Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well nothing in your posts did anything remotely similar, but believe whatever you like.

I used to give you the evidence and explanations., but I gave up when it became clear that you would either ignore it or not understand it.

Whatever you thought science was, sorry, it isn't me with the misconceptions. As for 'my position' well, in this thread I merely pointed out God's position on the ability and scope and potential of man's science and knowledge.

You can say that you're not wrong all you want, doesn't change the fact that you ARE wrong. You've never posted anything to show you understand how science works.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Great. So science cannot understand, and those who are unsaved have an extreme limited grasp. Why?

Ro 1:28 -And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

You do realize that that verse appears to apply to you as well, don't you? Seriously if anyone has a "reprobate mind" here. So let's avoid making false accusations against others. Just because one does not believe your stories does not mean that they are "reprobate". It is very telling that all you can do is to abuse the Bible by quoting it out of context.

Since you continually demonstrate a sever lack of understanding does that not imply, by your standards at least, you are not "saved" too?

And that verse still does not support your earlier claims. It only makes you look bad. Do you understand what the word "reprobate" means? That word describes your debating technique in a nutshell. Perhaps you should pay more attention to verses such as:

"
Matt.7
[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
[4] Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that that verse appears to apply to you as well, don't you? Seriously if anyone has a "reprobate mind" here. So let's avoid making false accusations against others. Just because one does not believe your stories does not mean that they are "reprobate". It is very telling that all you can do is to abuse the Bible by quoting it out of context.

Since you continually demonstrate a sever lack of understanding does that not imply, by your standards at least, you are not "saved" too?

And that verse still does not support your earlier claims. It only makes you look bad. Do you understand what the word "reprobate" means? That word describes your debating technique in a nutshell. Perhaps you should pay more attention to verses such as:
Unbelievers may try to post verses they like to pretend justify s them. However when people deny Scripture is from God and creation, their smooth snake charming can be seen in the proper light.

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Unbelievers may try to post verses they like to pretend justify s them. However when people deny Scripture is from God and creation, their smooth snake charming can be seen in the proper light.

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
If you want to make that claim the burden of proof is upon you, just as when a Muslim claims that the Quran is a message from Allah they have to prove that. What I can do is to show that my understanding of the Bible is equal to or in fact probably better than yours. One does not have to believe it to understand it.

It is rather ironic that you do not understand that all of the verses that you try to use against me apply equally against you. That is one indicator that your personal prejudice gets in the way of you understanding the Bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I can do is to show that my understanding of the Bible is equal to or in fact probably better than yours.
And yet you're still an atheist. :scratch:

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you think that one has to believe the Bible to understand it?
Because I have been dealing with those who do not believe in the Bible for almost two decades, and I can attest to the fact that they don't.

In fact, Paul says they can't.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

I've made this point before, and it bears repeating:

If I lived my life like unbelievers interpret the Bible, I wouldn't be on the Internet.

I'd get up in the morning, leave my cave, go hunt witches for awhile (not too far, lest I fall off the edge of the earth), kill anyone picking up sticks on a Saturday, then try to make it home in time for the evening oblation. My firstborn son is no longer with me, as I sacrificed him on an altar, and my daughter likewise, since I made a hasty promise to sacrifice the first thing I met coming home from work.

The ridiculosity is never-ending.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Evolution: tares among the wheat.
Why would you break the Ninth Commandment? Seriously making false claims about others is the last thing a Christian should do.

If reality is a threat to your God what does that say about your God? Many Christians have no problem accepting reality. Why do you think that it is a threat?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a cleaning. Please do not use Bible verses to goad/flame. Please do not respond to goads/flames. Keep posts on topic and not personal.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ecc 3: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Which means that "6000 years" is nonsense. Thanks, dad!

As proof that man does not understand time the bible offers a few instances where time as we know it usually, was altered. The battle where Joshua had the day extended, and the time the sun dial went backwards. ( 2 Kings 20, Josh 10) Science today cannot fathom how this happened.

But the Bible is clear why it happened... Joshua wanted to kill every man, woman, and child... and genocide by moonlight is such an inconvenience. God thought that was a worthy cause.

Oddly enough, nobody seems to find anything problematic about that...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which means that "6000 years" is nonsense. Thanks, dad!
When He tells us in Scripture man can know. Not only that, but God quickens Scripture to us, brings it to mind if we ask Him to.

But the Bible is clear why it happened... Joshua wanted to kill every man, woman, and child... and genocide by moonlight is such an inconvenience. God thought that was a worthy cause.
God bless Joshua for doing what God ordered and showing the wicked that God was greater. The batte even showed God would move heaven and earth helping us when we are trying to obey Him.
Oddly enough, nobody seems to find anything problematic about that...
Oddly enough, many will have a big problem with Christ returning and slaying the wicked til the blood runs high as a horse's bridle in some places. They should understand that they really do have only 2 options, repent, or die.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oddly enough, many will have a big problem with Christ returning and slaying the wicked til the blood runs high as a horse's bridle in some places.
J ... Jesus is going to do that???

The Prince of Peace!!???

Some people think Jesus [was] a pacifist.

How do you reconcile the Bible's depiction of Jesus, with the Jesus of academia?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
J ... Jesus is going to do that???

The Prince of Peace!!???

Some people think Jesus [was] a pacifist.

How do you reconcile the Bible's depiction of Jesus, with the Jesus of academia?
He rocks. He'll rule. Any pretense of acadamia nuts knowing God are not to be taken seriously.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When He tells us in Scripture man can know. Not only that, but God quickens Scripture to us, brings it to mind if we ask Him to.

Well, He didn't tell anyone "6,000 years," so that's humbug.

God bless Joshua for doing what God ordered and showing the wicked that God was greater. The batte even showed God would move heaven and earth helping us when we are trying to obey Him.

Never is difficult to obey a "kill" command, is it?

Oddly enough, many will have a big problem with Christ returning and slaying the wicked til the blood runs high as a horse's bridle in some places. They should understand that they really do have only 2 options, repent, or die.

..or both, really.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, He didn't tell anyone "6,000 years," so that's humbug.
He did list chronologies so we know about when Abraham lived...who was contemporary with Noah...who was so many generations from Adam...who was the first man.

Never is difficult to obey a "kill" command, is it?
Far as I can tell, Jesus will take care of business alone in the end. I used to think the armies from heaven that came with Him did the job, apparently they are more like bystanders.

God had a plan and a people for bringing eternal life to man. Since this world was not going to roll over and allow Salvation, but the Prince of this world wanted to keep the captives, there had to be a struggle. Endangering His people was an attack on God's will to have eternal life given to mankind. So God watched over them and interceded and helped them and strengthened them when they obeyed. When the Lamb of of finally came down to earth, it was time to show His love and offer this gift to as many as would receive it. There is coming a time when the harvest is ripe and the world has pretty well made it's choices and He will return to earth to take over forever, and expel the wicked.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He did list chronologies so we know about when Abraham lived...who was contemporary with Noah...who was so many generations from Adam...who was the first man.

And if all that was comprehensive and accurate, then "Bible says science cannot possibly know how many years since creation" is the real humbug, then.

So which is it? Either we can figure it out or we can't.

Far as I can tell, Jesus will take care of business alone in the end. I used to think the armies from heaven that came with Him did the job, apparently they are more like bystanders.

I can only suspect that the thrill of watching Jesus kill will be marred by the frustration of not being allowed to join in.

God had a plan and a people for bringing eternal life to man.

Which plan was that? The one that went sideways in Genesis and required Jesus to come down the first time, or the one from when Jesus came down a first time... which has apparently also gone sideways and now requires him to return... killing left and right?

Since this world was not going to roll over and allow Salvation, but the Prince of this world wanted to keep the captives, there had to be a struggle.

It's only a struggle because God chooses to handicap Himself.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if all that was comprehensive and accurate, then "Bible says science cannot possibly know how many years since creation" is the real humbug, then.

So which is it? Either we can figure it out or we can't.
That depends on the we involved. For science and the wisdom of man in general, they can't.

I can only suspect that the thrill of watching Jesus kill will be marred by the frustration of not being allowed to join in.

Imagine is correct. The imagination of your heart.

Which plan was that? The one that went sideways in Genesis and required Jesus to come down the first time,
That was always the plan.

or the one from when Jesus came down a first time... which has apparently also gone sideways and now requires him to return... killing left and right?
All part of the plan, so repent or perish.

It's only a struggle because God chooses to handicap Himself.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That depends on the we involved. For science and the wisdom of man in general, they can't.

Except that the verses you quoted say nothing of "science."

All you're left with is your wisdom... man.

Upvote 0