Blessed Virgin Mary testimonials

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi,

Your lack of knowledge is at fault here.

If you resist knowledge, then what is said in Proverbs 1, about who resist Wisdom's instructions will be your fate.

Everywhere within and without The Catholics never worship Mary.

If you persist in saying that, then you are willfully ignoring instructions.

Mary is revered.

LOVE,

Hi, katerinah,

I am not the one who posted the evidence. You have concluded that adoration is not worship. The Catholic Church defines adoration as being worship -

Adoration is a sign of devotion to and worship of Jesus Christ, who is believed by Catholics to be present Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, under the appearance of the consecrated host, in the form of hosts, that is, consecrated altar bread.

In the context quoted adoration is of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, it is defined as being worship. The facts stand that both Patricius and St. Bonaventure adore(d) (woship(ped)) Mary.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, katerinah,

I am not the one who posted the evidence. You have concluded that adoration is not worship. The Catholic Church defines adoration as being worship -

Adoration is a sign of devotion to and worship of Jesus Christ, who is believed by Catholics to be present Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, under the appearance of the consecrated host, in the form of hosts, that is, consecrated altar bread.

In the context quoted adoration is of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, it is defined as being worship. The facts stand that both Patricius and St. Bonaventure adore(d) (woship(ped)) Mary.

Hi,

In all religions, we are called to remember that Jesus does not care about slight inaccuracies nor does the Roman Catholic Church, IN THEIR PARISHIONERS.

That is also the message of that concept in Mark 9:38-42.

When the Apostles were trying to not tell Jesus what they were talking about, (They were talking about who of them was going to be the most important of them in the Kingdom of God), instead of telling Him that, they told Jesus about a man that they had forbidden him to do something, because he wasn't doing it right, as he was not of them or something like that.

Jesus told them quite nicely, that they are never to do that.

It is we who know the most, Jesus lets us know there, who are to be the most careful about dealing with those who know the least.

Both of our groups, are to be careful with one another.

So, even if the words used by some Catholics is worship for Mary The Virgin Mother of God, and that is not correct Catholic nor Biblically wise, we are to be careful anyway in upsetting them about God.

The Official Catholic position and the Official Catholic Teaching has always been that Mary cannot be worshipped.

No matter what any Catholic says to the contrary, that cannot be changed.

Biblically, worship of God, that is also the way it is stated. We are to worship Him, and no other creature.

Contrary to appearances, following The Bible, that is also a most staunchly held and defended Catholic Teaching.

The Catholics have actually accepted the Bible in Totality, and use it for their Catechism.

Any thoughts to the contrary about Catholics being Catechismal, and Catechismal is other than Biblically derived, are in fact incorrect.

That was one of my favorite findings Catholic wise, from my Biblical perspective. It is their Catechism is primarily Biblical.

Being Biblical also, means that Romans 14, on not criticisms of a servant of God in what they do for God, is part of my knowledge and therefore ways.

The point there is, if God asks a person to do something for Him, and we object to that action for God, we are not criticizing God's servant, we are criticizing God, in what God asked that person to do.

Anything we do for God, is worship of God.

Worship by the way is love, and love is worship.

So if as it Totally appears, he, is revering Mary because God asked him to do that in some way, AND HE HAS, GOD HAS ASKED @patricius79 TO DO THAT, then any of your or my criticisms of that ARE REALLY CRITICISMS OF GOD, and not any of His servants.

Just a thought.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi,

In all religions, we are called to remember that Jesus does not care about slight inaccuracies nor does the Roman Catholic Church, IN THEIR PARISHIONERS.

That is also the message of that concept in Mark 9:38-42.

When the Apostles were trying to not tell Jesus what they were talking about, (They were talking about who of them was going to be the most important of them in the Kingdom of God), instead of telling Him that, they told Jesus about a man that they had forbidden him to do something, because he wasn't doing it right, as he was not of them or something like that.

Jesus told them quite nicely, that they are never to do that.

It is we who know the most, Jesus lets us know there, who are to be the most careful about dealing with those who know the least.

Both of our groups, are to be careful with one another.

So, even if the words used by some Catholics is worship for Mary The Virgin Mother of God, and that is not correct Catholic nor Biblically wise, we are to be careful anyway in upsetting them about God.

The Official Catholic position and the Official Catholic Teaching has always been that Mary cannot be worshipped.

No matter what any Catholic says to the contrary, that cannot be changed.

Biblically, worship of God, that is also the way it is stated. We are to worship Him, and no other creature.

Contrary to appearances, following The Bible, that is also a most staunchly held and defended Catholic Teaching.

The Catholics have actually accepted the Bible in Totality, and use it for their Catechism.

Any thoughts to the contrary about Catholics being Catechismal, and Catechismal is other than Biblically derived, are in fact incorrect.

That was one of my favorite findings Catholic wise, from my Biblical perspective. It is their Catechism is primarily Biblical.

Being Biblical also, means that Romans 14, on not criticisms of a servant of God in what they do for God, is part of my knowledge and therefore ways.

The point there is, if God asks a person to do something for Him, and we object to that action for God, we are not criticizing God's servant, we are criticizing God, in what God asked that person to do.

Anything we do for God, is worship of God.

Worship by the way is love, and love is worship.

So if as it Totally appears, he, is revering Mary because God asked him to do that in some way, AND HE HAS, GOD HAS ASKED @patricius79 TO DO THAT, then any of your or my criticisms of that ARE REALLY CRITICISMS OF GOD, and not any of His servants.

Just a thought.

LOVE,

Hi,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. As you may have noticed by now I have refrained pretty much from engaging in this conversation because I do regard Patricius as my brother in Christ. The fact that he is quite fixated on Mary is hardly the worst thing that he could do as a Christian. My fear is that he may be crossing the line and, especially, that he cites other highly-revered saints for his position. However, in the final analysis, it is God who will judge his heart and determine whether or not he has fallen into the error of worshipping a creature and not the Creator.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. As you may have noticed by now I have refrained pretty much from engaging in this conversation because I do regard Patricius as my brother in Christ. The fact that he is quite fixated on Mary is hardly the worst thing that he could do as a Christian. My fear is that he may be crossing the line and, especially, that he cites other highly-revered saints for his position. However, in the final analysis, it is God who will judge his heart and determine whether or not he has fallen into the error of worshipping a creature and not the Creator.

Hi,

Yet this bothers you. If this were not a public forum, @patricius79 would be under that Biblical injunction, not to cause another to stumble in their path to and with God.

Here, Christians see everything; like in the world; and depending upon what they know then, they are to follow that and make judgements about their relationship with God.

It is not until you are introduced to Mary, or the alternative being removed from her, that you will actually know what to do on that issue.

If you really and truly believe in God, then by all means let Him determine that for you.

Not understanding Mary, nor what @patricius79 's relationship is, with God and Mary can be very frightening.

I am a Mystic by the definition that I was treated to direct contact with God, in some ways.

One of the results of that, I see in @patricius79 . It is one of the reasons that I like him here. He in some way has interfaced with God through Mary. That is not at all uncommon. It is though rather unknown and feared in certain branches of Christianity, but in a very Mark 9:38-42 way. And a very Romans 14 way, in what is legal for one with God, may bother another.

If Jesus, appeared to everyone, bodily, in your chuch and a certain person I know of was also there, all but her would react in the same way.

If she allowed others to see her position, her permissions with Jesus, as they really are, maybe others would think she acts inappropriately and sacriligeously around Him.

Historically others have been like her. And they too in secret approached and dealt with God, as they are to Him, and not how they were once with Him.

Being Mystical, only a few priests know of me. Those priests never expect me to act the way they do around Jesus. They expect me to act as I am with Jesus, one of His personal family members.

I am suggesting to you, that when you understand Mary, you will understand @patricius79 , and no longer think he is doing something wrong.

A Protestant who gave her life over to God, and God accepted, and then she was always working for God, was asked to go somewhere by The Holy Spirit, to find out two things.

She did and returned home, but was still not required by The Holy Spirit, thus God The Father Really, to change to Catholicism.

It was shown to her that Jesus really is in The Eucharist, and that Mary has to be dealt with also.

No one else in that chuch in Bosnia/Herzegovina, saw what she saw. And she was asked to travel from Arizona to that place to get there, with plenty of proofs along the way that God Really Wanted her To Do That.

After seeing the Essence of God, The Core Personality of Jesus, The Holy Spirit in The Wind and yes, the Virgin Mary in a resurrected body form, like Jesus had on earth, I was then very Mystical for awhile like that Protestant Lady who The Holy Spirit turned into a mystic among other things.

The intensity of @patricius79 's interest in The Virgin Mary, is totally what happens to anyone after a large Mystical encounter with God.

It is really just loving God, by loving what He loves. That is complicated, but it is this: Every man or woman with a particular love of any hobby or anything on earth, is really just doing that because the person they love, loves that.

We love that person so much, that we start liking what they like, because they like that.

Secretly, everyone loves God. When God shares something that He loves with a person, that person loves that too, because they love God.

Thus, gardeners, carpenters, and all other loves that people have, that they don't know why, but are hooked on anyway, is merely loving God, by loving what He has revealed to you, that He loves...

So if @patricius79 loves Mary, it is merely God letting him know that He loves Mary also.

I said it is complicated. I am sorry if I lost you. It is not my intention to do that.

There is a possibility that you did not get lost though. Just this morning, I shared that same item with a man. In his eyes, I saw that he understood.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been having a tough time lately. I feel an oppressive sense of anxiety sometimes- I'm in a tough position spiritually: denied sacraments at the Orthodox Church, in a Lutheran church but I don't really believe Lutheran distinctives that much (I guess I'm sort of onboard with some of it), I just like the people there and the worship is decent.

Praying to the Mother of God and asking for her help and her prayers has been very helpful. Two days ago when I was really down, just before bed, I prayed and immediately my mood went up and I drifted off to sleep easily. Yesterday I was walking around, feeling a little down, doubts creeping into my mind and heard an inner voice telling me to pray, and I did so again and I could feel my mind getting clearer. I had a difficult conversation yesterday, and for hours I just felt like I was in blackness and my heart was heavy with grief. - I've been having a difficult conversations with an online friend about Orthodoxy, discussing my situation. I felt desolation and started getting cranky, started doubting if I still had faith. So I prayed to Mary again and she pulled through!

I also have a chotki/komboschini/prayer rope and I pray the Jesus Prayer a little once a day. I'm finding the more I pray to Mary, that I am starting to actually talk to God/Jesus now and getting better at doing that.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why people are debating considering the expressed intent of the OP:

A platform to express first encounters, memorial experiences and life changing situations concerning devotions to the BVM.

denied sacraments at the Orthodox Church,
Whatever is causing the denial of sacraments, can you not correct that situation and be restored?

I also have a chotki/komboschini/prayer rope and I pray the Jesus Prayer a little once a day. I'm finding the more I pray to Mary, that I am starting to actually talk to God/Jesus now and getting better at doing that.
One thing I find in my Marian devotions is receiving grace to resist a particular sin that challenges me all the time. Typically I'm at my most vulnerable when I don't pray my typical five or six prayers, especially Hail Mary. I don't know what it is about the HM but that one seems to really help and it somehow enables better and more effectual worshipful prayer to God.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not my own testimony, but cool none the less. A Muslim girl who would years later become a Christian described an experience in childhood that never left her; playing with some friends near some boulders, she slipped and tumbled down, hurting herself slightly. A woman came to her aid, stretched out her hand and lifted her up. The Muslim girl asked "who are you?", surprised that anyone else was around. The Lady smiled kindly, said "I am Mary", and vanished.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As far as testimonials are concerned, I've been struggling with a specific sin for months now. I guess I hadn't really considered the connection between prayer and graces to resist sin. Because I'm a big dummy sometimes.

Anyway, so I wasn't praying as often as one probably should. Well, I had nothing to lose so I followed Father's advice from a Confession on this subject and began a fairly loose schedule of prayer in the morning before leaving for work in the morning and before going to bed at night.

To start with, it was three Hail Marys. That by itself did the trick but I've modified my approach a bit since then.

Not that I'm interested in starting debates on this subject but my Marian devotion has really put a few things in perspective.

I obtain grace to resist this particular sin after praying some Marian prayers. This grace comes from a supernatural source. That supernatural source logically must serve God or else it must serve the Devil. Now, call me crazy but I find it unlikely that the Devil or his servants are very interested in helping me avoid sin. They probably have some ideas on how to find more sin but I can't picture them lifting a finger to help me resist sin.

So my guess is my Marian devotion provides me with the grace to resist my sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums