Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lots of men are, especially when they are attracted to them, probably has to do with a fear of rejection or failure in most cases. There is a perceived pressure to appear perfect before women. And women can make very harsh judgments prematurely based on very superficial things.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lots of men are, especially when they are attracted to them, probably has to do with a fear of rejection or failure in most cases. There is a perceived pressure to appear perfect before women. And women can make very harsh judgments prematurely based on very superficial things.
This. I get so nervous trying to figure out ways not to screw up.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2004
✟11,699.00
Faith
Other Religion

Is this unique to men? I've felt this way every time I'm in pursuit of a guy I'm really into.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You guys have boobs, girl boobs, and they hold a magical spell over us.

All joking aside, it has a lot to do with fearing rejection, and that you guys have certain ways of making things crazy complicated for us (granted, I don't mean all women, but it's true haha).

For example; in high school when a dude annoyed another dude, it was rather quickly dealt with with words. When a dude really annoyed a girl, it became a week long drama where she slowly turned everyone on the guy. I saw this happen...repeatedly haha. That can be intimidating.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by Schneiderman
This. I get so nervous trying to figure out ways not to screw up.

Oookaaay...this is pretty much how I feel around men. Geez, it's a "who's on first" situation. :doh:...I'm doomed. :dead:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this unique to men? I've felt this way every time I'm in pursuit of a guy I'm really into.

I don't know, I'm not a girl, and haven't discussed this kind of thing with a lot of girls personally, and the few I did are now known to be completely insane so it may or may not be fair to generalize girls based on that.

Upvote 0

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can say this: if a guy is the least bit attracted to a girl, the girl can get away with a LOT- silly things, stupid things, rude things, mean things... if a guy is attracted to a girl he will forgive her for murder. This of course can be true with girls too but in my experience it does not manifest itself in the same way, or as often. The point is that, based on my experience as a guy and knowing plenty of other guys and understanding how guys think, I would assert that girls have very little to worry about when it comes to "screwing up" in front of a guy early on in a friendship/relationship and really don't have anything to be intimidated about in terms of the way they act.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can say this: if a guy is the least bit attracted to a girl, the girl can get away with a LOT- silly things, stupid things, rude things, mean things... if a guy is attracted to a girl he will forgive her for murder. This of course can be true with girls too but in my experience it does not manifest itself in the same way, or as often. The point is that, based on my experience as a guy and knowing plenty of other guys and understanding how guys think, I would assert that girls have very little to worry about when it comes to "screwing up" in front of a guy early on in a friendship/relationship and really don't have anything to be intimidated about in terms of the way they act.
The flip side is true with women though.

I get nervous as I am trying to get a woman. I don't feel intimidated though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The flip side is true with women though.

That argument can be made and I can't really fight it. As I said, I'm not a girl. However, my experience- both personal and based on talking to other guys- leads me to disagree with the assertion.

I get nervous as I am trying to get a woman. I don't feel intimidated though.

Yes, there is a distinction. I would say the same thing about myself, when I have pursued girls.

Upvote 0

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, if we are talking about men being physically intimidated by women as in being afraid of being hurt by them... of course a man can be intimidated in such a way, but I personally never have been, with the glaring exception of almost every female Marine I have met. Other than that I have been beaten and stabbed by girls but they still don't scare me.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That argument can be made and I can't really fight it. As I said, I'm not a girl. However, my experience- both personal and based on talking to other guys- leads me to disagree with the assertion.
I wasn't trying to argue that guys don't get intimidated or shouldn't. There is no should or could with this. They do. I was responding that, what you stated isn't in particular to guys only. Women can and do go through the same thing.

Upvote 0