Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is the client's choice, yes.
So at least hypothetically you'd probably feel more comfortable giving tattoos as an artist than receiving them as a client, I suppose...

(Or maybe you'd never thought of it in that way...)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So at least hypothetically you'd probably feel more comfortable giving tattoos as an artist than receiving them as a client, I suppose...

That's another question I will decide refraining from at this time. ;) It is a difficult position which have so many different opinons, and I can understand both sides. Though everything is more based out from what motives we have in mind, which is always most important to God, the motive of our hearts!

I trust more understanding and clarity will be given to me in Him as I keep on getting stronger rooted in His Word as well as growing closer to Him! The same I say goes for you too!

God keep on blessing you and your wife richly, in Christ Jesus's Name, Amen! :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My dear Dad had two tattoos but that was from his navy days.
I have noticed however that lots of young girls have them and what is really noticeable is a huge amount are women say around their sixties .

Hi, @Heavenhome .

You're right that although it used to be a man thing; a military thing; now the extent of young women expecting to have it done is reflected in the fact that a while ago a Hollywood produced tried to reproduce a 1950s beach scene; but could not find enough young women without tattoos as film extras for the beach scene. (It didn't use to be done widely by young women in the 1950s. Now it's become a very womanly thing to have done.)

The huge amount of older women that you have noticed who have had it done does illustrate just how widely women can do it confidently now.

(Some ppl would say this shows just how much potential there is for faith based tattoo designs.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's another question I will decide refraining from at this time. ;) It is a difficult position which have so many different opinons, and I can understand both sides. Though everything is more based out from what motives we have in mind, which is always most important to God, the motive of our hearts!

I trust more understanding and clarity will be given to me in Him as I keep on getting stronger rooted in His Word as well as growing closer to Him! The same I say goes for you too!

God keep on blessing you and your wife richly, in Christ Jesus's Name, Amen! :)
Thank-you; and a blessed Christmas to you and your husband also! :)

Yes, ppl do develop their views on things, not least tattoos.

Maybe years ago "nice young ladies" perhaps didn't use to get tattoos.

While now, it's actually exactly what serious Christian students, homeschooling moms, preachers' daughters, etc. are quite likely to get, often in faith themes.

(I saw a quote on just how prevalent it is in the Bible Belt.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Crowned Princess

Here is the quote I mentioned, FYI:
QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Women get tattoos now just like men now get earrings; you said a while ago:

If he would like to, I would get used to it soon and like it I'm sure. ;)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Giving someone else something that could be harmful, is worse than accepting something harmful your self. Making a mistake and stumbling is arguably better than causing another to stumble.

Obedience is better than sacrifice. If God is against Marking the skin......it would be of no help to Him or us to try and Mark our skin in a way that would honor Him.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
is getting a tattoo sinful as i wanna get a tattoo remembering my aunt

No, getting a tattoo is not sinful.

The only place in the Bible which condemns tattooing is found in Leviticus, in which what is being condemned are practices of Israel's pagan neighbors. So there's two points of context necessary to understand there:

1) It is the explicitly pagan use of tattooing that is condemned.
2) This is an Old Testament command explicitly given to Israel under the Torah, which is not obligatory for Christians to observe.

In the same place is also the condemnation against shaving the edges of the beard (which is why Orthodox Jewish men have beards and hair curls on the sides of their head). I bring this up because I think it's deeply hypocritical that the same sort of people that quote the passage against tattooing in Leviticus have absolutely no problem with men being clean shaven.

In fact Christian tattooing has a long history. In Egypt the Copts have had a tradition of tattooing the cross on their wrists, by which they mark themselves as Christians in a majority Muslim society which has often been very hostile toward them (even though the Copts are indigenous Egyptians, and thus in a way they have become foreigners in their own land).

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Egypt the Copts have had a tradition of tattooing the cross on their wrists...
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to receive the inking.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@jasonMalloy1999 So did you get inked yet? if you're still not sure about it, you might for the time being prefer having an earring instead (unless you have earrings done already). They can always be removed when you don't feel like wearing them, of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... if your conscience doesn't condemn you, then there is nothing to stop you getting a tattoo.

@Oscarr Hi, Sir. A while ago you said:

=Oscarr said:
My daughter got a large tattoo on her arm recently. I was in two minds about it. But it was a very beautiful tattoo of a lion's head and it looked magnificent. She is a powerlifter and a gym trainer, and tattoos are the culture in that environment. ...I had doubts about my daughter at first, but her tattoo is definitely not tacky. So, we live and learn!

It didn't use to be, but it's become a very womanly thing to do. (Years ago it used to be very much a man thing only.) Especially in the environment that your daughter moves in, it's very much in keeping.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Mel2020 Hi, again! I remember you said a while ago you were thinking of doing it.

So did you decide on either Scripture or the placement yet?
Yup :)

“For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.” - Philippians 1:29

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yup :)

“For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.” - Philippians 1:29
@Mel2020 So you already decided to do it, then; so is there a good parlor near you?

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a tattoo. The evening I got the tattoo I was reading in the Bible and read the Leviticus 19 prohibition Jason quoted. Seriously. Read it the day of. Was not a Christian; just happened to be reading my Bible. Oops! Too late.

The Leviticus law was written to address ritual scarification common in the ancient cultures. The Hebrews were to be a separated people, a holy people, a people not like all the others. Their testimony was to be as God made humans: unadorned, untattooed, unscarred, and not identifying with the practices of the world but identifying with God and God alone.

Remember all of God's laws are simply a reflection of the Shema and the greatest comment: Love God with everything you have and Him alone.

So you might ask yourself what it is you think you can put on your body that would make it more amazing than God has already made it. Or what tattoo might you have written into your skin that would glorify God more than the shed blood of Christ or a life will lived in obedience to He who purchased your life and body and commanded you to be perfect as He is perfect. Or perhaps how will it love God to adorn your body with a tattoo in memory of your aunt?

But don't be legalistic about it. I'm fairly confident God does not want anyone to tattoo his/her body but I am even more sure we will see tattooed siblings in heaven on the other side of the grave.

Covered in Christ's blood and washed white as snow.

Sin is lawlessness (1 Jn. 3:4).
Sin is unrighteousness (1 Jn. 5:17).
Anything not done in faith is sin (Rom. 14:23).
Sin is imperfection (Mt. 5:48).

Now you know both the letter of the law and the principles guiding the letters. I don't think you need our opinions to know what is sin. I also suspect you're gonna do what you want to do. If you've read everyone's posts then you do so now with informed context from God's word and the views of those already in the body.
Hi, @Josheb So maybe does Mrs. Josheb have ink also? because I saw somewhere that in North America 59%-70% or more of parlor clients are female.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0