Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That being said.... the stats are there. Do I believe you..... or people that study this for a living?

Guess you, a random guy on an internet Christian forum.. just like me.. should be believed over a researched documentary... Right?

That's why we can just state stuff and never show our source... Oh wait... we can't do that.

List of Christian denominations by number of members - Wikipedia
Major Branches of Religions
Largest Christian Denominations in the World
Christians

This stuff is really easy to search online.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"One of the greatest deceptive mistakes made" is when we read His word, Rev and then try to explain to others how our personal understanding/view is right and others just got it wrong yes? :)

12 pages later. So I see this is not a debate. Not up for discussion. The OP is right no? For me there are things I can't get past for some reason and I try to look at each view as if it was my own. Foolish for me to think my personal view belief is the only true one.

Things I look at.. went to make me a home so WHERE.. where is He? Thats where I will be when He comes back for us. Made us a home.. where there are many rooms there.. where? In His Fathers house. Paul.. didn't know. Well as I look at is.. if Paul knew Christ was not coming to us till after the great tribulation. Yet used a word "WE which remain". WE? Yeah.. if I am talking about a day that would be over 2000 years later I would never say "WE".

Then seems before 1611 a word got changed. It was the same in all versions. :) Did you know that? How odd huh. This right here. If your going to say you know caught up "Rapture" is not happening before the great tribulation then you should have known this. And the fact I the Church will never see Gods wrath. That wrath that his the WORLD and all in it. And we know there will be no place to hide.

Forgive me please. When some don't even know if some storm or earthquake or virus is a judgement from God. That you don't know we are NEVER EVER judged with the unrighteous. Christ came took WHAT to the Cross? Yeah.. some don't know this but you know about what happens during the great tribulation? Some and .. many can't believe right now for God to protect them.. but you know and believe He will then?

Sorry.. YOU HAVE to have faith now.. and it will be so bad then. All the wars don't even compare to whats coming. Some can't believe live for God.. I mean live for Him.. every thing you think say do. 100% for Him. You never will for whats coming.

Escape? AMEN! I look up now.. I live in this moment I was given. THIS is the day He comes. I was never promised tomorrow. Foolish to have faith in a day I was never promised. So.. candle lit.. and I watch .. just like a OLD Jewish wedding. What are the odds

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
This is a great video.

Really cool was that Christ said what the groom says when he gets the cup back from the bride.

And, that the door is shut for 7 days and nights...

Thanks for posting that.

I have a copy of that video they are referencing. The type and shadow of the wedding Jesus was following screams rapture. It's so obvious, but I think it gets lost when we try to approach it from a non-Jewish perspective.

I don't get angry when people say they don't believe it. That's fine, such people just need time, but I have zero patience when people say it's a straight-up lie, or even worse, that it is a doctrine of the devil because it's an attack on scripture itself.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have a copy of that video they are referencing. The type and shadow of the wedding Jesus was following screams rapture. It's so obvious, but I think it gets lost when we try to approach it from a non-Jewish perspective.

I don't get angry when people say they don't believe it. That's fine, such people just need time, but I have zero patience when people say it's a straight-up lie, or even worse, that it is a doctrine of the devil because it's an attack on scripture itself.
I agree...

Sometimes I find myself getting head strong on some view that I hold... Every once and a while we have to step back and say "Hey... does anyone really have a strong handle on the absolute truth of things that are to happen in the future?"

I just don't like people ridiculing those that believe differently than themselves.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Prayers to you ViaCrucis...... Just numbers of different types of christian churches....doesn't state how many of those individuals believe in the rapture, when it comes or if it comes...

It's really just a matter of understanding what those churches teach and believe.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's really just a matter of understanding what those churches teach and believe.

-CryptoLutheran
What a church believes, on this topic, and what the people of that religion believe... can differ..

In our church many people are divided on abortion, gay marriage, YEC, the rapture.... and other topics.

Stating a catch all statistic... doesn't fly.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But bringing those into the Church, in Sunday school and teaching from them, instead of relying on God's Word, how do you think our Heavenly Father feels about that?

Well our church doesn't, so I can't answer. They should be read for what they are, novels of fiction! I know anti pre tribbers have a snit over the pre trib rapture them, but they are works of fiction and actually an enjoyable read. People who would use them as bible , that is on them.

Yet we are given enough Scripture evidence for how the very end is going to a time of world peace for the deceived and wicked. The tribulation will be a physical and mental persecution upon Christ's faithful, but a spiritual one upon the deceived. Only when the deceived and wicked see Jesus coming in the clouds are they going to feel anguish and suffer a recompense. That's the actual choice, suffer the coming tribulation by the Antichrist, remaining faithful waiting on Jesus' coming, or fall away to deception but suffer by Jesus when He appears. Easy choice for me; I'll make my stand for Jesus during the tribulation waiting on His coming.

I take it you do not believe the bowls and trumpet judgments are literal then. For they speak of terribly physical suffering for the unbelievers! Prior to the 70th week commencing will be a time of false peace as the Antichrist consolidates his power and deceives the nations with his lying signs and wonders! for teh tribulation saints- yes once the antichrist declares himself God and declares all out genocide against Jews and believers will the anguish really take hold!

You know, you should stop those false accusation type statements AS IF I've done something wrong, when you haven't shown any proof of such. Those who make those kind of statements without backing it up bear false witness and are hypocrites.

Well it is obvious you never read from Gods Word the two reasons for the 70th week of Daniel. I have not accussed you of wrong doing, just making assumptions without empirical biblical support!

So, you think some believers Christ will not shut the door on, even though He showed those five foolish ones in the parable of the ten virgins? or the unprofitable servant that will be cast to the "outer darkness"? or those who will say to Him on that day, "Lord, lord", claiming they had done many wonderful works in His name, cast out devils in His name, taught Him in the streets, etc.?

Mixing different parables about different events is horrendous exegesis. But all that teh door is shut on are unbelievers, not some kind of semi-believer.

You don't read very well.

I've already shown how those Revelation 19:1-9 verses are AFTER CHRIST'S RETURN.

(I put the proof phrases there in RED for you in your above Scripture quote.)

So Jesus is on earth sitting on His throne of glory and the church is in heaven dressed as a bride without a bridegroom? WOW! You do realize that you are accusing God of horrendous composition. He writes of an event after Jesus comes to earth that takes place in heaven, then God precedes to write about Jesus returning to earth!

Why should we accept your opinion of this as valid instead of the manyu others who offer their opinions, instead of simply reading the passage in sequence like nearly all other passages are written???

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of the world's 2.1 billion Christians:

1.2 billion are Catholic
260 million are Eastern Orthodox
60-70 million are Oriental Orthodox
85 million are Anglican
80 million are Lutheran

Taking only these groups that means ~1.69 billion of the world's 2.2 billion Christians don't believe in the rapture.

If we are going to go by the numbers alone, that's 80%, at least, of Christians who do not believe in the rapture. This isn't even counting the tens of millions of Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, and other various Protestants who, likewise, have no belief in this particular doctrine.

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but they are very obviously incorrect.

Taking only the world's Catholic population, that's 57% of the global Christian population by itself.

The doctrine of "the rapture" is an idea that has always existed only on the most outermost fringes of Christianity. Beginning with the teaching of John N. Darby in the early 19th century and largely restricted to the Plymouth Brethren, only starting to radiate out among a minority of American Protestants with the work of Scofield and Moody.

And the reason why it's not accepted by the overwhelming majority of Christians is pretty simple: As an idea it never existed prior to the 19th century. Thus it literally couldn't be part of the theology of those churches which predate the 1800s.

It was unknown to the ancient fathers of the Church. It was unknown to the theologians of the middle ages. It was unknown to the scholastics, unknown to the monastics, unknown to the Protestant Reformers, unknown to later Protestants who, obviously, couldn't know a doctrine which did not yet exist.

-CryptoLutheran

But you err in that many in the denominations you listed believe and accept the truth of the pre trib rapture! I was a Charismatic catholic for about five of my first years as a believer and tens of thousands I met weree all pre-tribbers. Just like I am sure that many in all denominations believe in a pre trib rapture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You gave all these statistics (which probably aren't correct anyway), and then you used that to throw the statement, and I quote you, "you are in the minority... So... maybe you should not be so arrogantly stating that it is OK to insult people for not agreeing with you..", which of course is a false accusation, and NOT anything I have done. You tried to use stats as a weight for proof of your ignorant stupid theory. And yes, it is a stupid theory.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are personally offended by my saying "what kind of nonsense are you spouting"?

After you title your thread as "Beware of Pre-Tribbers Doomsday Hype" and then go on to state "those on the false Pre-tribulational Rapture doctrine like to do to draw you into their false belief"
and "to present all kinds of doom and gloom events to fool you"

then "They are absolute junk, not fit for the media they're printed on."?

All of this, out of the blue, without provocation... just random stand up and shout down fellow Christians that have a different view.

You're not even responding to someones post.. You just blurt out all this hate.

We get it... Your not a "pre-tribber"... congrats on that.. Enjoy your view.... Let others have the freedom to enjoy theirs without being ridiculed...

If you take the time to watch the video on "Before the Wrath" (doubt that you will) You will notice one of the big take a ways from it... Christians disrespecting other Christians views... is not attractive to non believers.

Every statement I made about those things are absolutely... true!

You simply cannot stand anyone telling the truth about the false pre-trib rapture doctrine. Have you been making your living on that doctrine maybe?

The whole message from Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye's books and movies is doom & gloom, so make sure you want to be 'raptured' out before all that happens, because God hasn't appointed us to wrath! Every bit of that scare tactic goes directly against what is written in God's Word. We are to make a stand in the "evil day", not seek to fly away so as to not have to suffer. Their messages, just as with John Darby's and Edward Irving's in 1830s Great Britain, where that doctrine was first preached in a church, is nothing but pure junk.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't even know who LaHay is.....

News flash, by the way.. This video is stocked full of scripture and history of the Hebrew people... But.. you won't let that sway your self righteous belief will you?

News flash, you ought to find out who he is and what he preaches, before you go claiming I'm arrogant and insulting him.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But you err in that many in the denominations you listed believe and accept the truth of the pre trib rapture! I was a Charismatic catholic for about five of my first years as a believer and tens of thousands I met weree all pre-tribbers. Just like I am sure that many in all denominations believe in a pre trib rapture.
Thanks for the great posts

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Every statement I made about those things are absolutely... true!

According to some rando on the internet who calls themselves "Davy"..... That's all I get from it.

I know of and have read numerous theological debates and commentaries on the pre, midd and post trib ideas...

You................................. are not an authority of any form in comparison to the authors of those writings and arguments.

You simply cannot stand anyone telling the truth about the false pre-trib rapture doctrine. Have you been making your living on that doctrine maybe?

I have no trouble with it... What I have trouble with is those with any of these views stating that they are fact, they know and hold the truth and the others are fools... That's just not Christian.

The whole message from Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye's books and movies is doom & gloom, so make sure you want to be 'raptured' out before all that happens, because God hasn't appointed us to wrath! Every bit of that scare tactic goes directly against what is written in God's Word. We are to make a stand in the "evil day", not seek to fly away so as to not have to suffer. Their messages, just as with John Darby's and Edward Irving's in 1830s Great Britain, where that doctrine was first preached in a church, is nothing but pure junk.
I think you need to drop the whole Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye stuff.... It's getting a little redundant.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
News flash, you ought to find out who he is and what he preaches, before you go claiming I'm arrogant and insulting him.
No, you should just stop insulting others who hold a different view than yourself... You know what they say... a fool is fine until he opens his mouth and lets everyone know hes a fool.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't answer my question. :scratch:

Your post #21 asked if I was speaking to you. I answered yes and pointed you to my post #19 where I responded to what you said about the 1st resurrection having the earth to themselves for a time.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your post #21 asked if I was speaking to you. I answered yes and pointed you to my post #19 where I responded to what you said about the 1st resurrection having the earth to themselves for a time.

I think you were agreeing with me, but the tone suggested that you were correcting me. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oddly enough, this popped up in my YouTube feed this morning. It concerns how Jesus related His coming rapture for His Bride to the Galileeian wedding custom.

Commenting on the Galileeian wedding custom. 12:00 - 21:00

It’s interesting that when the Father took Eve (signified by the church) from Adam’s side that He then brought her to Adam and Adam accepted her with the words of recognition as to flesh and blood mutuality.

The Galilean wedding with the bride given the same option to accept shows the bridegroom, after acceptance, signifying he will return them both to the Father. Very touching scenes being played out within that ceremony alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well our church doesn't, so I can't answer. They should be read for what they are, novels of fiction! I know anti pre tribbers have a snit over the pre trib rapture them, but they are works of fiction and actually an enjoyable read. People who would use them as bible , that is on them.

My actual point isn't which churches use them and which ones don't. My point is they are not Biblically based, so why would any true believer want to even read or watch something that goes 'against' God's Word, and be so gullible to believe it does align with God's Word?

I take it you do not believe the bowls and trumpet judgments are literal then. For they speak of terribly physical suffering for the unbelievers!

The plagues are a mimic of the time of Moses and Aaron in Egypt. But this final time, it will be God's two witnesses doing those things in Jerusalem (Rev.11). When Satan ascends from the bottomless pit to kill then, then those peoples will send each other gifts, having a big party. So their deception by the Antichrist will still be in effect, and they will still believe peace has come on the earth. Or didn't you notice in that time there is nothing written about Christ's armies coming to fight the beast 'during'... the tribulation? Instead, we are told the whole world will worship the "dragon", and he will have power over the saints, and will be given that power for 42 months (i.e., 1260 days, the same timeframe the two witnesses prophesy).

Prior to the 70th week commencing will be a time of false peace as the Antichrist consolidates his power and deceives the nations with his lying signs and wonders! for teh tribulation saints- yes once the antichrist declares himself God and declares all out genocide against Jews and believers will the anguish really take hold!

There is no such idea as "tribulation saints" written in God's Word. That is an idea the pre-trib rapture school made up. The elect and saints of Matthew 24:23-31 is about Christ's Church, not Jews that suddenly convert to Jesus during the tribulation. In the Rev.7 chapter, the 144,000 represent children of Israel that are 'sealed' in Christ Jesus in prep for the tribulation. The "great multitude" in that chapter represent the 'sealed' of the Gentiles.

BOTH... groups go through the great tribulation. It is only after... the tribulation when those Gentiles are shown standing near the throne, for we are given Millennial symbols with that. The pre-trib rapture school of course rejects those symbols, like He That sits on the throne dwelling among them, they hunger no more, The Lamb leads them to living fountains of waters (i.e., God's River of Rev.22), those are post-tribulation events that only occur after... Christ's return.

Well it is obvious you never read from Gods Word the two reasons for the 70th week of Daniel. I have not accussed you of wrong doing, just making assumptions without empirical biblical support!

There (underlined), you're doing it again, making false assumptions against me while providing no evidence at all.

Mixing different parables about different events is horrendous exegesis. But all that teh door is shut on are unbelievers, not some kind of semi-believer.

Those examples I pointed to are about Christ REJECTING those who will claim to be His on that day, or didn't you understand what He said He will say to those...

Matt 7:21-22
1 Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord', have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?
KJV

So now are you going to try and say something really stupid, like those who preached Christ, cast out demons in His name, prophesied in His name, and did many wonderful works in His name, is NOT about believers? Those ARE about believers on Christ, which is HOW they are able to do those things in His Name. And what will He say to those because that group did what...

Matt 7:23
23 And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.'

KJV

What particular "iniquity" for the end of this world do you think that might be? His Church isn't going anywhere until the last day of this world when Jesus comes.

So Jesus is on earth sitting on His throne of glory and the church is in heaven dressed as a bride without a bridegroom? WOW! You do realize that you are accusing God of horrendous composition. He writes of an event after Jesus comes to earth that takes place in heaven, then God precedes to write about Jesus returning to earth!

Why should we accept your opinion of this as valid instead of the manyu others who offer their opinions, instead of simply reading the passage in sequence like nearly all other passages are written???

Like I said before, you don't read very well.

I showed in those Revelation 19:1-9 verses how that timing is AFTER the defeat of the Babylon harlot, meaning the tribulation is over by then. That... is when Christ is going to sit down to supper with His faithful, and not before. And that supper is what the marriage feast of Revelation 19:9 is about.

Matt 26:29
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.
KJV

So you can mouth hot air all you want, but it's obvious you are not sticking to what is actually written there, but instead heed a false doctrine of man!

Upvote 0