AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our church teaches he can not read minds. In my experience I sometimes wonder about that but then if we read Job we see Satan searching for someone and God assigning someone. Job ! Ya know,
The book of Job does teach that Satan does not read the mind or heart. It specifically calls out Job not sinning in what he said.

Job 2:10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.​

My thoughts on Job is that he needed improvements in his heart that only God could see. According to his actions, that Satan could see, he was without fault.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angels are assigned to a task, they can't read thoughts.. Often the task is to deliver a message.
This is why the commander of the angels is the Son of God. He knows our thoughts.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can Satan read our minds and thoughts too and tempt us accordingly?

Satan is not omniscient nor omnipresent. He does not have the ability to read minds. But he does understand the sinful nature of man. The only knowledge that Satan has, is because God has allowed him to know such things. Satan requires God's permission to do anything. Read the book of Job.

By and large, I suspect that Satan does not spend his time trying to tempt every individual on the planet. He does not have to, the heart of man is already depraved apart from the grace of God. God restrains the evil heart of man.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Where are the verses that back up the claim that we are supposed to be able to find everything we need in the Bible? That sounds like a new and unbiblical tradition of men. Jesus founded ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". That ONE Church teaches that Satan cannot read our minds or thoughts. Therefore God Himself has so stated - IF you believe what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Where are the verses that back up the claim that we are supposed to be able to find everything we need in the Bible? That sounds like a new and unbiblical tradition of men. Jesus founded ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into ALL truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". That ONE Church teaches that Satan cannot read our minds or thoughts. Therefore God Himself has so stated - IF you believe what the Bible says.

The one church ( the true church) is the Church The Body of Christ.. All born again believers are members. If you want to talk about "traditions of men" going array, it never does this more so than leaving scripture behind for teachings of men from their own books created from truncated scripture, made into what they want to believe. When a person receives the Holy Spirit in their heart, along with that comes a spirit of discernment, without that you will never know truth regardless of what religious organization you belong to who claims to be #1..

Last edited:
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever prayed to God in your mind before? Like if you're in a public place and don't want to disturb anyone? You know for sure that God is listening because God is omnipresent and God can read our minds and thoughts. But what about Satan? Can Satan read our minds and thoughts too and tempt us accordingly? I watched a sermon on YouTube recently that said that Satan cannot. But he never gave any verses to back up his claim. Are there verses in the bible that prove whether or not Satan can read our minds and thoughts? Or is it all just conjecture?

Because sometimes it seems like Satan can read our thoughts.

Ist Kings 8:39 KJV will answer your question entirely .
The answer is no Satan cannot read your mind and thoughts.
He would have to be omniscience which he is not , only God is omniscience.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

SOrthodox

Jan 26, 2017
ROMANIA
✟15,879.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you ever prayed to God in your mind before? Like if you're in a public place and don't want to disturb anyone? You know for sure that God is listening because God is omnipresent and God can read our minds and thoughts. But what about Satan? Can Satan read our minds and thoughts too and tempt us accordingly? I watched a sermon on YouTube recently that said that Satan cannot. But he never gave any verses to back up his claim. Are there verses in the bible that prove whether or not Satan can read our minds and thoughts? Or is it all just conjecture?

Upvote 0

SOrthodox

Jan 26, 2017
ROMANIA
✟15,879.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
He can not actually read our tgought but he can understand what is in somebodys mind looking at his face expresion his gestures and so on that means that he almoast read our thoughts. Also he deal with the magnetic field changes and other stuff like this. And he look how we react at his wislers. A kind of psihologist work.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No ... but he and his minions can and do in varying degrees put forth things to distract and influence our thinking and to that which is not of God. he is the master of deception. satan knows we are very inclined to sin. With Jesus He helps us overcome these inclinations, and it is a earth life-time process.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SOrthodox

Jan 26, 2017
ROMANIA
✟15,879.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
No ... but he and his minions can and do in varying degrees put forth things to distract and influence our thinking and to that which is not of God. he is the master of deception. satan knows we are very inclined to sin. With Jesus He helps us overcome these inclinations, and it is a earth life-time process.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I used to speak to the enemy, without physically speaking, for many, many years.

Yes, he can hear that. However, I’m not sure if he can hear those who don’t have his spirit or that of another familiar spirit. Unlikely, since even when I would give “readings” before, I couldn’t “read” those who had the Spirit.

Explanation:

“Readings” are done by contacting a familiar spirit or demon, which contacts likewise around the target person, and relays the information back to the “reader”. In every instance, “reading” opens doors for those spirits, wider than before, and in every instance, those entities exact a price from both parties.

Conclusion:

If you have faith in Christ and have the Spirit, you need not worry about the enemy in your head; he can not enter.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you have faith in Christ and have the Spirit, you need not worry about the enemy in your head; he can not enter.
This is actually not entirely true. Demons can enter into born-again Christians who have the Holy Spirit, if the Christian sins enough or partakes in the occult, new age or false "Christian" spiritual practices. I had some for a long time after I got born-again, because it took me a long time to be delivered due to the state I was in when I got saved, and because I didn't believe that a born-again Christian could have them. And I have cast out many different spirits from born-again Christians, some that entered after they received the Holy Spirit, some that entered during childhood.

But yes, a fully delivered, born-again Christian who stays obedient to Christ, resisting the devil and sin, not double-minded, not quenching the Holy Spirit, has nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case these days when deception is everywhere in the Church.

Also, there are many, many different evil spirits that can be inside a person.

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is actually not entirely true. Demons can enter into born-again Christians who have the Holy Spirit, if the Christian sins enough or partakes in the occult, new age or false "Christian" spiritual practices. I had some for a long time after I got born-again, because it took me a long time to be delivered due to the state I was in when I got saved, and because I didn't believe that a born-again Christian could have them. And I have cast out many different spirits from born-again Christians, some that entered after they received the Holy Spirit, some that entered during childhood.

But yes, a fully delivered, born-again Christian who stays obedient to Christ, resisting the devil and sin, not double-minded, not quenching the Holy Spirit, has nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case these days when deception is everywhere in the Church.

Also, there are many, many different evil spirits that can be inside a person.
Goodness, if you’re playing with the occult, the Spirit isn’t in you. Where there is sin, HE will not be.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Goodness, if you’re playing with the occult, the Spirit isn’t in you. Where there is sin, HE will not be.
That is not entirely true. Yes, where there is sin, the Holy Spirit isn't in there, and if we sin, that part of us spiritually dies. Evil spirits cannot be in our spirits or our innermost beings like the Holy Spirit is after we are born-again, but they can still attach to or enter our bodies if we allow them.
And the Holy Spirit will still be in the rest of our being and in our innermost being if we quench Him, He won't leave altogether. The temple will be defiled, but it will still be God's temple. He is merciful. Sorcery is equated with sexual sins, idolatry and murder in the Bible, and Christians unfortunately commit those sin too sometimes. Revelation 21:8, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. When Paul warned Christians in his letters against sorcery, sexual sins etc, he did not say that the Holy Spirit had left them, but instead he urged them to repent. If someone continues in those sins, they will not inherit the Kingdom, but they are not the unforgivable sin and they can still repent. We don't lose our salvation every time we sin, only if we persist in sin and don't repent when God convicts us or chastises us. If someone repents, God forgives them, cleanses them and fills them with the Holy Spirit again. I'm not saying it's okay to sin, because it isn't, but that most Christians do sin, and especially if they are new Christians before their minds are renewed. We have to show mercy to them and not condemn them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can Satan read our minds and thoughts too and tempt us accordingly?
He can bring thoughts which have us thinking what is not right. But if we are with God, thinking what He wants, God is able to keep Satan from being effective against what God has us thinking.

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?" (1 Peter 3:13)

So, even in case Satan can know what we are thinking with God, God can keep Satan from effectively messing with us.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Is Satan a soul? Our minds are part of our souls. The only thing the Bible says about angels (Satan is a fallen angel) is that they are ministering spirits. Satan is a spirit. So to answer your question, just as God is a Spirit and wants us to commune with him by our spirits, Satan perceives our spirits, too. What and how much he can perceive, is another question that we do not know. So when you pray with your mind, you thoughts are expressing what is in your heart and spirit.

On the other hand, Jesus spoke to the demons in the Gadarene out loud. Likewise we command spirits to leave with our voice. They are spirits in the spirit world, yet they can hear us from the physical world.

Ultimately it does not matter anyway if you are born again Christian. Unless you are willfully sinning, Satan has no place in you.

• Agree
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not entirely true. Yes, where there is sin, the Holy Spirit isn't in there
The Holy Spirit is omnipresent. How then can He not be in the presence of sin when He is everywhere? David said,

Psa_139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

When we willfully sin, we do not lose the presence of God, but we take our eyes off of him and lose our sense of his presence.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Holy Spirit is omnipresent. How then can He not be in the presence of sin when He is everywhere? David said,

Psa_139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

When we willfully sin, we do not lose the presence of God, but we take our eyes off of him and lose our sense of his presence.
I agree, and thanks, I didn't think of that. I was thinking more of inside of our temples. I do believe that the Holy Spirit is NOT inside us before we are born-again, only after we are born-again, although He is around us. Would you agree? But I don't believe that a born-again Christian can walk in the flesh and in the Spirit at the same time, because they are at war. We cannot be in Christ and sin, but we can move without Him, not obeying Him and then we can sin. So if the Spirit has filled us completely, there can be no sin, but if we quench Him, there can be sin inside us, and eventually evil spirits if we sin enough. Am I making sense? And would you agree?

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont believe he can read minds and know our thoughts unless we speak it.

I do believe he can put thoughts into our heads however (tempting us with lusts, anger, etc... those little whispers that appeal to our fleshly nature.)

That is why I believe Jesus SPOKE get behind me instead of simply thinking it.

Peter thought that he was saying the right thing to Jesus (in his mind) but Jesus knew that while Peter meant well in his human understanding, he was being used by satan. Thus "Get thee behind me..."

Upvote 0