Indianapolis
✟16,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus often spoke of himself along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, Baptise in the name of...... etc.
And in which scripture does Jesus explicitly state He is God, or for that matter the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And in which scripture does Jesus explicitly state He is God, or for that matter the Holy Spirit?
Apart from them He never did, etc...

But many think, and because of certain scripture that He was laying claim to diety, and was claiming to be God, etc, which I think He was, etc, and He never said He was the Holy Spirit, but that He had the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit was with Him, etc, as He said it would be for us who follow also, etc, after His death and resurrection, and ascension, etc...

Anyway and said those three together were or are God, when it exists that way, etc...

Jesus was showing us a Trinity in Himself while here, but I don't think He'd say He alone was the or that Trinity all by Himself ever, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FallenAndBack93

Sep 27, 2019
Indianapolis
✟16,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Off the top of my head, Jesus told the Pharisees he was the "I AM." They understood his meaning.
He did not say He was "The I AM," He said "before Abraham was, I am."
How can it be concluded this scripture proclaims Jesus as God?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, we do not need prior knowledge of Jesus before we come to him. Remember Jesus and the little children. No knowledge there. First we come to Christ, and we feed on the milk, then the strong meat follows. Blessings.
but the question is do we need full understanding of Christ before we come to him. Again I refer back to the initial call of the disciples of simply "follow me" the same "follow me" invitation that was given to a Muslim who had no knowledge of Christ outside of the Quran yet he made a choice to follow Christ, first as a saviour then later as the Son of God because this choice to follow Christ let to a revelation that only the Father can give, not unlike the revelation given to Peter.

If not the examples of the disciples then pick any person in the gospels that comes to Christ.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He did not say He was "The I AM," He said "before Abraham was, I am."
How can it be concluded this scripture proclaims Jesus as God?
He is before and after all things, or other beings, in and or through Him were all things made, or were ever caused to become to be or exist, etc... Apart from him nothing exists, nor can exist, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
He is before and after all things, or other beings, in and or through Him were all things made, or were ever caused to become to be or exist, etc... Apart from him nothing exists, nor can exist, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
The Pharisees understood that was what Jesus was claiming.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Anyway,

God Bless!
But was He God the Father...?

Or God the Spirit...?

Quite literally, or in every exacting way I mean, etc...? Equal and were always 100% equal in everything or 100% in every way, etc, always, etc...?

Which One can still be apart from the others, etc, or apart from "everything and all of us", etc, cause that's what Christ is, everything and all of us, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
but the question is do we need full understanding of Christ before we come to him. Again I refer back to the initial call of the disciples of simply "follow me" the same "follow me" invitation that was given to a Muslim who had no knowledge of Christ outside of the Quran yet he made a choice to follow Christ, first as a saviour then later as the Son of God because this choice to follow Christ let to a revelation that only the Father can give, not unlike the revelation given to Peter.

If not the examples of the disciples then pick any person in the gospels that comes to Christ.
My answer, which you have there in front of you, is NO we do not need prior knowledge of Jesus before coming to him.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My answer, which you have there in front of you, is NO we do not need prior knowledge of Jesus before coming to him.
The Father will draw you to Him (Jesus) way long before full knowledge a lot of the time, etc...

God Bless!

• Informative
Reactions: 1an
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does a person have to have a full and accurate and true genuine complete full knowledge, or knowing or understanding of your Trinity before they can be saved...?

And seeing as you won't even ask some of the most minor questions about it, greatly increases my doubts that you have a full and 100% complete and/or accurate genuine and 100% true understanding about it at all either...

Jesus did not say He is the Trinity, ect, was not part of The, or His own testimony about Himself ever, etc, biblically, etc, so how can your view of the Trinity be 100% totally Biblical, (cause it's not, etc)...

Said that God was a Trinity, and that He was God, but not that He was the Trinity, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
Those who study and reject the trinity do not know Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Those who study and reject the trinity do not know Christ.
Do you mean those who have onced studied and have come to full knowledge of the trinity, but then reject It or Him or Them, have not come to know Christ yet, etc...?

And if so, is it always required, etc...? in all and every single case, etc...?

And I refer you back to post #60 of mine, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean those who have onced studied and have come to full knowledge of the trinity, but then reject It or Him or Them, have not come to know Christ yet, etc...?

And if so, is it always required, etc...? in all and every single case, etc...?

God Bless!
Can a false Christ save?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Can a false Christ save?
Does one have to always come to, or always have a full knowledge, or a 100% knowing and full knowledge, and complete full revelation of God, before they can be saved...?

And in all and every single case, etc...?

Again post #60, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.