Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
you have given me an opportunity to tell a story i have wanted to share. one night on politically incorrect, two of his guests were rick james and jerry falwell (what a wild duet). james was professing to be born again (!) and he was telling a bible story that simply amazed him. it was about a guy who went up into the hills with his two surviving daughters who got him drunk on subsequent nights and then had intercourse with him to continue the line. he thought it was fascinating and turned to falwell and said "who was that reverend? who was that guy?" falwell thought for a second and then replied, "i think that was....job". if you have a passing interest in the old testament you would have known that it was lot after escaping sodom and gomorrah. amazing! not only could the good reverend not identify lot in one of the most controversial and strange episodes in scripture, it also meant that he had no familiarity with the story of JOB! this man has a bible college that he runs. he was called in to try to save PTL when it had its little embarassment with jim and tammy faye. he is representative of his ilk. no excuse will do. he was not nervous. he has lived his adult life on camera. has craved it in fact. he simply is a charlatan. beware your faith in the preacher. be as the bereans. do the work. study to be approved. there are people with other motives among us.

oh, yee brood of vipers!

Upvote 0

HazyRigby

Bunny Infidel
Aug 4, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟10,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Re: the "heroes" comment.

Maher didn't say they were heroes. What he said was that when President Bush called the terrorists cowards, he couldn't have been more off the mark. Were they crazy? Sure. Deluded? Most certainly. But it takes some big grapefruits to fly a plane directly into a building for what you believe in. Maher said that it was more cowardly to fire bombs at people from a distance, where you couldn't actually get your hands dirty. And he was right.

A person who dies for his beliefs can be crazy. He can be mean, and cruel, and stupid. But it's not a coward's way to die.

Upvote 0

HazyRigby

Bunny Infidel
Aug 4, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟10,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Gerry said:
Yes SURE! We need more yellow dogs like Bill to stand up on TV with the veins in his neck buldging and sream that the murdering son's of satan muslim dogs who knocked down down our buildings and MURDERED all those people, "ARE THE REAL HERO'S"
You know, if you're going to become belligerent, the least you could do is check your facts first. He didn't say they were heroes.

THAT is what you think we need more of ??? Let me tell you, our founding Fathers would have strung his sorry yellow hide up on the spot and RIGHTLY SO! He does NOT deserve to live in a country he hates and belittles as he does America.
Yes, that's why they wrote freedom of speech into the Constitution -- so they could kill folks with a differing opinion. Statements like this make you different from Muslim extremists...how, exactly?

We need more like him? For what? He is no good even for fertilizer. Hopefully he will be cremated when he dies and his putrid ashes shot off into space somewhere.
Once again, you're sounding just as bad as anybody.

I am SICK of hearing "so called" Americans talk about how PEACEFUL the religion of islam is. THAT is a blatant lie. It is a PIECEFUL religion. They want to blow everything good to pieces because they are so stupid and yellow, they think thier demon god has an "orgy in the sky" waiting to reward them for thier evil deeds.
Boy, if this isn't a "kettle, you're black," situation, I've never seen one. The only reason that your particular religion is not currently sending planes into buildings is that your leaders, thankfully, decided that the Inquisitions and Crusades were enough and calmed down before guns and planes and bombs came along. Read your own holy book. It's every bit as full of murder and pillaging and violence as the Koran is.

So they think that their god gives them virgins. You think that your god has prepared an eternal bliss for you to reward you for refraining from masturbation. Many, many, MANY people have hurt others in Jesus' name, and all of those people have claimed that God will reward them.

You're insulting your religion's own blood brother.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian

Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟1,616.00
Faith
Christian
PrinceJeff said:
Sometimes the guy is a real headcase but others he is spot on. Anyone else seen his show? Thoughts? :)
You understand that the reason "Politically Incorrect" was taken off the air was that when all these celebraties got on and talked we all saw how empty headed they all are.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
LiberalChristian said:
You understand that the reason "Politically Incorrect" was taken off the air was that when all these celebraties got on and talked we all saw how empty headed they all are.
Including Rev. Falwell. See my previous post in this thread

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mahr is an interesting person. Since he's a libertarian, I agree with most of his thoughts on social policy, but on the other hand I disagree with a lot of what he's said on economics. I liked PI because it had a halfway decently varied point of view and it offered an opportunity for people to go all out and say what they want. I think losing his show for his comments on the 9-11 terrorists was stupid, but then again ABC had been looking for a reason to get rid of the show for a while.

Upvote 0