Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
im going to get a cross on my arm to honor god and to show hes my idol
Thats not how the true God is honored.

Read the New Testament for more information about what God seeks in His worshippers, the gospel of John is a good start.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
its weird i dont ind anything bad really it might be ocd doing it but i dont feel like my conscience is never ok with anything
Are you in reality born again? The conscience is a faculty of the born again spirit. Unbelievers do have a conscience, but it is insensititive to the truth of God's word. If you are not sure, I'd suggest reading the following two articles:
Are you absolutely sure you are saved - Christian Life Frankston
Are you absolutely sure you are born again? - Christian Life Frankston
Something like 95% of churchgoers are not born again. We are encouraged in the Bible to make sure that we are "in the faith".

• Agree
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is getting a tattoo sinful as i wanna get a tattoo remembering my aunt

I had thought about getting one myself years ago. My sister got one from a design I made for her, again this was years ago.

But God does not want me to get one, so I won’t. This is a personal conviction. Obeying God is first and foremost important. Inquire of Him of this instead of mankind. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
i was told that it used to be some sort of demon ritual to put ink on the skin

I don't have any tattoos myself but I have friends who do, some of whom are Christian. One friend has a bible verse on her wrist to remind her of God's love and to comfort her when she's feeling down. Another has a cross tattoo. Some Christians believe any tattoo is sinful and some do not. You are the only one who can make that sort of decision prayerfully.

The tattoo artists literally just put the ink in your skin with a needle, give you instruction on how to take care of your skin afterwards, and send you on your way. No demonic ritual, no chanting, no invoking evil spirits or anything like that. You pay them and give them the design and they get the job done with a lot of care (since there are laws for cleanliness and safety that tattoo parlors have to abide by).

Some religions might get demonic tattoos but I don't think any tattoo parlor that serves the general public is involved in that unless they advertise otherwise. They are strictly professionals who are there to do a job and get paid and then go home.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People paid $500 per session to remove tattoos. Most people do not go to the expense of getting them in the first place. It seems better to pay off a debt or put money in a retirement fund.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Imho the practice of tattoo just doesn't feel 'kosher' (for lack of a better word) for a Christian. The Bible attributed it to heathen practice, but that doesn't follow that modern tattoos are ritualistic and heathen, but you do see a lot that seem demonic. Many who get tattoos regret them later in life.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I thought of getting a tattoo, but, for the life of me I cannot think of one image or design or symbol that I would want on any part of my body........forever.

Some people have a different opinion.

I think that there are much worse things that a Christian can do.... and actually do do.... than getting a tattoo... depending on where it is and what the image is.

So... IMO do what you feel is in line with your Christian image as a Child of God and how it will promote or hurt God's light shining through you.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Lev 19:28 clearly forbids tattoos or intentional cutting. So yes it is a sin. Beyond that, you don't need a tattoo to remember your aunt. You can remember her in your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How important is your soul to you? Would you risk it for a mark on your skin? What about, if it is a very small risk....tiny.....even...Would the mark be worth it, if there is a tiny risk of soul damnation?

And if you feel there is zero risk.....would this thread have been written?

So you know there is a risk to your soul......yet you are willing to take it....if the words of others greatly reduces the rick close to non.

The question is, how much is your soul worth in comparison to the object you are willing to risk it for?

You have to do a risk-reward analysis....how much risk is too much to make you lean more toward the protection of your soul.......and how little is little enough to go out and take that chance.

These are decisions you will have to make for yourself.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How important is your soul to you? Would you risk it for a mark on your skin? What about, if it is a very small risk....tiny.....even...Would the mark be worth it, if there is a tiny risk of soul damnation?

And if you feel there is zero risk.....would this thread have been written?

So you know there is a risk to your soul......yet you are willing to take it....if the words of others greatly reduces the rick close to non.

The question is, how much is your soul worth in comparison to the object you are willing to risk it for?

You have to do a risk-reward analysis....how much risk is too much to make you lean more toward the protection of your soul.......and how little is little enough to go out and take that chance.

These are decisions you will have to make for yourself.
i changed my mind i wont get it s im going to get to heaven

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good.
DO EVERYTHING you can to stay on the right road to heaven, as many have strived to enter in, and don't make it.
LUKE 13:24 KJV "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for ...
LUKE 13:24 KJV "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."
Strive to enter in by the narrow door: for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in, and shall not be able. - American Standard Version (1901) Do your best to go in by the narrow door, for I say to you, A number will make the attempt to go in, but will not be able to do so.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good.
DO EVERYTHING you can to stay on the right road to heaven, as many have strived to enter in, and don't make it.
LUKE 13:24 KJV "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for ...
LUKE 13:24 KJV "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."
Strive to enter in by the narrow door: for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in, and shall not be able. - American Standard Version (1901) Do your best to go in by the narrow door, for I say to you, A number will make the attempt to go in, but will not be able to do so.
i feel scared by that as i believe ill go to hell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We believe that journeying together is better.
We meet you where you are.
If you are in a place of joy and celebration, we want to laugh and rejoice with you.
If you are feeling broken by life’s circumstances, sad, or anxious, we want to cry with you and struggle with you.
We want to be with you, wherever you are.

Just be honest.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We believe that journeying together is better.
We meet you where you are.
If you are in a place of joy and celebration, we want to laugh and rejoice with you.
If you are feeling broken by life’s circumstances, sad, or anxious, we want to cry with you and struggle with you.
We want to be with you, wherever you are.

Just be honest.
if many strive and ddont make heaven what chance do i have none i have ocd which blastphemes the holy spirit and everything good and it messed up my feelings so i cant feel guilt or bad for sin im going to hell

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Apostles asked Jesus almost the same question: how then can ANYONE be saved?!
They were flabbergasted, astonished, at Jesus' teachings,
and could see that they could not pass the requirements themselves.

He told them, No one (can be saved), IF they trust in themselves.
Even you disciples, if you trust in yourselves to accomplish salvation, have already failed.

If you put all your trust in the Father in heaven, for your salvation (in this life and the next),
then it is already accomplished !

Sure, a lot needs to be worked out. That is the Father's concern, He is deeply invested.

So Jesus said to the Apostles: I know you don't know how to live. Come to ME and I WILL SHOW YOU HOW (to live).

And He Does.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i
The Apostles asked Jesus almost the same question: how then can ANYONE be saved?!
They were flabbergasted, astonished, at Jesus' teachings,
and could see that they could not pass the requirements themselves.

He told them, No one (can be saved), IF they trust in themselves.
Even you disciples, if you trust in yourselves to accomplish salvation, have already failed.

If you put all your trust in the Father in heaven, for your salvation (in this life and the next),
then it is already accomplished !

Sure, a lot needs to be worked out. That is the Father's concern, He is deeply invested.

So Jesus said to the Apostles: I know you don't know how to live. Come to ME and I WILL SHOW YOU HOW (to live).

And He Does.
dont understand im really stupid so how can i be saved

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a tattoo. The evening I got the tattoo I was reading in the Bible and read the Leviticus 19 prohibition Jason quoted. Seriously. Read it the day of. Was not a Christian; just happened to be reading my Bible. Oops! Too late.

The Leviticus law was written to address ritual scarification common in the ancient cultures. The Hebrews were to be a separated people, a holy people, a people not like all the others. Their testimony was to be as God made humans: unadorned, untattooed, unscarred, and not identifying with the practices of the world but identifying with God and God alone.

Remember all of God's laws are simply a reflection of the Shema and the greatest comment: Love God with everything you have and Him alone.

So you might ask yourself what it is you think you can put on your body that would make it more amazing than God has already made it. Or what tattoo might you have written into your skin that would glorify God more than the shed blood of Christ or a life will lived in obedience to He who purchased your life and body and commanded you to be perfect as He is perfect. Or perhaps how will it love God to adorn your body with a tattoo in memory of your aunt?

But don't be legalistic about it. I'm fairly confident God does not want anyone to tattoo his/her body but I am even more sure we will see tattooed siblings in heaven on the other side of the grave.

Covered in Christ's blood and washed white as snow.

Sin is lawlessness (1 Jn. 3:4).
Sin is unrighteousness (1 Jn. 5:17).
Anything not done in faith is sin (Rom. 14:23).
Sin is imperfection (Mt. 5:48).

Now you know both the letter of the law and the principles guiding the letters. I don't think you need our opinions to know what is sin. I also suspect you're gonna do what you want to do. If you've read everyone's posts then you do so now with informed context from God's word and the views of those already in the body.

Upvote 0