Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very premise of the statement, "black lives matter", assumes that they don't.

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain." --1 Corinthians 3:19-20

Racism, is condemned by God, as unrighteous judgment:

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." --John 7:24

Whether under the guise of peace, like BLM, or through the threat of violence, like BLM, those who allow for racism, in any form, like BLM, are going against Christ, period.
You will never ever hear me say that black lives don’t matter. I don’t support racism or violence.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know...some people had a very hard time with these protests:
View attachment 294626
and what's more peaceful than taking a knee?
tulc(just a thought)

well we can support a cause and be patriotic at the same time. There was no reason to be disrespectful to the national anthem of our country.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that was ON the job. Wrong venue; not a wrong activity in itself.

You - or I - can't just take a knee in the middle of our workplaces to protest either, not while we are supposed to be executing our jobs. You have to do that on your OWN time, not the time your employer is paying for you to do your job.

Not the same thing at all.

They did that during the national anthem which was why people had a problem with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually think "I don't remember ever seeing anyone who was blue...except for this guy.
blue-fugates-kentucky-family.jpg

and he turned out to be fake."
tulc(is just sayn')

Looks like Santa neglected to put up his windshield during last year's trip. :(

As a military veteran I found this method of protesting to be distasteful and disrespectful.

And speaking as another military veteran (100% disabled due to my service), I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Guys BLM is all about peace. They should be praised and honored, as peacemakers! They're the best!

Please. :rolleyes:

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well we can support a cause and be patriotic at the same time. There was no reason to be disrespectful to the national anthem of our country.
On the other hand
1) it still has people talking about the things he wanted people to talk about
and
2) as far as peaceful protests go, what's more peaceful than simply taking a knee?
tulc(thinks those are quite amazing accomplishments in themselves)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post was indeed an appeal to emotion. Your first sentence is false and mocks my answer, when I'm correct.
No, I was actually pointing out that what you said, when applied to what I asked, you were admitting what I had said was correct. I pointed out his job didn't actually start until the music stopped, you apparently didn't want to admit I had a point and tried to move the goalpost to make it about something else. At no point did I mock your post.

Secondly, you use the logical fallacy of false dilemma. You suggest one has to 1)approve black people getting killed OR 2) approve football players quietly kneeling. No, there's a third option. On the JOB, you don't get to protest (if Employer says no). You do that on your own time, not on the "bully pulpit" provided by your high visibility job while on the job. Football players can protest elsewhere other than during the national anthem that honors the nation and the military. Inappropriate venue to divert attention, exactly as I said (though NFL is free to make its own rules, with which others will disagree.)

Here it your post: YOU: "So...that would be: "yes his job doesn't really start till the whistle blows/music stops and is still on his own time." Which would be my point. As for not being offensive, the whole idea of a protest is to draw attention to a situation you want people to pay attention too and I guess you'd have to decide which is more offensive to you: black people getting killed by the police or quietly kneeling in protest of them being killed? So again: what's more peaceful than taking a knee? And doing so in the "bully pulpit" of his being on national television where people will wonder why he's doing it. "
hmmm...I can see if you close one eye maybe and strain a little bit, you probably could get that out of what I wrote, more accurately though would be seeing that you said you didn't like violent protests and I pointed out a protest that was both peaceful but still made a lot of people angry. Again: what's more peaceful than taking a knee?
tulc(is still trying to find an answer for that question)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I was actually pointing out that what you said, when applied to what I asked, you were admitting what I had said was correct. I pointed out his job didn't actually start until the music stopped, you apparently didn't want to admit I had a point and tried to move the goalpost to make it about something else. At no point did I mock your post.

hmmm...I can see if you close one eye maybe and strain a little bit, you probably could get that out of what I wrote, more accurately though would be seeing that you said you didn't like violent protests and I pointed out a protest that was both peaceful but still made a lot of people angry. Again: what's more peaceful than taking a knee?
tulc(is still trying to find an answer for that question)
His job begins when he SUITS UP to represent the team. He is on the job then. I stated this quite clearly and you keep sidestepping that, pretending he has some private time to do whatever he wants in terms of political activity in uniform, and I stated correctly (and cited) that you view is incorrect. He is required to do what the Team owner says.

My second point only reiterates that one does not have freedom to act individually on the job. Not just this job. There are things a mailman can't do...on the job. Or anyone else.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His job begins when he SUITS UP to represent the team. He is on the job then. I stated this quite clearly and you keep sidestepping that, pretending he has some private time to do whatever he wants in terms of political activity in uniform, and I stated correctly (and cited) that you view is incorrect. He is required to do what the Team owner says.
It's interesting that you keep trying to make this about the rules and I keep pointing out the whole conversation wasn't about that, it was pointing out a peaceful protest that caused a lot of people to get mad. That was the whole point being made. And you keep trying, unsuccessfully, to move the goal post to be about "when does he start representing the team".

My second point only reiterates that one does not have freedom to act individually on the job. Not just this job. There are things a mailman can't do...on the job. Or anyone else.
...okay...I'm not sure why you think that is what's being discussed but, okay.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting that you keep trying to make this about the rules and I keep pointing out the whole conversation wasn't about that, it was pointing out a peaceful protest that caused a lot of people to get mad. That was the whole point being made. And you keep trying, unsuccessfully, to move the goal post to be about "when does he start representing the team".

...okay...I'm not sure why you think that is what's being discussed but, okay.
tulc(just a thought)
Laughing. No it is YOU who keeps saying that the player is on his own time before the game starts and can do what he wants in terms of peaceful protest. You said it twice, and are now attempting to shift that argument to something else. Stop complaining about what YOU are indeed doing. I bet I can guess how you voted.

Get this: NO ONE was mad that anyone wanted to exercise the right to peaceful protest. Let me say that again. This is NOT about whether a player has the right to peacefully protest.

Any challenge is merely about the inappropriate venue....the game, where the Anthem that honors country and military is played is NOT the place. It has nothing to do with whether anyone should protest anything.

Go do that on any sidewalk anywhere on your own time, so long as you don't block roads, and you will get a big high five from most people who understand the Constitution.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
This is NOT about whether a player has the right to peacefully protest.
(snip)
...uhmm...that was what my point was: even peaceful protests get some people upset. After all, what's more peaceful than taking a knee?
tulc(is watching the snow come down here in Chicago)

Upvote 0