Visit site
✟1,473,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the encouragement! It doesn’t surprise me that there is also some patriarchy mixed in. It has been a thorn and a hindrance. I am a female who has the gift of preaching and evangelism. For some reason that is doubted, but I know God gives gifts without repentance. I know there are many more like me. It’s why I have primarily used my gifts outside of the physical Church building. I try to remember Jesus was not welcomed to preach in the temple. He just did it. He did ministry primarily outside of the temple. He had women disciples as well as gifted women to be apostles. God is an equal opportunity employer. When will the time come where we take our faith into the world and get out of the building? I have preached in public and people listened. They may not have understood completely but they listened! I think it’s time we reconsider what Church means. The time is short and I believe the Church we need now is the one that will do the most good that can possibly be done, in the shortest time that will last the longest. “What would Jesus do?”

I'm glad you haven't been squashed. :)

I think there are a number of different possibilities, and some of them suit different personalities better than others. For me, it's not about being in the building, but the role I'm in comes with (for example) robust training, which I value.

For each of us, the place in which we can do the most good will be different. This is worth a read: Vocation — Frederick Buechner

Reactions: Summer Reyes
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the encouragement! It doesn’t surprise me that there is also some patriarchy mixed in. It has been a thorn and a hindrance. I am a female who has the gift of preaching and evangelism. For some reason that is doubted, but I know God gives gifts without repentance. I know there are many more like me. It’s why I have primarily used my gifts outside of the physical Church building. I try to remember Jesus was not welcomed to preach in the temple. He just did it. He did ministry primarily outside of the temple. He had women disciples as well as gifted women to be apostles. God is an equal opportunity employer. When will the time come where we take our faith into the world and get out of the building? I have preached in public and people listened. They may not have understood completely but they listened! I think it’s time we reconsider what Church means. The time is short and I believe the Church we need now is the one that will do the most good that can possibly be done, in the shortest time that will last the longest. “What would Jesus do?”
You have the right attitude. Ordination is not the creation of a calling is the recognition of what's already there (though ordination can bring it to next levels). Meaning one should already be doing the ministry to some degree and the calling should be apparent. You're already doing the work of the ministry... keep it up! Don't let resistance (as you've seen here) deter you. Keep serving God and don't let the opinions of man limit you in any way. The Bible considers homosexual/formicating behavior active sin, that is why it is a disqualification for ministry leadership. Being a woman is not a sin. That being said, we all should have leadership & covering who display integrity and fruit that we are accountable to, so be looking for that and make yourself available to it as well. Ultimately, just continue to follow your passion for God and let Him open/close the doors.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I have had a strong calling to the ministry for 9 years. For some reason it has never worked out within a Church. I have done more ministry outside of the church. I’m wondering if this normal. All of it unpaid and mostly unplanned. I have tried to plan it but it doesn’t seem to work as well as the spontaneous leading of the Spirit. I am wondering if anyone else is feeling like a time is coming where ministry will take place primarily outside of a Church?

Word of mouth has always been how Christianity has spread. X person telling a freind, neighbor, business associate etc., the freind, neighbor, business associate etc going on to hear a preacher/teacher or ask more qusestions and then telling their friends and so forth. The Apostle Paul drew great crowds because of all this word of mouth behind the scenes of neighbors and freind and associates saying "you've got to hear what this man is saying!"

Church groups are indispensable as collectively they can finance things such as soup kitchens and other community outreach programs, but a lot of the Gospel is still individuals telling individuals.

I once heard of an American businessman who regularly did business in places like the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and all he would do is place a Bible near him while having business meetings, which resulted in some who saw the Bible would come up and talk to him about our faith privately.

He did his part in spreading the Gospel, as should we all be the light of Christ to those who come into contact with us.

Even if it just seems to small and insignificant, it can make a huge impact. Who would think just placing a Bible near to you without saying a word would make an impact? But it can even here.

• Agree
Reactions: Zion Princess
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder whether something like pastoral care in a hospital might be a good fit for you, OP? And is at least an example of a "normal" ministry that's not within a church.

This is what I plan to do. I am in a seminary working on a master of art in chaplaincy and ministry care degree, after which I will seek to be ordained to become a hospital and hospice chaplain.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Have you had a conversation with your denomination's director of vocations (or equivalent), @Jeffwhosoever? I know that with ours, before any acceptance as an ordination candidate there were medical exams and we had to show a fair degree of physical capacity.

Not that I want to discourage you, but it's probably better to work out what's possible early in the process rather than later.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Good input. I'll ask. I'm not really tied to a denomination and have been to Baptist and Non-denominational churches. I received an ordination from some online group but I am skeptical it is real. Let me find it and see what you think.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
National Association of Christian Ministers
NACM Ordination Application

We are writing to confirm that we received your request for ordination. Thank you for your interest in serving our Lord by answering a call to ministry. We are prayerfully reviewing your application, and performing public information background checks. We should have an answer for you within the next seven days. If you have any questions about the status of your application, or orders that you have placed for credentials, please direct them to: help@nacministers.org

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I filled out a lot of questions and sent it of and a week letter got a letter of ordination from the above, but again, its not real life so I doubt it counts much. I am a student at Dallas Theological Seminary and accepted into their Master of Art in Chaplaincy and Ministry Care and they know I'm confined to a 400 pound wheelchair, and they accepted me. Its a 79 semester hour program so not exactly a lightweight program, but I didn't want an easy program.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Robert1849

Oct 31, 2021
PRIEST RIVER
Visit site
✟18,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I have had a strong calling to the ministry for 9 years. For some reason it has never worked out within a Church. I have done more ministry outside of the church. I’m wondering if this normal. All of it unpaid and mostly unplanned. I have tried to plan it but it doesn’t seem to work as well as the spontaneous leading of the Spirit. I am wondering if anyone else is feeling like a time is coming where ministry will take place primarily outside of a Church?
Hello Z.P., The short answer to your question (based on personal experience) is yes. As a person who has served in a church for years, then did Church planting on our own and eventually was on staff at a large International prophetic ministry, I can say that you need to embrace the struggle. It is apart of the process of getting you ready for your next steps He has for you. Now that does not mean you need to "be silent" and do nothing.
Try your hands at many things, even things you would not have considered because in the process the Holy Spirit just might have a surprise for you.

Robert Foster
Breadstone Publishing

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a reasonable, biblically sound, scripturally complete basis for women in ministry leadership.
I realize this thread is more than a few months old, as is this statement.
That said, and I have no intent of sealioning, or even trolling, could you share your biblical case for women in ministry leadership?
If you've already done so and I just haven't read far enough yet, thank you.

Upvote 0

Summer Reyes

Apr 6, 2022
Texas
✟9,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While this is not an uncommon view, it is just flat out untrue and not biblical. Don't listen to it.
Amen!!! In 1 Timothy 3, Paul was giving instructions on what the life of a “Pastor” or overseer should look like. To often this “man made” literal doctrine has crept into the Body of Christ and stifled women called by God to His Kingdom business. When it was written the “husband of one wife” meant no polygamy which in Rome and Greece was allowed and as Christ followers we were to be as designed by God and laid out in Genesis one husband (Adam) and one wife (Eve). To often this has been misconstrued and infiltrated the Church by men who either have issues with women or have unresolved unforgiveness of hurts/wounds by a women who was an authority figure (mom/grandma). We have to understand when this was written what was going on in the world around them and how they (us) needed to be set apart according to God’s Design. Not bash women. I always ask people who believe this way of thinking to explain to me Deborah, Miriam, Esther, Phoebe, Priscilla, Anna from the Word of God. Especially Deborah and Phoebe. Deborah sat as judge over all of Israel and Phoebe was a Minister. It saddens me that there are people who do not understand the context and then propagate their own understanding to discredit a call by God on someone else.

Upvote 0

Summer Reyes

Apr 6, 2022
Texas
✟9,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am right there with you!!! I have the same calling to share The Gospel and God’s Kingdom outside of the 4 walls of a church. Revival is for ALL, book of Acts and the WHOLE and complete Word of God is for ALL not just men. I am an ordained minister and studied through CLI for my Ordination. They actually welcome those of us who have heard the Call of Our Lord on our lives to move according to the Call. You are welcome to reach out to me directly and we can chat. God Bless You Sister in His Abundant Love and Grace!!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Zion Princess

Jul 6, 2021
Cincinnati
✟10,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am right there with you!!! I have the same calling to share The Gospel and God’s Kingdom outside of the 4 walls of a church. Revival is for ALL, book of Acts and the WHOLE and complete Word of God is for ALL not just men. I am an ordained minister and studied through CLI for my Ordination. They actually welcome those of us who have heard the Call of Our Lord on our lives to move according to the Call. You are welcome to reach out to me directly and we can chat. God Bless You Sister in His Abundant Love and Grace!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I just saw this. Forgive me but how do I private message? I’m new on here.
I believe that you need 20 (or 25?) posts and 5 likes before you can start your own PM. However, you can participate in a PM that someone else creates and invites you to join until you get the required number of posts/likes to start your own PM thread.

When you can create your own, the easiest way to start a PM thread is to click on a member’s name or avatar and then click on “Start a Conversation”.

—David

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Zion Princess, you already have your 5+ likes, so just keep making quick posts/replies and you'll have your 20 (25?) needed posts in no time :oldthumbsup:

God bless you!!

--David

edit: I just checked the board rules. Starting a PM or "Conversation" requires 20 posts/5 likes, just FYI.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello again @Zion Princess, my username is an (albeit imperfect) attempt at expressing the sentiment that is found in one of Martin Luther's famous little Latin phrases (the one just below my avatar), Simul Justus et Peccator (which basically means "at the same time just and sinner").

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - since it basically speaks along the same lines as the above, here's one of my very favorite quotes, (from Spurgeon).

Spurgeon - Hope Lives - Trust - He, not I am holy.jpg

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf,
so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"
2 Corinthians 5:21

Upvote 0