Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've been looking online for information about whether or not Russian Sage is juglone tolerant and cannot find an answer readily. Does anyone know if Russian Sage can grow near walnuts? And while I'm asking about that, does anyone know if Foxglove is juglone tolerant as well?

ETA: The Russian Sage I have is called 'Denim in Lace', if that helps at all.

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
According to this list - Juglone Tolerant Perennials - Foxglove (Digitalis) is tolerant.

I don't know about Russian Sage. It does like full sun, though, so might not be good to plant near a shade tree anyway.
Oh thank you for the link about the foxglove :D

The Russian Sage will get about 6 hours of sun where I'm planting it; it'll be on the outskirts of a walnut but still close enough that juglone might be in the soil. I guess I'll just plant it and keep an eye on it if it looks like it's getting sad I'll move it somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh thank you for the link about the foxglove :D

The Russian Sage will get about 6 hours of sun where I'm planting it; it'll be on the outskirts of a walnut but still close enough that juglone might be in the soil. I guess I'll just plant it and keep an eye on it if it looks like it's getting sad I'll move it somewhere else.

You might send a message to one or two of the many online nurseries that sell Russian Sage and get their input.

Upvote 0