Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I certainly don't support bullying or assaulting LGBTQ people. But I still don't think promoting their lifestyle and agenda is healthy.

So if we acknowledge that they are entitled to the same rights as the rest of us, what is the problem with that?

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So if we acknowledge that they are entitled to the same rights as the rest of us, what is the problem with that?
We all have the right to pursue happiness. That doesn't mean we all have a right to have our agenda taught to kindergarten children or to be included in content for two year olds. Especially when much of that agenda is erroneous (like their 57 genders and the idea that kids should have body parts chopped off of them without notifying their parents because they told the teacher they identify as another gender).

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We all have the right to pursue happiness. That doesn't mean we all have a right to have our agenda taught to kindergarten children or to be included in content for two year olds.

I don't see that happening in my public schools. But I'd be interested to see the curriculum documents showing that it is.

What do you have? Actual documents, not stories by someone on the net.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't see that happening in my public schools. But I'd be interested to see the curriculum documents showing that it is.
I don't go to school, nor do I have children in school. I would be surprised to see it happening in my area anyway, since I live in a very red state.

It must be happening though, or why would Democrats be lying about DeSantis' bill to keep sexual content from being taught to kids age K-3 without parental consent, by calling it the "Don't say gay bill"? I have also seen video of Disney creators saying they were committed to cramming as much gay material into children's content as possible.

Upvote 0

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The article states "The government acknowledges that eating insects is a new practice but is investing in it for the good of the environment"

I noticed in the article the adults weren't eating crickets chips, they were giving them to kids to eat, asking them how it tastes. Why didn't the adults eat it first and tell the kids how it taste? Wonder how many of these environmentalist government clowns have incorporated bugs into their diets?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't go to school, nor do I have children in school. I would be surprised to see it happening in my area anyway, since I live in a very red state.

It must be happening though

Who needs evidence? Anyone who cares about the truth. This is increasingly looking like another of those far-right fairy tales (pun intended).

It must be happening though, or why would Democrats be lying about DeSantis' bill to keep sexual content from being taught to kids age K-3 without parental consent, by calling it the "Don't say gay bill"?

It appears that's what it is. Don't know why he'd be ashamed of that. Don't guess that he is; he's just concerned that there's a lot of blowback from moderate and even conservative voters.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It appears that's what it is. Don't know why he'd be ashamed of that.
If it isn't happening, why is the left so upset that DeSantis is trying to put a stop to it?
But I've seen videos of leftist teachers saying that they were going to teach LGBTQ values to their kids, no matter what the law is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If it isn't happening, why is the left so upset that DeSantis is trying to put a stop to it?

Gay-bashing used to be a popular political stunt. But it looks like it might come back and bit him. This is why so many democrats are trying to tie it around his neck.

But the lack of evidence for the claim is noted.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
But the lack of evidence for the claim is noted.
So your position actually is that LGBTQ content is not being taught in schools? Despite all the parents complaining about their kids being taught it? Despite all the teachers online talking about teaching it or coming out to their students? What about the gender unicorn?
Gender Unicorn -

Here's a page stressing the importance of teaching LGBTQ content in elementary schools:
Elementary Resources

This page provides lesson plans for grades K-5:
Elementary School Lesson Plans: History Frameworks » Teaching LGBTQ History

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So your position actually is that LGBTQ content is not being taught in schools?

I notice when asked to support the claim with some evidence, none was forthcoming. It does affect the credibility of the claim.

Despite all the parents complaining about their kids being taught it?

I notice a lot of white supremacists claiming that CRT is taught in public schools, in spite of the fact that it is only taught in colleges. So there is that.

Despite all the teachers online talking about teaching it or coming out to their students?

Document that. Curriculum documents or whatever objective evidence you have. And if you don't have it, what makes you think it's any different than the fake stories about CRT?

What about the gender unicorn?

This is not a public school or even a government entity at all. It's just some people who want it discussed in public school. I think you made my point for me.

Here's a page stressing the importance of teaching LGBTQ content in elementary schools:

My malware killer didn't like it. So probably not a school site, either.

And the last isn't a public school organization.

If a school teaches that people have different sexual identities and everyone deserves respect and to be left alone, that's a great thing. Advocating for any particular role is not the function of government. From the information you've provided, it looks like public schools are handing it well. Keep in mind that public schools are going to reflect the thinking of the public they serve. And as acceptance of LGBTQ people has greatly increased over recent years, it's not surprising if that's reflected in the school board decisions; they are elected, after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaveISBA

Mar 1, 2020
Richmond
✟33,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
From the article "Canada’s government is investing $6.5 million (C$8.5 million) in a new production plant that will produce cricket protein for pet and human food" "The decision to introduce insects into the mainstream food supply is an environmental one."

Did Canada’s government run this past the Canadian civilian population? It doesn't appear so! Another example of liberal environmental elitists jamming down our throats, pun intended, policies with no public input or participation other than forcing people to eat bugs!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did Canada’s government run this past the Canadian civilian population? It doesn't appear so!

Seems like a useful thing, so long as the packaging on such food makes it clear from where the protein is coming.

Another example of liberal environmental elitists jamming down our throats, pun intended, policies with no public input or participation other than forcing people to eat bugs!

I'm guessing no one is going to force you to buy it and eat it at gunpoint. Are you perhaps worried that people will eventually find insects to be an acceptable food? What exactly is the point, if not to merely stoke the ongoing far-right addiction to being outraged at Dr. Suess, Mr. Potato Head, or dark-skinned mermaids?

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Didn't say it was, but it shows that pushing the agenda onto children goes beyond the school system, it's a culture wide thing.

Why do Democrats always start with "This isn't happening" and then pivot to "Well, I approve of it anyway"? Why not start with defending it, if you agree with it? But it's like first they have to gaslight you by telling you it isn't going on.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's been a strange push lately to get people to eat more bugs. Bill Gates has talked about it many times on social media, and many news outlets have attempted to convince people that it's completely normal to munch on crickets.

Celebrity and household name Nicole Kidman is the next in line in the attempt to normalize eating bugs. She sat down for a segment with Vanity Fair in which she was served a four-course meal of bugs, many of which were still alive. It was odd to say the least.

Continued below.
Nicole Kidman Eats A 4-Course Meal Of Bugs On Camera In An Attempt To Normalize Eating Insects

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Didn't say it was, but it shows that pushing the agenda onto children goes beyond the school system, it's a culture wide thing.

So now it's just "some people want to do it" instead of "they're doing it in public schools."

Why do Democrats always start with "This isn't happening"

I vote democratic sometimes. But I merely asked you do provide the evidence that it is happening, with curriculum documents.

You then pivoted to "Well, maybe not schools, but some people want it, anyway."

Why start with claiming it, if you didn't have any evidence for it? But it's like first they have to gaslight us by telling us that schools are doing it.

I suppose that we won't be seeing those curriculum documents, anytime soon...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is the thread about people eating insects are are we going to derail it with the whole LGBTQ+E thing?

You know, I was remembering a few years back when the social ancestors of today's "I'm offended" addicts started a rumor that McDonald's was saving money by putting ground worms in their hamburgers.

Turns out, worms then cost more per pound than ground beef, which once demonstrated, put a quick end to that snowflakery.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a growing interest in insects as a promising alternative source of protein that can potentially contribute to help solving the imminent global food crisis. However, research on insect-based foods (IBFs) has repeatedly pointed to the fact that, in many countries and cultures, negative attitudes towards eating insects are one of the most significant obstacles to promoting the consumption of IBFs. To date, only a small number of studies have investigated effective strategies to increase the acceptance of those foods.

Continued below.
Celebrity insects: Exploring the effect of celebrity endorsement on people’s willingness to eat insect-based foods - ScienceDirect

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, I was remembering a few years back when the social ancestors of today's "I'm offended" addicts started a rumor that McDonald's was saving money by putting ground worms in their hamburgers.

Turns out, worms then cost more per pound than ground beef, which once demonstrated, put a quick end to that snowflakery.
I don’t think we are allowed to use that term here anymore. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all know that we should be eating insects. After all, bugs are a dietary staple for billions of people around the globe, and they have a significantly lower environmental footprint than meat. But Americans are still having a tricky time getting over the “ick” factor that comes with munching on crawling critters.

The concept is popular in theory. According to Meticulous Research, the global insects market is expected to be valued at almost $1.2 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 23.8% from 2018. This increase is mainly due to a ballooning population, waning food resources, and a high demand for protein.

All logical arguments aside, a lot of people are still pretty grossed out when it comes to eating bugs. But some influencers — chefs, celebrities, and celebrity chefs — are trying to change that.

Continued below.
Can Celebrities (and Celebrity Chefs) Help Us Overcome The Insect “Ick” Factor?

Upvote 0