SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
and that is your idol before God. God did not say look at the stars for the signs but look to My Word for your signs. That is the difference.

If you would like to speak of the sun and moon in Rev would be happy to. I believe the sun becoming black is pointing to the sun burning out, and the moon being blood could mean a solar flare. Why does everyone see God coming in the clouds? Because His is the only light they have for days. just my two cents.

Ok, I won't argue with you any more on the subject.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How was I condescending ?

See but you are promoting your view to others, and I am saying hey you are preaching something other than what Paul preached, don't follow him.:) for the others its not all about you.:)

Fact is you are worshiping astrology and not God, and when you post that view on a Christian forum that serves God you are going to get people calling you out. There is an alternative religion forum I think, however, this is the baptist section.

So as long as you preach something other than the Bible, you will be called out. I don't need you tell me I am doing my job or have done it. God commands me not you. I mean that in the most loving way to friend.

So maybe another section such as unorthodox section? :)

The OP of this thread is a common topic in Baptist circles, and your reaction to it and your opinion about it is also common in Baptist circles. Thank you for adding to the discussion.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Have you seen Alberto Rivera ..

No, haven't seen Alberto Rivera, thank you for asking, I'll do a fast web search now and see what he's big on.

Is he talking about how any who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution and the beheading of John the Baptist really is not a rare event for Christians around the world today? Is he talking about how God is trying to warn a nation which has fallen away from God?

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Have you seen Alberto Rivera ..

Feb 07, 2009 · The Late Jesuit Fr. Alberto Rivera's wife, Nury, Refuses Vatican Bribes After her husband was killed for trying to tell the truth about Vatican and Jesuit ...

Ok, this is about all I know about the man, but the youtube thing starts with him quoting the Bible at the beginning of a message form a pulpit and he's dressed in a good suit.....apparently martyred by Catholic thugs for his faith...sounds like a man I can respect and appreciate.

I pray that I'll have that much guts to stand for truth when faced with the dangers from the enemy.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I won't argue with you any more on the subject.

I like what you have to say , I've seen the same things you speak about and more .. Some Christians run from it .. I see the signs pretty much as you do .. And I'm going to continue to watch .. Jesus spoke of end times and that alone qualifies us to watch ..

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Feb 07, 2009 · The Late Jesuit Fr. Alberto Rivera's wife, Nury, Refuses Vatican Bribes After her husband was killed for trying to tell the truth about Vatican and Jesuit ...

Ok, this is about all I know about the man, but the youtube thing starts with him quoting the Bible at the beginning of a message form a pulpit and he's dressed in a good suit.....apparently martyred by Catholic thugs for his faith...sounds like a man I can respect and appreciate.

I pray that I'll have that much guts to stand for truth when faced with the dangers from the enemy.

Rivera was getting pretty high in the order , He tells of how he was taught that Islam was a catholic invention that later got out of control and how that Jesuits infiltrate every institution in order to gain control even the different protestant churches , schools , government .. Just saying .. It's so crazy but interesting ..

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
hmmmm...interesting stuff, but in this thread I want to try to focus on conversation around the OP because I'm hearing so much about it at my Baptist Church as well as from other Baptists in the community who attend different Baptist Churches.

You will get yourself in a big heap of hot water if you start talking about the evils of the Catholic Church ever since it was founded around 300 a. d. as an attempt to consolidate the continually crumbling Roman Empire.

Look how I'm getting in hot water simply for saying by all appearances in current events, God is warning us to repent. Bring in the evils of the Catholic church on top of that and this whole thread will probably go up in flames as opponents do all they can to shut you up.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hmmmm...interesting stuff, but in this thread I want to try to focus on conversation around the OP because I'm hearing so much about it at my Baptist Church as well as from other Baptists in the community who attend different Baptist Churches.

You will get yourself in a big heap of hot water if you start talking about the evils of the Catholic Church ever since it was founded around 300 a. d. as an attempt to consolidate the continually crumbling Roman Empire.

I know ,right

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So now we have the apparent warnings from God with signs coinciding with blood moons, the evils of Catholicism from the time of the founding of Islam...add to that something about William Tyndale being burned at the stake for fearlessly translating the Word of God to bring about an Authorized English version which would replace all others....

That will really darken the sun on this thread.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I like what you have to say , I've seen the same things you speak about and more .. Some Christians run from it .. I see the signs pretty much as you do .. And I'm going to continue to watch .. Jesus spoke of end times and that alone qualifies us to watch ..

I finished Genesis today in my daily Bible reading, trying to get through cover to cover at least once each year. Started late last year and finished a couple weeks ago.

Joseph told his father about the dream he had where Jacob and Joseph's eleven brothers all bowed to Joseph. Jacob was a bit outraged at the idea, but the Bible says he kept the saying...he laid it to heart, he did not flat out reject it from being possible even though it sounded so far fetched. Jacob's brothers took the dreams offensively and I think you know what his brothers did about it.

I don't know what the percentages are today, but I think it's a lot more than "some" Christians who will run from it when you talk about these things.

It doesn't bother me if people don't want to hear it, but is the reason they don't want to hear it because they are too busy attending to their own self-interest in the world or is it because they are too busy trying to spread the gospel, praying for the lost, and reading the Bible?

That's what I'm really all about in this thread. Christians need to get on fire for God before He puts fire under our feet to wake us up in persecutions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So now we have the apparent warnings from God with signs coinciding with blood moons, the evils of Catholicism from the time of the founding of Islam...add to that something about William Tyndale being burned at the stake for fearlessly translating the Word of God to bring about an Authorized English version which would replace all others....

That will really darken the sun on this thread.

Back to the OP , 2015-16 is the year of Jubilee .. concerning the 7 yr cycles , this one could have some real fireworks 7x7+1 .. It's pretty exciting to be alive at this time

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I've seen a lot more than what is in this thread also. The signs of the times are so many and so obvious that it's hard to pick and choose which ones to talk about. Could get into the political affiliations of our national leaders and how they all tie in with evil forces in the world. There's so much going on and so many who want to sit and watch it all on TV if they watch it at all, then act like it's not really happening and we can all live happily ever after.

Because of the multitude of topics regarding current events in light of scripture, I tried to keep it narrow with the OP.

I thought thread was killed by opposition, but you gave it some new life again. Thank you.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Back to the OP , 2015-16 is the year of Jubilee .. concerning the 7 yr cycles , this one could have some real fireworks 7x7+1 .. It's pretty exciting to be alive at this time

Amen! I believe I heard about the coming year of jubilee before, but I'm really not as much into this stuff as it might appear. I know enough of the basics that I have to believe the important thing about it all is simply that God wants Christians to get some fire in their bones to serve Him fervently in these last days.

I think it's either going to be a complete collapse of the dollar, or a devastating attack from enemies by EMP, orchestrated attack on our electrical grid control centers which are unguarded all over the country, a dirty nuke device, or an actual nuclear attack by some crazy nation like North Korea or Iran. I certainly hope I am completely wrong and nothing happens because I sure an not prepared for anything big like that, and I won't be much better prepared by the end of September. I will have enough water on hand to last through the winter, and food, and enough means to stay warm in my house for the whole winter if the power supply is interrupted, but I think that is normal and everybody should always be prepared to survive a winter without power which might interrupt our food supply lines. I learned that in Boy Scouts..."Be Prepared". I was a joker of a Boy Scout and never did learn survival skills, so I'll just have to keep food to make it through a winter if I must do it in case of emergency

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Maybe you can elaborate on the year of Jubilee following the current blood moon cycle...sounds interesting and probably will become part of my conversations when I get sucked up into this topic at my hellfire and brimstone gospel preaching soul winning independent fundamental KJV only Baptist Church....home today, mildly sick but have to nurse it or it will get worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can elaborate on the year of Jubilee following the current blood moon cycle...sounds interesting and probably will become part of my conversations when I get sucked up into this topic and my hellfire and brimstone gospel preaching KJV only Baptist Church....home today, mildly sick but have to nurse it or it will get worse.

I think the year of Jubilee was after 7 cycles of 7 years the Jews returned all land to the family owners and forgive all debts .. I could see people being jubilant .. At least I think that's what it means .. I'm not Jewish and not to educated , LOL .. But things seem to be happening fast these days

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh yeah, now I remember what I heard about the year of Jubilee. Today we are all so self-centered and Jewish law was designed to purge that self-centeredness once every seven years. If they didn't do it, God promised to punish them for disobedience. If the country falls apart at the end of September, I don't think it's going to turn into a year of jubilee under the ungodly politicians we have put in place to run the show. What should turn into a year of Jubilee is more likely to turn into another year of rebels poking God's eyes provoking Him to execute stronger judgments.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jer 10 NLT

Idolatry Brings Destruction
10 Hear the word that the Lord speaks to you, O Israel! 2 This is what the Lord says:

“Do not act like the other nations,
who try to read their future in the stars.
Do not be afraid of their predictions,
even though other nations are terrified by them.
3 Their ways are futile and foolish.
They cut down a tree, and a craftsman carves an idol.
4 They decorate it with gold and silver
and then fasten it securely with hammer and nails
so it won’t fall over.
5 Their gods are like
helpless scarecrows in a cucumber field!
They cannot speak,
and they need to be carried because they cannot walk.
Do not be afraid of such gods,
for they can neither harm you nor do you any good.”
6 Lord, there is no one like you!
For you are great, and your name is full of power.
7 Who would not fear you, O King of nations?
That title belongs to you alone!
Among all the wise people of the earth
and in all the kingdoms of the world,
there is no one like you.
8 People who worship idols are stupid and foolish.
The things they worship are made of wood!
9 They bring beaten sheets of silver from Tarshish
and gold from Uphaz,
and they give these materials to skillful craftsmen
who make their idols.
Then they dress these gods in royal blue and purple robes
made by expert tailors.
10 But the Lord is the only true God.
He is the living God and the everlasting King!
The whole earth trembles at his anger.
The nations cannot stand up to his wrath.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟760,873.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Part of the problem is how Dispensationalists categorize scripture.

DISPENSATIONALISM – CATEGORIZED SCRIPTURE LIST by Nathan Pitchford

Friday
May02, 2008
There's a Blood Moon Coming and Other Interesting Links

transparent.png
Friday, May 2, 2008 at 03:03PM

Everybody panic! There's a blood moon a-coming! Must mean that Jesus is coming back in 2015. That year solar and lunar eclipses will occur about the same time, near the fall Jewish feast days. That will keep all the prophecy pundits busy. Click here: Blood moon eclipses: 2nd Coming in 2015?

Here is a very helpful (and rather long) list of biblical passages which fly in the face of dispensationalism. Thanks to Monergism for posting this. Too bad the list is not taken from the ESV--its KJV! Nevetheless, this is great to give to someone re-thinking their eschatology. Click here: DISPENSATIONALISM – CATEGORIZED SCRIPTURE LIST

National Geographic recently published a very nice pictorial book on Bible history--apparently, it is quite beautiful. Too bad they got Genesis 22 wrong. I didn't know that Eid al-Adha is a "biblical holiday." You know . . . the day when Abraham sacrificed Ishamael on Mount Moriah. Have to add that one to the church calendar. Click here: The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

No surprise that Muslim converts to Christianity face great pressure and are often persecuted--even in the UK. Usually, they are not persecuted by the police called to protect them. But in this case it was the police who called the ex-Muslim a "crusader" and then ordered him to stop calling them. Meanwhile, the vacant house next door burned down. Now the UN is involved. Oh, that will fix everything! Click here: British Muslim 'bullied' for converting to Christianity -Times Online

written by Kim Riddlebarger

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟760,873.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Part of the problem is how Dispensationalists categorize scripture.

DISPENSATIONALISM – CATEGORIZED SCRIPTURE LIST by Nathan Pitchford

Friday
May02, 2008
There's a Blood Moon Coming and Other Interesting Links

transparent.png
Friday, May 2, 2008 at 03:03PM

Everybody panic! There's a blood moon a-coming! Must mean that Jesus is coming back in 2015. That year solar and lunar eclipses will occur about the same time, near the fall Jewish feast days. That will keep all the prophecy pundits busy. Click here: Blood moon eclipses: 2nd Coming in 2015?

Here is a very helpful (and rather long) list of biblical passages which fly in the face of dispensationalism. Thanks to Monergism for posting this. Too bad the list is not taken from the ESV--its KJV! Nevetheless, this is great to give to someone re-thinking their eschatology. Click here: DISPENSATIONALISM – CATEGORIZED SCRIPTURE LIST

National Geographic recently published a very nice pictorial book on Bible history--apparently, it is quite beautiful. Too bad they got Genesis 22 wrong. I didn't know that Eid al-Adha is a "biblical holiday." You know . . . the day when Abraham sacrificed Ishamael on Mount Moriah. Have to add that one to the church calendar. Click here: The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

No surprise that Muslim converts to Christianity face great pressure and are often persecuted--even in the UK. Usually, they are not persecuted by the police called to protect them. But in this case it was the police who called the ex-Muslim a "crusader" and then ordered him to stop calling them. Meanwhile, the vacant house next door burned down. Now the UN is involved. Oh, that will fix everything! Click here: British Muslim 'bullied' for converting to Christianity -Times Online

written by Kim Riddlebarger

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.