Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Crowned Princess So would you be more likely to get into a conversation with someone with a Bible verse tattoo?

I could talk with someone with any tattoo, I don't know why I should refuse talking to a person whether they are tattooed or not?!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I could talk with someone with any tattoo, I don't know why I should refuse talking to a person whether they are tattooed or not?!
I guess the point of my question is, Do you recognize that faith based tattoos are indeed effective as conversation-starters? :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any tattoos myself but I have friends who do, some of whom are Christian. One friend has a bible verse on her wrist to remind her of God's love and to comfort her when she's feeling down. Another has a cross tattoo. ...You are the only one who can make that sort of decision prayerfully.

The tattoo artists literally just put the ink in your skin with a needle, give you instruction on how to take care of your skin afterwards, and send you on your way. ... They are strictly professionals who are there to do a job and get paid and then go home.
Hi @derpytia So did you ever visit a parlor - not to get a tattoo, but to look at the artwork portfolios? like you say, it's often a very professional environment.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you can understand, then, the pragmatic motive of many Christians that get inked: not just to feel good, as it were, but because they are indeed proven conversation-starters?

I do understand that way of thinking ,although one can also start conversations without a tattoo too.

The best way is to trust in God, that He is capable of helping them sharing their faith as well as sharing the gospel.

So it will go both ways. Yes, I understand that they see it can be used as a conversation starter, yet it may also make some people withdraw from them that recognize the bible verse. Or who don't like tattoos, or finds tattooed people scary.

And you can also start a conversation fine without a tattoo with God's help. Yet sharing your faith and the gospel may not always be well received by everyone, as many will see it as a offense.

God can use both a tattooed person as well as a non-tattooed person, all depending on their relationships with Him and trust put in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple good ones. Just need to find time to do it :)
Sounds like you're intending to get a fairly big one done; a small one doesn't take long to do; depends on how long a session you book to go under the tattoo machine.

• Haha
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@IntriKate Did you see this discussion? and are there good parlors in the Perth area, do you know?

A lot of Christians in North America get faith based designs.

Ive never had tattoos, Im not familiar with the parlors so cant say.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ive never had tattoos, Im not familiar with the parlors so cant say.
Okay! although it's become a very womanly thing to do (as well as a man thing, esp. years ago), being a "cleanskin" - as the term is - is what a lot of ppl still prefer to remain...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay! although it's become a very womanly thing to do (as well as a man thing, esp. years ago), being a "cleanskin" - as the term is - is what a lot of ppl still prefer to remain...

My reasons for not getting tatts had nothing to do with societys view, I just never found one that I wanted to carry with me through life and I didnt think it would suit me lol.

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ms. @OneOfTheMasters Did you see this discussion at all? it's attracted a lot of comments.

No,I haven't seen this thread.
It holds no interest to me.
I am totally non judgmental,therefore I do not take to task what others choose to do.

If I wanted a tat myself then I would be in prayer about the motive of wanting one.
They do not offend me however,my son and other relatives have them!

I am also not under the Mosiac Law of Mt. Sinai !

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My reasons for not getting tatts had nothing to do with societys view, I just never found one that I wanted to carry with me through life and I didnt think it would suit me lol.
Great reasons there, that you refer to!

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; and although she did say it was her favorite Bible verse (and it's mine also), I think maybe also she might have become prepared to go through with it because it's such a proven useful tool in witness, from a pragmatic point of view; it works.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I wanted a tat myself then I would be in prayer about the motive of wanting one.
They do not offend me however,my son and other relatives have them!
@OneOfTheMasters Well, it's great that you feel you're doing what appropriate for you; clearly it's not been a matter of prayer for guidance as regards motivation; if there's no motivation there, no point in getting one.

(Were you surprised at first when your son got inked? and your other family members?)

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you're intending to get a fairly big one done; a small one doesn't take long to do; depends on how long a session you book to go under the tattoo machine.
It won’t be big, just enough to go across my inner arm.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0