that and they began to switch to the Republican Party, which historically was the party of Lincoln and freeing the slaves. The Republican Party of 1860 was the liberal party, bringing in new ideas of freeing the slaves. The Democratic Party was the conservative party, wanting to hang on to their glorious past as slave holders. Now the situation is totally flipped. The Republicans are now the conservatives and the Democrats are the liberals and the party that has taken up the traditional Republican banner of fighting racism. So we must distinguish between the parties of 1860 and the parties today.
I don't remember George Wallace switching parties

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember George Wallace switching parties
That's a complicated story. His era was during the transition I mentioned which took several decades. He certainly is not representative of the Democratic Party of this century. Even during his lifetime he began to explore other parties. Once he ran for President under the American Independent Party against the Democrat, Hubert Humphrey. And in the 1964 election, Wallace met with Alabama Republican leader James D. Martin with a proposal to switch parties if he could be named as Barry Goldwater's running mate. Goldwater rejected the proposal because he considered Wallace a racist, but the desire on the part of Wallace was there because he liked Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights bill. So while Wallace never formally switched parties, he was clearly dissatisfied with the emerging civil rights positions of the Democrats. Had he lived he likely would have become a Republican.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a complicated story. His era was during the transition I mentioned which took several decades. He certainly is not representative of the Democratic Party of this century. Even during his lifetime he began to explore other parties. Once he ran for President under the American Independent Party against the Democrat, Hubert Humphrey. And in the 1964 election, Wallace met with Alabama Republican leader James D. Martin with a proposal to switch parties if he could be named as Barry Goldwater's running mate. Goldwater rejected the proposal because he considered Wallace a racist, but the desire on the part of Wallace was there because he liked Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights bill. So while Wallace never formally switched parties, he was clearly dissatisfied with the emerging civil rights positions of the Democrats. Had he lived he likely would have become a Republican.
No he ran as a Democrat in 82 and had the support of black leaders, served another term as a Democrat starting in 83

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the discussion has been respectful for the most part..
So you think it's respectful to completely ignore those who have differing opinions and when they find out that they are doing this in an SDA members only forum in which they are not allowed to post except to ask respectful questions about SDA beliefs they completely ignore that fact. That is very insulting behavior, and deliberately so.

Wake up, reddogs.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That definition is too restrictive. Systemic means anything related to the system of society in the way society as a whole functions. If racial covenants are written into property deeds, that is not a specific law, but it does systematic keep certain racial groups out of certain neighborhoods. If cities systematically locate polluting industries in poor neighborhoods composed mostly of racial minorities without much say in city government, that is systemic racism too, even though there is no specific racist law involved. If state governments systematically locate polling places that are difficult for the poor neighborhoods to access, while providing more convenient polling places with shorter lines, that is systemic racism too.

"If" being the word, is there racial covenants written into property deeds? Or have you heard that there is and are passing it along? What proof do you have? You need facts like official paper work. But maybe all you have is he said so and she said so rumour.
I am not saying they do or they don't, but simply your say so is not good enough.

The question on pollution is are they polluting those areas because they are black (which would be racism) or because they are poor? We all know that economic privilege exists and I believe it far exceeds racism. I believe a rich black persons money will talk just as much as a rich white mans money will. Your entire economy panders to big business. Rich people can sue you and create bad publicity for your business, poor people can't.

If state governments systematically locate polling places that are difficult for the poor neighborhoods to access,
Again, do they? Do you have many examples or is this again just because you say so?

If a person unknowingly possesses stolen property, it is not his fault either. Yet he still has to give it back. Restitution does not imply moral guilt.
Nearly every person alive can play that point the finger game. One could claim the land you are on was stolen from native Americans and you should give it back, where are you suppose to go? Should all black Americans be shipped back to Africa? This isn't like a case of a stolen car. Black slavery to the Americas was big business for African kings. They sold their own people. It was even bigger business to the middle east and that didn't stop until fairly recently. Slavery was world wide and every race had slaves, millions of them. Many people are mixed now too so should they pay restitution to themselves? As someone who is Irish and English should I point fingers to my English side and claim restitution for the English trying to starve the Irish side?

It is what it is. Every country including the ones that invaded the Americans have themselves been invaded. The word slave came from slav, because Slavs ( as white as the driven snow if anyone is) were often forced into slavery in the Middle Ages. You cant keep pointing fingers because just about everyone could claim restitution.
What you can do now is make sure you have a country that gives a fair go to everyone. Starting with your shocking minimum wage.

I do not claim racism is the reason for each case of poverty. But when poverty is disproportionately correlated with race, some sort of racial reason is strongly suggested. I see two possibilities. One is that the races that are disproportionately poor are racially inferior and that is why they are poor. The other possibility is that they are systematically oppressed. Can you think of a third or fourth possibility that correlates with race?

From an outsider point of view I believe one reason for black poverty is the run on affect from slavery. If someone is poor, getting out of poverty can be very hard. Poverty begets poverty. But I also believe from what I have watched is that teaching someone you are a victim is immobilizing. I gave you a link last post on the effects that has. It cripples a community if they believe they have no hope. Teaching black children they are oppressed is one of the worst things the country can do. As the black father who stood up to the school board meeting said. So yes I feel some of that is going on.
Then the reading scores, if your education is poor you won't get a good job and what you can get is minimum wage-so back around to that. Why is the minimum wage so shockingly low in the US? Because big business in the government pocket. No paid parental leave, the US is the ONLY developed country with none. Again big business gets away with it because the government doesn't enforce some basic standards. I don't think they care if the poor are black, white or Latino but if more happen to be minorities I doubt they care. These people, including the white and poor are their slaves. I don't this form of slavery has ever stopped in the US.
An example I heard of was a lady who worked for Walmart. She got sick and took off one extra day and Walmart fired her. She lost her health coverage and was found dead in her apartment. It doesn't matter what her skin colour was, she was up a creek without a paddle because she was poor.

That just pushes the question one level deeper. Why do blacks have inferior school systems in their neighborhoods? As far as absent fathers, that is a myth. Black fathers of the same economic class are no more likely to be absent from their children's lives than white fathers of the same economic class.

Yes, why do they? I've heard schools gain funding form local areas? I guess poor areas have poor funding. Are some states poorer? I don't know.

Children need their fathers no matter their skin colour.

Amen, brother (or sister?)! I totally agree!
That is true, but given the starting conditions, poverty functions as a proxy race. Those that want to keep a racial minority in their place without actually using overt racial laws can do so by keeping the poor in their place. It serves the same functions, even if it does also catch a few poor whites. But people who are against certain races are often against certain economic classes too, so they don't mind doing that.

You are preaching to the choir here. I agree. It is terrible.

Sister. :)
The way I see it the US still has slavery, minimum wage slavery, and I think people can get caught up in this regardless of their skin colour. The only way I could see to change this is the federal government putting caps on things like medicine and making business provide acquitted wages and benefits. How to make that happen though?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you think it's respectful to completely ignore those who have differing opinions and when they find out that they are doing this in an SDA members only forum in which they are not allowed to post except to ask respectful questions about SDA beliefs they completely ignore that fact. That is very insulting behavior, and deliberately so.

Wake up, reddogs.

Sorry, no disrespect meant. I didn't even realize it was the SDA area, never checked.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,478,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people who were taught to be racist died off.
The last generation that was brought up in racial apartheid was us Boomers. We aren't dead yet. We're still largely in control of government, industry, and media.

But there will be a significant change that occurs when we do die off.

Upvote 0