FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nobody can love Christ unless he is revealed. There are many 'career Christians' who have no clue who he is, the 'I never knew you' gang. They try and they try to make the cut, they pray and they fast and they read the word, they believe they love and serve God...but all to no avail. Into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels they shall go.

Dear Shrewd: There are those in churchianity who have decided to follow Jesus. The Master, however, has declared "you did not choose Me." The making of disciples begins in Him and ends in Him. He is the A & O, the beginning & the ending!

7f58a3898b78def226e2960e2918b13fefc9028c.jpeg

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is not true in the slightest and you know it. There is more than you can offer which is not one verse that says anyone comes out of the lake of fire and unto eternal life.

That is as far as I got in your rather long post. Not true...and I know it? I have examined EVERY verse in my KJV and considered how it fit in the eternal destiny of all. You keep on insisting on just one verse showing how "anyone comes out of the lake of fire and unto eternal life."

I offer the Revelation 21:5 - 'Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” ' -KJV

and

I Corinthians 15:28 - "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." -KJV

Yet, you continue to deny that "all" means ALL. No, God in His Word does not say anything like "I will remove all from the Lake of Fire in due time." but these two verses imply that it must be true.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God raises the dead. Some to life eternal, others to correction eternal. And once they have been corrected, they will have overcome and are welcome into the City.

Nowhere does it say the fire will correct--it says it will devour, consume and destroy.

I don't see why you think we're saying God forces anyone to love Him. Only universalism truly allows for freedom of choice, there's no threat of death or torture to cloud one's motives. That's duress by ultimatum: love me or die/ burn forever.

And just what is it you think the fire feels like---a warm soothing bath? Universalism does not allow for freedom of choice, they have to choose God, they have no other choice. Those who do not want God still have to choose Him or remain in the fire. If you have fooled yourselves into thinking this fire does not hurt, you are truly delusional. It does not hurt those who have chosen God before they died. Those who died in their sins have not the protection of the blood of Jesus from the fire and it is indeed torture to therm.

You want robotic? Right there's a fine exhibit of mechanical legalism.

It is not robotic legalism to know that God keeps His promises---He will always do as He says and He says the wicked will be destroyed.

Speak for yourself. God is fire. And just one moment in His presence is enough to destroy all doubt, fear, unbelief, error and enmity that a worldly heart and mind has built up against Him. That's the baptism of fire and the spirit spoken of by John.

I speak what the bible says, not the philosophy of man. We are baptized by the fire of the Holy Spirit in this world, in this life---nowhere does it say that the fire of God will be a corrective fire after death. You have filed to produce one single, solitary verse that states anyone comes out of the fire to praise the Lord for eternity---not one.

Nor do you threaten them with eternal destruction if they won't love you. That would come from the mafioso psycho narcissist fallen pseudo-deity ie satan the deceiver and usurper.

It is not a threat. There are only 2 choices---life or death. There is no other choice. Those who do not want to spend eternity with God, will not have the projection of the blood of Christ and they can not live in His fire without it. It is their choice. The notion that there is any other choice comes from Satan---he doesn't care how he distorts the truth, just as long as people believe the lie.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That is as far as I got in your rather long post. Not true...and I know it? I have examined EVERY verse in my KJV and considered how it fit in the eternal destiny of all. You keep on insisting on just one verse showing how "anyone comes out of the lake of fire and unto eternal life."

I offer the Revelation 21:5 - 'Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” ' -KJV

and

I Corinthians 15:28 - "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." -KJV

Yet, you continue to deny that "all" means ALL. No, God in His Word does not say anything like "I will remove all from the Lake of Fire in due time." but these two verses imply that it must be true.

I continue to ask for the verse for you have never provided and can not for it is not there. God does make all things new over the askes of the wicked. The verse you provide do not state that anyone comes out of the fire to praise and worship the Lord for all eternity. There is nothing to prove that there is any kind of life after the lake of fire. It all is on the side of those who were resurrected in the first resurrection of the saved. They inherit the kingdom of God, they inherit the newly remade earth. Nowhere does it say that the wicked will "eventually" have eternal life also. There is no 2nd chance after death.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and
Does God tell us clearly what to do and what not to do and clearly tells us what will happen when we do or do not do what He tells us? OR Does God only imply what happens and we have to read between the lines and infer what He means?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why does hasatan, the devil, the prince of the power of the air, over all the sons of disobedience in the world, basically all peoples,
like universalism ?
He loves it, and promotes it, and deceives people in every country perhaps.
Why ?

He knows his time is short.
He has always been a liar and deceiver.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Our God is a consuming Fire

Fire Is A Beneficent Agent

How shallow is the common view of “fire” as only or chiefly a penal agent. Fire, in Scripture, is the element of…

“Life”…Isa. 4:5

“Purification”…Matt. 3:3

“Atonement”…Lev. 16:27

“Transformation”…2 Pet. 3:10

And never ever of preservation alive for purposes of anguish.

And the popular view selects precisely this latter use, never found in Scripture, and represents it as the sole end of God’s fiery judgments! If we take either the teaching of Scripture or of nature, we see that the dominant conception of fire is of a beneficent agent. Nature tells us that fire is a necessary condition of life; its mission is to sustain life; and to purify, even when it dissolves.

Extinguish the stores of fire in the universe, and you extinguish all being; universal death reigns. Most strikingly is this connection of fire and life shown in the facts of nutrition. For we actually burn in order to live; our food is the fuel; our bodies are furnaces; our nutrition is a process of combustion; we are, in fact, “aflame to the very tips of our fingers.” And so it is that round the fireside of life and work gather: when we think of home we speak of the family hearth.

Fire Is The Sign Of God’s Being

And what Nature teaches, Scripture enforces in no doubtful tone. It is significant to find the Great Source of life constantly associated with fire in the Bible.

Fire is the sign, not of God’s wrath, but of His being.

When God comes to Ezekiel there is a “fire unfolding itself” (Ezek. 1:4, 27) and “the appearance of fire.” (Ezek. 8:2)

Christ’s eyes are a flame of “fire” (Rev. 1:14).

The seven lamps of “fire” are the seven Spirits of God (Rev. 4:5). So a fiery stream is said “to go before God,” His throne is fiery flame, its wheels are burning fire (Daniel 7:9,10). His eyes are lamps of fire (Dan. 10:6); He is a wall of fire (Zeph. 2:5). At His touch the mountains smoke (Psl. 104:32). And God’s ministers are a flame of fire (Psl. 104:4…Heb. 1:7). It is not meant to deny that the Divine Fire chastises and destroys.

Purification, Not Ruin Is The Final Outcome

It is meant that purification, not ruin, is the final outcome of that fire from above, which consumes–call it, if you please, a paradox–in order that it may save. For if God is Love, then by what but by love can His fires be kindled? They are, in fact, the very flame of love; and so we have the key to the words, “Thy God is a consuming Fire,” and “Thy God is a merciful God” (Deut. 4:24-31). So God devours the earth with fire, in order that finally all may call upon the name of the Lord (Zeph. 3:8,9)–words full of significance.

So Isaiah tells us of God’s cleansing the daughters of Zion by the spirit of burning (Isa. 4:4)–suggestive words. And, so again, “By fire will the Lord plead with all flesh.” (Isa. 66:16) And Christ coming to save, comes to purify by “fire.” (Mal. 3:2).

Fire A Sign Of Favourable Response?

Let us note, also, how often “fire” is the sign of a favourable answer from God; when God appears to Moses at the Bush it is in “fire:” God answers Gideon by “fire;” and David by “fire.” (1 Chron. 21:26) Again, when He answers Elijah on Carmel, it is by “fire;” and in “fire” Elijah himself ascends to God. So God sends to Elisha, for aid, chariots and horses of “fire.” So when the Psalmist calls, God answers by “fire.” (Psl. 18:6-8)

And by the pillar of “fire” God gave His law. And in “fire” the great gift of the Holy Ghost descends at Pentecost."

Fire Is The Portion Of All

These words bring us to the New Testament. There we find that “fire,” like judgment, so far from being the sinner’s portion ONLY, is the portion of all. Like God’s judgment again, it is not future merely, but present; it is “already kindled,” always kindled: its object is not torment, but cleansing. The proof comes from the lips of our Lord Himself. “I am come to send fire on the earth,” for it is certain that He came as a Saviour. Thus, coming to save, Christ comes with fire, nay, with fire already kindled. He comes to baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Therefore, it is that Christ teaches in solemn passage (usually misunderstood, Mark 9:43) that everyone shall be salted with fire. And so the “fire is to try every man’s work.” He whose work fails is saved (mark the word saved), not damned “so as by fire,” by consuming what is evil, saves and refines.

The antient tradition that represents Christ as saying, “He that is near Me is near fire,” expresses a vital truth. So Malachi, describes Christ as being in His saving work “like a refiner’s fire.” And so, echoing Deut 4:24-31, we are told that “our God is a consuming Fire,” i.e., God in His closest relation to us; God is Love; God is Spirit: but “Our God is a consuming Fire”–a consuming Fire, “by which the whole material substance of sin is destroyed.”

When, then, we read (Psl. 18:12) that “coals of fire” go before God, we think of the deeds of love which are “coals of fire” to our enemies. (Rom. 12:20) Thus, we who teach hope for all men, do not shrink from but accept, in their fullest meaning, these mysterious “fires” of gehenna, of which Christ speaks (kindled for purification), as in a special sense the sinner’s doom in the coming ages. But taught by the clearest statements of Scripture (confirmed as they are by many analogies of Nature), we see in these “fires” not a denial of, but a mode of fulfilling, the promise–

"Behold, I make all things new."

-Christ Triumphant-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
Our God is a consuming Fire
Fire Is A Beneficent Agent

How shallow is the common view of “fire” as only or chiefly a penal agent. Fire, in Scripture, is the element of…

“Life”…Isa. 4:5

“Purification”…Matt. 3:3

“Atonement”…Lev. 16:27

“Transformation”…2 Pet. 3:10

And never ever of preservation alive for purposes of anguish.

And the popular view selects precisely this latter use, never found in Scripture, and represents it as the sole end of God’s fiery judgments! If we take either the teaching of Scripture or of nature, we see that the dominant conception of fire is of a beneficent agent. Nature tells us that fire is a necessary condition of life; its mission is to sustain life; and to purify, even when it dissolves.

Extinguish the stores of fire in the universe, and you extinguish all being; universal death reigns. Most strikingly is this connection of fire and life shown in the facts of nutrition. For we actually burn in order to live; our food is the fuel; our bodies are furnaces; our nutrition is a process of combustion; we are, in fact, “aflame to the very tips of our fingers.” And so it is that round the fireside of life and work gather: when we think of home we speak of the family hearth.

Fire Is The Sign Of God’s Being

And what Nature teaches, Scripture enforces in no doubtful tone. It is significant to find the Great Source of life constantly associated with fire in the Bible.

Fire is the sign, not of God’s wrath, but of His being.

When God comes to Ezekiel there is a “fire unfolding itself” (Ezek. 1:4, 27) and “the appearance of fire.” (Ezek. 8:2)

Christ’s eyes are a flame of “fire” (Rev. 1:14).

The seven lamps of “fire” are the seven Spirits of God (Rev. 4:5). So a fiery stream is said “to go before God,” His throne is fiery flame, its wheels are burning fire (Daniel 7:9,10). His eyes are lamps of fire (Dan. 10:6); He is a wall of fire (Zeph. 2:5). At His touch the mountains smoke (Psl. 104:32). And God’s ministers are a flame of fire (Psl. 104:4…Heb. 1:7). It is not meant to deny that the Divine Fire chastises and destroys.

Purification, Not Ruin Is The Final Outcome

It is meant that purification, not ruin, is the final outcome of that fire from above, which consumes–call it, if you please, a paradox–in order that it may save. For if God is Love, then by what but by love can His fires be kindled? They are, in fact, the very flame of love; and so we have the key to the words, “Thy God is a consuming Fire,” and “Thy God is a merciful God” (Deut. 4:24-31). So God devours the earth with fire, in order that finally all may call upon the name of the Lord (Zeph. 3:8,9)–words full of significance.

So Isaiah tells us of God’s cleansing the daughters of Zion by the spirit of burning (Isa. 4:4)–suggestive words. And, so again, “By fire will the Lord plead with all flesh.” (Isa. 66:16) And Christ coming to save, comes to purify by “fire.” (Mal. 3:2).

Fire A Sign Of Favourable Response?

Let us note, also, how often “fire” is the sign of a favourable answer from God; when God appears to Moses at the Bush it is in “fire:” God answers Gideon by “fire;” and David by “fire.” (1 Chron. 21:26) Again, when He answers Elijah on Carmel, it is by “fire;” and in “fire” Elijah himself ascends to God. So God sends to Elisha, for aid, chariots and horses of “fire.” So when the Psalmist calls, God answers by “fire.” (Psl. 18:6-8)

And by the pillar of “fire” God gave His law. And in “fire” the great gift of the Holy Ghost descends at Pentecost."

Fire Is The Portion Of All

These words bring us to the New Testament. There we find that “fire,” like judgment, so far from being the sinner’s portion ONLY, is the portion of all. Like God’s judgment again, it is not future merely, but present; it is “already kindled,” always kindled: its object is not torment, but cleansing. The proof comes from the lips of our Lord Himself. “I am come to send fire on the earth,” for it is certain that He came as a Saviour. Thus, coming to save, Christ comes with fire, nay, with fire already kindled. He comes to baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

Therefore, it is that Christ teaches in solemn passage (usually misunderstood, Mark 9:43) that everyone shall be salted with fire. And so the “fire is to try every man’s work.” He whose work fails is saved (mark the word saved), not damned “so as by fire,” by consuming what is evil, saves and refines.

The antient tradition that represents Christ as saying, “He that is near Me is near fire,” expresses a vital truth. So Malachi, describes Christ as being in His saving work “like a refiner’s fire.” And so, echoing Deut 4:24-31, we are told that “our God is a consuming Fire,” i.e., God in His closest relation to us; God is Love; God is Spirit: but “Our God is a consuming Fire”–a consuming Fire, “by which the whole material substance of sin is destroyed.”

When, then, we read (Psl. 18:12) that “coals of fire” go before God, we think of the deeds of love which are “coals of fire” to our enemies. (Rom. 12:20) Thus, we who teach hope for all men, do not shrink from but accept, in their fullest meaning, these mysterious “fires” of gehenna, of which Christ speaks (kindled for purification), as in a special sense the sinner’s doom in the coming ages. But taught by the clearest statements of Scripture (confirmed as they are by many analogies of Nature), we see in these “fires” not a denial of, but a mode of fulfilling, the promise–

"Behold, I make all things new."

-Christ Triumphant
-
What can wash away my sin, nothing but the blood of Jesus, Oh precious is the flow that washes white as snow."
But some people die in their sins and have to be purified by fire, the blood of Jesus is not enough and after they are purified by fire they will be filled with warm fuzzies for God.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Master tells false gospel promoters "You also shall perish, unless you each repent"....
Well we are at least in GOOD COMPANY....you should meet the GOD WE SERVE>

JON 3:9 Who knows, God may yet repent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we perish not?"

But since you're so into God's 'anger' and 'perishing' for others, just keep judging us to assure yourself as to what might end up being 'your due'.

MAT 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged,

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hillsage said:
Well we are at least in GOOD COMPANY....you should meet the GOD WE SERVE>
JON 3:9 Who knows, God may yet repent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we perish not?"
But since you're so into God's 'anger' and 'perishing' for others, just keep judging us to assure yourself as to what might end up being 'your due'....
Was the king of Nineveh alive or dead when he said that?

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Shrewd: There are those in churchianity who have decided to follow Jesus. The Master, however, has declared "you did not choose Me." The making of disciples begins in Him and ends in Him. He is the A & O, the beginning & the ending!

There are people in ALL the religions of the world. And YES they ALL think they're right. And the church Jesus returns is so full of them that our Lord himself wondered if he'd even find faith on earth when he returned. No wonder, since the great apostasy being waited for by most of those who 'picked' Christianity, is the very church they're going to now. WIDE IS THE DOOR of their easy believism and greasy grace cover up for their sins before AND after joining 'the church'. All the while having platitudinal compassion for those they think deserve ETERNAL PURPOSELESS TORTURE. :doh:

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hillsage said:
There are people in ALL the religions of the world. And YES they ALL think they're right. And the church Jesus returns is so full of them that our Lord himself wondered if he'd even find faith on earth when he returned. No wonder, since the great apostasy being waited for by most of those who 'picked' Christianity, is the very church they're going to now. WIDE IS THE DOOR of their easy believism and greasy grace cover up for their sins before AND after joining 'the church'. All the while having platitudinal compassion for those they think deserve ETERNAL PURPOSELESS TORTURE.
Anti-Christian rubbish. Just another later heterodox religious group who claim that they alone have the true truth and anyone who doesn't buy into their program is wrong. One in a long line JW, LDS, WWCG, OP, UPCI, INC etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are people in ALL the religions of the world. And YES they ALL think they're right. And the church Jesus returns is so full of them that our Lord himself wondered if he'd even find faith on earth when he returned. No wonder, since the great apostasy being waited for by most of those who 'picked' Christianity, is the very church they're going to now. WIDE IS THE DOOR of their easy believism and greasy grace cover up for their sins before AND after joining 'the church'. All the while having platitudinal compassion for those they think deserve ETERNAL PURPOSELESS TORTURE. :doh:

Dear Hillsage: Any thinking that has the Father of fathers losing any of us, is not the Father of the One who intimately refers to Him as Abba. To think that Abba inflicts anything but corrective measures of righteousness in His punishment is NOT my Father.

Perhaps the less traveled road is losing some of we sheep or goats by simply annihilation may be less silly, but still results in Him losing.

"The Father Who Lost Two Sons" by Robert Farrar Capon | Facebook

Gather up the fragments that NOTHING be lost/ apollumi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Dear Hillsage: Any thinking that has the Father of fathers losing any of us, is not the Father of the One who intimately refers to Him as Abba. To think that Abba inflicts anything but corrective measures of righteousness in His punishment is NOT my Father.

Perhaps the less traveled road is losing some of we sheep or goats by simply annihilation may be less silly, but still results in Him losing.

When you reject the God of the universe--the God of the bible, the God of justice as well as mercy----He has no choice but to let you and you will reap as you wish---you will not be able to have the blood of Jesus cover you and His fire will destroy. How very sad to loose out on eternity with Him because you refuse to acknowledge that He is mercy and He is justice and His justice will be handed out. Free will---free will means you have the right to reject what is offered. Otherwise, it is not freedom, but slavery.
When you choose the philosophy of men over the truth of the bible, you are the one loosing out for you believe their lies over His truth. And Satan can rack up another one for His side. My God is sovereign--He does not change---and He will always do as He says. He keeps His word. And His word says His fire will destroy those who have not the blood of Jesus to cover them. And since that is not something you will accept---I hope you enjoy this life---for it is the only life you will have. But it is the way you want it. You'd rather have the 2nd death than eternal life with the God who has the right to destroy that which He has made and has rejected His authority. It will break His heart--but it is your right to reject Him.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I do feel sorry for posts like that above. How sad that they hear not the whisper of the Spirit in the roars of long told lies. I am thankful for those brethren here who let the Spirit of truth lead and guide them away from the crowd who worship a god made in the image of carnal minded men of old. Men whose hearts were sold out to the religious and political spirit of the father of lies in those days days so long ago. Days when the founding fathers had long gone to their graves. The false truths promoted today still stand on the the shoulders of those servants of Satan who twisted the founders teachings to achieve their own corrupt hearted goals. History easily proves they too girded themselves with robes and religious phylacteries even as Jesus warned of concerning the deceivers in his day. Warnings against the lies of the pharisees in their religious robes. Oh the influence of those deceivers concerning the heart of God. The hearts of the simple minded were no match for those religious writers of the traditions and commandments of men.

The church that came up with the deceptions we stand against today, is simply the repeated history warning of Jesus in His day. A day when the Son himself told how the religion of God was so defiled by religious men.

MAT 23:5 They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues,

If only those today could heed the warning of the Savior concerning the truth.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nowhere does it say the fire will correct--it says it will devour, consume and destroy.

God's enemies are spiritual. He is proud of His creation. Man is made in His image. He is our father. A true father loves His children more than life itself.

And just what is it you think the fire feels like---a warm soothing bath?

I'm looking forward to it.

His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. (Rev 1:15)

Universalism does not allow for freedom of choice, they have to choose God, they have no other choice.

Not true, God chooses us despite our choices. Salvation is predetermined, it's the end He knows from the beginning, and has shared with us so that we might carry the gospel to a world in need.

If you have fooled yourselves into thinking this fire does not hurt, you are truly delusional.

It hurts many, but only to save them.

Those who died in their sins have not the protection of the blood of Jesus from the fire and it is indeed torture to therm.

This is not some kind of superstitious mumbo jumbo witchcraft or video game.

I speak what the bible says, not the philosophy of man. We are baptized by the fire of the Holy Spirit in this world, in this life---nowhere does it say that the fire of God will be a corrective fire after death. You have filed to produce one single, solitary verse that states anyone comes out of the fire to praise the Lord for eternity---not one.

All things appear yellow to the jaundiced eye. SALVATION. Destruction is never an end in itself, but only to burn up the chaff.

It is not a threat. There are only 2 choices---life or death. There is no other choice. Those who do not want to spend eternity with God, will not have the projection of the blood of Christ and they can not live in His fire without it. It is their choice. The notion that there is any other choice comes from Satan---he doesn't care how he distorts the truth, just as long as people believe the lie.

With the god you promote, I'm not surprised unbelievers prefer an antedliluvean attitude. So if it's annihilation for them and without God they expect to die forever anyway, why would they care less?

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do feel sorry for posts like that above. How sad that they hear not the whisper of the Spirit in the roars of long told lies. I am thankful for those brethren here who let the Spirit of truth lead and guide them away from the crowd who worship a god made in the image of carnal minded men of old. Men whose hearts were sold out to the religious and political spirit of the father of lies in those days days so long ago. Days when the founding fathers had long gone to their graves. The false truths promoted today still stand on the the shoulders of those servants of Satan who twisted the founders teachings to achieve their own corrupt hearted goals. History easily proves they too girded themselves with robes and religious phylacteries even as Jesus warned of concerning the deceivers in his day. Warnings against the lies of the pharisees in their religious robes. Oh the influence of those deceivers concerning the heart of God. The hearts of the simple minded were no match for those religious writers of the traditions and commandments of men.

The church that came up with the deceptions we stand against today, is simply the repeated history warning of Jesus in His day. A day when the Son himself told how the religion of God was so defiled by religious men.

MAT 23:5 They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues,

If only those today could heed the warning of the Savior concerning the truth.

Great post Hillsage imho.

So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life. (Gen 3:15)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.