Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didnt think it would suit me lol.
PS: Before getting one ppl often spend a lot of time on the Web and in parlors looking at portfolios of ones they think might work for them, and clearly you haven't done this, so... you would be unlikely to have started to think in this way... :)

Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PS: Before getting one ppl often spend a lot of time on the Web and in parlors looking at portfolios of ones they think might work for them, and clearly you haven't done this, so... you would be unlikely to have started to think in this way... :)

They have never interested me enough to search deeper. Almost everyone I know has tatts so they werent a big deal to me one way or the other.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They have never interested me enough to search deeper. Almost everyone I know has tatts so they werent a big deal to me one way or the other.
Good post! Yes, they are so widespread: men, women, younger, older...but still no reason to do it unless you're really motivated, right? :)

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@OneOfTheMasters Well, it's great that you feel you're doing what appropriate for you; clearly it's not been a matter of prayer for guidance as regards motivation; if there's no motivation there, no point in getting one.

(Were you surprised at first when your son got inked? and your other family members?)

No he had beautiful ones.
He liked Native American symbols and Christian ones as well.
He passed away 5 yrs ago at 36,his best friend got a tat in memory of him. I was deeply touched!

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, @Josheb So maybe does Mrs. Josheb have ink also? because I saw somewhere that in North America 59%-70% or more of parlor clients are female.
Nope. She's a good genteel Christian woman raised in a Christian home with Christian sensibilities ;).

• Informative
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No he had beautiful ones.
He liked Native American symbols and Christian ones as well.
He passed away 5 yrs ago at 36,his best friend got a tat in memory of him. I was deeply touched!
So sorry for your loss.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have friends who do, some of whom are Christian. One friend has a bible verse on her wrist to remind her of God's love and to comfort her when she's feeling down. Another has a cross tattoo.

@derpytia So did you even go to the parlor with some of the friends you mentioned in order to give them support while they had it done? A lot of Christians feel faith based designs are proven effective in witness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christian ones ...

@OneOfTheMasters It's become very widespread anyway in the Bible Belt for Christians to get tattooed; I saw this quote, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
@blackribbon Hi again; so do you think that the regulations on huspital employees not having tattoos are being relaxed a bit? (Wondered if you had seen this discussion also.)

I see them a lot more. I don't know that they have been relaxed as they aren't being enforced. I suspect that if a hospital employee started to get more that were visible, there might be a discussion in the manager's office.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My niece as a teenager got a tattoo in memory of her uncle, my husband. It really made (and still makes) my daughter mad. First of all, my husband wasn't a tattoo guy. Second, we both think she got it because it was the only tattoo her mother wouldn't have freaked out about it. My daughter sees it as "using" her dad's memory. And these cousins were friends. Not all tattoos are innocuous.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see them a lot more.
@blackribbon I saw a comment by a nurse someplace who said that only a minority of nurses on her team were not tattooed. Anyway, from a Christian perspective, a lot of faith based ones are used more widely as witness tools, whether or not they are covered in the workplace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 55 has been the source for various tattoos.

There are various reasons for why someone picks a tattoo, for some it may also be a form of comfort to them.

For example; Someone I knew who she and her husband were fervently evangelizing at the time I knew them, I hope they continue doing this now too, she had an conversation with a man having many tattoos. And he would explain to her that every tattoo had a own story behind it, he had a reason for taking each and every tattoo on himself.

You have many who takes a tattoo because it looks nice or cool, and then later they may regret it, or thought it was foolishly done. Whilst others will not.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My dear Dad had two tattoos but that was from his navy days...what is really noticeable is a huge amount are women say around their sixties .
@Heavenhome You said this a while ago; and it's quite correct; it's opened up hugely for women now to receive them confidently; and as regards the huge amount of women around their sixties that you mentioned, these days one could say that their new ink is likely what grandmothers show their granddaughters at Christmas: it's hugely widespread now for mature women to be able to receive ink confidently.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are various reasons for why someone picks a tattoo, for some it may also be a form of comfort to them.

For example; Someone I knew who she and her husband were fervently evangelizing at the time I knew them, I hope they continue doing this now too, she had an conversation with a man having many tattoos. And he would explain to her that every tattoo had a own story behind it, he had a reason for taking each and every tattoo on himself.

You have many who takes a tattoo because it looks nice or cool, and then later they may regret it, or thought it was foolishly done. Whilst others will not.
@Crowned Princess Put simply, faith based tattoos really do work effectively as tools in witness conversations, don't they?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
whsbandmom said:
My husband and I both have tattoos. He got his when he was younger. He was having one covered up with a rose ( it was the only thing that would fit) Now this was about 5 or 6 years ago. I got one on my upper arm LUKE, my favorite chapter and where my husband and i both were reading when we were dateing 17 years ago, I am proud of it. Not that I go aroung showing it off or anything like that but it does open up a way to talk about our Lord to others when they ask what LUKE means. I am around a lot of young people and you wouldnt belive how many ask and how many i get to tell about God.
Yes, faith based tattoos do work it witness conversations, don't they?

Upvote 0