Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not mean to imply different....I agree with you. However, for the protection of the other people around them and for "justice" they need to be arrested and punished by the law of the land. They have not received a free ticket to go about their business as if nothing happened. Jesus said, "you will reap what you sow". Just because they're saved does not mean they will not have to reap what they have sown.

Yes my point was that turning themselves in to the governing authorities is not required for salvation.

Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
In short, to answer directly the question posed in the thread title: Yes, they can be. I agree 100% with everything ubicaritas has posted here so I won't bother responding further past this post as they've stated everything I would have myself. - Salvation is given to us. It's not earned, it's not deserved. It's free. To receive it, one must simply have faith and repent. Everyone are able to do that, regardless of what they have done wrong. Blessings to you.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
But that's the catch isn't it? How could anyone who believes in and loves Jesus ever harm an innocent child in that way? Child molesters do not love and protect children--they use them to satisfy very base instincts (the product of demonic influence) that cannot co-exist in the same body with the Holy Spirit. All people have sin of one sort or another--even though the Holy Spirit wars against that sin. But those under the domination of demons cannot be saved until a child of God orders those demons to leave in the name of Jesus and then pray for the Holy Spirit to fill those places vacated. Jesus showed the way to rid an individual of demonism--we should use it. He also said that the former demons would come back and bring other demons even worse with them if the Holy Spirit was not indwelling and protecting that person from future incursions.

As a practical measure, keeping child molesters away from children (and other child molesters as well) is absolutely essential--lest they be lured back into the former things. It is not advisable for former alcoholics to become bartenders or hang around with others who are engaging in drunkenness.
We all walked in the darkness at one time, didn't we?

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Okay I totally see what you’re saying, but let’s say then someone causes a believer (a child of god), a fresh babe in Christ, to stumble...then can they still be saved?

In other words, if someone caused someone to lose their faith in Jesus, but later in life repent of that sin, but the other person still has no faith...can they be saved?
Hello! I got your reply late so I apologize for not replying sooner. In response to your question above, yes even that person can still be saved: assuming they have not blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. If I caused someone to fall but, later repented of that sin: I am not responsible for that individual's actions if they decide not to turn back to Jesus Christ themselves. My grandfather grew up in the church but molested me and my four sisters, did I stumble in my faith in God and Jesus Christ? Yes I did. My grandfather is long dead but, even if he were alive: he is not responsible for making sure I turn my life over to God. And when we look at the Serpent in Eden He caused Adam and Eve to fall away but, God held them responsible for not turning to Him, not the Serpent.

Reactions: Jven79
Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Based on John 3:16, they have one

:) Exactly. Also Romans 10:9 - both of which are in my signature. Can a child molester not say the words Jesus is Lord and believe in their heart God raised them from the dead? Of course they can, therefore, like the rest of us who have made mistakes, they can be saved. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven, or so we've told in the Bible, and like it or not, LGBT, Paedophilia or whatever else is not it. So yes, they can be saved like everyone else. No sin is greater than any other except the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anybody can be saved. Jesus dies for all and everyone sins, when Christians are persecuted and treated badly, their enemies some people will try to make them stumble by getting them to act like them or causing them to sin and commit all kinds of blasphemy and whatnot against God and the rules of the bible...they don't like the goodness of a child of God so they try to get them to sin against God by doing bad deeds and acts on purpose and what not..its exactly what the devil does, he tries to get Gods children to sin and turn their hearts away from God..thats one of the ways how Christians or a child of God is stumbled..i don't know its weird but i seen it before or maybe i need to shutup..lol...i think anybody can be saved though if they want to be saved..God accepts all...

Upvote 0

Up Quark

Dec 5, 2016
USA
✟16,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Based on Matthew 18:6, my opinion is not a chance
Child molesters can be saved, if they truly repent. There is only one unforgivable sin, and that is when you attribute works of God to Satan (and vice versa). (Mark 3:28-30) This sin is called "unforgivable" because it is simply impossible for someone who has committed this sin to want to return to God, not because God refuses to forgive people who commit it. Caiaphas and the other priests committed this sin - they knew that Jesus was the Messiah, yet they still slandered him and said he was possessed by demons. (Mark 3:22-30), (Matthew 12:24)

If this is the ONLY unforgivable sin (and it is), then yes, child molesters can be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agreed.
Messiah took on all the Sins of the World,
so it is up to Him, case by case,
who He wants to save,
but from what He has revealed
it's seems next to impossible.
An unforgivable sin.

Still,
I see the Word as the Constitution
and Messiah as the Supreme Court Judge.
There may be a child who was brutally hurt
and while he was still hurting, 20 years later,
he hurt another child.
Then 30 years later,
he hears the Gospel,
repents & begs forgiveness
in Messiah.

Messiah is Free to Save him, if He wants.

There may be another reprobate,
who continues to hurt children
throughout his life
and at the end of his life
out of fear
begs forgiveness in Messiah.
>I< doubt Messiah will forgive him;
but it is still >Messiah's< right.

The important thing is,
not who cannot be forgiven,
but who has the guarantee of forgiveness:
those who have not committed any of the 3 unforgivable sins
nor the 4 near? unforgivable sins
and have heard, repented, confessed, begged & believed in Messiah
until death.

Which is 99.9999% of those who are Born Again;
perhaps even 100%.

It's upto Messiah in the end.
Though I will never accept a Child Molester into my Fellowship
no matter how much he claims to believe, etc.
To protect fellowship and myself
from all kinds of evil plots he could be planning.
I think you’re wrong. Somewhere in Isaiah I think chapter 53, maybe 55 it says stop doing the evil things of the world and God will FREELY forgive you.

Upvote 0

Pat4Jesus

Jun 22, 2018
Northwest Ohio
✟8,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

From your post and a few others with a similar view; it is clear that:

1. Your not a Catholic {or at least an informed one
2. Either don't know what the BIBLE teaches {or perhaps think that somehow it does not apply?}

John 20:19-23

1. [19] On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
    [20] When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
    [21] Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."
    [22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
    [23] If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.
    "
As a point of information:
There is only one UNFORGIVABLE sin: actual denial of GOD; evidenced by thought, words or deeds

So if even this grotesque Mortal sin upon repentance and re-conversion IS forgivable.

God Bless you,
Patrick

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then they should stop doing that if possible. But it's not unforgivable.

Ironically, many American evangelicals frequently scandalize the faith of others. I once knew a transwoman that was a Buddhist and she wanted nothing to do with anything Christian. She'ld been physically assaulted throughout highschool. I think that might be a good example of what Jesus was talking about. When you make somebody feel so hurt they want nothing to do with him.
You seem to have a real problem with Evangelicals, here by innuendo linking them to violence against a Buddhist. STOP IT ! Your haughty judgemental attitude to believers who don´t share your particular sectarian zeal is unbecoming.

Upvote 0

Pat4Jesus

Jun 22, 2018
Northwest Ohio
✟8,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

2. Either don't know what the BIBLE teaches {or perhaps think that somehow it does not apply?}

1. [19] On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."
    [20] When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
    [21] Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you."
    [22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
    [23] If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.
    "
There is only one UNFORGIVABLE sin: actual denial of GOD; evidenced by thought, words or deeds

So if even this grotesque Mortal sin upon repentance and re-conversion IS forgivable.

God Bless you,
Patrick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pat4Jesus

Jun 22, 2018
Northwest Ohio
✟8,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

"

God Bless you,
Patrick

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

"

God Bless you,
Patrick
Hmmmm, Peter denied God, but he was forgiven. The unforgivable sin is one for which no forgiveness is asked in full knowledge of the sin.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Based on John 3:16, they have one

So we have two pieces of scripture here, both spoken by Christ:

1) Matthew 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

So, what exactly does that mean?

Better for him if he were drowned before the fact so that he did not commit this clearly worse sin than most?

Does anyone have a different understanding of it?

Upvote 0

Pat4Jesus

Jun 22, 2018
Northwest Ohio
✟8,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

"

God Bless you,
Patrick

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So we have two pieces of scripture here, both spoken by Christ:

1) Matthew 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

So, what exactly does that mean?

Better for him if he were drowned before the fact so that he did not commit this clearly worse sin than most?

Does anyone have a different understanding of it?

You hypocrite, take out the log out of your own eye first so that you can see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

That was also spoken by Christ.

Upvote 0