stand SA
✟7,636.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:thumbsup:I ask that question purposefully the way I ask it .Let me put it to you this way.Why should christians be nudists?
I am a christian born again and spirit filled with the evidence of speaking in tounges,yet I am a naturist/nudist.I too am a Pastor,and minister in the nude.I reason this way.Adam was intended to be naked,and he shared the presence of God in the nude.God had intended man to be naked,as He was mans covering.By God, righteousness and Glory was Adams covering in Eden,and he had no shyness nor shame.God was his covering.Adam became shy only once he lost his covering,and had to substitute it with fig leaves,and later animal skin.(provided by God Himself)This is a metaphor of the new federal head of mankind ,Satan.
Later the circumcision became mans covering,co linked with the law as his covering.The new testament declares that we died with Christ on the cross,and once again became covered by God,hanging naked on the cross.We died with him,was buried with him and resurrected with him.The body no longer becomes the instrument of shame,as the Bible declares That we have put on the new man made in the likeness of God,righteousness and glory(Ephes 4).Now the body becomes the temple of God and the dwelling place of God!The temples of Israel were never covered,but exhibited,and God dwelled in it.That was the seat of His presense.So it is with the body now.The body is Gods temple,covered by Christ,and indwelled by God....should it be hidden and covred?or should it be naked....

Last edited:

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I myself would not be a nudist because I would have constant ..... "excitement" walking around with my wife seeing her body. lol.

Aside from that I know the naked body is a thing of beauty that God created. But I also believe because of sin a nude body can be overly tempting for people so while some may appreciate it non-sexually, there will be others who think of it sexually. So I don't want people seeing my wife like that.

Is it a sin though? I don't to be nude is a sin per say. But I think God said something about being covered. I may be wrong though. Hey anyways, having clothes on makes intimacy more fun to try in public. ^_^

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
Visit site
✟15,461.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In the garden of eden we were void of understanding, after we were able to UNDERSTAND we knew our self's to be naked and it was embarrasing so we covered our self. That is not a sin though...so I guess there is no problem with being a nudist.

No offense but my lust comes more from girls wearing provocotave clothes more so than it does from people who are naked. I can understand the lust issue possibly but at the same time if we are not to lust after someone while in marriage it really shouldnt matter what the people around you are wearing or...not wearing for that matter

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the garden of eden we were void of understanding, after we were able to UNDERSTAND we knew our self's to be naked and it was embarrasing so we covered our self. That is not a sin though...so I guess there is no problem with being a nudist.

No offense but my lust comes more from girls wearing provocotave clothes more so than it does from people who are naked. I can understand the lust issue possibly but at the same time if we are not to lust after someone while in marriage it really shouldnt matter what the people around you are wearing or...not wearing for that matter

Very true. Partial nudity is often much more stimulating than total nudity.

Most Christians are not nudists, but most nudists that I know are Christians.

Before the Fall, Genesis 2:25 says "They were naked but not ashamed"

After the Fall, nothing is said about shame; but fear is mentioned in 3:8-10, which is entirely understandable for two people who had just learned about good and evil, and disobeyed God in doing so.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I myself would not be a nudist because I would have constant ..... "excitement" walking around with my wife seeing her body. lol.
Well if it's your wife then there is no problem. Lust is only a problem in regard to adultery. It can't be adultery if it's your wife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well if it's your wife then there is no problem. Lust is only a problem in regard to adultery. It can't be adultery if it's your wife.
Still I know alot of nudists frown upon men getting erections in nudist camps, they say after awhile they go away supposedly after seeing enough nudity. But with my wife I am pretty sure mine would never go away. Which from my understanding also nudists don't believe in having sex in public. Even though they are naked they still want you to do it in private... despite all the stories I hear of that not actually happening.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still I know alot of nudists frown upon men getting erections in nudist camps, they say after awhile they go away supposedly after seeing enough nudity.

Which from my understanding also nudists don't believe in having sex in public. Even though they are naked they still want you to do it in private... despite all the stories I hear of that not actually happening.

Having been a nudist for 40 years, I can confirm that the newbie's sexual excitement fades away quickly, because everyone is going about the non-sexual parts of their lives - just without clothes. If open sex were a standard part of nudism, the excitement would continue.

During my 40 years, I have seen one couple having sex publicly on a nude beach, and that didn't last long, due to stares from the crowd. Nudists aren't sexless, but sex is not the focus of their activities.

Reactions: Matthew Neal
Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I get the impression even thought your clothless, it doesn't mean sex in the open is accepted. Granted I'd probably try for the thrill of it lol. Not that anyone would want to see my body nude.

Which reminds me of when I was a teen. We had a small private nudity place along the lake line. My friend brought binoculars and wanted to check it out for all the "hot babes". I tried telling him its not what you think it always is. Needless to say he looked (after finding a nearby hill with cover). After a minute he stopped looking and said he was sad because it was mainly people in their 40s and up lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But him being a horny teen, he was expecting other things.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Still I know alot of nudists frown upon men getting erections in nudist camps, they say after awhile they go away supposedly after seeing enough nudity. But with my wife I am pretty sure mine would never go away. Which from my understanding also nudists don't believe in having sex in public. Even though they are naked they still want you to do it in private... despite all the stories I hear of that not actually happening.

That is correct, it is totally not about sex to them and all that is frowned upon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still I know alot of nudists frown upon men getting erections in nudist camps, they say after awhile they go away supposedly after seeing enough nudity. But with my wife I am pretty sure mine would never go away.

Being a newlywed, it's perfectly understandable that you would see things that way! ^_^ But I promise you, that you wouldn't have that problem for long. You'd get comfortable and calm down pretty quickly

Which reminds me of when I was a teen. We had a small private nudity place along the lake line. My friend brought binoculars and wanted to check it out for all the "hot babes". I tried telling him its not what you think it always is. Needless to say he looked (after finding a nearby hill with cover). After a minute he stopped looking and said he was sad because it was mainly people in their 40s and up lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But him being a horny teen, he was expecting other things.

^_^^_^ Funny story. And it pretty much sums it up! In a nudist setting, it's not anything like a strip club full of hot babes. It's made up of people of all ages, colors, shapes and sizes just like normal society.

Upvote 0

jilfe

Jul 4, 2012
✟7,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mt:6:31: Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Mt:25:36: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Mt:25:38: When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Mt:25:43: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mk:5:15: And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

Mk:16:5: And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

Lk:8:35: Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

2Cor:5:3: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4: For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Rv:1:13: And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rv:3:5: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rv:3:18: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rv:4:4: And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rv:7:9: After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rv:10:1: And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Rv:11:3: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rv:12:1: And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rv:15:6: And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.

Rv:19:13: And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rv:19:14: And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You raise some interesting questions, and lots of red herrings...

In Matthew 6, your bolding of the word "need" implies that Jesus is saying we need clothing, and this is certainly true from a perspective of protection from cold. This is also why it was forbidden for a lender to keep a poor person's cloak overnight as collateral for a loan, since the poor person would suffer from the cold. Interestingly, this passage could also be interpreted to mean that clothes aren't important to God, but He knows we need protection from cold, even before we ask (which isn't surprising, considering He's God).

Likewise, in Matthew 25 Jesus speaks of nakedness as deprivation (not immorality), and clothing the naked meant providing protective warmth for those who didn't have it.

The demonic man was also self-abusive and unusually strong. Demon-possessed and / or mentally ill people (including drug-induced psychoses) frequently remove their clothes. They also frequently exhibit intense religious (sometimes Christian) fervor or activity. Does that mean Christian fervor is sinful?

In the description of the empty tomb, you seem to be emphasizing that the angels were wearing bright-white clothes. Do angels even have a body to cover, or are they completely spirit-creatures? The interesting thing is that Jesus was crucified nude (as was the Roman practice), then after taking his body down, his nude body was wrapped in linen "bandages" along with spices next to his body, much like an Egyptian mummy. After the Resurrection, the bandages and spices were left in the tomb, so...what was Jesus wearing, if anything?

The passages in Revelation contrast the "shame of being naked" (vulnerable, exposed, inadequately protected) with being clothed in the Righteousness of Christ, which "covers" all our sins. This is the same meaning of "naked" (Hebrew: eyrom) used in Genesis after the Fall, which is different from the "naked" (Hebrew: arom) used before the Fall, which simply means "nude". This symbolic language emphasizes our unworthiness for salvation, and Jesus' generous and gracious provision to cover the unrighteousness of all who believe in him.

Personally, I can understand how Christians might decline to be nudists, especially with the present avalanche of inappropriate content which gives nudity a bad name and causes reactionary prudishness. However, it is unfortunate that so many people confuse nudity with sex, especially illicit sex. They are not the same.

New Testament and Nudity | Boyd Allens Christian Naturism

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:thumbsup:I ask that question purposefully the way I ask it .Let me put it to you this way.Why should christians be nudists?
I am a christian born again and spirit filled with the evidence of speaking in tounges,yet I am a naturist/nudist.I too am a Pastor,and minister in the nude.I reason this way.Adam was intended to be naked,and he shared the presence of God in the nude.God had intended man to be naked,as He was mans covering.By God, righteousness and Glory was Adams covering in Eden,and he had no shyness nor shame.God was his covering.Adam became shy only once he lost his covering,and had to substitute it with fig leaves,and later animal skin.(provided by God Himself)This is a metaphor of the new federal head of mankind ,Satan.
Later the circumcision became mans covering,co linked with the law as his covering.The new testament declares that we died with Christ on the cross,and once again became covered by God,hanging naked on the cross.We died with him,was buried with him and resurrected with him.The body no longer becomes the instrument of shame,as the Bible declares That we have put on the new man made in the likeness of God,righteousness and glory(Ephes 4).Now the body becomes the temple of God and the dwelling place of God!The temples of Israel were never covered,but exhibited,and God dwelled in it.That was the seat of His presense.So it is with the body now.The body is Gods temple,covered by Christ,and indwelled by God....should it be hidden and covred?or should it be naked....

Absolutely....Christians should be Nudists : in the bedroom of a Marital Relationship. Expect bad repercussions from violating Gods absolute moral law, otherwise.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0