Can prayer really heal "anything"?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟548,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I mean by this is....can we as Christians heal and be healed through faith/prayer alone? For instance, I have been feeling as though I might have MS. Could the Lord cure that, just through prayer? I'm just curious how it all works. I feel as though I believe. But I wonder if its not enough, and that's why I'm still feeling ill.
Begin to take communion on a regular basis in your home. Know that the scriptures say that BY HIS STRIPES YE WERE HEALED! (1 Peter 2:24)
Jesus offered His body to be beaten, brused, and crucified so that healing would be provided to all who "discern the Lord's body." If you take communion and understand why Jesus offered His body up on a tree, then you will not be "sick or weak" and you will not die young.

1Corin 11
9: For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30: For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Honor the sacrifice that He endured for you sake. He suffered so that you would not have to!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟548,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry Harry but I have to disagree.

Rev 2:21 and I gave her time that she should repent, and she will not repent of her fornication.
22 behold, I cast her into a bed, and those that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works,

The bed referenced here is the 'sick bed'. Yeshua himself declares sickness over the unrepented sins of those claiming to follow him.

It doesn't pay to be a Jezebel within the church.
Well the key to that is to repent and be healed.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Harry but I have to disagree.

Rev 2:21 and I gave her time that she should repent, and she will not repent of her fornication.
22 behold, I cast her into a bed, and those that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works,

The bed referenced here is the 'sick bed'. Yeshua himself declares sickness over the unrepented sins of those claiming to follow him.

It doesn't pay to be a Jezebel within the church.

Just wrong, no statement about a sick bed, and to say someone is a Jezebel if they are sick is nonsense or your not healed due to uncontested sin in their life is just cruelty. Your teaching works instead of grace, and your are destroying the faith of sick people around you. They have to live up to your reasons for your lack of faith, which is mainly fear. Fear tolerated is faith contaminated.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How are you, Malachi? Have your read any of the materials suggested? What has ministered to you so far? What has brought hope?

I find for myself that it's not only the information I take in, but what I repeatedly think on and talk about that offers the biggest change in my life. We often have to change our thinking, that is when it hasn't been God's thoughts on the matter.

Think on Jesus, on how He wants you whole. Think about the fact that He went to the cross bearing your sin AND all your pains and diseases. Isaiah 53:4 Take communion as one suggested and think about how it was for you Jesus suffered, so won't have to. Give thanks to the Lord for His mercy! With a mighty hand He has saved you. :)

Please let us know how you are and what you've been doing.

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,104.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to pop into this thread to share. It was this thread a month or so ago that got me thinking that God may want me healed of my afflictions.

I have suffered from chronic neck problems and headaches from a sports career earlier in my life gave me several concussions. I have spent a lot of time at a chiropractor and even went to a doc for a cat scan. It was getting to the point where I had to get my neck worked on daily. On top of all this these concussions had mental repercussions in the form of anxiety and OCD which began to seriously effect my life in a negative way.

After reading some Smith Wigglesworth and stumbling upon this thread I decided one night as I layed on my couch to ask God for His healing and believe it will be done. As I drifted off to sleep I did not doubt and when I awoke in the morning for the first time since I can remember my neck no longer hurt and my worries seemed to have melted away. the devious struggles of OCD was reduced as well.

A month or so later I still feel great. I thank God everyday for what He did. Anytime I feel those symptoms return I remember what God did for me and they disappear.

Anyways just wanted to share! Hope you all have a great day and God bless!

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a tremendous testimony! I am praising God with you, brother! Thank you for sharing. I think you ought to copy/paste it onto the testimony thread that preachermike started.
Just wanted to pop into this thread to share. It was this thread a month or so ago that got me thinking that God may want me healed of my afflictions.

I have suffered from chronic neck problems and headaches from a sports career earlier in my life gave me several concussions. I have spent a lot of time at a chiropractor and even went to a doc for a cat scan. It was getting to the point where I had to get my neck worked on daily. On top of all this these concussions had mental repercussions in the form of anxiety and OCD which began to seriously effect my life in a negative way.

After reading some Smith Wigglesworth and stumbling upon this thread I decided one night as I layed on my couch to ask God for His healing and believe it will be done. As I drifted off to sleep I did not doubt and when I awoke in the morning for the first time since I can remember my neck no longer hurt and my worries seemed to have melted away. the devious struggles of OCD was reduced as well.

A month or so later I still feel great. I thank God everyday for what He did. Anytime I feel those symptoms return I remember what God did for me and they disappear.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What a blessing. Praise God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Copland , and Duplantis they have a good friendship, so I don't know who said it first.

Fear tolerated is faith contaminated.

I am now hearing Jesse Duplantis teaching on "Understanding Christ In Me" and guess what he just said... "fear tolerated is faith contaminated." I think Jesse started this quote but they probably all use it...

Greater works....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am now hearing Jesse Duplantis teaching on "Understanding Christ In Me" and guess what he just said... "fear tolerated is faith contaminated." I think Jesse started this quote but they probably all use it...

Greater works....

One of my favorites is ,John Hagee. He said you better,pack up,and look up,cause were going up!

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One of my favorites is ,John Hagee. He said you better,pack up,and look up,cause were going up!

up, up and away, I'm ready to go...beam me up Jesus! :bow:...however, He says to occupy until I come...

Greater works....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What I mean by this is....can we as Christians heal and be healed through faith/prayer alone? For instance, I have been feeling as though I might have MS. Could the Lord cure that, just through prayer? I'm just curious how it all works. I feel as though I believe. But I wonder if its not enough, and that's why I'm still feeling ill.

be careful about this one. the last thing you want to do is to let bad health into your body just because you feel that you 'might' have it.

thru the Name of the Lord you have both the power and the authority to forbid satan to lay this on you.

he is a deceiver, and he will whisper the suggestion to you that you might have MS, but don't believe him. Don't entertain those thoughts and ask yourself 'what if i do have MS'?.

God's will for us is ALWAYS good, not bad.
So agree with God in prayer that He has ALL the power and the authority for good in your life, and that He has given to you, His daughter in Christ, all authority to rebuke satan and deny him entrance or access to your body because your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit that dwells in you as He does in every Christian who claims Christ as their saviour.

As such you belong to Christ and satan has no right of entrance.

Rebuke satan in the name of Jesus Christ, and he must leave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
be careful about this one. the last thing you want to do is to let bad health into your body just because you feel that you 'might' have it.

thru the Name of the Lord you have both the power and the authority to forbid satan to lay this on you.

he is a deceiver, and he will whisper the suggestion to you that you might have MS, but don't believe him. Don't entertain those thoughts and ask yourself 'what if i do have MS'?.

So agree with God in prayer that He has ALL the power and the authority for good in your life, and that He has given to you, His daughter in Christ, all authority to rebuke satan and deny him entrance or access to your body because your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit that dwells in you as He does in every Christian who claims Christ as their saviour.

Amen! :clap: Amen! :clap: Amen! :clap:

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My easy answer is this....

Indeed Prayer can in fact heal anything!
Amen!

The problem though is that sometimes God uses things in our lives for His will that sometimes we can not comprehend.
This, though, is teaching contrary to Word/Faith (something that is against the rules for congregational forums, please!)

God's will comes first. He's given man a free will and dominion; so man can mess up and take on the curse. It is man that allows the bad to step in. It is never God who puts the bad on us or uses bad things (like sickness) to teach us. If we allow something to touch us, God will certainly show us a lesson in our folly, but His will is to get us back on the right path, the path of good, the path of health. The path of shalom! Set before you is Blessing and Cursing, Life and Death: Choose Life!! (If God put sickness/curse/death on us He'd be in conflict with His own Word.)

I will pray for you
Amen. We can all agree here!!

Upvote 0

alancrookham

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][b
Oct 5, 2008
Texas
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. I have been on the mission field for over ten years, and I have seen God heal AIDs, cancer lots of times, crippled limbs, blinded eyes, and on and on it goes. As a matter of fact, I saw an entire hospital wing healed just a few months ago here in Panama. There we dozens of kids healed of huge tumors, snake bites, fevers, and other things.

I don't have time to write out all the details now, but if you want, you can download my book The Living God; it is story after story of miracles that I've seen personally. The book is free, you can just go to New Heights Ministries Home and click on the download link.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
up, up and away, I'm ready to go...beam me up Jesus! :bow:...however, He says to occupy until I come...

Greater works....

LOL. Yes we have to make sure that we are doing exactly as He has requested when He does arrive on the scene here lol.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Agreed.

Matthew 18:18 "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Just look at the Message translation lol:

"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."

Upvote 0