Can I use a ouija board to communicate with God?

LowPost42

Friendly Neighbourhood Canuck
Jul 1, 2017
Ontario
✟18,104.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a discussion earlier today we were discussing what happens in the spiritual if a born-again believer uses a native war drum to worship God?

The current argument is that the redeemed individual sanctifies the instrument.

Following the logic, is a ouija board an acceptable tool to communicate with God?

(For the record, I am not, nor have I ever endorsed using a ouija board to talk to God)

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In a discussion earlier today we were discussing what happens in the spiritual if a born-again believer uses a native war drum to worship God?

Following the logic, is a ouija board an acceptable tool to communicate with God?

1 Cor 10
19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

A ouija board isn't anything but wood and plastic--it has no ability to communicate to anything. The question assumes that ouija boards can be used to communicate to spirits, it can't. It's a child's toy.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Native war drums, like guitars are instruments that has someone at the helm who has hopefully given their talents over to God for His use. Interestingly in the OT times it was the musicians that led into battle.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A ouija board isn't anything but wood and plastic--it has no ability to communicate to anything. The question assumes that ouija boards can be used to communicate to spirits, it can't. It's a child's toy.

-CryptoLutheran
It's demonic.

Countless stories heard both online and offline attest to there being power behind a Ouiga board. It's not all just suggestive thought activity - there are other things at play as well.

Are Tarot cards are "just cards"? How about Wiccan rituals?

Play with fire you'll often get burned.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not my testimony. But it does belong to someone here on CF and they shared this publically awhile back. Take it however you want to, but again, leave ouija boards alone, its not just a childs toy. And with all due respect I will not comment any further. You can't change what the bible was made for, neither can you change a ouija board and what it's made for, quit being deceived. Here is her story and God bless:

True Story **WARNING**
I'll speak of what I know to be true on my deathbed. to add to this thread.

First off, NEVER mess with the occult unless you are happy to reap any consequences.

This is a true story and ONLY one of them.

When I was 16 a made a ouji board. lucky for me nothing happened because my heart wasn't in it, actually, that's the best time, because your unaware! But it told us things it spelt things out which we laughed off. They came true.

I told my English lit teacher, and he began to tell the whole class a story about him and his grade colleagues at uni. They got a outhit board one night and played it.

They wrote a name down they never heard of before. The board spelled a name...
Brian brown

They put the board away and went back to their rooms. My teacher ( a very genuine and sober man) said he kept hearing his name called but couldn't see anyone there and he passed out but felt like he banged into an invisible wall(his own words)out in the hallway. The paramedics took him to hospital with a cut above his eye that needed stitches.
On his return the professors who taught the uni asked if he was ok and what had happened. The teacher told him the truth and said they were given a name brian brown( I've changed the name to protect the innocent) they told the the chaplain and he looked aghast. My teacher asked what was wrong. The teacher told him Brian was a student here a few years ago and after breaking up with his girlfriend he got drunk by the river and fell of a bridge nearby. He was killed and was found with a cut above his eye.

In the same place as my teachers!
Coincidence, maybe.
But he rubbed his eye and showed us the stitches.
I went home and told my brother who also went to that uni at the time and he verified the story of Brian's death.

Now I don't know what was responsible for my teachers accident,and neither was he, but he looked quite disturbed and told the whole class never to mess with things that.

Many Blessings

To be honest I've never in my life touch one. Once when I was younger I went to a sleepover and my dear friend at the time had one in her room. Only I had never noticed it because most of the time we watched movies or worked on artwork together. This particular night she wanted to take this Ouija board to the cemetery beside her house.

I was immediately against this idea so stayed behind in her room while the others went and played. Let me just say I was raised to never play with those things so I was afraid of them. Once they returned they seemed very panicked keep in mind we were all 16 at this particular time. I asked was everything okay and they began to tell me everything. I ended up going home that night because I was so creeped out by what they shared.

Now perhaps this was coincidence or maybe not, but my friend ended up taking her own life 3 months later. She kept telling me this man Sam wouldn't leave her alone. I asked who is Sam? She reminded me of the game she had played that night. A spirit or demon as she believed went by Sam and was tormenting her.

Well I'll be the first to tell you my friend was acting different after playing that game. I honestly believe there are things in this world that we just cannot explain. I've had so many theories about her ending her own life. I know God is real just like I know the devil is also very real. So maybe it wasn't so much the board game being evil... but maybe that opened up a weak spot in my friend for the devil to prey on.

I just wouldn't play with those things just to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's demonic.

Countless stories heard both online and offline attest to there being power behind a Ouiga board. It's not all just suggestive thought activity - there are other things at play as well.

Like giving permission to demon activity it would seem.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In this case, I'm going to have to suggest that you refer to the prohibition(s) written in the Old Testament against utilizing the evils of sorcery and divination; and add to this the account of how King Saul's interaction with the Witch of Endor resolved itself, and why.

I think this is the pattern for discerning as to whether or not you--as a Christian-- 'should' use a Ouija board to attempt communication with God.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's demonic.

I don't believe objects are capable of being imbued with some kind of power. As a Christian I do not believe in magick.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe objects are capable of being imbued with some kind of power. As a Christian I do not believe in magick.

-CryptoLutheran
It's more to do what the object is used for, and the attached meanings behind the object. Like what was said in the thread, it's about doors being opened.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As a Christian, you should, considering scripture says and implies in many places that magic is a real thing.

I can't think of a single place where the Bible says magic is real.

The Egyptians weren't master illusionists, they were practicing real magic.

Were they? Is cheap imitation of God's power for the purpose of deception anything but a cheap parlor trick?

Also, it's more to do what the object is used for, and the attached meanings behind the object. Like what was said in the thread, it's about doors being opened.

Christ died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again. Resist the devil and he will flee.

There are far too many Christians who want to glorify the devil by believing that he has great, nearly God-like power, and thereby honor him and speak highly of him--when he is nothing but a worm tread beneath the sandal of Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

-CryptoLutheran

...well, then, so much for the story of Pharoah and his magicians who confronted Aaron and Moses. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
...well, then, so much for the story of Pharoah and his magicians who confronted Aaron and Moses. :rolleyes:

How so? Why do to believe that Jannes and Jambres had power to create life. In order to believe that they were capable of illusion, trickery, and cheap imitation?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How so? Why do to believe that Jannes and Jambres had power to create life.

-CryptoLutheran

I for one am not asking you to believe that Jannes and Jambres had power in and of themselves. But, I do think we know 'where' they got their power of limited imitation from...and it wasn't from the Lord. ;)

Upvote 0