Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Uhhhhh?
"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" (Matthew 24:38-39).
Not evererything in the newspaper is accurately remembered. Humans make mistakes. Only the authors of the flood story written in Babylon seem to remember Noah. The ancient Chinese dynasties don’t, nor the American Indians or Eskimos of Africans or Australian Aborigians! No, it’s only the Hebrew priest in Babylon that remembered that!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Please forgive me for my ignorance,
I missed your question.
I dont know where you posted it.
Please post again.
Really? The thickness condenses as the weight of new snow gathers on top. You have to visually look for layers, not measure by feet or meters.
Here ya go. Please respond.

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus chose from what was “true” in the scripture.
Thank you for this words you posted.
Jesus quoted most of your so called mythology from the OT, and He quoted about Adam and Eve and creation from Genesis and about the Flood and Noah and the Queen of Sheebah and David and Jonah and and...
So where does this leave your claim that the OT is not valid, or even Babylonian myth plagiarism.
Nope, Jesus read the OT prophets, and adhered to the Torah!
Do you see that you cant have Jesus without believing the OT?
and you cant have the OT without believing Jesus!

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here ya go. Please respond.
Much appreciated.
It is true what you say.
The top layers of snow compresses and results into layers of snow in Ice strata.
But guess what, your question is then invalid due to the following facts.
1.The planes was not found in 75 meters of SNOW, but ICE!
2.you will never have a buildup of 75 meters of snow on a glacier that moved 3 miles from its original position with huge airplanes caught up inside its ice train.
3. when the Scientist collects Ice cores, they will not disregard the first 75 meters of Ice.

No, these planes were representing 800 years of ice buildup according to the Ice layers over this depth, in only 42 years..
I hope I answered your question.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this words you posted.
Jesus quoted most of your so called mythology from the OT, and He quoted about Adam and Eve and creation from Genesis and about the Flood and Noah and the Queen of Sheebah and David and Jonah and and...
So where does this leave your claim that the OT is not valid, or even Babylonian myth plagiarism.
Nope, Jesus read the OT prophets, and adhered to the Torah!
Do you see that you cant have Jesus without believing the OT?
and you cant have the OT without believing Jesus!
Jesus quoted very little from the Old Testament. Jewish converts to belief in Jesus tended to justify their new faith in Jesus by forcing him into the OT as the Jewish Messiah.

Jesus didn’t quote things that were not true.

If the flood story wasn’t in the Bible and was recently discovered, people with common sense would discount it without question!

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Realy?
The description of the crew was that they landed on top of the Ice. The first plane had its nose dug into a few feet snow, but did not penetrate the ice.
Do you know how hard the ice layers are within a meter from the top?
And the planes were of Aluminium.
Secondly, the planes was dug out of 75 meters of ice. For the US people, that is over 350 Feet!
They could not dig it out, but melted it out of the ice.
Anyhow, the ice layers represented about 800 years in stead of 42 years.
Check mate to ice cores!
I have heard of the 'glacier girl' missing squadron plane as well and have done some reading about it. I am in full agreement with what you have said - the plane is buried under too much ice to fit with the assumption of a slow, gradual build-up over time as observed in the present and extrapolated into the past (uniformitarianism). This line of reasoning/arguing is actually referenced in 2 Peter 3:4 - "They [scoffers] will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation." The implication here is this is a false assumption as all things have not continued as they were from the beginning.

When the 767's were flown into the twin towers on 9/11/2001, they were traveling at almost 600 mph and still did not rip out the other side of the 200 foot-wide structure. 767's are very large planes, much bigger, much heavier, and faster than the WWII P38 fighter plane... and worth noting is that the 767's were traveling through a lot of open office space as well (not solid ice). With the missing squadron plane, it hit solid ice (might as well have been solid concrete), scratching the surface and was subsequently buried under ice.

The usual argument is that the plane melted the ice and "sank" down. Besides being very cold in Greenland (hence all the ice and snow) the plane itself is front weighted (engines up front) to create a controllable aerodynamic "center" that can be adjusted with the tail fins. As such, when the plane sinks (whether in air, water... any medium it can travel through) the natural tendency is that the nose of the plane will dive down. That said, the plane was discovered on it's belly, not nose down. Simply put, it crash landed on solid ice, skidded to where it came to a stop, and was subsequently buried under hundreds of feed of solid ice in only 40ish years... contrary to the long ages that it would have taken when erroneously making uniformitarian assumptions.

Sources:
The lost squadron - creation.com
Ice Cores and the Age of the Earth | The Institute for Creation Research
Chapter 12: Do Ice Cores Show Many Tens of Thousands of Years?
Glacier Girl - Wikipedia

This is just one of many, many scientific evidences in support of biblical creationism. That said, I accept this view by faith. Moses may be generally credited with writing the book of Genesis, but God authored it as He told Moses what to write, He is the author of life and all of creation. I think you and I will agree that we accept Genesis as truth because of who the author is (God), and so it is no surprise when we see scientific evidence supporting the truth of God's word. Science does not define truth, God's word does. That's not to say that truths cannot be discovered by science, but when assertions made through scientific discovery contradict God's word the assumptions being made of the evidence should be reexamined because God's word is never going to be wrong.

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, You say when Jesus mentioned the flood, (Matthew 24:38-39),(Luke 17:27), he was in a child like mind of a bronze age sheep header?
Which Jesus do you believe in Colter.
Mine is the one who said that all the prophets of old spoke about him and He knew Abraham.
it seems as if you are perhaps a sheep in wolf's clothing?
I have never met a Christian that does not believe in the Bible.
Please clarify your standpoint.
Do you accept Jesus as God the Creator who revealed Himself as the Word of God, who came to earth and took a human body Who gave His Human life for your salvation?
Again, I am in full agreement. Jesus is the word made flesh. John 1:1-4 makes it clear where Jesus was in the beginning and what He was doing. When Jesus says in Matthew 19:4, "...“Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female," He is speaking this not only because he knew Genesis, and accepted it as authoritative and true, He said it because He was there. He made Adam, He made Eve, He made them on day 6... as it is written. This is what it says in my Bible, this is also what the original language of Hebrew says. The Bible does not present 6 different versions of the creation account such as to raise doubt; there is 1 account, it is concise, and narrative with matter-of-fact events presented. Adding to what Jesus said regarding the flood, Peter also makes reference to it as well in 2 Peter 3:6-7, "and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly." We also find references elsewhere in Isaiah and Daniel among others:

26 Bible verses about Flood, The

Conclusion: The flood of Noah happened. All life on land and in the air was destroyed. The fossil record is evidence of this.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, you forget something.
The fall of the glorious Human Created by God.
What Adam and Eve were before they sinned, was a creation without a sinless body covered with light that was also immortal.
They did not know they were naked and were made in the image of God, who Himself are covered in light.
They were also immortal for God told them that if they ate from the tree, they will certainly die. therefore, before they ate the fruit, they were immortal.
Interesting, in this state they would not grow sick, get cancer, age etc.
Finaly, they were not inclined to sin but had free will to choose to do wrong.

And this was what Satan achieved when he deceived Adam and Eve.
They lost their immortality and started to age.
This is what inherited sin means.
We are dying, we have billions of dead cells in our bodies, we can not appear in front of God in this state, for no sin can live in front of Him.
God is Life, and Death is the absence of Life.
this was why the Word of God came as a human to be born as one, to live as one and to die like us.
That is what the Gospel means, God removed death to be useless for we will receive a new body such as Jesus has, one that Adam and Eve originally had.

Therefore, do not take God's words out of context, for when he said those words, it was due to the utter sinfulness of people on earth.
And He regretted that he made man, for they were all corrupt, except for Noah.

And always keep in mind that God did not create you to be a sinner and a rotting carcass, this is what humankind did to itself!
But God loved you so much, that He decided to become one of us too, so we can live forever with Him.
Greetings in the Name of God almighty...
YHWH

Death or translation was normal. Adam and Eve were incarnate celestial beings who arrived on an old, evolved, populated earth. They had immortality (use of the tree of life) until they sinned. Death came specifically to them.

If death wasn't normal at the end of the life cycle, the earth would be very crowded!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Much appreciated.
It is true what you say.
The top layers of snow compresses and results into layers of snow in Ice strata.
But guess what, your question is then invalid due to the following facts.
1.The planes was not found in 75 meters of SNOW, but ICE!
2.you will never have a buildup of 75 meters of snow on a glacier that moved 3 miles from its original position with huge airplanes caught up inside its ice train.
3. when the Scientist collects Ice cores, they will not disregard the first 75 meters of Ice.

No, these planes were representing 800 years of ice buildup according to the Ice layers over this depth, in only 42 years..
I hope I answered your question.
I just don't believe you.

Upvote 0

SMITTY7000

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2018
TEXAS
✟57,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting theory but at odds with the best expositions of flood and creation and church tradition
MINDLIGHT,
PLEASE LET MY REPLY GIVE YOU A PAUSE TO THINK A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THIS. MY PURPOSE IS TO HELP OTHERS THINK, STUDY, LEARN , AND GROW FOR AND BY THEMSELVES LEAD BY GOD`S SPIRIT. THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE REMARK AGAINST YOU OR ANY OTHERS.
OUR SAVIOR TOLD US THAT MANY TEACHERS IN OUT TIME WOULD BE FALSE TEACHERS AND I BELIEVE IT IS BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT TAUGHT PROPERLY BUT GAINED THEIR BELIEF IN THE SEMINARIES AND LIBERAL COLLEGES FROM TEACHERS WHO DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE DEEPER TRUTHS OF GOD`S WORD. MATT.24:3-5
IF NOT VERY CAREFUL, CHURCH TRADITION CAN LEAD YOU DOWN A LONG WIDE ROAD THAT LEADS TO DECEPTION. MANY OF TODAYS CHURCHES ARE STRONG ON MILK BUT WEAK ON MEAT. WE NEED MEAT. HEBREWS 5:12
WHEN WE ARE JUDGED, OUR TEACHERS WLL NOT BE THERE TO STAND BETWEEN US AND THE JUDGE. WE ARE THEREFORE, RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE. WHEN LISTENING TO ANY ONE WHO IS EXPOUNDING ON A TOPIC OF GOD`S WORD A FLAG SHOULD GO UP AND CAUSE US TO WANT TO PROVE OR DISPPROVE WHAT IS BEING PUT FORTH. THIS INCLUDES ME OR ANY OTHERS WHO COMMENT ON GOD`S WORD. WE ARE ADMONISHED IN THE WORD MORE THAN ONCE TO DO JUST THIS.
I WILL POST A LONGER STUDY ABOUT THIS SUBJECT CALLED `` BEFORE IN THE BEGINNING`` I HOPE YOU WILL READ IT AND I HOPE IT HELPS ALL WHO READ IT TO UNDERSTAND THIS IMPORTANT TOPIC.
MAY YOUR STUDIES LEAD YOU TO BE PLEASING TO OUR CREATOR. REV. 4:11

• Winner
Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am taught from a bible teacher that the creation of the universe is an ancient event and the creation of the Adamic race happened 6000 years ago.

The Bible says the earth is ancient.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Says who?:|
One can conclude that from the fragmented stories used to construct the Genesis document.

* Adam and Eve were 2 full grown, educated adults.

* They spoke the same language that the "crafty beast" spoke.

* The crafty beast knew what they had been instructed concerning certain prohibitions.

* They had a religion, their kids made contributions to the church.

* Why would a family of (4) or (10) or (100) need to tend "flocks" and "fields" in a tropical paradise with an abundance of food and water. Because the earth was already populated.

* Cain fears people out away from his tribe. God agrees, he get a "mark" meaning "born again of the spirit".

There is a looooooong history when the earth fell into sin before Adam and Eve arrived as the new administration to replace the old, fallen administration. But they fell as well in short order.

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One can conclude that from the fragmented stories used to construct the Genesis document.
+
OK, As long as it is your conclusion, I cant complain.
Keep in mind that your conclusion is tainted with bias and fragmentary in evidence.
My conclusion is that you dont want Christians who loves the Word of God, to remain believers.
I also conclude that my suspicions about you will remain that you might be a Muslim or Atheist at best.

You see, Christians believe in the Tri-une God, the Bible and in Jesus as their salvation.
Anything else can be considered as non Christian.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
+
OK, As long as it is your conclusion, I cant complain.
Keep in mind that your conclusion is tainted with bias and fragmentary in evidence.
My conclusion is that you dont want Christians who loves the Word of God, to remain believers.
I also conclude that my suspicions about you will remain that you might be a Muslim or Atheist at best.

You see, Christians believe in the Tri-une God, the Bible and in Jesus as their salvation.
Anything else can be considered as non Christian.
And those are your false conclusions about me. I’m not an atheist and Mohamed was a false prophet, the Kaaba stone at Mecca is also an idolatrous fetish. Mohamed never took a night flight to the Temple Mount and ascended into heaven, the Quran is full of nonsense.

I love the Word of God as well, he became flesh and dwelt amount us. He was very different than the God portrayed in the “written word”, written by the same kind of biased, corrupt men who killed Jesus. The Bible contains its own bias and fragmentary evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He was very different than the God portrayed in the “written word”, written by the same kind of biased, corrupt men who killed Jesus. The Bible contains its own bias and fragmentary evidence.
What made you to hate the Old Testament so much?
To me it is interesting that I have a totally opposite viewpoint about the OT than you?
I am of the opinion that Jesus was a believer that the OT spoke about Him, that the Trinity was in the OT, that the apostles accepted the OT in this regard also.
I am dumbfounded on your remarks about the OT, and find many accusations in error.
So, who, what or when did your trust in the OT get this blow?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What made you to hate the Old Testament so much?
To me it is interesting that I have a totally opposite viewpoint about the OT than you?
I am of the opinion that Jesus was a believer that the OT spoke about Him, that the Trinity was in the OT, that the apostles accepted the OT in this regard also.
I am dumbfounded on your remarks about the OT, and find many accusations in error.
So, who, what or when did your trust in the OT get this blow?
I never belived God wrote it. It makes outrageous claims that are so obviously wrong! Even as a child I could see that the flood story is seriously flawed! I’m not alone by any stretch. Many Christians don’t believe the spurious document to have been written by God. But some of the collection of writings are beautiful!

I don’t see the men who wrote parts of the Bible any differently that the corrupt men of the church who hide child abuse and live large off of donations.

Here is an example:

1. In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and animals.
  2. In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
  3. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
  4. In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant.
  5. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they are allowed to rape as spoils of war.
  6. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

• Informative
Reactions: Piet Strydom
Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Colter,
I see where you come from on your point of view.
I am not goint to show you my rebuttal on points 1 and 2, But I want to show you what my position is regarding these verses you detest so much.

• In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
  • In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant.
  • In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they are allowed to rape as spoils of war.
  • In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.
Lets look at the questions. Israel complains against God and God kills 14700 of them. God kills 50 000 for peeking into the Ark of covenant.Kids teases Elisha and God kills them.

It sounds incredible unfair indeed, until you read Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.
First of all, it seems as if you want to make these victims out as innocent and unfairly killed by God.
My thinking about this is: If God is here with us in his full glory, (I am not talking about Jesus in human flesh, but God the Trinity in full glory), what does He say, will we be able to live when we look upon Him?
He says that you will die!
Why? Because your human existence is one of corruption, and our bodies are mortal and in the Glory of God, corruption will simply be vanquished. This is why the NT explains that the Blood of Christ covers our sinful corrupted existence to appear in front of God without being destroyed.

Good, the second thing to remember is that God was not someone, during this time, who were sitting in Heaven giving instructions to Moses on Earth. No, the Glory of God was among Israel in the Ark of Covenant. God warned everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, not to touch the Ark, or to look into the ark, because if they do, they will die!
"Now, the Israelites who looked in the ark were actually violating several laws: they came near to the ark (a violation if they weren't Levites) and did not keep their 1000 yards distance as was law,they were not covered with the clothing of the High priest, they did not cover their faces, they looked at the ark, they touched the ark and they moved the atonement cover. Since God's presence was on/over/in the ark, they were actually coming into the presence of God - and without the least sense of reverence towards him, since they decided to poke around and play with his throne! Is it any wonder they died?"

Next to keep in mind, The High Priest and Priests were serving the tabernacle and Ark daily and God spoke to the High priests and prophets from the Cherubs on the Ark.
Therefore, all the instructions that was given to Israel came from God himself!
It was not some man who decided to cheat Israel in believing that God spoke to them!

So, when there came people who complained to Moses, they were not in the least concerned with the fact that God himself passed judgement on Israel, but were accusing God of injustice!
Just as you are doing here on this forum.

Well, If I know God is in my camp, and I see His great power, will I have the audacity to accuse God of being unfair?
Only a fool will do such!
concerning the number of men who died, it might be 70 men and 50 oxen due to a coppyist error, however I dont want to use this as an excuse, because whether there were 50000 people or 70 who died for the sin they committed, is irrelevant!

About children teasing a prophet.
You might think it is unfair, but the Law is very clear in this regard. You should respect your parents. this includes the elderly. and you should know that if the prophet speaks it is God who speaks, not the prophet.
Now, lets look at the innocence of these children.
If they dont have respect for a prophet of God, and they mock him, do you think it was against the prophet, or God?
God!
They told him to leave! The people of Betel were worshiping Baal at that stage! Their home education and all the associations of the place would have given them a contempt for the true servants of God.
I dont think you read the Bible to establish these facts.
God did not kill them for their mockery, but for MOCKING GOD AS BAALIST WORSHIPERS' CHILDREN!

to close off, why would God kill all the Midianites, except the virgins?
Again, I am sure you did not read the full context from the Bible God killed 7 nations in Canaan.
Why?
Because they were trying to destroy and lay curses upon Israel, they attacked Israel when they lived in the wilderness.
They were Baal Worshippers, who burned their eldest children to Moloch!
They were a sex cult and their women had to do service in the temples as prostitutes every year.
They sent their women to Israel to seduce the men into Baal worship!

This even after they were aware of YHWH!
Sorry Colter, I will never question God when He himself tell me to kill his enemy.
However, different from Islam that uses the Quran that was written 1400 years ago and use that as instruction to Kill non Muslims, I will want only one thing before I do something like that!

God himself in our midst + a prophet that was tested to be a prophet from YHWH.
All the prophets of the OT spoke in the name of YHWH, and they gave prophecies from day to day to prove that what they forecast, will happen as he says.
If a prophet gave just one short term prophecy that did not happen, he was condemned to death! (deut 18:18 to 22)

I hope you understand the above as I do since I had questioned the very same descriptions myself, until I understood once I read the Bible.
I must have read it more than a dozen times, and I summarized it too.
For that I have proof.
Anyhow, enough said.

Reactions: NobleMouse
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Colter,
I see where you come from on your point of view.
I am not goint to show you my rebuttal on points 1 and 2, But I want to show you what my position is regarding these verses you detest so much.

Lets look at the questions. Israel complains against God and God kills 14700 of them. God kills 50 000 for peeking into the Ark of covenant.Kids teases Elisha and God kills them.

It sounds incredible unfair indeed, until you read Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.
First of all, it seems as if you want to make these victims out as innocent and unfairly killed by God.
My thinking about this is: If God is here with us in his full glory, (I am not talking about Jesus in human flesh, but God the Trinity in full glory), what does He say, will we be able to live when we look upon Him?
He says that you will die!
Why? Because your human existence is one of corruption, and our bodies are mortal and in the Glory of God, corruption will simply be vanquished. This is why the NT explains that the Blood of Christ covers our sinful corrupted existence to appear in front of God without being destroyed.

Good, the second thing to remember is that God was not someone, during this time, who were sitting in Heaven giving instructions to Moses on Earth. No, the Glory of God was among Israel in the Ark of Covenant. God warned everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, not to touch the Ark, or to look into the ark, because if they do, they will die!
"Now, the Israelites who looked in the ark were actually violating several laws: they came near to the ark (a violation if they weren't Levites) and did not keep their 1000 yards distance as was law,they were not covered with the clothing of the High priest, they did not cover their faces, they looked at the ark, they touched the ark and they moved the atonement cover. Since God's presence was on/over/in the ark, they were actually coming into the presence of God - and without the least sense of reverence towards him, since they decided to poke around and play with his throne! Is it any wonder they died?"

Next to keep in mind, The High Priest and Priests were serving the tabernacle and Ark daily and God spoke to the High priests and prophets from the Cherubs on the Ark.
Therefore, all the instructions that was given to Israel came from God himself!
It was not some man who decided to cheat Israel in believing that God spoke to them!

So, when there came people who complained to Moses, they were not in the least concerned with the fact that God himself passed judgement on Israel, but were accusing God of injustice!
Just as you are doing here on this forum.

Well, If I know God is in my camp, and I see His great power, will I have the audacity to accuse God of being unfair?
Only a fool will do such!
concerning the number of men who died, it might be 70 men and 50 oxen due to a coppyist error, however I dont want to use this as an excuse, because whether there were 50000 people or 70 who died for the sin they committed, is irrelevant!

About children teasing a prophet.
You might think it is unfair, but the Law is very clear in this regard. You should respect your parents. this includes the elderly. and you should know that if the prophet speaks it is God who speaks, not the prophet.
Now, lets look at the innocence of these children.
If they dont have respect for a prophet of God, and they mock him, do you think it was against the prophet, or God?
God!
They told him to leave! The people of Betel were worshiping Baal at that stage! Their home education and all the associations of the place would have given them a contempt for the true servants of God.
I dont think you read the Bible to establish these facts.
God did not kill them for their mockery, but for MOCKING GOD AS BAALIST WORSHIPERS' CHILDREN!

to close off, why would God kill all the Midianites, except the virgins?
Again, I am sure you did not read the full context from the Bible God killed 7 nations in Canaan.
Why?
Because they were trying to destroy and lay curses upon Israel, they attacked Israel when they lived in the wilderness.
They were Baal Worshippers, who burned their eldest children to Moloch!
They were a sex cult and their women had to do service in the temples as prostitutes every year.
They sent their women to Israel to seduce the men into Baal worship!

This even after they were aware of YHWH!
Sorry Colter, I will never question God when He himself tell me to kill his enemy.
However, different from Islam that uses the Quran that was written 1400 years ago and use that as instruction to Kill non Muslims, I will want only one thing before I do something like that!

God himself in our midst + a prophet that was tested to be a prophet from YHWH.
All the prophets of the OT spoke in the name of YHWH, and they gave prophecies from day to day to prove that what they forecast, will happen as he says.
If a prophet gave just one short term prophecy that did not happen, he was condemned to death! (deut 18:18 to 22)

I hope you understand the above as I do since I had questioned the very same descriptions myself, until I understood once I read the Bible.
I must have read it more than a dozen times, and I summarized it too.
For that I have proof.
Anyhow, enough said.
I do indeed understand what you are doing, making excuses for injustice and bad behavior rather than concede that such narratives in no way reflect the Father revealed in the Son.

Your tortured explanation is like that of a child who grew up in an abusive, dysfunctional family where a mean and vindictive father beats them for minor infractions. The children might say openly that they love the mean father, in their hearts they don't! They are afraid not to say they love him! They have to keep making excuses for the hatful father and pretend he's righteous!

Considering it was God who allowed Satan to "fool the whole world", returning to your excuse making, it would be like the father of a family knowingly allowing an even more abusive neighbor to run things while father is away on business. Upon returning the father is even more nasty to the children who were persuaded by the evil, crafty neighbor!

I have a better explanation. God is Love and Love isn't secondary to anything in the divine nature. The closest and truest revelation of the Father to date, was that Father revealed in the Son; A mature, kind, wise and Loving Father who is infinitely wise, forgiving and hopeful. A Father so incredible that we abandon our lives to the search of such an incredible God!!!!

The reason for some of the ISIS like idea of God in the Old Testament writings is because it was largely a reflection of the beliefs and deity concepts of those who wrote the scriptures among the Semitic people. The OT is a nationalist, religious, political manifesto for the Israelite audience having just lost their nation, it's capitol and their Temple! The audience was bronze age sheepherders and a more rugged man. Perhaps they needed great and mean God! They were still savage to Jesus when he presented the true God! It speaks to you as such: "Sorry Colter, I will never question God when He himself tell me to kill his enemy." You should question those who created the scripture, it wasn't the Father revealed in Christ!

"In the physical universe we may see the divine beauty, in the intellectual world we may discern eternal truth, but the goodness of God is found only in the spiritual world of personal religious experience. In its true essence, religion is a faith-trust in the goodness of God. God could be great and absolute, somehow even intelligent and personal, in philosophy, but in religion God must also be moral; he must be good. Man might fear a great God, but he trusts and loves only a good God. This goodness of God is a part of the personality of God, and its full revelation appears only in the personal religious experience of the believing sons of God." UB 1955

Upvote 0

Piet Strydom

Jan 10, 2018
Johannesburg
✟6,941.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
making excuses for injustice and bad behavior rather than concede that such narratives in no way reflect the Father revealed in the Son.
That's nice.
I dont want to teach you about God, I think it is fine if you have your version of what and who a just God is.
However, don't you think it is rude to tell me that I am "making excuses for injustices and bad Behavior of God"?
This after you accused me that the Bible which I believe in is bad because you never knew, or simply went ignorant to the fact that the so called injustices of God practiced on people who defied Him, were killed righteously by Him!
I do not entertain your blasphemous accusations due to your shortcoming on the historical facts of the Bible.
So far you demonstrated total intelligible understanding on anything you uttered about the Bible.
You did not even knew there are much more evidence in archaeology to support 90% of what was written in the Bible.
You decide that you have the right to make allegations against the Bible and God, because you never went to read it for yourself!
Sorry sir, I find your behavior offensive, and hope you come to your senses.
Greetings in the Name of YHWH, the Creator, The Holy ghost and Jesus.
The God that judge and delivers justice.
The God that has the Right to condemn those who desist Him to eternal damnation.
Even Jesus said that there will be those who spoke in His Name and did wonders, and He will tell them to leave!
They will not receive everlasting life, but will be taken out into the darkness!
the God you so willfully claim is a murderer,and should be the one never to judge, or to damn, is Jesus Himself brother!
So what now, are you going to claim that Jesus behaves badly because he sends people to hell?
or do you also ignorant to that fact?

Upvote 0