• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Blackjack and Design

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by crjmurray, Apr 13, 2015.

What applies to the blackjack anecdote?

1. The two hands were a natural occurrence.

2. There was a designer that somehow influenced the outcome.

3. God did it.

4. Some sort of cheese related explanation.....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,318
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes ... got it.

Meaning, as I said, it has to pass Satanic inspection.

2. AV1611VET

+41,318
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then I submit you haven't read the book of Revelation, have you?

3. crjmurray

crjmurray The Bear. Not The Bull.

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    It took two pages for this thread to go off the rails.

4. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,952
    Agnostic
    It has to pass basic rational thought. Of course, you would label such thought as being contrary to your religious views.

5. AV1611VET

+41,318
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    How much discussion do you want on your OP?

Ten pages?

Some subjects can be covered in a single post; some a whole page; some a whole thread; some multiple threads; and some go on into ∞ and beyond.

Has your OP, in your opinion, been satisfied?

6. AV1611VET

+41,318
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes -- for the third time: I ... got ... it.

7. Oncedeceived

Oncedeceived Senior Veteran

+593
    Christian
    Married
    Millions and millions of people don't say the exact same thing. There are only three religions that are monotheistic and two who have the same God of the three. The third do not say the same exact thing about experiencing God.

8. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,483
    Atheist
    Single
    Unlike the majority you got the name right!

9. AV1611VET

+41,318
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I cringe when people call it "Revelations".

10. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,483
    Atheist
    Single
    So how are Baha'i, Rastafari, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism Eckankar and Tenrikyo not Monothestic?

Be careful, your arguments against any of these likely apply as well or better to the Abrahamic faiths.

11. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Remember who you're asking, AV. :thumbsup:

12. crjmurray

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    Blackjack isn't complex?

13. crjmurray

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    No one is saying God doesn't exist. I'm saying there's no need to invoke God in the process if it can be explained by natural means.

14. justlookinla

justlookinla Regular Member

+187
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Humanity is the result of unplanned, uncontrolled, random/chance creation?

15. whois

whois rational

+117
    Non-Denom
    that "if" clause is the stumbling block.
    IF it can be explained by natural means.
    so far, abiogenesis hasn't been able to do that.
    the current theory of evolution is not complete either.
    there are some that say darwin needs a rewrite:

Mazur says she was punished for getting out in front of the story and banned from the symposium but realized the story was bigger than Altenberg (which covered events beginning 500 million years ago) and spoke to scientists who were not invited, including those investigating pre-biotic evolution.

She came to the conclusion that evolutionary science suffers because many in the scientific establishment refuse to acknowledge that the old science has served its purpose and there is disagreement about what the new evolution paradigm is. She thinks the dam is now breaking because the public (who funds science) has become a party to the discourse via the Internet and seeks answers to fundamental questions about evolution that scientists so far can’t definitively answer.
    www.amazon.com/The-Altenberg-16-Evolution-Industry/dp/1556439245

16. crjmurray

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    I am politely asking you not to derail this thread anymore than it has been with your repetitive and intentionally irritating posts.

17. justlookinla

justlookinla Regular Member

+187
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I was simply responding to your "I'm saying there's no need to invoke God in the process if it can be explained by natural means."

Outta here.

18. crjmurray

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    I really don't care about abiogenisis for a couple of reasons. One it is still a hypothesis with not enough support. Two it has no bearing on the TOE.

I don't think anyone thinks there is zero debate amongst any scientific field. Evolution is no different. However, there is no evidence to suggest that the entire theory should be thrown out. You can confirm your bias with outliers like Noble all you want but the theory will not change fundamentally.

19. whois

whois rational

+117
    Non-Denom
    apparently it's more than noble.

20. crjmurray

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    Hence the "like Noble".