✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you

Especially for the last part. Christianity is a lifestyle? I like that. I want that lifestyle.

Hi IAAN,

My understanding is that, yes, christianity does lead to, and results in a different 'lifestyle', but it's based on a totally different worldview. I believe that the worldview change comes before the lifestyle change.

I was actually thinking about you today as I was driving to pick up some materials for a job I'm doing. I asked God to strengthen you and I pray that you'll seriously consider my words regarding the worldview change. There are really far too many who attach the name of 'christian' to their identity, but are still living in the same worldview as most everyone else.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
HI CD, You're right, I do. God also does. He has said that He will be found by those who diligently seek Him. He doesn't say that He might or He could be, but that He will be found by those who diligently seek Him.

Now, this leaves us with two possibilities. God's a liar or you don't understand what it means to diligently seek for God and have just let people tell you that they have and left it at that. Believing that if they say they have, then they have.

My guess is that you don't really know what it means to diligently seek for something. You ask people, "Have you read the bible?" They answer, yes. "Have you prayed about it?" They answer yes. But diligence is more than just taking some planned out steps and going through them and when you get to the end of those steps you've done due diligence.

Yes, I've also heard people say that they've studied the Scriptures and haven't found God. I've even talked with atheists who will tell me that they know the 'bible' better than most christians and yet they don't know God. What I know of those people is that while they may tell me that they 'diligently' sought for God, I know that they didn't. God is not a liar! The person in question just doesn't understand what it means to 'diligently' seek.

Listen, go with what you believe to be the truth. Me, I'm going with God every time.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
Diligently: to seek him in complete honesty and truth, (spirit and truth) all of the sincerest of sincerity of heart, and genuineness of heart...

Did you (that person) do that...? Honestly...? Be completely honest with yourself, and us; did you truly do this?, If not, go back and "try, try again" till you do, then you'll find what you seek (God)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jrg40

Feb 3, 2013
✟7,836.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Am I wasting my time seeking God? I am a nonpracticing homosexual. I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. I hate my sin. I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe gays can be saved. This is sad. But I will continue pray for his mercy. But I wonder if I am wasting my time.
Based on the details you have provided, I would say absolutely you can be saved. Homosexuality is a serious sin (as really all sin is). Based on my personal knowledge of Scripture, however, it is not a sin that was not attoned for at the Cross. The only requirement on your part would be to put your faith in Christ which would include repentance from that sin. Based on what you describe, you have done that. The only sins that can ultimately damn one to hell would be unbelief and inpenetance of sin.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hi IAAN,

My understanding is that, yes, christianity does lead to, and results in a different 'lifestyle', but it's based on a totally different worldview. I believe that the worldview change comes before the lifestyle change.

I was actually thinking about you today as I was driving to pick up some materials for a job I'm doing. I asked God to strengthen you and I pray that you'll seriously consider my words regarding the worldview change. There are really far too many who attach the name of 'christian' to their identity, but are still living in the same worldview as most everyone else.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Thank you

And thank you for praying for me.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Diligently: to seek him in complete honesty and truth, (spirit and truth) all of the sincerest of sincerity of heart, and genuineness of heart...

Did you (that person) do that...? Honestly...? Be completely honest with yourself, and us; did you truly do this?, If not, go back and "try, try again" till you do, then you'll find what you seek (God)...

God Bless!

Hi neogaia,

Thanks for the response, but you need to forward that to CD, who I was responding to. I agree with you 100% We take people at their word without really knowing whether they understand the act of 'diligence' as God must be using it in the Scriptures. God has simply said that He will be found by those who diligently seek Him. So, I believe Him. If someone tells me that they did, but they didn't find God, then they didn't really 'diligently' seek, at least as God understands diligence.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Jesse the fact that you are celibate is a clear indication that you have turned away from your lust so don't listen to those who give you the idea that you haven't.

The scripture does not say we are delivered from sin. What it does say is we are delivered from the POWER of sin as in sin shall no longer have dominion over you.

Our walk is a daily walk. If I go through the day without sinning (and he will tell us if we have sinned) then I can rejoice. If we sin, however, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

Can't get cleaner than that!

No, it can't

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
If you're a member of Steven Anderson's church, and he's the pastor who had that issue with the border patrol, my sincerest suggestion is find another church. He had every right to refuse the officer's instructions, but, did he have to exercise that right just because he can ?
Didn't the Bible say: as much as is in you, live peaceably with all men ?
That said, he is also wrong that gays cannot be saved.
I guess he forgot about the sodomites (there was no word for homosexuals in the Greek of Paul's time) in the church of Corinth, who had stopped practicing their homosexuality.
There is no sin beyond the atonement of the blood of Christ, NONE, save the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
The fact that you are burdened by your sin, is an indication that you might already be regenerate, born again, born from above, or whatever your church calls it, because only those who are regenerate can be bothered by sin.
I said "an indication" because I don't know how true your words are that you do not practice homosexuality.
God bless.

That is fair.

And I thank you.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Jesse, there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian. There are Christians who struggle with an unwanted same sex attraction but that is not a sin.

I will stop calling myself homosexual.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Who exactly is Pastor Steven Anderson? Since when was he authorized to dispense God's mercy?

You know, I have the same problem you do, except that I am a non-practicing inappropriate contentography addict. I was addicted for decades. I hated my sin, I went to counseling and men's groups made specifically to deal with this sin.

About six years ago, I was delivered, but the stain and passions still remain within. I have a hard time looking at any woman with purity of mind, and I often go to Confession to confess and keep going in the battle. And that's what it is - a battle.

I wish I could give you a big brotherly hug and tell you that I am proud of your decision to fight against your sinful inclinations. We all have them, you know. Do not give up. If God could forgive St. Paul, who murdered Christians, if God could forgive so many of the saints in history, many of whom had very evil lives, if God could forgive even me (my full story would probably curl your hair!), then He can and will forgive you and He will be your Father and guide throughout this battle with your passions.

Thank you for sharing. God bless

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Based on the details you have provided, I would say absolutely you can be saved. Homosexuality is a serious sin (as really all sin is). Based on my personal knowledge of Scripture, however, it is not a sin that was not attoned for at the Cross. The only requirement on your part would be to put your faith in Christ which would include repentance from that sin. Based on what you describe, you have done that. The only sins that can ultimately damn one to hell would be unbelief and inpenetance of sin.
"Dedication and commitment to repentance from that sin", is more appropriate, cause it may not happen overnight... And if it doesn't, and you "slip up", first forgive yourself, (cause he does) and rededicate yourself to your commitment to repentance, and have a penitent heart about it with God, and dedicate yourself to your commitment to repent, and try, and try, and be asking for help trying, till you get it down and get it right...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Hi neogaia,

Thanks for the response, but you need to forward that to CD, who I was responding to. I agree with you 100% We take people at their word without really knowing whether they understand the act of 'diligence' as God must be using it in the Scriptures. God has simply said that He will be found by those who diligently seek Him. So, I believe Him. If someone tells me that they did, but they didn't find God, then they didn't really 'diligently' seek, at least as God understands diligence.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
Who's CD?, can you provide a link? Can't seem to find him/her...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
For me the issue is whether people are wilfully committing sin and the OP as non-practising is clearly not. He has denied the flesh in favour of God. I dont treat homosexuality any different to any other sin. If someone is wilfully sinning and not repentant they are not trying to live in the fullness of Christ. That could be homosexuality, adultery, coveting, pride, stealing, being a drunkard (which I consider to be different to having drink in moderation), etc.

Thank you.

I will admit that sometimes it feels my sin is the worst.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who's CD?, can you provide a link? Can't seem to find him/her...?

God Bless!

Crystal Dragon,

Just click on the post I was responding to and it will take you to that post.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To be blunt, I find that ignorant and deeply insulting to people who have honestly searched. What this tells me is that you cannot fathom an honest search that comes up short. You have an erroneous belief that people who seek god find him but to hold to this you have to exclude anyone who 'diligently searched' and yet failed to find god, and claim they're not true Christians, or pretenders. Say someone likes eating junk food, then decide to eliminate it from their diet after learning what's in it and the harmful things it could do. Would they suddenly "not have eaten the right junk food"? Or someone who becomes a vegetarian was never really a meat-eater?

There's testimonies out there of those who were strong in the faith once, and I'm sure you could find more if you looked.

From Bible-Belt Pastor to Atheist Leader

Current Or Former Religious Leaders Not Believing In The Supernatural

God Bless!

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
Yes you can be saved. Jesus Christ came to die for us because we are perfectly incapable of being "good" enough for heaven. No one is good. Homosexuality is no different than adulterous lying mad man lusting after married woman. Last time I checked the list of abominations in proverbs didnt include Homosexuality. Though it is a sin and the OT says it is an abomination, that doesn't mean you can be saved. Many people have hated people, lusted, murdered and yet these were "men of God" in the Bible. That's why Christ came, to save an imperfect unqualified peoplease to His righteousness and His holiness, not that of our own. You see the Bible is full of imperfect people, and don't let anyone tell you, you have to be good enough. It's not about us being good as if it's a merital performance. It is about trusting His fully provided provision for your sin. And by your trust and belief in what He has done you have victory because He has already defeated ALL things 1 John 5:5. You have won because He has, you are Holy because He is, you are saved because He is our perfection. Just believe in Him, trust in Him. Amen you can be saved right this moment. If you have any questions shoot me a message. Amen. I hope you have a very blessed day my brother.

You have a blessed day as well. And if I have questions, I will ask you. Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
i'd advise a bit of caution there. Singleness is said to be a Gift from God. The Greek text uses the word --transliterated to English letters here-- Charisma, which is the same term used when Paul discusses Spiritual gifts. In the Ephesians 2:8 passage, the word is doron, which simply means gift.

The implication is strong here: Celibacy is a gift of God, not something we do in our own strength.

However, you know what else is true? The gift is the same whether one is homosexual or heterosexual. It is something that must be given by God, or you fail.

The sad fact is that in sexual matters, the only righteous outlet is heterosexual marriage. Believe it or not, we heterosexuals have a more difficult time with that than homosexuals if the statistics concerning adultery and fornication are to be believed.

i have no doubt however, that one must wait on God's timing.

i know this because i was 60 years old before i got married, even though i prayed every day for a wife from the time i was old enough to know what that meant.

God does things in His time, not yours. That would include completely healing you and bringing you into a position where you can deal with your sexuality in a Godly fashion, be it through singleness or heterosexual marriage.

However, like Rosaria Butterfield, who i linked in my last post, you undoubtedly have other issues to deal with as well. It might well be God's intention to have you deal with those issues first.

This is helpful.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
No you are not wasting your time.
Romans 10:9-10 says
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. This is the only requirement for salvation. There is nothing we can do to earn our salvation. This is by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ.

When we are saved, the Holy Spirit indwells us and washes us by regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost." We become new creations in Christ will began to see fruits. This does not happen over night.

Based on what you stated above, You are already saved. You said

"I am a nonpracticing homosexual (New creation- 2 Cor 5:17) .

I believe in scripture that calls sin by what it is. (agree with God and believe his word John 20:31)

I hate my sin (Confessed sin and repented- I John 1:9).

I struggle with lust, but I do not act on my lusts.
"Let me explain further. Live your life as your spiritual nature directs you. Then you will never follow through on what your corrupt nature wants (Galatians 5:16).

In order to continue to live Christ like and not give into your desires you are going to have to control your thoughts. Here are some scriptures that will help you:
Phil 4:8,13; II Cor 10:5.

Also here is an example of how Christ fought the devil when he tried to temp him (Luke 4:1-13). Use your mouth to speak and remember that temptation is not sin. Only when you give into it. God bless!

That's a good advice. Scripture does say our mouths are powerful weapons. We can use it to bring death or life.

Upvote 0

IAMANOBODY2015

Worthy is the Lamb
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Somewhere in Washington
✟51,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
These forums seem to offer so many conflicting opinions.

I will give you my experience. I have personally witnessed people being set free from homosexuality and many other sins/issues.

I agree with you that sin is sin. And I find it strange that we make homosexuality a bigger sin than all the other sexual sins, when all it really is, is sin.

And Jesus gave good news concerning sin...

Corinthians 15:55-57
"The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 6
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

Dear brother, I believe you can be free from sin. I can quote so many more scriptures that show that we truly can walk free from sin! It contradicts so many theologians, but it is so clear in scripture. I have personally witnessed the power and the reality of it (not just in my own life, but also in others). Jesus has set me free from depression, eating disorders, lust and anxiety, and I have friends and family members who Jesus has set free from homosexuality. (checkout this testimony!) :raisedhands:

Jesus has set us free from sin, He calls us the righteousness of God (2 Cor 5:21), saints (Eph 2:19), Holy (Col1:21), etc. but if we're continually calling ourselves "sinners saved by grace" then it is no wonder that we are still stuck in sin. If sin is your focus, you will produce fruits of sin. If your focus is God and His righteousness, you will produce fruits of righteousness (Romans 8:5-9).

My whole life I walked around with the weight of being a guilty sinner, thinking 'at least Jesus sort of loves me, eventhough He is still disappointed in me'. When I understood the truth - the weight of salvation that Jesus purchased for me (Romans 6), I lost the weight of condemnation and shame (Romans 8:1) and my life truly felt new (2 Cor 5:17). I started walking in freedom everyday and before I knew it, months and months had gone past without even entertaining a lustful thought! Sin has certainly came to tempt, but I am now secure in my identity as a daughter of God, as a saint, and what used to rule me now seems like an outside force trying to get back in.

Brother, many will disagree with me, but I ask you, did Jesus come to bring hope and salvation, or did He come to bring condemnation? (Jesus came not to condemn, but to save John 3:17) Did Jesus come for us to be born again into His own image, or to remain under the power of darkness (Eph 5:8, 1 Thes 5:5).:newmoon::wancrescent::wangibbous::fullmoon:

Any teaching that does not enable you to be free (For freedom Christ has set us free Gal 5:1), is not one you should adhere to.

You can be free! :)

For some excellent teaching on this:
Romans 6!!!
Dan Mohler - Google his stuff. GOLD.
Jesus died on your cross / (Many other great articles on this blog)
The Jesus School

All the best! :) God loves you my friend! He has a destiny and a purpose for your life!!!

Thank you for sharing

And for your questions, yes Jesus came to give us hope and salvation; and yes Jesus came to conform us to his image.

I will check those links out.

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is helpful.
You can find Rosaria Butterfield's videos on YouTube. When she speaks at college campuses and religious events, she mandates that there be a question/answer session. Those often proved to be helpful and informative.
One quote comes to mind from those presentations that reinforces the thought we just discussed: "God did not save me from homosexuality, He saved me from unbelief." --Rosaria Butterfield.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
You can find Rosaria Butterfield's videos on YouTube. When she speaks at college campuses and religious events, she mandates that there be a question/answer session. Those often proved to be helpful and informative.
One quote comes to mind from those presentations that reinforces the thought we just discussed: "God did not save me from homosexuality, He saved me from unbelief." --Rosaria Butterfield.

Hello dear brother and welcome to "the race" ...Yes , I believe you can put on the helmet of salvation in order to run the race ...What an amazing God we have to bring you to repentance. I was born as a "womanizer" ..a fornicator, etc. taught by society that it was fine. But by God's great mercy, he came and found me ...I am still tempted ( because most women do not love others enough to dress modestly ) but I have been faithful to my wife for over 4 years now. (My wife divorced me when I repented and stopped cheating ironically but that is another story. ) I am writing to give you hope because our hope is not in ourselves but in His faithfulness. It is a battle but He who started a work in you will finish it. Lust is lust and many Christians justify heterosexual lust but no difference. Where sin abounded grace did that much more abound .....I will tell you this . In order to seek Him more diligently, I did give up TV and most if not all entertainment ...I do not have time nor do I find it fruitful ..there are too many perishing and I need to spend time " in the vine" . Oh , I am so happy for you !!! Run the race my dear brother..pray often ( always ) ..take jobs that do not require much from you so you may pray while you work ...run the race and be busy storing up treasures in heaven ! Be careful and do not let anyone talk you into "a ministry" . We are ALL ministers of God's mercy if we carry His name. Remain humble and let Christ be your strength ...I hope to see you on " That Day " May the God of all grace give you strength , hope and peace through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Upvote 0