Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, yes, we all know that you have trouble understanding verses taken out of context. I am trying to help you with that problem. Once again let's go over how science works and why it is reliable. A verse that you cannot interpret properly is not a refutation.
1Co 2:10 - But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
1Co 2:10 - But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Desperate quoting verses out of context only demonstrates a lack of understanding of the Bible. In fact it is an abuse of the Bible. At least twelve times the Bible says "there is no God". Of course those quotes would be taken out of context. But that shows that one should not quote single verses or phrases from the Bible. They usually do not mean what the person trying to quote them out of context thinks that they mean.

Once again let's go over what science is, how it is done, and why it is reliable.

Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Desperate quoting verses out of context only demonstrates a lack of understanding of the Bible. At least twelve times the Bible says "there is no God". Of course those quotes would be taken out of context. But that shows that one should not quote single verses or phrases from the Bible. They usually do not mean what the person trying to quote them out of context thinks that they mean.

Once again let's go over what science is, how it is done, and why it is reliable.
The OP is the context, the verses added perfectly to that.
1Jo 2:27 - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The beginning I know about, and science doesn't.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. Just people’s refusal to account for time dilation in an accelerating universe as one calculates backwards in time to when clocks and decay rates happened faster.
Since people were created also when the sun and stars were, what effect would your acceleration have had on us?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The OP is the context, the verses added perfectly to that.
1Jo 2:27 - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The beginning I know about, and science doesn't.
You don't appear to understand what context means, and now you are once again using the technique that a person that claims the Bible says "there is no God" would use. Verses taken out of context and even worse just phrases taken out of context only demonstrate a lack of understanding of the Bible. It is not a valid debating technique.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Just people’s refusal to account for time dilation in an accelerating universe as one calculates backwards in time to when clocks and decay rates happened faster.
No, that is a complete misunderstanding of Relativity. Since the products are in the same frame of reference as the objects their decay rate would match proper time.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't appear to understand what context means, and now you are once again using the technique that a person that claims the Bible says "there is no God" would use. Verses taken out of context and even worse just phrases taken out of context only demonstrate a lack of understanding of the Bible. It is not a valid debating technique.
The context is bang on.

God's wisdom is high high high high high high high high high above man's.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The context is bang on.

God's wisdom is high high high high high high high high high above man's.

Yet you have no reliable evidence for that. And it is doubtful if your context is "bang on". In fact the one verse that you cherry pick in the OP does not even support your claim. You can only put a twisted interpretation on it.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let's look at the verse in a little more context:

"9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him."

As you can see there is no implication that the timing of events can't be known. It is only the totality that can't be known according to that passage. The OP tries to abuse the Bible by isolating the verse from context and putting a strange anti-science spin on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet you have no reliable evidence for that. And it is doubtful if your context is "bang on". In fact the one verse that you cherry pick in the OP does not even support your claim. You can only put a twisted interpretation on it.
Scriptures says what it says. As the OP and subsequent verses proved, God says man doesn't and can't know. So who are we going to believe?
2Th 3:2 - And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Scriptures says what it says. As the OP and subsequent verses proved, God says man doesn't and can't know. So who are we going to believe?
2Th 3:2 - And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
So all I have do to is to quote out of context that the Bible says there is no God and that means that the Bible tells us that? I don't think so. You quote only a short section so that your poor interpretation is not immediately shown to be wrong.

By the way, faith is not an asset.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So all I have do to is to quote out of context that the Bible says there is no God and that means that the Bible tells us that? I don't think so. You quote only a short section so that your poor interpretation is not immediately shown to be wrong.

By the way, faith is not an asset.
Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night
Yes, one can abuse the Bible to support one's own ugly prejudices. Nothing new there. I can never understand why people that believe the Bible abuse it so badly.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, one can abuse the Bible to support one's own ugly prejudices. Nothing new there. I can never understand why people that believe the Bible abuse it so badly.
Mt 13:13 - Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mt 13:13 - Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
You do realize that from this thread that it looks as if that verse applies to you. Bible literalists do not understand parables.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bible literalists do not understand parables.
Parables are described as: "earthly stories with heavenly meanings."

They are real events that occurred.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Parables are described as: "earthly stories with heavenly meanings."

They are real events that occurred.
Why do you think that they really happened? They teach a lesson. Being a real life event is not required. You very well be one that cannot understand them because you make the error of assuming that they had to be real.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you think that they really happened? They teach a lesson. Being a real life event is not required. You very well be one that cannot understand them because you make the error of assuming that they had to be real.
This didn't happen?

Numbers 23:7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that from this thread that it looks as if that verse applies to you. Bible literalists do not understand parables.
Not that the wicked cannot understand parables at all..

Lu 20:19 - The scribes and the chief priests tried to lay hands on Him that very hour, and they feared the people; for they understood that He spoke this parable against them.

Upvote 0