Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, yes, as I have demonstrated to you countless times in the past. You only deny them because you do not understand how science works.
Well nothing in your posts did anything remotely similar, but believe whatever you like.
You don't seem to have any understanding of science and you don't seem to have put any thought at all into your position. Why are you even in these discussion threads?

Whatever you thought science was, sorry, it isn't me with the misconceptions. As for 'my position' well, in this thread I merely pointed out God's position on the ability and scope and potential of man's science and knowledge.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let's review
You claim this is my interpretation?

Ecc 3: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Yes, you misinterpret that. It does not say nor even imply that man cannot know when the universe as we know it began. Tell me where does it say that? When your interpretation disagrees with reality it is time to look at your interpretation again.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They do all of what they do here in the fishbowl and the present and whatever times and origins they ascribe due to their godless limited perspectives and beliefs are religious garbage.
Let's try to be honest. The universe is not a "fishbowl". And many of the people that know this, in fact the person that first came up with what became to be known as the Big Bang Theory, was a Christian.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well nothing in your posts did anything remotely similar, but believe whatever you like.

Whatever you thought science was, sorry, it isn't me with the misconceptions. As for 'my position' well, in this thread I merely pointed out God's position on the ability and scope and potential of man's science and knowledge.
No, you only pointed out your misinterpretation of a verse at best.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, you misinterpret that. It does not say nor even imply that man cannot know when the universe as we know it began. Tell me where does it say that? When your interpretation disagrees with reality it is time to look at your interpretation again.
How about this bit.." they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's try to be honest. The universe is not a "fishbowl".
Speaking of being honest who said the universe was?
And many of the people that know this, in fact the person that first came up with what became to be known as the Big Bang Theory, was a Christian.

So?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of being honest who said the universe was?

So?
You keep trying to find a reason to hate those that understand what you do not understand and try to claim that they are not Christian, while many of them are Christian. And let's not use Tu Quoque fallacies. Just admit your error and we can move on.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, in context it appears to only mean that man cannot understand the totality of the universe. Nothing in there about any dates.
Once again, you seem to think that we should value opinions from unbelievers about what our God said and meant. How should I put this? Hmm, I'd sooner ask Satan, thanks.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Once again, you seem to think that we should value opinions from unbelievers about what our God said and meant. How should I put this? Hmm, I'd sooner ask Satan, thanks.
Why do you have the mistaken idea that one must believe the Bible to understand it? Your personal prejudices make it harder for you to understand many parts of the Bible.

Tell me, do you think that the Earth is flat? A literal reading of the Bible leads to that conclusion. Are Flat Earthers wrong when they interpret the Bible in that manner?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you have the mistaken idea that one must believe the Bible to understand it? Your personal prejudices make it harder for you to understand many parts of the Bible.

Tell me, do you think that the Earth is flat? A literal reading of the Bible leads to that conclusion. Are Flat Earthers wrong when they interpret the Bible in that manner?
Satan quoted the bible to Jesus, but it was all just a twisted, doubting waste of time short circuit, designed to hinder the work of God and His plan to save man. Much like the posts of some here.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Satan quoted the bible to Jesus, but it was all just a twisted, doubting waste of time short circuit, designed to hinder the work of God and His plan to save man. Much like the posts of some here.
Please no weak excuses. Tell me, what do you think of those that believe in a Flat Earth?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Santa, flat earth. big bang, easter bunny..blah blah
There is no difference between believing in a Flat Earth and believing in creationism. They are only different in degrees of rejection of reality.

But the Big Bang is well supported by evidence. Perhaps if you learned the basics of science, including learning what evidence is you might drop your Flat Earth beliefs.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no difference between believing in a Flat Earth and believing in creationism. They are only different in degrees of rejection of reality.

But the Big Bang is well supported by evidence. Perhaps if you learned the basics of science, including learning what evidence is you might drop your Flat Earth beliefs.
Maybe start a thread on your fairy tale.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe start a thread on your fairy tale.
I am not the one that believes in fairy tales here. You are projecting your flaws upon others.

Doesn't it bother you a bit that your beliefs are no different from those of a Flat Earther?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not the one that believes in fairy tales here. You are projecting your flaws upon others.

Doesn't it bother you a bit that your beliefs are no different from those of a Flat Earther?
Mt 13:11 - He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Science cannot fathom, believers can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then perhaps you should quit ranting. Let's go over how science works and why it is reliable.
Mt 13:11 -He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mt 13:11 -He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Yes, yes, we all know that you have trouble understanding verses taken out of context. I am trying to help you with that problem. Once again let's go over how science works and why it is reliable. A verse that you cannot interpret properly is not a refutation.

Upvote 0