Status
Not open for further replies.

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
SackLunch said:
Question is, will it work to Bush's advantage, or will it just make him look less caring and more out of touch?

<snip>
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush
DONNELLY, Idaho - President Bush suggested Tuesday that anti-war protesters such as Cindy Sheehan, who want the troops brought home immediately, do not represent the views of most U.S. military families and are "advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."
<snip>

How is this an attack?

It's the truth.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
MichaelFJF said:
You may justify it any way you like. The facts are:
1.To the terrorists, the anti-war crowd gives them hope and strength. Perception is reality.
2. To the troops, the anti-war crowd is against them and their efforts. Perception is reality.

I always think it's funny when protesters tell us how much they support the troops.

I don't see how you can demonize the Commander in Chief, ridicule their mission, accuse them of killing civilians, call them Nazis and still say you're in their corner.

If that's supporting the troops, then who needs enemies when you have friends like this?

My dad used to tell me that when he was in San Diego, he and his buddies wouldn't wear their uniforms when they went out because they'd be spit on and harrassed.

I wonder if that can be far behind, today.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
12volt_man said:
How is this an attack?
It's the truth.
It's funny. Bush doesn't meet with Cindy, he's callous and cold.
Bush ignores Cindy's protest he's deliberately ignoring here, and again, callous and cold.
Bush releases a mild statement about (Cindy) not being representative of all military families, and it's an attack.
Is there anything Bush could've said that the left would see as an acceptable declination?

Upvote 0

MoodyBlue

Veteran
Jun 14, 2004
Virginia
✟17,934.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
12volt_man said:
I always think it's funny when protesters tell us how much they support the troops.

I don't see how you can demonize the Commander in Chief, ridicule their mission, accuse them of killing civilians, call them Nazis and still say you're in their corner.

If that's supporting the troops, then who needs enemies when you have friends like this?

My dad used to tell me that when he was in San Diego, he and his buddies wouldn't wear their uniforms when they went out because they'd be spit on and harrassed.

I wonder if that can be far behind, today.

I get the feeling that some folks see any disagreement with the Bush administration as being anti-American and just this side of being a traitor. Scary.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MoodyBlue said:
I get the feeling that some folks see any disagreement with the Bush administration as being anti-American and just this side of being a traitor. Scary.
No, I have no problem with those who disagree with Bush myself. I was a McCain man, myself. But a large segment of the anti-war crowd is so far to the left, there's actually support for the insurgents in Iraq. Diagree if you like- we all have that right. Protest? Good on you, mate. But when you post comments like 'the US is the biggest terrorist of all' (Cindy Sheehan), don't cry foul when the Anti-American label is tacked onto you. Protest without hateful rhetoric is more effective, but seldom as much fun, I suppose.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
MoodyBlue said:

No one is criticizing anyone for disagreeing with President Bush. I'm criticizing the way that they're going about expressing these disagreements.

I don't believe that they're treasonous, but they are giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Scribbler said:
It's funny. Bush doesn't meet with Cindy, he's callous and cold.
Bush ignores Cindy's protest he's deliberately ignoring here, and again, callous and cold.
Bush releases a mild statement about (Cindy) not being representative of all military families, and it's an attack.
Is there anything Bush could've said that the left would see as an acceptable declination?

I haven't really gotten that far yet. I'm still trying to figure out why they insist on pretending that he won't meet with her, when he's already met with her. She even praised him for his sympthy and compassion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.