• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Black hole in the heart

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am diagnosed with psychotic disorder. Last years I have experienced something like I have a black hole in my heart. I don't really know if it's a spiritual problem or just a mental problem or maybe both? Anyone else experienced this?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am diagnosed with psychotic disorder. Last years I have experienced something like I have a black hole in my heart. I don't really know if it's a spiritual problem or just a mental problem or maybe both? Anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like paranoia because there is no physics that would support that idea

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hungry for love? I ve been there looking in all the wrong places. Drawing people to you and and drawing them away because of fear. I thought I needed so much that I couldn’t learn by experience in a 1000 years. That’s how I lived and 30 years as a Christian. Until I said I will obey you God I stayed there. But God changed things and I am learning and growing.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Scary, isn't it? And hurts. I can't say I've felt quite what you are, because although I might've used the same words, it was probably something else. But God took me through it, and it was for my own good. We've talked before several times, so this is probably not the first time you've heard me say this, but you can be certain that if you belong to him, he is very pleased with the outcome. Hang in there, brother. You're not alone.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes i have a black hole in my heart because of my psychoses, it is the depth our reality took us when we were unwell, it means the loss of our good life. Ultimately the black hole is the loveless lies of our psychoses dwelling within us where once our well being rested. So it is spiritual and well as physical.

Please be aware anti-psychotic medication can make this black hole a lot worse. It took the doctors years to find an anti psychotic that doesn't worsen the feeling. In the end they put me on an old anti-psychotic because the modern ones all have anti depressants in it, but such medication makes me feel really depressed and makes the black hole experience a lot worse.

Please don't go off your medication but be aware that the black hole can be made a lot worse if you take the wrong medicine.

The best way to fight it is to digest love, lots of it, God's love. Ask God to grow good life back where now the black hole is. Plant good seeds there, such as kindness, gentleness, long suffering, endurance, joy, peace, forgiveness, grace, mercy and loving moments. Keep sowing such moments into your psyche, especially where the black hole resides.

The truth of God's love can repair this black hole and bring our good life back again.

Be of good courage.

• Friendly
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rather than responding to each one of you, I'll write a common response. Thanks for being encouraging and thanks for prayers! There are more spiritual/mental/physical things I struggle with of a similar nature. I'm sensitive to the spiritual, always have been. Sometimes it's just hard to know what is what, what is illness, what is spiritual. Some years ago when looking at anime with a friend I saw light leaving my heart. Things like that messes with your head.

I love Jesus very much. I just think I live too much for the world. I'm ensnared in all its problems, lusts and pleasures. I'm ashamed to say so. (Well, not all, but you get the picture).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
upload_2021-7-9_11-41-22.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums