Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Its possible to be saved, it is also possible to turn your back on God and lose your soul. But then you wouldn't be going to hell as a christian. The 10 virgins parable, Revelations lukewarm message…..even Paul didn't believe in "once saved always saved" as he said that "I'm afraid after leading so many to Christ, that I myself might be cast away…"

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've heard so many preachers claim that once you are born-again you are exempted to go to Hell.Could this be heresy?.Please what's views

SImple - folks of the Calvinist/Reformed paradigm teach, and believe they can PROVE if a person is "Elect", then without there being any choice on HIS part, he will be conviced of SIN, and repent, placing their FAITH in Jesus as their savior and GET saved (since God's grace is "Irresistable"), and will invariably Remain saved till they die.

BUT: The Calvinist "Back door Clause", of course, is that if a Person is "Saved", but after a while DOESN'T LIVE like a Christian SHOULD - then he was never saved at all, and he's LOST.

FOlks of the Arminian paradigm teach and believe they can prove that a person is Saved when He, under conviction of SIN Repents, and places his FAITH in Jesus as His Savior. They are secure in their FAITH till they die.

BUT: if the person who WAS saved, then begins to habitually fail to seek the Lord, and goes out of the way, neglecting his relationship with the Lord, the FAITH he HAD will degenerate into the fading memory of having HAD faith once - but not any more. And the person can return to his SIN, and become LOST.

SO - both paradigms agree perfectly. If a person's LIFE doesn't demonstrate the fruits of FAITH in Jesus as Savior, then the churches will classify them as "unsaved". They only disagree on the "Mechanism" by which they got to that state.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well put. With one you may doubt you are saved, with the other whether you ever were saved. I believe that either way if you genuinely care then you have some assurance of salvation and are heaven-bound.

Actually with BOTH you can doubt being saved, because a "Theolgical Doctrine" (like OSAS), or a "Systematic" (like Calvinism) is incapable of providing any REAL "Security" at all.

Security ONLY COMES by FAITH, and that ONLY through vital RELATIONSHIP with God.

Upvote 0

Josie Adams

Daughter of the Most High
Feb 18, 2015
Australia
✟15,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Be assured of your salvation. It is the helmet of salvation that the devil tries to take away to get in your head. The scriptures are clear that you can loose your salvation, but it is not the tightrope the devil wants you to believe. God has you in the palm of his hand. He loves you and will hold on to you. See John 10:29.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm split on this subject. Bob is right about this, but I've always questioned my personal beliefs regarding the subject. I can't tell if I'm more Calvinist or Arminian.

Why even use tags..like calvinist or arminian..
In my heart i have known times when backslidden that if i refused to repent and died in that state..i simply did not have peace with God..i only feared hell..
No one can speak for me or refute that.. I knew .

Since having been led by his grace to a place of godly sorrow resulting in repentance. .-i did not hide my guilt..i admitted my sin to God and he forgave me the iniquity of my sin...- Im now at peace with God and i know nothing can take me out of his hand...

So can a christian go to hell...? If they continue..(After God has made known to their heart their error.). To stubbonly refuse to turn from it..and they die in that state..the rebellious do not inherit the kingdom of God.

Is God merciful to preserve their life and so give them more oppurtunity to repent? ABSOLUTLEY.. :)

Does God know the heart and know that even if he gave them 1000yrs more they still wont repent and so cut them off from among the living...? Absolutley :( .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fearnot87

A BROKEN HEART AND A COPNTRITE SPIRIT
Feb 16, 2015
Awka, Nigeria
✟17,978.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well spoken guys but just to cap it all in Ezekiel 18:21-24 God says that if the wicked repents and begings to live rightly then he shall not die and all his past bad life shall be forgotten and as well if the righteous turns and begins to live wrongly,he shall die and all his previous righteousness will be forgotten.I think what the Lord is saying is that God will judge everybody in your present state before death,that's to say if a bornagain christian begins to live in sin and dies in such sins he/she will certainly go to hell.
Honestly the worste thing that can ever happen to a man is to miss heaven.I have really learnt alot from your replies.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well spoken guys but just to cap it all in Ezekiel 18:21-24 God says that if the wicked repents and begings to live rightly then he shall not die and all his past bad life shall be forgotten and as well if the righteous turns and begins to live wrongly,he shall die and all his previous righteousness will be forgotten.I think what the Lord is saying is that God will judge everybody in your present state before death,that's to say if a bornagain christian begins to live in sin and dies in such sins he/she will certainly go to hell.
Honestly the worste thing that can ever happen to a man is to miss heaven.I have really learnt alot from your replies.

I always liked that scripture….it is better to be at the gates of hell headed towards heaven, than at the gates of heaven but headed for hell.

Upvote 0