✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wikipedia:

The FBI describes the Oath Keepers as a “paramilitary organization” and a “large but loosely organized collection of militia who believe that the federal government has been coopted by a shadowy conspiracy that is trying to strip American citizens of their rights.

Perhaps Wikipedia should amend this entry so that the last bit reads 'trying to strip American citizens of their money'. How often it turns out that the high moral ground claimed by ultra-nationalists, neo-nazis and kindred spirits is a cover for venality!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So who in the GOP gave the order to charge?

The man who said the following:

'We won this election, and we won it by a landslide'
'We will stop the steal'
'We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen'
'We are going to the Capitol'
'If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore'

A few minutes later, hundreds of bad apples marched on the Capitol, egged on by the most spoiled one in the bunch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
According to the feds, Morss was at the capitol riot on January 6th with a knife and scissors in his vest.

Various photos included in the court papers reportedly show Morss near a front line of rioters, at times attempting to wrestle a baton or fencing way from police.

At his home, police listed finding a rifle, shotgun and handgun, along with a fully constructed U.S. capitol Lego set.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
45a3e7c0-8a1c-489c-a231-6ff5bba18232_1.c39aa01fc97597ecb8a557a60db348cd.jpeg

No a Leggo set! How horrible.

What happened that day was horrific - especially after the President told the crowd to respect the Police and stay peaceful.

Trump tells supporters to 'stay peaceful' as protesters storm Capitol

Then later:

“I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side, but you have to go home now,” Trump said, continuing to assert claims he has failed to prove in court. “We have to have peace. We have to have law and order.”​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John Sullivan:

John Sullivan, the Antifa activist who stormed the U.S. Capitol on January 6 and sold footage to CNN, had $90,000 seized by authorities.

John Sullivan, the Antifa and BLM activist who stormed the Capitol on January 6 while disguised in Trump 2020 gear and captured video of the Capitol Police shooting of Ashli Babbitt has had $90,000 – ostensibly the funds he was paid by mainstream media outlets for his viral footage from the day – seized by the federal government.

Sullivan, who posted videos watermarked with Jayden X on social media, claims he stormed the U.S. Capitol – disguised as a supporter of President Donald Trump – in an effort to “document” the civil unrest. “I wanted to be able to tell a part of history,” Sullivan claimed in January. Speaking to the media, he seemingly acknowledged that Black Lives Matter and Antifa were present during the civil unrest, but claimed that “It’s just recording, solely, and not being active in it.” It was later reported that Sullivan sold his footage of the civil unrest to both CNN and NBC for $35,000 apiece.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What happened that day was horrific - especially after the President told the crowd to respect the Police and stay peaceful.

Yes, it was - especially before Trump called for peaceful demonstrations.

Here is the first sentence from the article:

US President Donald Trump called for "peaceful" protests on Wednesday after his supporters stormed the Capitol following a rally during which he urged Congress to reject Democrat Joe Biden's election victory.

There appears to be an effort to revise history.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it was - especially before Trump called for peaceful demonstrations.

Here is the first sentence from the article:

US President Donald Trump called for "peaceful" protests on Wednesday after his supporters stormed the Capitol following a rally during which he urged Congress to reject Democrat Joe Biden's election victory.

There appears to be an effort to revise history.

And here is a direct quote from his speech before they left.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

That was quite a while before. This is the end of the speech.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.

And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come.

So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America.

Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
“I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side, but you have to go home now,” Trump said, continuing to assert claims he has failed to prove in court. “We have to have peace. We have to have law and order.”​
That bolded part is the entire reason anybody decided to attack the Capitol in the first place.

I agree he told them to go peacefully but the tinder box had already been set and the match already struck.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They were not just tourists on holiday. They went from the White House to the Capitol at Trump's instigation. They committed numerous offences and threatened the lives of Senators and Vice President Pence. They assaulted police and rampaged through the building. They erected a gallows.

More than 500 (and counting) are awaiting trial. And Trump appeared to approve. Many of those charged have declared that they were doing Trump's work.

However hard Republicans of a certain stamp try to revise history they are unable to erase the facts.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

He said the word "peacefully" one time but in the context of all his violent rhetoric it came off as sarcastic. His overall message was clearly inciteful of violent insurrection. When you use the words "fight" and "peacefully" in the same speech, it's the other words that indicate which one you REALLY mean.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

The FBI has infiltrated a "Bible study" group in Virginia that after the January 6 riot had members discussing surveilling the US Capitol and their wish for secession from the US, and investigators closely followed one member's plans to build and test Molotov cocktails, according to recently unsealed court records.

The agent then attended what the group members called a "Bible study" meeting at an Alexandria, Virginia, house in February, where the group members discussed the Bible and secession, weaponry and combat training, and using methods to make their communications private, according to court records.

Must be one of those American Bibles.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.