Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Milla said:
Interesting article.

Of course, when I think of beheadings, I really do tend to think of France. That whole guillitine and all. So perhaps we should consider that behaeadings are hardly unique to Islam, eh?
I suppose so. Beheadings have proven a very effective instrument of state terror in the past. Still, I am not so reactionary as to advocate going back to the 'good old days' of revolutionary France and the ways that the western world had of doing things back then.
But your point is well taken. What good for the goose is good for the gander and all. Some people might even consider it fun to run around with the head of an enemy on a stick.
Morality is all relative anyway, but oh well...

Upvote 0

Sangarime

Jul 5, 2004
HI
✟722.00
Faith
Christian
Hi and I am glad to be able to find, if not someone to talk with, then a place to talk about the beheadings. I don't know where you all saw the videos of the executions but the site I was in showed some very gruesome footages and videos of other victims of the war, as well as other things. With subscription, one can view more atrocious acts caught on film. I did not need to subscribe, needless to say. Anyway, the beheadings really :cry: disturbed me. I have just viewed the video of the Korean Christian Kim Sun Il being beheaded. And, when I got enough nerve back, I witnessed the beheading of Nick Berg. I was very shaken after the Nick Berg clip. It was hard to hear it. I just needed to find someone to talk to. I am glad for this Christian site. Thank you.

My feelings ranged from shock and fear to tremendous sadness, and then to extreme anger. What an insulting (and that is their aim) display to not only the American people, but to the families and loved ones of those men.

I have to go and I will check later for any other posts.
Thank you.:sigh:

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Welcometo Christian Forums, Sangarime.

The shock, fear, sadness and anger that you are experiencing are the normal human emotions that I hope we all could feel. I agree that the aim of these Islamic terrorists is to insult and humiliate Americans, and furthermore, to dishearten Americans from doing what needs to be done in that part of the world.

Such acts also likely are also meant to rally like-minded Islamics into a jihadic blood frenzy. Moreover, they also serve to cow more moderate Moslems into submission. There is always the implied threat that whatever is happening to the infidel of the Satanic West could just as easily happen to any Moslem who dares oppose them.

Hopefully, more and more Moslems will begin to see the version of Islamic justice that advocates such beheadings and amputations as the medieval relics that they are. However, the trend seems to be just the opposite. The way that Moslem fundamentalists express their disdain for all of the ME states, and at the same time embrace sharia can only lead to a point where more and more Moslem zealots decide to take this Islamic form of justice into their own hands.

Personally, I never watched the videos.

Upvote 0

Sangarime

Jul 5, 2004
HI
✟722.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for the "Welcome", Solomon!

It has taken me several days to have less and less recurring scenes in my mind about the beheadings. Though I felt so strongly and wanted to tell others, if they wanted to see the videos, hoping somehow it will educate them as to the atrocities these people have done, I realize that the graphic nature of the videos can truly paralyze weak-hearted people, and could lead someone to do things they would otherwise not do. I understand why it would sometimes be necessary for someone and why it wouldn't be necessary for another.

Thank you again.

God bless you Solomon! :)

"Real friendship is a slow growth and never thrives unless engrafted upon a stock of known and reciprocal merit." - Lord Chesterfield

Upvote 0

stillsmallvoice

The Narn rule!
May 8, 2002
Maaleh Adumim, Israel
Visit site
✟18,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi all!

Guess what?! Israelis & Americans (that Zionist-Crusader alliance again) are responsible for the beheadings:
_____

Last update - 13:44 13/07/2004
Iran: Israel, U.S. behind kidnappings of foreigners in Iraq

By Yossi Melman, Haaretz Correspondent, Reuters and Haaretz Service

Iran's spiritual leader Ali Khamenei said Tuesday that he believed the United States and Israel were behind the kidnapping and killings of foreigners in Iraq.

"We seriously suspect the agents Americans and Israelis in conducting such horrendous terrorist moves," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei as saying in a meeting with visiting Singaporean Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong.

"[We] cannot believe that the people who kidnap Philippine nationals, for instance, or beheaded U.S. nationals are Muslims."

Radical Islamic groups opposed to the presence of U.S.-led forces in Iraq have claimed responsibility for the kidnappings of foreign nationals there.

A group calling itself the Islamic Army in Iraq has demanded the withdrawal of Filipino troops from Iraq by July 20 in return for the freedom of kidnapped Filipino truck driver Angelo de la Cruz.

Iran frequently trades barbed rhetoric with its arch foes the United States and Israel, which accuse Tehran of sponsoring terrorist groups and developing nuclear arms.

But Khamenei said Iran was committed to fighting terrorism.

"Terrorism is a loathsome, horrible phenomenon and the Islamic Republic of Iran has deeply felt its consequences ever since many years ago and that is the reason why we consider the campaign against terrorism not only essential but also of great importance," he said.
_____

Link: http://tinyurl.com/5g66v

Be well!

ssv :wave:

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Iran is committed to fighting terrorism, through nuclear power if necessary. Of course, it defines terrorism as Israel and the US.
There likely is a subtext in the message being sent out as well. Iran's tentacles in Iraq extend through Iraq's Shia community, and the 'non-muslim' groups of beheaders that Iran is speaking are very likely Moslems of the Sunni sort. If the Sunnis responsible for the beheadings are to gain the upper hand in Iraq, this would not be in Iran's interest.
As for Iran not being a state sponsor of terrorism, from the seige of the US embasssy in Tehran in 1979, through its sponsorship of Hizbollah and the suicide bombing of the American barracks in Lebanon, Iran has done more to legitimize terrorism as a response against the Great and Little Satan's that are America and Israel than any other in the Middle East, save perhaps the grandaddy of modern Middle Eastern terrorism, Yasser Arafat. One only has to recall that Reagan was dealing indirectly with the terrorists through Iran's ayatollahs in his arms for hostages deal to understand that the Iranian state has always been the direct link to much of the terrorism of the Middle East.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, Israel is so far winning this intifada. The Palestinians are showing definite signs of becoming discouraged.

I wonder what Iran's response will be? They don't seem to be so much into the beheadings as their Sunni cousins. Will we see them supplying terrorists with nuclear material perhaps?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums