Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not convinced but could check it out. I suppose it could be like the time of Noah but not exactly so to be angels. But it can not be that marrying in those times is wrong if you are marrying someone who is Christian not compromising your faith but I suppose it could be wrong then if it becomes wrong but Paul said in last days people will forbid marriage that it is God will it seems so Christians multiply unless there is proof that God does not want it for a purpose that He has a will but we know even if one did if it was sin and God does not come person can repent but if it was wrong one should not as one may not get chance to repent but bible says you only need to leave person you marry if you did wrong if they are not willing to accept you to follow your faith.

The Hebrew scripture does not speak in terms of angels "marrying" women. That wording we get too often in English translations, by translators who were too prudish and timid to say it like it is.

Here is more like it...

Now it came to pass, when had begun to 'become numerous'/multiply on the face of the earth
and daughters/'beautiful women' had been born unto them . that the sons of God (angels) kept
watching the daughters of mankind . . .that they were very beautiful . . . and they took/'seized
passionately' to them women (of all whom they examined and selected). Gen 6:1-2​

See?

" And they took/'seized passionately' to them women..." That is not about marriage!

That was not a marriage that was going on concerning those angels that fell! Those angels simply took women they wanted to have sex with.

Young's Literal Translation gets closer to the Hebrew and avoids the prudish socially acceptable term pertaining to 'marriage.'
and sons of God see the daughters of men that they [are] fair, and they take to themselves
women of all whom they have chosen." YLT

Marriage, eating and drinking, in context of the days of Noah? That only speaks of the humans on earth during the days of Noah. Having normal relationships.

You are drawing a parallel in that area with the sons of God (angels) to mean the kind of marriages warned about. Its only human marriages in regards to marriage. Those angels did not marry the women. They simply took them whom they pleased and had sex with them.

So, in the end times? Those "given in marriage" only speaks about normal human relationship. Its not about angels having promiscuous sex with women. It will not be allowed for again! For, those angels after the flood God locked up in a prison! 2 Peter 2:4-5 + Jude 1:6!
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains
of darkness to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the
flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others."
And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling
—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

grace and peace,,,,,

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I suppose if they are angels born that had not yet been tested but I am not sure it could mean literally the people who were the chosen people of the line of Seth who taught the true faith and knew it who also had therefore the chance to communicate with God knowing it is true for it says after Seth men began to call on the Lord for they began to experience God but some of them left what their fathers taught them though they experienced God and married daughters of men that did not worship same God.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suppose if they are angels born that had not yet been tested but I am not sure it could mean literally the people who were the chosen people of the line of Seth who taught the true faith and knew it who also had therefore the chance to communicate with God knowing it is true for it says after Seth men began to call on the Lord for they began to experience God but some of them left what their fathers taught them though they experienced God and married daughters of men that did not worship same God.

The angels with women produced a hybrid body. Those born of the angels could not have been given souls because having a soul would have disqualified them from the atonement of the Cross. For Jesus died as a man only. Not as an angel. Jesus died and bore the sins of human bodies only.

I believe the offspring from those angels had to be given spirits like that of angels, not human souls. In that way? Being spirits from birth meant that they were naturally spiritual. They did not need to be born again to become spiritual. So, during the days of Noah's preaching they had full cognizance of what Noah's preaching intended.. leaving them to be without excuse for refusing to repent and turn to God.

The following passage I believe speaks of those hybrid spirit hybrids alive on earth before the flood took place.
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and
preached to the spirits (not souls) in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the
Divine long suffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which
a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. " 1 Pet 3:18-20​

There is a reason for every passage being worded the way they are! Those hybrids were disobedient in their refusal to repent and be saved.

The offspring of the angels and women were naturally spiritual and had no excuse for not grasping the preaching of Noah.

grace and peace ..................

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The line of Seth theory can't work. For why were there suddenly giants being produced?

Unbelievers have been married to believers .... And, producing offspring that is superior to the sum total out from such a combination, would be counterintuitive. It makes no sense.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
Ok what you say makes sense was going to accept until I read passage that the bible implies marriage was done by men as it says after marriage the Lord said He would not strive with man forever what was the man sin if it was angels. It says they were the mighty men of renown so they would be men who were giants that some were such then. What you say can only be true if man was evil I suppose the men and women were evil to allow marriage with angels for it does not say what men’s sins were before that caused God to want to destroy them so I thought it could be men who followed true God themself which married others who did not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok what you say makes sense was going to accept until I read passage that the bible implies marriage was done by men as it says after marriage the Lord said He would not strive with man forever what was the man sin if it was angels. It says they were the mighty men of renown so they would be men who were giants that some were such then. What you say can only be true if man was evil I suppose the men and women were evil to allow marriage with angels for it does not say what men’s sins were before that caused God to want to destroy them so I thought it could be men who followed true God themself which married others who did not.

Angels in the OT were sometimes called "men."
For in their physical form they appear to be men.

Then the Lord appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting
in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold,
three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door
to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground."
Gen 18:1-2​

In Genesis 18 it states that three men appeared to Abraham.

Yet? Later on we discover that two of the 'men' were angels to be sent to Sodom.

And let us not forget...

"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some
people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."

Heb 13:2

grace and peace ..................

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I see but why did God destroy human if it was angels sins it implies that it was humans sins that it is why He destroyed in saying such sins caused God to say My Spirit will not strive with man forever implying It is humans in saying they will live to 120 years at max

Upvote 0

LesSme

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area
✟29,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

From Pastor Winger’s YT description:

Know that I don’t endorse these different works. They are resources showing a wide variety of interpretations from the most strict to relatively lenient. If you want to go deep on this topic then I recommend reading several authors, especially those you disagree with.

ARTICLES: John Piper, “Divorce and Remarriage: A Position Paper” https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/... Raymond Westbrook, “The Prohibition on Restoration of Marriage in Deuteronomy 24:1-4” https://www.wisereaction.org/ebooks/w... this is where he gives his case for the first marriage involving a man keeping the ketubah and the second marriage involving the woman getting it. Wayne Grudem, “Grounds for Divorce: Why I Believe There Are More Than Two” (the infamous paper delivered at last year’s ETS) http://www.waynegrudem.com/grounds-fo... David Instone-Brewer’s article on ancient marriage and divorce papyri. http://www.tyndalearchive.com/Brewer/... The Damascus Document https://www.academia.edu/28913750/The... Carol Osburn article refuting David Pawson’s view that the Greek shows second marriages are continual adultery. “The Present Indicative in Matthew 19:9” https://digitalcommons.acu.edu/cgi/vi...

BOOKS: David Pawson - “Remarriage is Adultery Unless…” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00... Gordon Wenham, “Jesus, Divorce, and Remarriage: In Their Historical Setting” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08... Wenham, Heth & Keener, “Remarriage after Divorce in Today’s Church: 3 Views” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00... David Instone-Brewer, “Divorce and Remarriage in the Bible: The Social and Literary Context” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00... See reviews of Instone-Brewer’s work here (Gagnon’s negative review and I-B’s response are particularly interesting) https://www.divorce-remarriage.com/ Craig Keener, “…And Marries Another: Divorce and Remarriage in the Teaching of the New Testament” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080... Jay E. Adams, “Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in the Bible” probably the single book I’d recommend if you were only going to read one book and wanted extended advice for pastoral ministry along with simple but thoughtful treatment of the Bible passages in question. https://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Divor... D.A. Carson’s commentary on Matthew https://www.amazon.com/Matthew-Exposi...

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You are much better off being separated from those churchians who want their church to be a showcase for perfect people. That's what churchianity is all about.

It shows that they never cared for you as a person and fellow believer. You were just a b*m on a seat for them. The only thing that would have missed about you is your $20 in the offering plate each Sunday.

Well said. That would explain why they were untruthful to me when I inquired of their policies while counseling was in progress. If the marriage were saved, then they could proceed with the narrative that "God can save any marriage".

It would have been more honest and honorable for them to say that getting a divorce would subject me to disciplinary action. At least I would have received fair warning, and had the chance to act accordingly. But I guess that didn't work for them. Maybe they wanted to kick me out instead of me leaving on my own accord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I agree if by covenant means that in the marriage was an agreement that a person did not accept for another to say that it is not for life commitment unless person breaks covenant to walk away if person believes and person did not have children if have children should be content to only stay married if person does not walk away but if person cheats can remarry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
A remarriage, from my understanding, can only happen IF the firt marriage is not a covenant marriage

The problem with that is that there are no classes of marriage. There is no biblical basis for any distinction between a "covenant" marriage vs a "non-covenant" marriage. These terms are not defined in Scripture.

In Scripture, marriage is marriage. What would have to occur for a marriage to qualify for "covenant" status? If so, where is this written?

This isn't to say that there aren't situations where continuing the marriage would be inappropriate (Mark 6:18 might be an example of this). Only that there is no caste system among marriages.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I mentioned below I would seek to be single just because that way would be satisfied since others claim it is so need to be but it is not worth pleasing men to allow them to disrespect if Christian’s always judge not to and don’t even respect other Christian’s not to be united teaching hope.

For I should not let them take advantage and also not to support wrong behaviour for them to accept to treat others wrong that they may be ashamed to reject others.
Also society also tries to prevent it to make it hard for people to be hard for others to be home owners so better to to shame them to do so so do plan to marry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I mentioned below I would seek to be single just because that way would be satisfied since others claim it is so need to be but it is not worth pleasing men to allow them to disrespect if Christian’s always judge not to and don’t even respect other Christian’s not to be united teaching hope that I should not let them take advantage and also not to support wrong behaviour for them to accept to treat others wrong that they may be ashamed to reject others and also society also tries to prevent it to make home owners hard for them so if I have to shame them to do so so do plan to marry.

It's difficult to see what your point is, because your post lacks punctuation.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The bible says as it was in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage and did not know until the flood came and took them all away so it will be when the son of man returns

In the days of Noah marriage was a sin because sons of God married daughters of men that is the non spiritual people

I thought marriage is never a sin if person is Christian as Paul said he who marries has not sinned but such will have trouble in the flesh

But could it be a sin if the other person possibility may not be a true Christian if they are not of similar background to atleast be born in Christian family though it is possible one is a Christian if one is not

What other situations is it a sin ?

But how can it take them by surprise if Christ will come after the tribulation do you think some will not even believe they are in the tribulation because how then can it take them by surprise ?

My dad says when Paul says in the last days people will forbid marriage it means because people will live together without getting married I don’t think however it is necessary to get married and have kids you may not raise in God if one is not spiritual but this means people should not sin and if they do they must repent

I am convinced now that I should not marry because it may not work out my father thought it was good for me though I don’t have to and my grandfather
my dads father told me before he died he wanted me to get married but my father said I don’t have to listen to him if I thought it was good and I was able to do something for the Lord I would think to get married but I think being single is being more profitable for the Lord the barren has more children than one who is married because you should not make people feel they have to get married which being single is maybe more safe and good for some and you don’t know if you will meet one suitable

unless I am convinced being married is good if I meet one suitable I don’t think I should get married
Most people should marry. I was divorced 28 years ago and I never expected to remarry. I am 71. I was married to a widowed friend October last year. It's great! Paul's advice was applicable to a particular set of circumstances in the church of Corinth. In some situations in the world today, marriage may be not a good idea. Mostly it's a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I decided I would not seek to marry but seek God best will for my life that I should not complain as many could not though that is not good reason but to also show to others care for what is most important that others take seriously to serve God though those who could can but I should support what is right. That I won’t choose for myself unless I feel God really wants it to lead me to it.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I decided instead to seek marriage as I see already other Christian’s mock that there are some things you never again get like opportunity and it would help to get to be more productive to have children to support Christians to marry that it is better unless person has talent to do other thing and respected for better for others to marry because others try to take advantage of not to respect.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
I have seen that none of people cared for what I thought God wants to consider me to show even care conversation playing games even if they don’t think I am ready to talk to encourage me to improve to marry that others would accept if I do what I can to find work for otherwise they are judgemental if I am willing to work that essential needs can be met that others even said it is wrong and others saying it is not God will if you desire it and God does not show you if and who He wills as you seek God so am not interested in people anyway for they are not good Christian’s and I dont have confirmation God wants me to so not safe and am blessed anyway I don’t need I just wanted because I thought it important that society is not arrogant to make fun of me but they are not good people anyway that I don’t have to prove a point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have seen that none of people cared for what I thought God wants to consider me to show even care conversation playing games even if they don’t think I am ready to talk to encourage me to improve to marry that others would accept if I do what I can to find work for otherwise they are judgemental if I am willing to work that essential needs can be met that others even said it is wrong and others saying it is not God will if you desire it and it does not come to you as you seek God so am not interested in people anyway for they are not good Christian’s and I dont have confirmation God wants me to so not safe and am blessed anyway I don’t need I just wanted because I thought it important that society is not arrogant to make fun of me but they are not good people anyway that I don’t have to prove a point.

You'll get a lot of people claiming to know God's will for you. What special authority do they possess? What makes them think they have any business making such claims?

I dealt with the same thing myself as I was dealing with my own divorce. I had people pressure me into "reconciliation" with my ex. I was all 'do these people seriously think I didn't already go to great lengths to find a path towards a reasonable reconciliation?' I did not pursue a marital dissolution until it was clear that no such reconciliation was possible. They wanted me to keep at reconciliation efforts. Until when? Until I die of old age? Until she petitions the courts for a restraining order against me? My refusal to continue upon a fool's errand does not constitute a lack of faith or obedience to the Lord.

I also made it very clear that I intend to date and eventually remarry. I have every right to do so and will recognize no doctrine that claims otherwise.

• Friendly
Upvote 0