• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Bill Maher

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by PrinceJeff, Jun 23, 2002.

1. PrinceJeff

PrinceJeff Well-Known Member

+0
    Sometimes the guy is a real headcase but others he is spot on. Anyone else seen his show? Thoughts? :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ray K

Ray K Cogito ergo sum

+4
    Too honest for TV.

3. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Monkey Boy

+72
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I have seen his show and I have to say I disagree with him most of the time. I also think he makes assumptions that he does not back up and many that are really illogical.

However his show is much of a comedy show as a discussion show. And I believe he is honest. And he makes people think about their beliefs and most people do not want to do that. Most are happy enough with just watching M*A*S*H reruns than having to think.

blackhawk

4. Received

Received True love waits in haunted attics

+733
    Christian
    Married
    Aye, we need more people that are as upfront and honest as that. Nobody likes a person who is two faced for hopes of attention.

5. No gods

No gods Buttercup Atheist

+1
    Atheist

I wouldn't know anymore because our local station that formerly carried the show stopped showing it after the Sept 11 terrorist comment he made. 

[sarcasm] I can't tell you how wonderful it is to live in such a conservative midwestern state like Missouri. [/sarcasm]

6. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+88
    Christian
    Married
    /me thinks Maher is a failed comedian who happens also to be a guttless wonder

7. coastie

coastie Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!

+45
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Libertarian

What's wrong with M*A*S*H reruns? ;)

8. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Yes SURE! We need more yellow dogs like Bill to stand up on TV with the veins in his neck buldging and sream that the murdering son's of satan muslim dogs who knocked down down our buildings and MURDERED all those people, "ARE THE REAL HERO'S"

THAT is what you think we need more of ???  Let me tell you, our founding Fathers would have strung his sorry yellow hide up on the spot and RIGHTLY SO! He does NOT deserve to live in a country he hates and belittles as he does America.

We need more like him? For what? He is no good even for fertilizer. Hopefully he will be cremated when he dies and his putrid ashes shot off into space somewhere.

I am SICK of hearing "so called" Americans talk about how PEACEFUL the religion of islam is. THAT is a blatant lie. It is a PIECEFUL religion. They want to blow everything good to pieces because they are so stupid and yellow, they think thier demon god has an "orgy in the sky" waiting to reward them for thier evil deeds.

9. chickenman

chickenman evil unamerican

+6
    gerry is filled with the love of christ, I can feel it

10. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Thanks! That IS good news! 

11. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+88
    Christian
    Married

12. praying

praying Snazzy Title Goes Here Supporter

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Go the head of the class because of all the same stuff on the front page of News and Current Events

BTW..I love Bill Maher

13. Aduro Amnis

Aduro Amnis Self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eugene V. Debs

+82
    Atheist
    US-Others
    I love him ^_^ I wish he would run for president.

14. SqueezetheShaman

SqueezetheShaman Well-Known Member

+121
    Agnostic
    I love the guy. His comment about them being heroes is so taken out of context. All you are doing is proving you don't knw what you are talking about. He said it takes bravery to do that. And that is arguably correct....trying to remember what he said exactly, but can't so before I argue it, I will find it online....

15. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat

did you see his show where he song that song about the JJ superbowl fiasco, I was in tears just in tears

16. revolutio

revolutio Apatheist Extraordinaire

+131
    Atheist
    I like the guy alot. He is extremely anti-PC and in combination with being very liberal it causes him not to sit too well with any group in particular. If people actually listen to his standup with the intention of critiquing what he says they will undoubtedly be disappointed and dislike him.

His show is primarily comedy though the people he gets on there are honest and not your typical politician characters. The way he chooses them is really smart though. The combination of them is usually as essential as each individual themselves. I nearly died laughing during the one with Orlando Jones on it.

My rule of thumb for comedy is always this: Check your baggage at the door.

17. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    I agree he totally honest, that is why I like him, even when I don't agree with his stance.

18. UberLutheran

UberLutheran Well-Known Member

+1,590
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    1) The program is very funny.
    2) His comments are spot-on.
    3) I love his brutal honesty.
    4) I love seeing conservative guests, especially Ann Coulter, being humiliated and having to eat their words, right on the air!

19. theeyesoftammyfaye

theeyesoftammyfaye no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor

+211
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    there are lots of other things i can think of i'd rather see ann coulter eat on the air. ;)

tasteless? possibly. truthful? you bet.

20. UberLutheran

UberLutheran Well-Known Member

+1,590
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    :D