tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't imagine any person professing Christianity can support pro-choice. I can imagine religious hypocrites posing as Christian who will, but they will get a rude shock when they find themselves at the Judgment when they are confronted with millions of aborted babies saying, "Why have you done this to us, and not given us a chance at life?"
...if they were never born why would they care then? :scratch:
tulc(is honestly curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
...if they were never born why would they care then? :scratch:
tulc(is honestly curious) :wave:
Unborn babies are aware of their surroundings from very early on. It will be interesting to see who is there when we get to eternity.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unborn babies are aware of their surroundings from very early on.
I'm not sure that actually answers what I asked, if life is just a blink and eternity is forever why would you think they'd feel cheated by not having been born? Comes to that, what makes you think they'll even be there in the first place? :scratch:

It will be interesting to see who is there when we get to eternity.
and who wont be also. :wave:
tulc(suspects both will be pretty shocking to us) ;)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
My beliefs about abortion do not neatly line up with so-called pro-life or pro-choice ideologies. I would look at fetal viability and fetal pain as essential considerations. My position comes from both considering human life beginning at conception, but also considering the autonomy of the woman as important.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is a life-affirming belief system. Abortion is a war against life itself. It is a war against family, and the biology of womanhood.

'Pro-choice' is antichrist.
In your opinion. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I see what you mean. I think Christians can/should have an opinion on it though. I don’t live in the US but over here the pro-choice side don’t seem to believe the rights of the unborn child are even an issue.
They can and do have an opinion. The problem is some of them try to assert authative power over others based on their personal opinions.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't imagine any person professing Christianity can support pro-choice. I can imagine religious hypocrites posing as Christian who will, but they will get a rude shock when they find themselves at the Judgment when they are confronted with millions of aborted babies saying, "Why have you done this to us, and not given us a chance at life?"
Do you believe life begins at conception? If so, then they all did get a chance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't ignore the law of the land but I place greater weight on God's laws than on man's law. Abortion is murder to me and to the bible. By the time a woman finds out she is pregnant there is already a heart beat and brain wave activity. It's DNA is written and it will stand, already at THAT point, as one of the most advanced forms of life that we know of. If you are ok killing, that is your call. I will NEVER stand on that side.
But it doesn't matter what it means to any one individual execpt to that one individual.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From how I understand it, US Law is based mainly on God's Law. The Constitution and laws were compiled by Godfearing men who totally believed in God's Law and His standards. Paul said that we are to comply with the law of the land and to respect judges and the police, so that we can live a peaceable life. I read in the newspaper some years ago that a guy broke the law, ended up in court and told the judge that he didn't need to have the Court's penalty because the crime was now "under the Blood" [of Christ]. Understandably, the judge ignored that and sentenced him anyway. It will be interesting for a person who says that they don't care about U.S. Law, and that God's Law was more important, when he comes up before the judge on a criminal charge. I really don't think that the judge will take him very seriously.
That is incorrect. The simplest example is the first commandment vs the first amendment.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't ignore the law of the land but I place greater weight on God's laws than on man's law.

Quite the departure from not caring about US law. What caused the change of heart between that post and this one?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From how I understand it, US Law is based mainly on God's Law.

Then you misunderstood. The US constitution is a product of the enlightenment not Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They were never given the choice. That choice was taken away from them by selfish uncaring people.
How is it selfish and uncaring to cause someones conscious existence to start in a perfect afterlife?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How is it selfish and uncaring to cause someones conscious existence to start in a perfect afterlife?
Yes of course. It is impossible not to see the Christian roots of Marxism. Probably one of the main themes that the New Testament warns against is believe in the antichrists that will be spawned as perversions of the Christian faith.
Marxism has got to be one of the most evil spawns that have arisen.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes of course. It is impossible not to see the Christian roots of Marxism. Probably one of the main themes that the New Testament warns against is believe in the antichrists that will be spawned as perversions of the Christian faith.
Marxism has got to be one of the most evil spawns that have arisen.

You are quite correct. I would rank Marxism right up there with Capitalism.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.