LauraThomas

Nov 4, 2010
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
I saw this message on Faith Prevails and it struck me as a sign from God. I have been having this problem lately with feeling like I can't help people. I can't get them to move towards their own salvation. I'm not good at arguments. I just get all tongue tied and embarassed. I found this rapper I thought was Christian. His name was Evil Ebenezer but I thought he was trying to repentant, trying to turn evil to good. Then I saw his video: Ghostbusters on Youtube. :angel:There were all these terrible images of a Priest drinking, a woman being crucified and a demon cuddling a Jesus statue. It all sat wrong with me. Then this poor woman comes into tell them that Evil shouldn't have a video up there where children could see it. Where they talk about a Priest doing drugs and all kinds of other sins. Then all these people said horrible things about her and her family. One of them said he would rape her kids. I want to fight these people. To make them repent their evil but I don't know how. What should I do?:groupray:

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To make them repent their evil but I don't know how. What should I do?:groupray:

MY SISTER,

Your first job is to clean your own house. When this task is completed, God will direct your efforts where and when He wants them.

:bow:ABBA'S FOOL,
ephraim

Upvote 0

christandisrael

Sep 19, 2005
✟899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The movie could have presented its message in a different way. Of course, what is happening is wrong, but they could have shown it in love. One of the fruits of the spirit is gentleness and it should show things in gentleness and not a firm way. Also, some priests are known to have sexually advanced people and that is never okay.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hi Laura,

I really feel for you. Especially about that video ... I've seen similar crap and it makes me sick to my stomach. But it's not just videos ... for example I like to write poetry, and on my favourite poetry forum you can find satanists too with their crap. I guess we have to live with it without adapting to it. I also like computer games ... but there are games nowadays I can't play anymore with a good conscience. But I do hope that things will get better some day. In history, there have been times almost worse than ours now. Centuries when priests fornicated, when popes thought only about money, when protestant zealots wanted to burn people at the stakes again. It was awful and horrible ... but it didn't last forever. So we can always hope for an age of holiness to come upon us again. We will have evil with us until the end of the world, but God doesn't let it grow TOO strong. Even the devil can't do entirely as he pleases. He has to obey God.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We overcome them with good, we overcome by love.

Keith Green had a line in one of his songs "kill me with kindness".
Like Proverbs says, when we do good to others (who do wrong) its like
pouring 'hot coals' on their heads.

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the LORD will reward you. Proverbs 25:21-22

JESUS said give a cup of cold water to our enemies. Matthew 10:42

We don't fight like the world does - Paul warns us. 2 Corinthians 10:3
So if our fight becomes a war of words, quarrelling etc... that is not
how we win.

Beat them using a higher power (the highest power) love.

And ah yeah....that love (if its GOD'S love coming though you)
does NOT fail! 1 Corinthians 13:8

-eric

Upvote 0