British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I hope it doesn't win. It's too polarizing. My biggest problem with BLM is that it doesn't help itself by always standing up for individuals with significant criminal records. Trayvon Martin, George Floyd, and Jacob Blake were far from squeaky clean.

• Agree
Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I hope it does win..... would prove to a lot of people something about the award and why Obama got one.
Why did Obama get one? I forget.

• Haha
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Stan Ley
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Seems like a no brainer. I know a lot of people have a problem with black lives matter. They say it's about the riots. But then they also had a problem about it when it was just black people kneeling, or black people saying "hands up don't shoot", in fact they had a problem when it was just people saying "black lives matter".
There's something about that phrase that makes people mad, which is very unfortunate and shows why such a movement is important.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seems like a no brainer. I know a lot of people have a problem with black lives matter. They say it's about the riots. But then they also had a problem about it when it was just black people kneeling, or black people saying "hands up don't shoot", in fact they had a problem when it was just people saying "black lives matter".
There's something about that phrase that makes people mad, which is very unfortunate and shows why such a movement is important.
Allow me to address some of those issues, people do not like to be played for fools, BLM has nothing to do with saving black lives, it is a very clever title for a group that is political and very anti police and very pro Marxist, the name is totally dishonest. This movement is responsible for millions of dollars in property damage, theft, and it is responsible for countless assaults and a few murders. The "hands up dont shoot" propaganda is a flat out lie, his hands were never up and he was shot for very justifiable reasons. This has all been investigated and proven but that does not stop the use of a lie to excite people to do violence and get free tennis shoes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Allow me to address some of those issues, people do not like to be played for fools, BLM has nothing to do with saving black lives, it is a very clever title for a group that is political and very anti police and very pro Marxist, the name is totally dishonest. This movement is responsible for millions of dollars in property damage, theft, and it is responsible for countless assaults and a few murders. The "hands up dont shoot" propaganda is a flat out lie, his hands were never up and he was shot for very justifiable reasons. This has all been investigated and proven but that does not stop the use of a lie to excite people to do violence and get free tennis shoes.
Some of those things are true, some are untrue and some are half true and you can make those kinds of points (both the true, untrue, and half true) about any movement from anytime from anywhere.
There's something about saying black lives matter in particular that brings out the "well actually" crowd.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of those things are true, some are untrue and some are half true and you can make those kinds of points (both the true, untrue, and half true) about any movement from anytime from anywhere.
There's something about saying black lives matter in particular that brings out the "well actually" crowd.
It is their blatant dishonesty about what they are about.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which items are not fully true? Lets not deal in generalities if you have an exception to what I posted be specific

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess when I think about the Nobel Peace Prize I think about peace on a larger scale than peace between American minority communities and the police.

Upvote 0