Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus also said IF your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. If your eye causes you to sin... pluck it out......

Not EVERY word is to be taken strictly literal. Otherwise everyone would be nothing but blind, torsos without tongues (as our tongues cause us to sin... maybe even more than the eyes or hands as the tongue does NOTHING but utter what is in the heart. If you have not given yourself in prayer for God to change your heart, you are simply as a pharisee, washing the outside of your cup while the inside is dirty.

There is no good in ANY of us as we are ALL in our flesh the children of Adam and so... we on our own... no matter our deeds remain short of the grace of God. He changes our hearts, HE reveals truth to use through the Spirit. Not our own foolish minds, not our emotions..... it is ALL God, down to the very light that is within us.... IF one has much light and much of the Spirit is given... that much more will be expected of them. One with little light and very little of the Spirit, less will be expected.

You can not call a 3rd grader stupid because he/she does not understand subjects from highschool or college... the same thing with the light and Spirit one has within them.

That is why we are to warn out of love. Does that mean it will be flowery and the person will want to hear it? No.... BUT there is a difference between saying to the child that doesnt understand "let me help you and show you how its done" (love) and simply calling them stupid or acting as if you are superior to them in intellect (arguing/not love) because YOU understand what they do not.

There was a post here a while back about a Christ follower woke up in the middle of the night being called to a strip club.

Now on the surface, does a Christian belong in such a place? Absolutely not. However this story happened to end with a woman being converted from that life to the life of a follower.

If you love the law.... then no matter what came of it... he was wrong in your mind.

IF you love the Spirit you look at the fruit that such a thing bore... which is a soul saved. It took obedience and not worrying about what others would say about how wrong he was. In love of the Spirit you can step back and understand we ARENT all the same part of the body.

A foot has NO right to tell the hand how to do what the head tells it to do.... God is the head, we are all different parts. What God counts as obedience to one, may be destruction for another.

Jesus came to be an example, He came in love to SHOW us how we are to be. Sometimes gentle, sometimes firm and with strong words of warning...but ALWAYS to walk in love. Not judgement, not pride and not to condemn others that do differently than ourselves.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think if you divorce as a Christian that you are supposed to remarry. And I also think that if I condemn someone to hell for it then I’m playing God and doing something I’m not supposed to do either. We are to admonish each other against sinning but while people only see the surface God knows the heart. I used to judge harshly but then I realized I was wrong for doing that and repented for it although sometimes I still struggle with it. It’s easy for me to say not to do that since I’ve never been married but I’ve heard stories of abusive marriages that were so bad that one spouse was afraid that their spouse was going to kill them.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The trouble with Protestantism is that almost all are believers, not disciples. Church should be pastured by a disciple of Jesus.
There is no difference between a believer and a disciple. All believers are disciples. If anyone is not a disciple of Jesus, he only has a claim to belief, and it is not real. James 2:24.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But nowhere does the New Covenant include divorce and remarriage. It is adultery. And divorce is unforgiveness on the part of the seeker.

Paul simply says marriage is for life (imported from the OC) and if an unbeliever divorces, the believer must reconcile or remain single. That's it.............

He says the believer is not bound (Greek = enslaved) to the unbeliever if they depart, but he does not say they are not married. He already said the death is the only end of marriage.
I was just wondering...If you and me were in the crowd that brought the woman caught in adultery to Jesus. Which of us would throw the first stone? :)

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no difference between a believer and a disciple. All believers are disciples. If anyone is not a disciple of Jesus, he only has a claim to belief, and it is not real. James 2:24.
That is a very convenient thinking! Jesus has defined what it is to be a disciple. Please read Luke 14:26, 27 & 33

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is a very convenient thinking! Jesus has defined what it is to be a disciple. Please read Luke 14:26, 27 & 33
What's your point?

My point is that being a "believer" without being a disciple is a fantasy.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's your point?

My point is that being a "believer" without being a disciple is a fantasy.
Almost all of Protestants including pastors are not disciples. That is the trouble with Protestantism. That is why Satan has a field day and thousands of denomination grow up like wild mushrooms devoid of words of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering...If you and me were in the crowd that brought the woman caught in adultery to Jesus. Which of us would throw the first stone? :)
Neither of us if we practice the Sermon on the Mount. But should we help a blind person off the tracks if they don't know a train is about to hit them?

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Almost all of Protestants including pastors are not disciples. That is the trouble with Protestantism. That is why Satan has a field day and thousands of denomination grow up like wild mushrooms devoid of words of Jesus.
So then you're Catholic? RCC?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What denom are you now? Just curious, as you seem to be against Protestants.
I had given up going to church for several years. But I was urged to attend reminding of Hebrews 10:25. I am attending a local non-denominational church. I am for the truth and against deviations that are found in all denominations, sects that including RC. Recently I was called to share words of God with children in a Catholic church.

Upvote 0